Author's Chapter Notes:
Another one ready! Hope you enjoy! I might post one more, but expect more this week and next week!



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
"So, Drac…This private jet, is it yours?" Dawn asked while walking alongside him.

"Err no; it belongs to a vampiress: Selene, and her mate Michael." Dracula stated mildly irritated by this fact.

"Cool. Does this vampiress have a soul or something? Is her mate a human or vampire?" Dawn curiously asked not fazed by the notion she would be on a plane with two vampires let alone a possible third.

Dracula chuckled at her questioning. "Selene is a different type of vampire. She’s quite different from my kind or the kind you have come across. She evolved from the vampire she used to be. She is now a true immortal and something else entirely. She doesn’t even know what she is, but she still craves blood as well as food.” Dracula paused as he once again felt the surge of jealousy flood his cold body. Shrugging it casually off he continued, “Michael is something else altogether. He is part Lycan—a type of werewolf, and vampire, but Selene’s mate. I do believe that they are also bringing another for this trip. I am unsure who this is, but I do know he too is a Lycan and a vampire with this all important soul of yours."

"Why would I care? Buffy cared more about that than I do. Spike, my father, didn't have one until he acquired his own soul. So, chill out.” A thought occurred to her, and she smirked while her eyes dazzled with mirth, “You can't touch me, I am protected.” Dawn laughed at his constipated look. “That sucks for you, doesn’t it?" Dawn mockingly remarked as she fiddled with the single silver band on her thumb.

"Aye you have no idea. If I could I would take you for mine, but alas you are not for me the higher powers have deemed it so. It does suck as you put it." Dracula leered.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable under his gaze she looked straight ahead. Dawn felt somewhat guilty for her innocent flirting, but realized it wouldn’t matter anyway. She was protected. Staring intently ahead she walked on as they made their way to the private jet.

Dawn was rather surprised when they entered a small airplane field not far from where she and Buffy lived. She never knew this was near them. ‘This is so cool!’ she beamed.

"Good evening, Mr. Dracula. May I take the suitcase?" the attendant asked.

"Why, yes Gretchen, please do." Dracula informed her as he handed her the suitcase and ushered Dawn in front of him.

As Dawn boarded the jet she saw two males that screamed powerful, but beautiful creatures, and a beautiful evolved vampiress as Dracula had described earlier. The woman stood up to meet her first.

"I'm Selene, and you must be Dawn." Selene stated with a piercing gaze as her eyes shifted to an icy blue.

Dawn gaped she was absolutely stunning. Her dark brown almost black hair lay smoothly around her face and her skin was an unbelievable cream color slightly tinged with a tan. She wondered if the tan was part of that evolved explanation Dracula gave her. However, what stood out were her ice blue eyes and full lips shimmering in gloss.

"H-Hi, nice to meet you," Dawn stuttered out as two remarkably good looking men strode over towards her.

"Oh this is Michael, my mate." Selene said pulling him to her while he planted an endearing kiss to her head.

"Hello Dawn," Michael said while extending his hand to shake hers.

Dawn squeaked in surprise at the warmness of his hand, "Hi Michael."

Stepping back slightly it seemed as if the two parted purposely as the gorgeous guy made his way towards her.

Dawn was rendered speechless. Her mind was stuck on how gorgeous his eyes were. Standing beside Spike she could have sworn this guy was his twin. His brown hair was slicked back to hide the curls and his cheekbones were so prominent she wanted to reach out and run her fingers on his face. Looking into his eyes she was lost in endless light blue eyes speckled with green. She was absolutely smitten! His build was solid and his clothes fitted him like, they were made for him. He was dressed in combat boots covered by dark black cargo pants adorned with a red polo shirt and black leather duster. She couldn't help snickering at the fact he screamed Spike look-a-like! Though he did have an uncanny resemblance to that guy she saw in the new Star Wars movies, but his name escaped her as she was so tongue tied and her thoughts couldn’t form coherent words let alone names.

Christian stood before Dawn simply riveted by her beauty. Her light brown hair was tinged slightly with auburn highlights that sparkled around her face. He couldn't stop staring at her big blue eyes and every so often glancing down at her full rosy lips. She was nothing he had ever seen and no woman could ever hold a candle to her.

"Miss Dawn, it is a pleasure. I'm Christian," he spoke huskily taking her hand and kissing it.

Dawn flushed while nodding, but managed to stammer out a reply in a breathy voice, "H-Hello, Christian."

As mesmerized as they were by each other, he took her hand leading her to a seat and sat beside her.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" Christian gazed at her intently.

Dawn blushed, "N-No, not at all."

Michael snickered with Selene as they saw the heat between the two and glared at Dracula who was seething in apparent jealousy.

Taking their seats they heard the pilot announce to take their seats, as they were ready for lift off.

Christian looked over to the beauty seated to his right and took her hand in his and whispered, "Are you excited to see your father?"

Dawn was so shocked that he knew that she asked, "How'd you know?"

"We all know and are helping to bring him to his mate. He is your mother-sister's guide to her change." Christian declared.

"Really...That makes a bit more sense as to why I was going to get Spike, m-my father. Not that I wouldn’t want to go get him anyway," Dawn said with emotion.

Christian sensing the strong emotions coming off of Dawn wrapped his arm around her and Dawn laid her head on his chest.

"Shh, sleep now, I will wake you when we arrive." Christian offered.

"Please, thank you, Christian." Dawn whispered as her eyes fluttered closed.

The last thing she felt was a kiss to her head and a comforting embrace as she smiled.

*~*~*

Dawn was amazed the flight had gone so quickly. Christian astounded her but she was entirely too giddy to dwell on the why’s or the how’s. She was falling for him, and she knew he was falling for her too. It didn’t even occur to her that it was happening so fast. It just seemed so right. She really hoped that this was the guy from Buffy's dream because she wasn't about to give him up! If Spike got growly about him, he would just have to deal.

Coming out of her reverie of Christian thoughts she asked, "Where are we going to find Spike...I mean my father?"

Selene came forward and answered, "We know where he is, and we won’t get involved with this Angel."

"Oh, thank god! I don't like Angel. The less we have to do with him the better." Dawn said in relief.

The group laughed as they made their way into the night.

Coming to a door she noticed it was a basement apartment. Making her way through the others holding onto Christian's hand, she knocked nervously on the door praying he was still in.

"Relax Dawn, he’s there." Christian whispered in her ear while squeezing her hand.

"Bloody hell, just a mo," Spike yelled through the door as he struggled with the lock.

"What the...?" Spike grunted as he threw the door open then stated in shock at who stood before him, “Niblet?”

Dawn let go of Christian's hand and leaped into Spike's arms and cried.

"Oh, hush now, Niblet. I fall apart at your tears. I'm here, let it out platelet." Spike shushed her with nonsensical words as he held her close breathing in her scent.

Pulling herself together she straightened up and slapped him hard on his cheek.

"Oi! Bloody hell, what was that for Niblet?" Spike exclaimed as he rubbed his cheek.

"That was for not coming back to us Spike!" Dawn angrily looked back at him.

Spike guiltily looked away fearing her disappointed look. He struggled with his words trying to say something to soothe her. Dawn gratefully interrupted, saving him from making a colossal fool of himself.

"Don't. I understand why you didn't Spike, but you need to come home with me. There's a lot you don't know."

"I think I know what it is, but it was bloody confusing. Can you tell me why you are here when I was making plans to come to you?" Spike spoke raising his eyebrow.

"Right, well, the only way to say this is to have you read the letter. First, can you invite us all in? Please." Dawn pleaded with him.

Spike tilted his head to consider this, but relented knowing it was his Niblet, and then invited them all in. He felt rage building when the last came strolling through his door.

"Drac, ole mate, here to pay me bloody eleven quid?" Spike scowled.

"Ah, William the Bloody, your money is in good hands with Miss Buffy as we speak." Dracula offered with a smirk as he made himself quite comfortable on Spike’s couch.

Spike wondered at his comment, but kept his mouth shut as he watched how close Dawn was with a boy. He growled not liking what he was seeing. He noticed the stunning couple next to Dawn and the boy. He was getting the same feeling from them as he was the boy, but said nothing to them. What fueled his anger was Dawn wrapped up with this boy who smelled more than human but something different than a vampire.

"Uh, Dawn Katherine Summers, you do know that boy is a vampire or something like a vampire?" Spike tried to sound menacing but his growl was laced with confusion.

"Oh, no you don't, mister! Back off with the growlies! He's mine, and I know he's more than a vampire. He's different," Dawn said defensively.

"How is he sodding different Dawn? He smells like a vampire but something else!" Spike yelled heatedly into her face barely controlling his rage.

"So are you butt-hole! You don't know what’s going on!" Dawn yelled back at him.

Spike backed off as he sized up the situation and then something clicked. Spike looked at Christian and moved closer to him and asked relatively calmer, "Who are you? I sense a soul on you, but I have seen you in my dreams."

Christian smirked, "I'm Christian. In your dreams I've been...hmm?"

Spike rolled his eyes as he realized what he just said. "Not in that bloody way!"

Everyone laughed as Spike growled, "Har bloody har. What the sodding hell is going on? Apocalypse?"

Dawn stepped forward waving everyone off and took the letter out of her pocket and handed it to Spike who looked back at her in concern.

"What's this, Niblet?"

"Just read it please d...Spike." Dawn urged him and hoped he didn't realize her almost slip.

Hearing her urgency he took the letter out knowing full well it was from Buffy. He was surprised to see that it was written to Dawn and not to him. He looked up with questioning eyes and still heard Dawn urging him to read the letter. Settling himself on his coffee table he read the letter.

Dracula and Dawn watched him knowing what the letter stated and more than saw the emotions on his face as he read and fingered the letter. The others who heard of the letter watched sympathetically as they waited for him to finish.

It had been awhile since Spike said anything. Dawn knew that he read it more than once because his hands were shaking and tears slid down his cheek as he read. Moving away from Christian she wrapped her arm around Spike as he crumbled in her arms.

Composing himself, he cupped Dawn's face and really looked at her.

"You're mine and Buffy's?"

Dawn's eyes filled with tears, and she cupped his face in her hands, "You're my father. It makes sense, ya know. Daddy let's go home. We can be a family."

Grasping her with his very un-life he pulled away and nodded to the others. He made his way to his bedroom and grabbed his things. Without looking back, he grasped his daughter’s right hand with his left while she placed her left hand with Christian's right hand and together with the others they made their way out into the night.

"Take me home, my Niblet." Spike placed a kiss to her head.

"Okay Daddy," Dawn whispered as she cuddled into his arms and looked over to Christian's adoring eyes. She was in heaven but she would be flying even higher when they returned to Buffy, her mother.

Life was good and they were going home.