Photobucket



Chapter 11:



“Mmmmm….”

“What?” William whispered.

“Nothing…just on the floor sex is the best type of sex there is.” Buffy smiled as she hugged her husband’s side close to her and lifted her bare legs on top of his midsection. They both were barely covered by Buffy’s pink silk robe.

“Our bed not good enough for ya anymore?” William asked as he ran his hand over Buffy’s shoulders, tracing down the middle of her spine. He moved to the side a bit but stopped and grimaced in pain, Buffy didn’t notice.

“After this?” she tilted her head up to look at him for a second, “I’m going to have to say sorry king sized bed that we bought from Levin, you’ve got competition.”

“With the hardwood floor?”

“Mmmmhmmm…” she sighed and rested her head back on his chest.

“It’s easy for you to say love; you were on top…completely different story when you’re occupying the lower deck.”

“You were manning the top for a while…” she pointed out and smiled at the memory. ‘Oh ya…’ she thought to herself.

”Until you got rough and animalistic and demanded to be put in the driver’s seat…”

“You don’t like Animal Buffy?”

“I love all kinds of Buffy…”

“Mmmmm….” She sighed again and closed her eyes, “So why you complaining?”

“Because I think….I hurt my back.” He groaned as he shifted a little with Buffy in his arms.

“What?!” Buffy snapped her eyes open and sat up. “Oh my god…are you serious?” When she noticed him wince her eyes widen. ‘Oh god, I broke him!’

“I’m fine love…just need to remember to stretch all the muscles the next time we do this…” he muttered when he sat up.

“Do-do you need anything? Tylenol? Heating pad? Ice, do you need ice? A doctor?” she asked with concern and helped him stand. He grabbed his pants hanging over the coffee table and his shirt on the lamp shade.

“No, no, no…don’t need that…” he said quickly to that last one as he rubbed his lower back. He tried to picture how that conversation would go with his doctor if he were to go see him. ‘Well Dr. Madison, you know how it is when your really in the moment with your wife and pain and pleasure seem to blend together and you can’t tell the difference?’

“Are you sure?”

”Defiantly” he said with a sigh as he sat back on the couch and closed his eyes. When William noticed that Buffy had been silent for a while he popped opened one eye to see her standing in front of him, biting her lip and looking like she was going to cry.

“Luv?” he opened both eyes and took notice that she was indeed now crying. “What?”

“I hurt you!”

”What? No…no…you didn’t hurt me, the floor did.” He joked.

Buffy turned around and walked out of the living room and up the stairs in tears.

“Buffy!!” he yelled, he made a move to get up but it was too painful, “Damn it…” he muttered, “Buffy!!!”

“Great…” he muttered, “She leaves me in a situation where I can’t go after her.”

*~*~*~*


Buffy knew she acted a little bit paranoid downstairs. I mean, she knew subconsciously that she didn’t intend the sexcapades on the floor to turn into something that seemed like a tackle football game. She knew subconsciously that it was an accident and that William didn’t blame her. However, her subconscious and her hormones were not agreeing.

She sniffed and blew her nose; she was currently in the hallway bathroom and had been hiding in there for an hour. She used a bunch of sheets of toilet paper to dab her eyes with while looking in the mirror.

‘God, it feels like I’m going through menopause.’ Buffy thought to herself as she threw her tissues away in the trash and switched off the light in the bathroom.

It was approaching late afternoon and she was starting to get hungry; she figured William must be too. She quietly walked across the hallway rug, stopped at the top of the stairs, and listened to where William could be in the house.

After canceling out all the noises the house was making and the sounds from outside, coming from an opened window, she heard the television in the living room playing at a low volume.

Buffy slowly walked down the stairs and sneaked a peak in the living room to see that William had fallen asleep in the middle of an episode of I Love Lucy. She smiled and walked a bit closer to him to admire his relax state.

‘Good, he doesn’t seem to be in pain anymore.’ She thought to herself.

When she turned to proceed into the kitchen, she felt a tug on the belt of her robe and a grab at her hips.

“Hey!!” she squealed in surprise when Buffy found herself on top of William’s chest. “I thought you were asleep and—“

”Pretending…” he muttered with a smirk.

“You’re back, doesn’t it still hurt—am I hurting you?!!” she panicked and started to wiggly out of his arms to get up.

“Na ah ah…” he shook his head, “You aren’t going anywhere missy”

“But-but your back is—“

”Fine…I wouldn’t have grabbed you if it wasn’t pet.” He pointed out and lightened his grip on her so he could see if she would run away. If she did, he’d be ready to pin her.

“I—I’m---“

”If you say your sorry and are continuing to blame yourself for what happen, I think I’m going to have to spank you pet.” He interrupted.

“Huh?”

“Ya know…spank.” He said as he flipped his wrist and slapped her butt to demonstrate his point.

“Hey!” she slapped him on the chest.

William did a quick maneuver and flipped her so she was on her back on the couch. “See…” he said, “My back is allllllll better…” ‘Back to playtime’ he thought to himself. Earlier he was cursing himself for not having the power to suppress telling his wife he was hurt. William was sure that if he didn’t tell her they would have gone another round somewhere else in the house, something he was looking forward to.

“You weren’t an hour ago…” she whispered.

“I’m not a hundred years old Buffy…if you think I’m frail, well, you might need a good rough and tumble.”

She smiled, “And what would that prove?”

”That my stamina is still there.”

“Spike please, your ego is—“ she stopped abruptly and looked away from his face. ‘I can’t believe I did it again’ she thought to herself.

“My ego is what?”

‘So what, he’s going to ignore what I just called him? Am I the only one that pays attention when I talk?’

“Is nothing…”

He snorted, “Excuse me, my ego is nothing?”

”I got to make dinner.” She started to push him away but he kept her firmly in place.

“No, no, no.” he said as he pinned her wrists harder to the cushion, “What?”

“What, what?” she asked.

“Buffyyyyy…” he warned.

“What?!” she exclaimed.

“Will you be a dear and tell me what the hell is going on in that pretty little head of yours before I bust it open myself and try to find out?”

”Nothing…”

”Excccccept….”

“Except nothing, now do you want stir fry or spaghetti for dinner?” she tried to move upward but his grip was too strong, it was like her hands were glued to the couch. “Let me up.”

”No…and forget about dinner for just a minute.” He said, “You’re not getting up until you tell me what’s up…”

Buffy’s dirty mind couldn’t help itself, she looked south toward his pants.

“And not that!” he said before she could say something smart.

“William nothing is the matter…I just don’t want to play at the moment—“

“There! I knew it!” he said as he unlocked her hands from the couch.

“What?”

”Right there…” he pointed at her, “You called me ‘William’…”

”So? That’s your name…” she shrugged and got up off the couch and made a race to the kitchen. However, William was hot on her heals.

”Two seconds ago you called me ‘Spike’ and you were this close…”he separated his fingers, showing a little gap of space between them, “…to jumping my bones.”

“….so?” she moved toward the refrigerator and stuck her head inside. ‘Nope…no place to hide in here’ she thought and closed the door.

”So?”

Buff whipped around and finally faced him, “Ya…so what? That’s your name too!” she pointed her finger at him firmly.

“Love, you never use that name with me anymore…you did so a bunch of times today and when you were drunk…don’t think that I haven’t noticed, because I have.” He said softly.

“It was a slip, so what?”

”A Freudian slip…”

“William…” she sighed, “Please just—“

”Do not say ‘let this go’!!” he shouted, taking Buffy by surprise by the tone in his voice.

‘Okay, THIS guy seems like Spike now…’ she noted.

“You think of him as someone else, don’t you? When we were having sex earlier you thought about Spike.” William asked.

“What’s the big deal?”

”It shouldn’t be a big deal but I’ve noticed something when you call me that….”

”And what’s that?”

”That you go all Animal Buffy on me when you are thinking about me as him.”

Buffy growled and turned away from him to go over to the sink, “You’re acting like I’m cheating on you!”

”You are!”

”But it’s with you!”

‘I’m cheating on him with his self…if that is actually possible.’ Buffy told herself.

“Ya…well…why?” William was now so confused that he did not know what to argue with her about anymore.

“I don’t know!” she shouted and started to fill the dish tub with warm water and soap, “I’m at a loss here William…Spike…whoever you are!”

Buffy felt a tug on her shoulder, when she turned around she noticed that he was super close to her.

“I’m both of them…” he whispered, “Don’t you see me like that?”

”I…I don’t know…”

For William/Spike, that meant ‘no’.


TBC…