Photobucket



Chapter 6:


Buffy got this funny weird feeling at the pit of her stomach as she stood and stared down at that box. ‘Spike’s Things’. It seemed like it belonged to a distant relative, maybe even someone dead, not her own husband.

“Where’d you find this?” Buffy asked Anya as she kneeled down and ran her fingers over the name ‘Spike’ printed on the cardboard.

“Was in the corner…hidden.”

”Hidden?” Buffy frowned, ‘Hidden…from me?’

“Well it certainly was collecting some dust over there.” Anya too kneeled down in front of the box. She started to pick at the duck tape with her finger nail.

“Wait!” Buffy stopped Anya, “Maybe we shouldn’t.”

After all, it was William’s old things, his own personal prized positions from the past.

“Buffy it’s not snooping, you own half of what he owns, remember?” Anya’s fingers slowly went back to picking at the edges of the tape.

“But it wouldn’t feel right.” Buffy shook her head and put her hands on top of Anya’s to once again stop her.

“Oh come on, you’re not curious at all?”

Curious, Buffy was curious like a cat at the moment. It had been so long since William referred to himself as Spike that she forgot what type of items would be stashed away.

“I am.” Buffy admitted.

“The lets, shall we?”

RIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP

“Anya!”

With a quick tug at the tape, Anya unsealed the box.

“Why’d you do that?!” Buffy complained when she saw that part of the brown cardboard came off along with the tape. ‘Now this looks highly noticeable that I was snoopy.’

“I had to do it before you changed your mind.” Anya smiled in triumph, “Now shall we? We already got this far…”

Anya wasted no time lifting the flaps of the box open and looking inside, barging into William’s past. Buffy heard a noise coming in the direction of the stairway. She stood up and raced over to the bottom step to listen.

“Well, well, well…looky what I found?” Anya teased as she lifted the black leather out of the box.

Buffy turned around and watched as Anya playfully slipped on Spike’s leather duster and roll up the long sleeves.

“This thing just screams sex…” Anya muttered as she glanced down at black engulfing her tiny frame, “You got a mirror down here?”

Buffy was in a daze, she shook her head ‘no’ as she continued looked over the black leather with recollection.

“This thing should be outlawed for being too sexy…” Anya laughed, “Did you guys ever do it with his coat still on?”

Buffy’s eyes widened, “What?”

“I’ll take that as a no then? Man, Buffy, what did you guys do for fun back then?”

Buffy rolled her eyes, no way was she going to talk with Anya about her past sex life. She already learned her lesson when she got that email last month from her friend. However, she had to admit to herself that the message was still sitting inside her inbox of her email.

“Give me that!” Buffy said as she tugged Spike’s coat off Anya’s body.

In her hands she felt the softness that the leather had against her skin.

‘I forgot how good this feels…’ she thought to herself.

She sniffed the material little bit and caught a whiff of cigarettes and bourbon.

“You know what you should do?” Anya started, “You should totally give that back to him and have a little fun while the kids are gone…”

“Anya!” Buffy scolded her.

‘…hmmm…that sounds a little bit appealing…’ Buffy thought to herself as she looked down at the duster.

“It could be fun…just saying…” Anya shrugged and started to go back up the stairs.

Buffy didn’t dare venture further inside the box of Spike’s old things. It just didn’t feel right looking through his stuff without him. She folded up the leather duster neatly, but not before sniffing the smell of the coat once more, she sneaked off to the office to grab some tape, and pushed the box back into the corner. Buffy only hoped that her jam packed schedule for the next few days would help her forget her new temptation to go back into the basement.

*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy shifted in bed. She couldn’t get comfortable enough to fall asleep. She spared a glance over at the empty spot next to her, William wasn’t there; actually, she had no clue where he was. She remembered him falling asleep not too long ago in his long pants and t-shirt beside her.

‘I should go look for him…’ she thought to herself.

However, she didn’t move. It felt like she was supposed to be here…waiting for something…waiting for…

A dark figure stood at the doorway.

Buffy jolted up and met his eyes.

“How’s it going love?”

“Spike?”

Buffy eyed the bright bleached blonde hair and the all black wardrobe as he prowled closer to her.

Spike started to display his trademark smirk, something that always said ‘I know you want me’.

‘What’s going on?’ Buffy thought to herself when he was only a foot away from the bed.

“Does my little Goldilocks miss me?” he whispered.

Buffy, memorized by the way he was staring at her, nodded silently.

“Does she need something?” Spike asked as he started to push her back on the bed so he was hovered right over her.

“Yes…” she whispered after she took a gulp.

‘Oh god yes…’

“Tell Spike what you need…” he started to run his face down her chest, over the top of her breasts, and down near her stomach. His lips grazed the cotton fabric of her tank top pajamas.

“I need you…”

Buffy didn’t know where this sudden swarm of passion was coming from, but she didn’t care. She didn’t question the hair at all or care to ask him where he got the dark clothes from. It was like she knew he was going to wear them.

“How badly do you need me?” his face started to come back up her body so he could look her in the eye.

“Badly…” Buffy panted, she reached up and ran her fingers through his shiny bright hair, checking to see if it was real.

“Does he not satisfy you?”

Buffy froze.

‘He? He who?’

“Do you want him to be naughty with you?”

‘William…’

“He’s you…” Buffy stated.

“Ya…he is…” Spike muttered.

“So…what’s going on? Why are you here? Aren’t you William?” she started to babble on, “Is this a dream?”

‘Yes…’

*~*~*~*~

Buffy’s eyes shot open and they darted wildly around the bedroom in the dark, sort of disorientated.

‘Where’s Spike?’

She turned over on her side and found William peacefully sleeping beside her.



TBC…