CHAPTER FOURTEEN: The Morning After


Buffy woke the next morning, still in that hazy fog where you could either fall right back asleep or wake up. A limbo of sorts. Buffy loved that part of the morning because it was where you could make yourself most comfortable, stretch, and... feel another warm body snuggled up behind you...

She hadn't even opened her eyes yet when she stretched and a huge smile broke out onto her face as the events of the night before flashed through her mind.

"What are you so smiley about, luv?"

His voice startled Buffy a bit. He'd been so quiet she didn't even realize he was already awake. She smiled brighter and opened her eyes, rolling over to the sexiest sight she'd ever seen.

He was just laying there, propped up on one elbow looking down on her with a sparkle in his amazingly blue eyes. He was bare chested and the blanket hung deliciously low on his hips which were, by the way, pressed up against her own.

"Hi," she said with the most young and innocent tone of voice she could possibly manage.

Spike couldn't hide his happiness. The most genuine and satisfied smile made its way from him as he basked in the glory that was Buffy.

"Mornin' sweets," he said as he carefully and warily leaned down for a kiss. He felt a million times more confident when Buffy raised her head to meet his good morning kiss. It was sweet and was intended to be short at first, but as soon as the two of them were together again both of their desires called for one anothers and the kiss quickly turned heated and passionate.

Buffy wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and he rolled so that he was partially on top of her, one hand grazing the side of her breast as he felt down her body.

"Mmm... This is nice," she cooed as soon as their lips peeled apart. "I've never gotten to do this before. It feels so good," she said propping herself up on a pillow, holding the sheet modestly up to her chest.

Spike just smiled and shook his head at her. "You were so bloody amazing, pet. I could dance with you forever and never tire of it."

Buffy's face fell a little but she tried not to let it show.

Was that all we were doing? Dancing?

As if reading her mind Spike quickly added, "I really like you, Buffy. I've never fallen so quickly for anyone as I have you."

She perked up a little. "You've fallen for me?"

"Well. yeah. Thought I made that pretty clear last night..."

"So," she started fidgeting with her hands. "Last night... you weren't just... jumping at the opportunity?"

Spike moved back a little and Buffy could have sworn she saw a tinge of hurt in his eyes at what she'd said. "Buffy, I know I can be an asshole... but I wouldn't do that to you. I've seen too many people get hurt that way. Myself included."

Buffy was genuinely surprised. Never in her life had she met a man as considerate, amazing, and sexy as this man she was laying with right now. But, then again, maybe she had but she had never bothered to give them the time of day because of what her friends would have thought... It was then that Buffy realized what a complete and utter bitch she really was. She hadn't cared about the thoughts or feelings of anyone outside of her little "fab four" group. Yet, Spike, Willow, Xander, and even Oz and even Anya were so cool to her and treated her as if she had been their friend the entire time. And something told her they weren't doing it for the popularity.

"Spike," she said fidgeting with her hands again. "I know I'm not a completely horrible person, but I'm not a good person either." She looked up at him with sad eyes. "Why do you like me?"

Spike could not only see the sadness on her face, but he could feel it too. She wasn't a bad person at all. She just got wrapped up in the typical high school drama and cliques. His heart immediately went out to her that day he walked in on her argument she'd had on the phone with the great poof. She wasn't the bad one... she was the one trying to keep up with the bad ones because she believed they were her only friends. That wasn't her at all.

Finally he responded.

"I see the real you."

x X x X x

"...Every little thing that you say or do
I'm hung up, I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call baby night and day
I'm fed up, I'm tired of waitin' on you..."


Buffy bounced through her room singing and dancing as she cleaned things up and got rid of a few things she no longer needed... including some pictures of Riley.

All she wanted to think about was Spike, and the way he made her feel. It was crazy, but she really wanted everything in her life to change. She was determined to be nicer to everyone and she didn't want to be seen as the big bad bitch anymore.

She picked up one final picture of Riley and stared at it for a moment. How was she gonna tell him? How was she going to tell her boyfriend of two years that she fell in love with the punk rocker across the street over spring break?

He wouldn't walk off without some sort of argument and blow out that was for sure. Mostly she was afraid of Spike finding out that they're not actually broken up yet. Hell, maybe he'd get a kick out of it. But somehow Buffy doubted that.

A sound coming from behind her startled Buffy and she dropped the picture into the old shoebox with the others and turned to investigate. She looked toward her window but didn't see anything. Her mom wasn't home yet so she knew it couldn't have been her.

The sound came again and this time Buffy was sure it came from right outside her bedroom window. Composing herself for a moment she began to walk slowly toward the window. It was getting dark and it had been raining pretty hard all day, so it was kind of hard to see outside without getting too close to the window. Buffy mentally slapped herself for getting so nervous about whatever was making the noise.

It's probably some poor soggy squirrel or something...

Suddenly a dark figure appeared in the frame of the window and Buffy let out a short scream as she jumped backwards and covered her mouth with her hands. Then the platinum blonde hair came into view as it moved closer toward her.

Buffy slumped and let out a grunt of frustration.

"You know," came his incredibly sexy voice. "This is exactly why your mum shouldn't leave you alone at night."

Buffy made a face. "Well before you moved into town I never had creepy men circle my house and climb a tree to get into my room," she said with a pointed look.

Spike wasn't sure what to say back to her. He was only concerned for her. Being alone in a house at night was never safe for a young girl, no matter where they live. Criminals do travel.

"I just worry about you sometimes. Shouldn't be alone is all."

Buffy was smitten. He was so incredibly sexy when he looked at her with his head slightly tilted and that hint of a smirk on his face. And just the knowledge that he actually cared about her and her safety... well, it made her like him more and more...

She looked at him softly and reached a hand out to grab the lapel of his duster. "Well maybe I should have someone here to protect me," she said as she tugged him closer to her. "Especially on those nights when mom pulls her all-nighters and I'm here all by myself..." Her lips grazed his, sending a buzz through them both. "All... night... long..."

Spike let out a sound that was similar to a purr and a growl as his lips devoured hers and his eyes drifted shut. As his hands moved up slowly from her hips to graze the sides of her breasts she dropped the box she was holding and her arms linked around behind his neck.

The passion in them was only growing as they continued to kiss, floating backwards toward the bed. When he lowered her down on the bed and slipped his hand up under her shirt she began to giggle.

"We can't," she said slightly pushing him. "My mom's gonna be home any minute and she always comes strait upstairs to talk to me."
Spike groaned... and pouted. "We can be qui-"

"Buffy!" a voice came from downstairs, followed by the sound of the front door closing. "Are you home, sweetie?"

"Say no!" Spike whispered.

"Yeah mom!" she yelled, then she turned back toward Spike. "Say no? No, mom, I'm not home," she laughed and Spike made a face. "You doofus. She's gonna come up here anyway. Speaking of which... you should probably go before she comes up here."

Spike glared at her and quickly stuck a hand down her sweatpants.

Buffy's eyes immediately fell shut and her mouth dropped open as she elicited a small moan.

Spike could hear footsteps coming up the stairs. He quickly stopped his ministrations and kissed her on the forehead as he leapt up and darted for the window. "Bye, luv," he said with a wink.

Buffy sat up, face flushed and pouting as she watched him fly out the window just in time for her mother to walk in.

"Hi hunny. I brought home chinese..."

x X x X x

"So I noticed you've been hanging with a different crowd lately," Joyce said as she popped some lo mein in her mouth. "Why's that?"

"Um, I don't know. Wanted a change of scenery I guess."

Joyce tried to hide her smirk. "I know you've been seeing William a lot lately. Are you two..."

"We're not together... I don't think..." Buffy blushed and smiled a bit. "I broke up with Riley though."

Well, almost...

Her mother gave her a somewhat surprised look. "Well I hadn't realized it was going that far already..."

"Its not... far. Mom, it's just..." Buffy wasn't exactly sure what to say. "I just needed a change."

"Oh honey I think it's great! That Willow is a real sweeheart, a good person to be a friend. And William..."

Buffy blushed.

Joyce smiled at her daughters reaction to his name. "Well I think he's wonderful. He's been nothing but kind and polite since the day he and his uncle moved in."

"I know, mom."
"You know, maybe we should have him over for dinner some night."

"Sure. Just... not yet," Buffy said pushing around her food. "I want to be sure of things first."

"Alright. You'll let me know."

Buffy smiled and nodded, relieved that her mother liked her new friends and potential boyfriend. Now all that was left was actually going through with dumping Riley and telling Cordy and Angel.

"Look, I'm really tired. I didn't sleep well last night so I wanna get all curled up in bed and try to catch up on some shut eye," she said standing up. "Thanks for dinner, mom," she said giving her mother a short hug. "Goodnight."

"Alright. Goodnight sweetie," Joyce said looking at her daughter suspiciously but still with a smile on her face.

Buffy walked slowly and sleepily up the stairs but as soon as she entered her room she shut the door and began to hurry around and change her clothes.

Out of her closet she grabbed a short black rain coat and quickly slipped it on, flipping the hood up over her head.

x X x X x

Spike was sitting in his room in the dark watching television trying to get his mind off of the gorgeous girl across the street. Any time he thought of her it was only torture for himself.

When he heard a noise outside his window he thought nothing of it, but when he heard it a second time even louder he shut his television off and listened closely. A figure appeared in his window and he jumped slightly until he realized who it was.

Pulling my own tricks on me, eh...

"Buffy," he said quietly to himself as he moved to open the window and help her inside. "Christ, Buffy you scared the bleedin' hell outta-"

Buffy immediately cut him off by jumping into his arms and devouring his lips.

She was soaked, the jacket apparently not doing a very good job at covering her up. "Mmm, Buf-" he could barely get a word out when she would lunge herself at him again. "Luv, you're soaked," he said pushing her off of him.

Buffy pouted. "But I want smoochies. Don't you want smoochies?"

He growled as he pulled her tight against his chest. "Of course I do, luv. I just simply need to get you out of these soaking wet..." he said as he untied the rain jacket and pushed it backwards off her shoulders.

She had a sultry smile on her face.

"You're not wearing..." he looked up at her with stunned eyes.

"Are you done talking?" she said with a smirk as she stepped forward and began unbuttoning his already tight jeans.

"Minx."

"Are you disappointed?" she asked as she nipped his neck.

He growled again as he lifted her up and dropped her down on his desk, pulling her forward by the backs of her knees until her pelvis was aligned perfectly with his.

She pulled him out of his pants and used her heels to pull his jeans the rest of the way down to his ankles, then linked her own behind him.

"That wasn't very nice of you earlier. Get me all hot and bothered right before I have to go and sit with my mother," she said flipping her hair out of her eyes. "You should be punished," she said squinting her eyes slightly.

Spike smirked and jerked himself forward, driving into her with a force that made her cry out in both pain and pleasure. "I don't think so, luv," he said panting. "I do the punishing," he said with another thrust.

"Spike..." she breathed as she grabbed onto his shoulders for balance.

Another thrust.

Her head fell back and she put her hands down on the desk slightly behind her so she could lean back with her back arched. Her mouth fell open, but no noise came out.

Spikes eyes were screwed shut as he continued to pump in and out of her dripping wet core. His entire body tingled.

It was as if they needed this so badly that neither one of them could manage anything else at the moment except for each other. The only thing that could be heard was the sounds of the rainfall outside along with some thunder, and the slapping of their bodies.

Spike squeezed his eyes shut even tighter as he could feel his orgasm approaching fast.

"Buffy..."

She let out a muffled sound of response but was unable to form any real words.

"Love... Buffy, pet... love you," he rambled as he got closer and closer.

Buffy heard the words and knew that he probably didn't realize what he was saying, but, hearing those words spoken with her name was new, and it made her heart jump.

Her eyes snapped open and looked at his face, part of her hoping he would look at her and say it again, but she knew it was too much to expect. It was too soon.

Her body was convulsing uncontrollably with pleasure. She couldn't take her eyes off of this man who kept uttering her name under his breath with each and every push.

When he opened his eyes and looked into hers she felt something there. Some mutual longing to belong another. Spike felt it too. He closed his eyes again and rested his head on her shoulder as his thrusts quickened.

Buffy brought her hand up and put in on the back of his head in a comforting gesture. Then that feeling flooded through her, her breath hitched, and the stars burst in front of her eyes.

He followed mere seconds later and from that point on the only thing that could be heard was the falling rain.

He looked at her.

She looked at him.

The feeling was mutual.

I'm in love with you...

TBC