Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this is short but work with me. At least I updated. Oh quick note...the pic of james at the mic came from http://www.jaded-paradise.net/lights/ and is not mine.
Photobucket



Chapter 3:

Buffy was glad that William had left early on Saturday morning to chauffeur the kids to soccer practice and dance rehearsal, it gave her the opportunity to relax and clear her mind of the last few days and focus on moving forward.

Are my lips getting smaller?


She got as far as brushing her teeth when she lost focus of her ‘moving forward’ plan.

One by one she questioned ever little flaw she thought she had with her body, and then ten minutes later she came back to it again. Sometimes she went off on a tangent. Her lips being smaller equaled her teeth being bigger, and if her teeth were getting bigger it meant her nose may be getting smaller…and well, now you can see how her imagination was being very active this morning.

Inside the bathroom mirror, Buffy’s eyes traveled downward from her mouth towards her breasts. ‘Not as perky as when I was eighteen’. She did a little jump and watched them shake to and fro beneath her nightgown. ‘More like silly putty.’


******

“So I hear you’re selling your motorcycle.”

It had been the first time Xander had said anything to William since the beginning of practice.

“Who said?” William asked as he raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. He did a quick glance behind him to make sure Sarah was still in his sight and not being bad. When he saw his little girl using the bench of the bleachers as a balance beam he smiled. ‘My little tumble of terror’.

From the corner of Xander’s eye he made sure to pay attention to the children, making sure everything was alright. His whistle was twirled around his index finger, ready for any scolding that may be necessary.

“Anya. Buffy told her.”

“Oh…” William nodded and looked back out at the kids chasing after the ball to the opposite end of the field.

“So, what’s with that?” Xander asked before blowing his whistle and yelled out for the kids divide into pairs and practice their passing.

“What’s with what?” William placed his finger in his right ear, trying to make the ringing sound to stop from Xander’s quick whistle action. ‘Stupid whelp…think he’s got all the power using Anya’s whistle.’

“Is there a main reason you’re giving up your pride and joy or...?” Xander decided to leave the question hanging.

“I don’t use it anymore, needed the extra cash.” William shrugged as he watched Matthew practice his passing with some other kid.

“Daddy can we go?” William looked down when he felt the little girl tugging on his hand. Sarah was pouting and looking really bored. With a quick glance at his watch he thought the little girl was just on time for when she usually starts to complain about wanting to go home.

“Another couple minutes lamb.” William said, “Why don’t you practice more of your balance beam thing over there.” He motioned back to the bleachers.

“I don’t wanna.” She pouted harder this time and kneeled down at his feet. She started picking at pieces of grass and glare across the field at her brother.

“Someone is the grumpy girl today.” Xander laughed.

William rolled his eyes and let out a sigh, “You got no bloody idea.”

“Hear about Cordelia?” Xander changed the subject.

“Ya…not a big shocker if you ask me.”

“Ya, guess so. Seemed to have gotten Buffy thinking, huh?”

William did a little suspicious sideways glance before turning fully to Xander. “How’s that?”

“Oh you know…the whole bored Angelus thing…” Xander spoke freely, not even noticing the look of confusing passing on his friends face.

“Bored Angelus thing?”

What was the whelp talking about?’ William found it a little weird that Xander knew something about Buffy before he did.

“Ya…you now.”

“No I don’t.” William said honestly, he tugged Xander’s arm to make him look him in the eye. “What did she say?”

“You don’t know?”

“No…you tell me.”

From the tone in the Brit’s voice, Xander decided to be upfront—no more withholding information.

“Angelus left his family because he obviously wasn’t the family guy type; told Cordelia that he was bored with the whole scene of being a husband and dad.”

William paused and let the information sink in. ‘Okay…not that surprising’. Then when his mind drifted back to his wife, William quickly asked, “And why did that get Buffy thinking…?”

“I don’t know…that’s what Anya said.” Xander shrugged and then blew his whistle, yelling at the children to stop the drills and take a quick water break. When he turned back to a confused William he continued, “I’m sure it was nothing important…just girl talk.” With a comforting pat on the back, Xander walked away.

“Just girl talk…” William nodded, but he still wasn’t convinced.

******

Subject: Friday Night Special for Saturday afternoon
Date: Friday, 6 June 2008 23:30:14 -0400
From: moneygal090580@hotmail.com
To: Goldilocks041480@hotmail.com


Buffy peeked between her fingers covering her face; she still couldn’t believe it was still there. Anya’s promised email.

‘I’ve decided that you may need a few more sites if you’re not satisfied with the pirate theme...even though it's super hot :)’ Anya wrote.

As Buffy scrolled down the lengthy email, she noticed that Anya had way too much fun with this. There were at least 30 websites and all of them were ranked according to Anya like hotel resorts. Five stars…one star…four stars…three stars… five star…‘Oh Xander, do you know what you married?’

When she heard the sound of the front door opening and closing, and the sound of Sarah yelling at her brother about how much she despised soccer, Buffy instantly closed down out of her email.

“Buffy?”

“Coming…” Buffy hated the finger touch mouse pad on William’s laptop; she wondered why it didn’t take forever for her husband to get anything done. ‘Well duh Buffy, you’re uncoordinated with technology …just like you first were with driving…and cooking…and obviously now being kinky.’

By the time she had shut down and was getting out of the swivel chair, William was standing near the office door.

“Hey…” he said quietly, he ignored for the moment the sound of Sarah yelling his name.

“Hey…” she said with a smile.

“What are you doing?” he asked as he looked around inside the office.

“Nothing…” she lied.

“How was soccer and dance?” she changed the subject and walked a bit closer to him.

“Some old, same old.”

Buffy frowned and said, “Well I can do it next week if you want to switch up a bit.”

William raised an eyebrow, ‘Weird…’ “Nah…I got it.”

“If you don’t like it, I’ll do it.” She argued back.

"I said it's fine..."

"But I want to."

"....fine."

"Fine."

Buffy slipped by William in the doorframe and started yelling for Sarah and Matt.

When William was left alone he muttered to himself after a brief moment of silence, "Jut girl talk…ya right” he said sarcastically.

‘Something is up…’ was his last thought before he turned around on his heel and followed his wife.



TBC...