Author's Chapter Notes:
***Fixed 10/19/10 and thanks magnus374 on Elysian Fields for pointing out the confusion. Hope it sounds better!*** Another one up! Ok, now I will wait a couple of days to put up the next chapter. There might be two up and then after updates regularly. Hope you enjoy, and again be warned this is edited by my program and not beta'd. If you see something, please let me know! Once again happy reading and enjoy!



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

"She’s fighting it."

Nodding his head to his companion, he knelt down beside the bed, and looked to his mate. He knew that when Dawn and the others with her arrived, they would want to know who they were.

Any supernatural being or those who knew of this world believed that the Powers That Be were a higher power. The damn fools acting as all powerful beings believed it was them that controlled destinies and fate. However, it was not so. It was he and his Universe Council that made up the higher power. It was they, the most heavenly creatures of all that had tried so desperately hard to attain such greatness for the Universe. But, it had been ripped away and slowly destroyed by these pretenders, the Powers That Be.

When Buffy had graced the world Earth, they tried so hard to bring back what they’d started long ago. Her destiny was known by all the Universe Council just as much as they knew of Spike's, William Pratt's. Those meddlesome Powers that Be almost ruined what they tried so hard to accomplish. True love would bring about a change to the world that had begun to diminish before their very eyes.

"Marcus." Alanna placed her hand in his.

"I know, my love. We must protect her from those interfering Powers That Be," Marcus fumed.

"Won't these warriors be surprised that here they thought all along that it was the Powers that Be that began all their problems?" Alanna chuckled.

"They certainly will not understand what or who we are, well some won’t." Marcus pointed out.

"What, that we are the right hands of the great Power himself? That I am truly Mother Nature and that you were handed the responsibility by the being himself and became the creator of the universe, my dear?" Alanna amusingly offered while stroking Buffy's hair.

"Alanna, my love," Marcus cautioned.

"You know that it's true. We have done everything, absolutely everything to protect this one. You dare shake your head at me Marcus?" Alanna snapped.

Marcus sighed and took Alanna's hand in hers and brushed a kiss to her knuckles. "My dear, I just worry for them all. The courts are seeing to the Powers, and they will be punished for their interference. Was I not the one to start correcting this mess?" He raised an eyebrow to meet her glare.

Alanna relented, but seethed as she spoke, "And, Angelus? What will we do about him? He has been nothing but trouble!"

Marcus gazed at his love and laughed. "He and his crew of do-gooders believe that Wolfram & Hart is the problem. I can't wait to shed some light on that situation. We will rid those who are working for evil within our firm. But as for Angelus, he will learn what it means to be humble soon enough." Marcus fell back in laughter careful of Buffy's form.

"What were those Powers thinking of sending him to our Slayer?" Alanna growled.

"My love," Marcus warned her yet again.

"NO! Marcus you know that it's true! I know that William the Bloody was evil, but it was that damn Drusilla! He would have changed earlier! Angelus nearly destroyed Buffy!" Alanna seethed as her face flushed.

"My dear do calm down. I know this. Those damn Powers will be dealt with. The way they played all of them to a fiddle! It aggravates me, my dear, but all will be the way it should be soon enough." Marcus sighed in relief when he felt his mate had calmed.

Marcus stood and paced. Stopping for just a moment he turned back to his mate and continued, "All the warriors must know everything, Alanna. We must tell them that the Powers orchestrated their whole lives and played with their true destinies. Buffy was supposed to learn things differently than she had. She would have accepted her calling, but Angelus manipulated her along with the Powers that stole our own calling. And that’s not even mentioning what her own family did to her! Father Earth was not happy. Now that we have reclaimed what was rightfully ours, Father has finally come around, but he is still enraged. Don’t get me started on how the Great One is taking it. He thinks I’m failing at the job he handed to me!"

"What do Father Sun and Mother Moon have to say?" Alanna questioned as she stroked her mate’s arm in hopes of soothing him.

"The whole Universe Council is in uproar."

Alanna interrupted, “Even Lucifer himself?"

"Yes."

Alanna collapsed to the bed in shock. "B-but he is the evil incarnate himself."

Marcus was not deterred by her shock but chuckled, "Well, he has gotten along well and apparently with Isis keeper of the gates of hell."

"But I thought that was Hades?" Alanna said confused.

"Oh he is still very much there, but Isis is his sister. She has been controlling things lately. Lucifer and Isis apparently fell in love and well, a long story short, he voted for love to conquer. Imagine that! I nearly fell off my chair!" Marcus declared.

Alanna giggled relentlessly. The universe was changing and she knew Marcus would see to it that it did.

"What I find more amusing is that when she finally sees you Alanna, she will think you are the first Slayer." Marcus informed her.

"Dear, Sineya was one of our most beloved daughter’s." Alanna sadly pointed out as she ran her fingers through her long black tresses.

"I know, my darling." Marcus shivered in remembrance. Alanna ran her fingers through his slightly curly shoulder length dark russet almost black hair.

"We must do something about this Council of Watchers. Rupert Giles must learn." Alanna huffed.

"Indeed," Marcus stood still as he felt Father Time enter.

"Father Time, what a pleasure." Marcus offered his hand.

"Must you Marcus! You know I go by Tim!" Tim rolled his eyes.

"That you do Time, I mean Tim." Marcus laughed as Tim scowled.

"Boys!" Alanna reprimanded.

"You have brought news, Tim?" Marcus changed his demeanor to business.

"Yes, my lord. The Powers have been banished. They are relieved of their powers and titles." Tim relayed in a great deal of relief.

"Very good and what did the Universe Council do with them?" Marcus demanded.

"They were banished to the Garden of Eve, never to set foot out of it." Tim’s eyes sparkled.

"A perfect punishment," Marcus said with a mischievous twinkle in his eye then added, "Eve will keep them well occupied."

"How is she?" Tim hesitantly asked.

"She’s fighting it. She longs for him." Alanna grimly responded.

Tim rolled his eyes until they shone silver and spoke, "He will be here shortly after leaving off Dracula. He will be arriving with a few others."

"Have we decided to take care of Dracula?" Alanna looked to both.

"Lucifer will take him in." Marcus gleefully told them.

"Tim you must go." Alanna gently said as she felt the others approach.

Marcus and Alanna braced themselves for their arrival as a bright light shimmered throughout the room and Father Time vanished. They stood sentry when they heard Spike growl.

"Spike, no." Dawn said gently.

Spike looked at Dawn and back at the bright beings then back to Dawn, puzzled. Shaking from his confusion he crossed his arms and then arched his eyebrow at Dawn.

"Bit, do you mind telling me what the bleeding hell is going on?"

"They are more powerful than you, I can tell you that." Dawn smirked.

Marcus watched in awe as the girl once his daughter with Alanna smirked at the vampire, Spike. He was proud of his and Alanna’s decision to bestow Dawn to Buffy and Spike. He knew he couldn't have blessed anyone else with this remarkable being. Her name was so fitting—Dawn. He was so sad that this beautiful child was taken from them so long ago and was given back to the world with new parents to love her. He felt Alanna grasp his hand and gasp.

‘Alanna' Marcus said dejectedly.

Dawn looked at the two and felt so compelled to talk to them. Something ancient inside of her wanted to reach out but since her chat with Buffy, she was nervous about touching anyone except Spike or Christian. Sure she gained some of their power, but she controlled it amazingly. It seemed that while Buffy was going through the changes, so was she.

"I know you. How do I know you?" Dawn nibbled on her lip.

Alanna had tears in her eyes and looked to Marcus searching his eyes. Marcus knowing what she desperately needed to know soothed his mate Alanna before speaking to the others.

"I must tell you who we are." Marcus calmly remarked bringing Alanna closer then added, "Please sit this may take awhile. I am Marcus, Father Universe and this is my mate Alanna, Mother Nature."

He began to tell them of the fall of the Powers that Be by the Universe Council and their banishment. He told them how the Almighty handed him the responsibility to take over as the creator of the universe and introduced to Mother Nature. They were shocked briefly, but listened, as they were supernatural beings themselves. The story fascinated them. However, Spike seethed in rage. He knew deep within his heart, there was a greater power beyond the Powers that messed with you. They were the cause of all of Buffy's problems and these beings were here to correct it. Spike did something he thought he would never ever do.

Spike's inner William bowed before them, "I offer you my allegiance, and I know I am not worthy, but I offer you all that I am to help."

"Rise, William Pratt. You do us much honor, please come forward." Alanna insisted.

"We absolve thee of your crimes. We know we can't take back that which you have taken, but you have atoned and continue to do so without looking for reward. You followed your blood then, and you follow your heart still. You are a true testament of love, and that we are grateful for. Dracula is no more. We have brought you here tonight to fulfill your destiny. It was written in the stars. Do you accept your gift to protect her, to love her, to cherish her always, to walk aside her, and support her?"

Spike felt his guilt recede and his heart which had filled with darkness since working with Angel, lighten. He pondered that for a moment and then looked to both Marcus and Alanna and firmly stated, "I accept."

As he accepted a light shone through the room, and he felt Buffy all around him. He felt her everywhere. He whispered, "Buffy," and then collapsed.

"What did you do?" Dawn cried out in distress as she watched her father collapse. She tried to run towards him, but Christian held her back.

Selene and Michael looked over from their seats unperturbed. Michael already had some idea that this would happen but looked to Christian with a shake of his head. He knew Christian understood and backed down.

Meanwhile, Marcus had lifted Spike and laid him beside Buffy and locked their hands together. Alanna pulled him to her and walked to the crying Dawn.

"Oh goddess I can't. Marcus she acts too much like her," Alanna trembled.

Marcus comforted Alanna and looked at the distraught girl and began, "Dear child, I do apologize, but we had yet to get to the part concerning you and this upsets my dear Alanna too much. You see we had a child. She was taken from us and was turned into a green ball of light. This sent us away for quite some time. Due to our disappearance life had changed this earth and had the Powers that Be taking it in its control. The green light we learned was placed back on earth, and by then we fought with everything we could to get through, but alas we could not, at least not then. When the green light was changed to a girl once again the monks changed her into the daughter of these two powerful beings. Only they placed a spell situating her as Buffy’s sister instead." Marcus said as tears streamed down his face.

Dawn was crying as Christian held her tightly. This explained so much to her.

"Am I really their daughter?" Dawn said hesitantly.

"Yes you truly are, but you are still a part of us, but yes, you were made from them." Alanna honestly spoke.

Dawn beamed at them, "Cool! So, I have, like two families!"

Marcus said in awe of her insight, "It would appear that way."

Alanna cut in, "Young lady, Buffy and Spike love you as much as we do. We can be Nana and Poppa to you. I mean if you like." Alanna blushed.

Dawn took hold of Alanna's hand and pulled her gently into a hug. "I would like that very much. I can't call Buffy and Spike mom and dad, can I?" Dawn wisecracked with tears glistening in her eyes.

Alanna hugged her tightly and pulled back looking at her, "But you should, dear. That's exactly what they are, your mother and father."

"It will be weird for awhile, Nana." Dawn replied shyly as Alanna placed a kiss to her forehead.

"Can you tell me why he collapsed?" Dawn directed to Marcus.

"We connected them in every possible way until Spike and Buffy mate. Dracula is gone and Spike is now her sire. They are fighting the demon within Buffy. This is why it takes five days. Tomorrow she awakens a powerful Vampire Slayer, yet she will be alive, but as a different sort of vampire. She will be the caller of Slayers. She is the mother of them all, and he will be the father protector of them all. It isn't ironic that he was the Slayer of Slayers, he was meant for this and to do so, he had to fight them. Yearn for them. In essence really they will be father and mother to all of them. Think you can contend with that?" Marcus asked after answering her completely.

"Actually, I think I can.” Dawn said as she placed her hand to Buffy and Spike's locked hands.

"Good. Now that's settled. Let's get you all fed and rested while we wait." Alanna gladly commanded them all.

No one noticed the lone tears that fell from Spike and Buffy's eyes.

****
"You will never beat me! I will win this." Buffy scowled at the demon locking eyes with hers.

"They will not come bitch, and then I will take over!" the Demon growled out.

"Never!" Buffy struck the Demon and smirked as it flew further than she had ever thrown a demon with her punches before. They had been doing this back and forth for days. She hadn’t tired at all. She grinned relishing in the strength she now had. She felt different, but a good different. It was exhilarating!

"You will pay for that, you bitch!" The Demon shrieked in rage.

"Not on my watch." Spike sneered out and quickly glanced at Buffy who stared at him in shock.

"Oh what do we have here? The Great Champion coming in to help save his precious love? Oh, be still my heart!" the Demon scoffed.

"Spike," Buffy whispered in aching tenderness. "You came back to me."

"Always, luv," Spike sauntered over towards her placing a loving hand to her cheek.

"Buffy, are you ready to do this?" Spike sternly asked her.

"With you? Definitely!" Buffy replied without any hesitation and grinned at him with a sparkle in her eye.

"Right then, let's dance," Spike quipped.

Buffy stood beside Spike stronger than she had ever been, since he was gone. ‘This Demon doesn't stand a chance.' Buffy smirked as they danced around the Demon trading jibes and beating on the Demon persistently. They blocked and punched and kicked while backing the Demon down. When they thought the Demon could take no more it bowed and spoke as blood coursed down from its mouth.

"I submit. I am yours to do with what you will." The Demon bowed its head in submission.

Spike harshly spat out, "Stand Demon."

Spike looked over at Buffy and spoke quietly, "You’re sure you can do this, luv?"

Buffy nodded as her eyes turned a dark purple and struck. She growled loudly, "MINE!" Spike's eyes turned gold then bled a dark purple as he struck the other side of the Demon's neck and roared, "MINE!"

The Demon cowered and replied, "I am yours, both of yours."

As the Demon replied, it began to fade into a mist that seeped into every pore of Buffy and Spike finally leaving only the two of them there.

Spike opened his eyes feeling the new power running through him and brushed his hand against Buffy's cheek.

"Buffy."

Buffy melted into goo at his touch and leant in against his hand. She too felt the power running through her, and as she opened her tear filled sea green eyes she whispered, "Spike."

"Not to completely bugger up this reunion luv, but mind tellin' a bloke how I can feel you and touch you, but I guess it's all in our bloody minds?" Spike took her in his arms.

"Well, I always knew you were a bone head Spike." Buffy giggled into his chest.

"Care to share with the bloody class, luv?" Spike mused with a smile on his face.

"Did Alanna and Marcus not tell you anything?" Buffy looked at him in bemusement.

"Not a bloody lot. Marcus told us the Powers that like to mess with you made a mess of things, and then they forgave me of past sins, and then I accepted to take care of you to stand by your side as your sire." Spike replied then added, "I collapsed after that."

"So, my Sire, why did you not come for me when you came back then?" Buffy cried.

"Angel kept telling me that you moved on, Buffy." Spike sadly looked away.

"Spike, when have you ever listened to him?" Buffy glared at him.

Spike let go of her in frustration and paced then looked back at her. "It's not that simple luv, and you, bloody well know it. It wasn't about if you were better off without me, it was that way at first because all I wanted to be to you then was that hero you saw giving his life for you. Then after listening to him all the bloody time as a ghost was pissing me off. Soddin' wanker. Suddenly I am touchable, the office goes crazy and the feeling of being corporeal had me jumping soddin' Harmony! Don't give me that look Buffy." Spike glared at her before he continued but softened his gaze when she urged him on.

"It was that place Buffy. Something evil was running around and now speaking with Marcus and Alanna, I don't think it was those Senior Partners that run the place. I think it's those that run it from the inside. Does this make any sense to you?" Spike faced her.

"I think so. Do you think it's that woman Eve and the goons in the place that are making it this way?" Buffy thought for a moment then looked back at him.

"You know Eve?" Spike eyes went wide.

"Know her, no. Met her, yes. When Sunnydale was a crater we went there and then left for England. We have been there ever since. Just recently we went to keep an eye on the Immortal and moved over to Rome for a bit." Buffy said as she held his hands in hers.

"The bloody Immortal! Buffy, please tell me you haven't..." Spike left the rest of what he was going to say hanging and looked at Buffy with pleading eyes.

"Eww, gross much! The guy is a sleaze ball, and he tried to thrall me, so I sent him flying across the room!" Buffy retorted and snapped, "Do you honestly think I would fall for someone so soulless that wasn't you!"

"Buffy, did you mean it?" Spike glanced down at their joined hands afraid to look at her eyes.

"Hey, look at me." Buffy gently lifted his chin and looked into his eyes. "I meant every word, Spike. I love you so much. I have been so lost without you."

Spike felt her hands tremble along with his and pulled her to him, "I love you too, luv. It's only been you and soon I will show you just how much, but for now can I hold you?"

"Always," Buffy whispered.

They didn't know how or why, but they seemed to be on a bed, a bed that looked very much like the one they once slept on together. It was this bed that had been the best night of their lives or Spike's un-life. Buffy snuggled into him when she looked up at him expectantly, "Why did your eyes turn dark purple Spike?"

"I'm not sure, luv. Bloody guessing here but I think we are one and the same. I won't be surprised if I feel a sodding heartbeat when we wake up. I do hope when we wake, I can still vamp out." Spike said equally stunned by the whole thing.

"You wouldn't want to be human?" Buffy innocently asked.

"Bloody hell, no! I was a puny human to soddin' begin with, luv. If I was more than human, but less of a monster, then maybe." Spike spoke softer after his harsh reply.

Buffy giggled, "Spike-y wants to be a Slayer!"

Spike growled and pounced on top of her, "You're going to get it missy." He mercifully tickled her.

"Stop," giggle, "Ok, I give!" Buffy giggled and stroked his face that was now close to hers.

"Buffy." Spike looked at her as his tone was now serious.

"Uh oh. I don't like the sound of that." Buffy shrank back.

"No it's not like that…Buffy when we are among the living again. I want to, oh bugger. It's just I want to claim you." Spike sheepishly replied.

Buffy looked at him and smiled, "I was hoping you would ask."

"If you want to say no...Wait...What did you say?" Spike looked at her incredulously.

"Doofus, I said I was hoping you would ask. I want to claim you back." Buffy smirked.

Spike hugged her close and felt a single tear fall down his cheek, "I love you so much. So bloody much."

"I love you too." Buffy said and brushed her lips against his.

"When we wake up luv, I am ravishing every part of your delectable body." Spike leered at her.

"Mmm, that sounds amazingly good." Buffy sighed in his arms.

Spike stared at her with so much love and awe. As quickly as that look appeared on his face he leered just as quickly and then cockily smirked at her, "I'll give you bloody amazing, pet." He kissed her with everything he had in him. Pulling away reluctantly from her lips he then kissed her head and snuggled her close. "Rest luv, we’ll wake soon."

"Spike, I have to tell you something." Buffy struggled in fear.

"You can tell me anything, luv." Spike responded in worry.

"When you were gone," Buffy said taking a breath she continued, "I kept getting Slayer dreams continuously. I was constantly getting them because of extreme emotions, and they were always more intense after I listened to this one song. I didn't know why until I got the last dream and started researching. I told all of this to Dawn in my letter. She did let you read it, didn't she?" Buffy pulled away from his embrace and noticed the radio beside the bed.

Spike watched her as she turned the radio on and the music filled the room. As Buffy cuddled back into his embrace, he answered her.

"She did. What's this luv? It's different from what you normally listen to." Spike said as he caressed her backside.

"This is what helped me realize who I am and understand even you, and us. I was so hurt when you didn't come for me but listening to this, I understood."

The music was hypnotizing Spike had to credit her for that. He listened, as he knew she lost herself to it.

Catch me as I fall
Say you're here and it's all over now
Speaking to the atmosphere
No one's here and I fall into myself
This truth drives me
Into madness
I know I can stop the pain
If I will it all away

Don't turn away
(Don't give in to the pain)
Don't try to hide
(Though they're screaming your name)
Don't close your eyes
(God knows what lies behind them)
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep never die)

I'm frightened by what I see
But somehow I know
That there's much more to come
Immobilized by my fear
And soon to be
Blinded by tears
I can stop the pain
If I will it all away

Don't turn away
(Don't give in to the pain)
Don't try to hide
(Though they're screaming your name)
Don't close your eyes
(God knows what lies behind them)
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep never die)

Fallen angels at my feet
Whispered voices at my ear
Death before my eyes
Lying next to me I fear
She beckons me
Shall I give in
Upon my end shall I begin
Forsaking all I've fallen for
I rise to meet the end
Don't turn away
(Don't give in to the pain)
Don't try to hide
(Though they're screaming your name)
Don't close your eyes
(God knows what lies behind them)
Don't turn out the light
(Never sleep never die)

Servatis a pereculum.
Servatis a maleficum


As the music came to a stop Spike cried along with Buffy whispering into her ear, "I promise Buffy. You have my word. I won't turn you away."

"You promise?" Buffy sniffed as the tears ran down her face.

"I promise." Spike said as he wiped her tears away.

"It was killing me, you know…The whispers. I tried to ignore it but the whisper just kept getting louder and louder until it was screaming at me that something was so wrong. I knew you came back. I felt it when you did. I called Angel. Did you know that?" Buffy wiped at her eyes as she stood up.

"No, I bloody well didn't." Spike angrily stood then began pacing.

"Well, I did. I cried to him and I kept insisting that you were alive. He told me you were gone and to move on. Then when the crazy Slayer episode happened, I found out you had been there all along. It broke my heart but I was so angry with Angel. I called him and ripped into him good. He told me you had moved on, and that I should do the same. He said to go have a normal life now that there were so many Slayers in the world." Buffy cried in pain remembering how that call devastated her.

Spike was seething. He was pissed beyond recognition. His body shook with immense anger and his vampire face wasn’t forming. For over a century he had used this to let his anger out, and now he couldn't do it. He knew his eyes changed. He could feel it. He knew that he still had his fangs, but he couldn't seem to conjure up the bumps normally associated with vampires.

"Luv, why can't I vamp out?" Spike reigned in his anger.

"Oh, you're like me. I think?" Buffy pulled him closer stroking his face. Calming herself, she brought forth her visage and looked at him and panted.

"Oh, I like this," Spike huskily replied nipping her bottom lip.

"Are you done with your temper tantrum?" Buffy said as she ran a finger across his bottom lip eyeing it hungrily.

Spike gulped, "Yeah."

Buffy pressed her lips to his and battled with his tongue as they danced their way back towards the bed. "Back to bed. I want to wake up soon so I can get to you and me, ravishing each other."

"Sure thing luv," Spike panted lustfully but maintaining control of himself.

They laid back on the bed wrapped up in each other. They didn't even feel the Demon within them smile. It knew it had done its job, and couldn't be happier.

"I love you Spike." Buffy sighed, her breathing evening out and just before she drifted off; she heard Spike's reply and smiled.

"I love you too, Buffy." Spike kissed her lips and snuggled into her and laid the blanket over them smiling.

As the two drifted asleep the Demon felt their simultaneous smiles and purred in contentment. This was home.


Chapter End Notes:
Great song (Whisper by Evanescence) by the way, if you didn't read over the lyrics. Don't worry I'm guilty of that too! But check it out: By Evanescence! Love that band, too bad nothing new yet from them! Well, I haven't seen anything!