CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Party's Over


Friday morning couldn't have come any slower for Buffy and Spike. Spike had never spent the night over at Buffy's house and to he it felt like something special, to be welcomed in the bed of a woman... He knew he was a bit of a sentimental, but at least he was man enough to admit it.

Mrs. Summers wouldn't be leaving until closer to seven so he didn't want to go over too soon and have her suspect. Still, it was only about two and he didn't want to wait that long to see Buffy, so he was absolutely thrilled when she came up behind him and wrapped her arms around him as he was washing his car.

"Mmm," she purred into the crook of his neck. "You know what a turn-on it is to watch you wash your car shirtless?"

Spike arched a brow and turned his head to look down at her. "Why don't you show me, pet?"

Buffy giggled and let go of him so he could turn and face her, swooping in with a kiss as he did so.

"I missed you," she said looking up at him with big green eyes.

"Missed you too, pet," he said setting down the hose he had been holding. "You want to go grab a bite to eat or something? I'm feeling a bit peckish."

"I was just gonna say the same thing!" she said with pure pep. "Do you wanna walk so your car can dry or would you rather drive?"

"No we can drive. Hop on in my sweets," he said grabbing his T-shirt from the porch and pulling it over his head.

As soon as Spike slid into the drivers seat and shut the door Buffy leaned over and grabbed his face, showering him with little kisses all at once.

Spike chuckled. "Missed me that much, eh?"

"Always."

Spike was simply amazed.

Tell her. Tell her you love her...

"Buffy, I..."

Wait, what if you scare her off? She might not be ready to hear that from you. Don't tell her. Not yet... It's too soon, you git.

"What?" she said looking at him, waiting for whatever it was he had to say.

He blinked. "Where do you want to go for lunch?" he finally spat out.

Buffy found herself slightly disappointed. By the tone of his voice she was sure he was about to say something a little more personal. "Doesn't matter," she said pulling her sunglasses off the top of her head and sliding them on. "Whatever you're hungry for."

"Alright." Spike felt like a git. He sounded like a git.

He was a git.

He saw the disappointment on her face. She had been expecting a little more than 'what do you want to eat.' He wanted to tell her, he did, but he was afraid of what she would think of him after. Would she feel the same? Or would she shut herself off from him?

Spike sighed in defeat of himself and backed the car out of the driveway.

x X x X x

"What's wrong?" Buffy asked. "You seem upset about something..."

"Hm? Oh, no. Just thinking about some stuff is all," he said looking at her. "Got some stuff I need to suss out."

Buffy didn't really like the tone of his voice. "Oh," was all she said and she looked down to hide the worry in her eyes, but Spike had already seen it.

"No, Buffy," he sighed. "It's not like that. Promise."

She looked up at him again. "You're not getting sick of me already, are you? 'Cause I can stop doing whatever it is you don't like..."

He chuckled. "Don't you change a damn thing about you."

Buffy smiled a bit, glad he liked her for her, but something was bothering him, she knew it. All she wanted to do was make it better for him. "You know I would do anything for you," she said out of no where. "Anything you ever need, or want..." she said studying his face. "I'm yours."

Spikes heart fluttered. Maybe she felt the same way about him. Maybe he should tell her...

"Buffy, I-"

"You don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know that," she said reaching across the table and holding his hand. "And I want to prove it to you... tonight."

Tonight... I'll tell her tonight...

x X x X x

Buffy reached over from her spot in the passenger’s seat and started playing with the dials on the radio.

"Oi, what do you think you're doing?"

"Finding a good song," she replied matter-of-factly as various songs sounded with the turning of the dials.

Spike swatted at her hands a couple of times but she just giggled and waited for him to stop, and as soon as he would she would start again.

"You don't mess with a blokes presets," he said with a huff.

Buffy pulled something out of her purse and quickly hid it next to her leg so he wouldn't see. She shifted in her seat so her back was to the window and she was facing him.

He looked over at her and arched a brow before turning his eyes back on the road.

Suddenly she pulled the object from behind her leg and quickly started snapping pictures of him.

"What are you doing now?" he chuckled as he looked at her again, sexy smile on his features.

She smiled from behind the camera. "I don't have any pictures of you, I need some pictures to remember all the stuff we do together," she finished as she snapped a few more pictures.

Spike purposely put on his trademark smirk for most of the pictures. Every once in a while he would glance over at her, finally showing off those crystalline eyes of his. Those were Buffy's favorites.

They had pulled up to a red light and Spike quickly grabbed her and pulled her into his lap. Buffy giggled and held the camera out in front of them and snapped a couple of quick pictures.

Spikes head was in the crook of her neck, and she rested her head on top of his as they took pictures. As the light turned green again Buffy slid back into her own seat.

"I want a copy of those," Spike said to her. "I want pictures of you too."

"Well lets get them developed right now!" she said with excitement.

Spike chuckled. "Alright."

"It's a digital so I can print them right away," she said looking through the memory card with a smile on her face. "Aw, I love this one of us," she giggled again.

Spike looked over at her and smiled. She amazed him. He couldn't understand how she did it... made him feel so utterly complete. And happy. Truly happy for the first time since his parents died. He loved her, there was no doubt in his mind. He thought he had loved Drusilla, but what he was feeling for Buffy, his golden goddess, Drusilla didn't even come close to compare. And on top of everything, this girl proved to be one of the most unselfish people he had ever met. Knowing this girl truely made him believe the phrase, 'don't judge a book by its cover.'

I'm telling her tonight...

I'm telling her I love her tonight.


x X x X x

Moans and sounds of sheets rustling was all that could be heard from outside the room.

Buffy's moans and gasps of pleasure elicited purrs of satisfaction from Spike.

She was on her back, and he positioned between her legs. A white sheet was draped over them, resting just above Spikes buttocks.

"Buffy..."

"Mmm, ungh... guhh...."

"God, Buffy... I love you so much. I love you..."

She looked up at him with a smile. "Love you more..." she breathed as he eyes squeezed shut and her head fell back.

His heart leapt into his throat, he couldn't believe she'd said it. He couldn't tear his eyes off her.

She screamed as her orgasm hit and she wrapped her arms tighter around him, bringing his head down closer to her. She brought his ear down next to her mouth. "I love you... My William. I love you..."

His eyes welled up. He wanted to weep with joy. He never would have thought she could feel the same way.

He pulsed within her as his orgasm hit hard and his weight fell upon her. She stroked his head and cradled him in her arms, kissing the side of his face and forehead.

"I love you, Spike. I love you. Don't leave me, baby. I love you..."


x X x X x

Spike awoke on the couch in his living room as the alarm on his cell phone sounded. He blinked a few times and groggily sat up and rubbed his face with both hands, silencing the phone seconds later.

"Why does that always happen when you're having a good dream..." he said out loud to himself.

He looked over at the clock on the wall. It was quarter to six. Buffy and her mom were probably just eating dinner, and then she would leave for work and Buffy would be expecting him.

He pinched his t-shirt and pulled it up to his nose. He should take a shower before going over there. He still smelled like car soap and wax.

He stretched as he stood and immediately a flood of energy coursed through him. Tonight was, hopefully, going to be a big night. He headed up to his room and turned the shower on, stripping his clothes in the process. As he took off his chains and rings he had a thought.

Grabbing his towel and wrapping it around his waist he went into his uncles room and looked around. When he spotted the box he was looking for he went over to it and opened it up. What he was looking for was right there on top. He took it out and studied it. It looked the same as the day she took it off. It belonged to his mother, and now he wanted to give it to Buffy. A small silver ring and an emerald cut in the shape of a heart mounted in the center. It was simple, nothing more than decorative jewelry his mother used to wear, but from the moment he met Buffy the green of her eyes always reminded him of it.

Spike squeezed the ring slightly in the palm of his hand, closed the box it had been in, and left the room on his way back to the shower.

x X x X x

Buffy had never eaten dinner faster in her entire life. When her mom looked at her funny she simply used the excuse that she was just so hungry she couldn't wait to eat. She couldn't wait for her mom to leave for work that night. She wanted to shower and straighten up her room, and get everything perfect for when Spike would arrive.

In the shower she made sure to shave every inch of her body, knowing Spike would just run his hands over her with a smile of satisfaction. The thought of it alone made her shiver.

When she got out she made a point to leave her hair down as well, he loved to play with her hair. His Goldilocks he liked to call her. She loved the pet names he'd given her. Goldilocks, luv, pet, sweets, kitten... the last one was her favorite. If he never called her by her real name for the rest of her life she wouldn't mind being called kitten. It made her feel sexy. She wanted to be sexy for him, wanted all of his friends to be jealous of him if they weren’t already.

She wanted him to be happy.

She loved him, and she was going to tell him that tonight.

From her closet she grabbed a white satin skirt, comfortable and easy access she knew would drive him nuts. Following that was a silky black tank top lined in lace, and a light white sweater that matched the skirt. The whole outfit was comfortable but it was something Spike could rip off of her in seconds if that was what he wanted to do. Tonight was going to be all about him.

Just as she was finishing up her makeup she heard the front door open and close, and the sound of a jacket being removed. She smiled and giggled as she finished applying some flavored lip gloss. She screwed the top back on and tossed it down on her vanity as her bedroom door creaked open.

"Perfect timing! I was just..." she trailed off when she turned around and what she saw was the last thing she expected to see.

"Riley..."

x X x X x

Spike was nervous. He'd never been so nervous about seeing a girl before he met Buffy. She did that to him, though. As he slipped on his shirt and buckled his belt a wide giddy smile broke out across his face. When he told her how he felt, he didn't care whether or not she said it back... he was just so excited for her to know. And he had confidence that she wasn't going to be exactly mad about it.

He took a deep breath and began to slick his hair back, spreading a thin layer of gel in it as he did so. He glanced down at his dresser and saw the picture of he and Buffy that they had taken earlier that day. He smiled again, picked up the ring that was sitting next to it and slipped it into his pocket.

x X x X x

"Wha... I mean... Y-You're home early..." she stuttered, completely shocked to see him standing here.

It was plain on his face that he was not happy. He nodded his head and started to walk slowly around the room, surveying things. He was obviously irritated. "Got a call about some stuff while I was away," he said simply, not looking at her.

Buffy was nervous. He looked like he was a bomb ready to explode. It was just a matter of time before the timer went off.

"Riley, I-"

"Did you fuck him?" he asked abruptly, looking her strait in the eye.

She blinked and took a deep breath, glaring at him. "Riley, I meant to have a talk with you about some stuff..."

He shook his head and continued pacing across her bedroom getting closer to her, pushing her slowly toward the windows and away from the door.

"Riley," she said, clearly afraid of him. "We're not good together anymore." She was shaking. She hadn't exactly practiced this speech yet.

"Yeah? Bull shit!" he yelled suddenly, turning and looking her strait in the eyes again. Veins were sticking out of his neck and his face was beat red. His eyes were full of rage.

Buffy took another step back.

"You are MINE, Buffy. I don't care whether I was gone or not, you shouldn't have gone out with him."

Buffy's blood began to boil. "Okay, first of all, Riley, I am not a possession of yours that you pick up and throw around whenever you want. Secondly, I told you we were taking a break from each other which meant I was going to go and be with and hang out with anyone I wanted. You can't control me like this, Riley!" she screamed, tears were beginning to form behind her eyes.

He clenched his jaw and stormed toward her, grabbing her by her upper arms and shaking her, causing her to squeak in shock.

"You want to run around like some slut? Is that what you want Buffy? Huh? I don't think so! YOU. ARE. MINE! And you're going to listen to me!" he shook her with every other word.

x X x X x

Spike walked up the front steps of Buffy's front porch and let himself inside the front door. The first thing he noticed was a guys varsity jacket draped over the railing. He walked over to it and checked the name on the front.

Then he heard the yelling.

x X x X x

"Riley stop!" Buffy screamed as she struggled to get lose as he knocked her down and pinned her to the floor. "You're hurting me!"

"You didn't have the decency to at least call me up and let me know? You had to make me look like an idiot didn't you, Buffy? A friend had to call me and fucking tell me!"

"What? I-"

"I didn't believe him at first, but then when he showed me this!" he yelled, grabbing his cell phone and flipping it open, revealing a picture of her and Spike kissing... at the drive in.

Suddenly it hit Buffy. He would go after Spike too.

Oh god, Spike...

Buffy had tears streaming down her face at this point. "He is non of your business," she said through clenched teeth.

"Oh really?" he shook her. "Another guy moving in on MY girlfriend feels an awful lot like my business..." he let go of the phone and raised his hand to hit her.

She squeezed her eyes shut.

He's gone crazy... I can't believe I dated this asshole and all along this was bottled up inside of him... he's capable of this? He should be locked up!

Suddenly Riley let go of Buffy's arms as he was jerked backwards and tossed over the bed toward the door.

Buffy's eyes shot open.

"You know, mate, if you're so against cheating on your partner, maybe you shouldn't be doing it too," he said stepping toward him.

"Spike," Buffy choked out but he didn't look at her.

Riley stood up and faced him. "Shut the fuck up. You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about!" he shouted.

"Don't I?" he said making a face to look like he was thinking hard on something. "So that wasn't you I saw that night at the Bronze practically fucking the busty bint in the washroom hall? While Buffy sat alone at a table waiting for you to come back..."

Riley lunged at him, seething. "You shut u-"

Spike wound up and punched him hard across the face, knocking him back into the hall as he staggered toward the steps.

Buffy sat there, tears staining her cheeks staring at the floor.

He cheated on me...?

"You're no where near good enough for her, you freak," Riley spat at him. "Buffy needs a real man..." he started backing down the stairs with Spike mere centimeters in front of him, glaring at him.

Spike chuckled. "A real man... Is that what all those steroids made you? She couldn't wait for you to go on vacation so she could finally be rid of you..."

Riley fumed and punched Spike strait across the jaw. His head spun a bit until he could catch his balance again, then he punched Riley in the gut and kneed him in the face as he doubled over and reached out for him again.

"RILEY!" Buffy screamed as she came flying down the stairs. "Get out of here!"

He shook his head angrily, wiping blood away from his nose. "But Buffy..."

"I said get out! I don't ever want to look at you again! Just leave or I'll call the cops and have you arrested!"

"Buf-"

Spike opened the front door, tired of looking at the ponce and punched him so hard it split his knuckles open. Riley went flying out onto the porch, falling right on his ass as Buffy threw his jacket in his face.

"Don't ever come around me or Spike ever again, Riley, or I'll have your ass locked up," she seethed.

Riley just sat there, looking bruised and dumbfounded as Buffy slammed the door on him, locking him out of her home, and her life.

Buffy was out of breath, and her face was soaked with tears. "What you said earlier," her voice broke the silence. "About him cheating... was that true?" she asked, her eyes pleading with him.

Spike nodded but wouldn't look at her. He was too angry to.

A lump welled up in her throat again and she nodded to herself. "And you knew about it?" she asked in nothing more than a whisper.

Normally Spike would have felt terrible about her reaction, but he was so angry with her right now that he couldn't really seem to care. It only made it hurt more.

"How long have you known about it?" she asked.

He shrugged. "A month, maybe more."

She shook her head and turned away from him, forcing back more tears. She refused to cry over him now.

"I've got an idea," Spike said suddenly. "How about we talk about this," he said gesturing back and forth between the two of them. "You lied to me..."

Buffy looked away from him and tried to keep her composure. "I... I-"

"You what? You're sorry? Buffy... do you have any idea how much hearing all that up there hurt me?"

She shook her head again.

"What? Did you want to test the bloody waters for a bit? Take ol' Spike for a test drive and run back to captain cardboard over there when he got back and you decided he was better?!" he ended with a yell.

Buffy flinched.

"No," she breathed with a sob. "I couldn't wait to be rid of him! I wanted to be with you!"

"Bollocks! If you wanted it that bad you would have done something other than lie to me! You could have told me the truth! We could have been more careful! You were too afraid to do anything about it!" Spike was running out of breath, the fight taking a lot out of him. He couldn't believe this was how his perfect night was playing out. This wasn't what was supposed to happen.

He looked at her. She was finally letting the tears stream down her face as she looked at him. He had a hard time believing those tears were for him.

He shook his head and walked around her to open the door. "You did what was easiest for you. You broke my heart tonight, Buffy," he mumbled.

Buffy's eyes widened as he opened the door to leave. "Spike, no! Wait! Please!"

"No, I need to be away from you right now."

"Spike!" she choked between sobs. "Please don't go, I love you!"

Spike stopped in the doorway. He felt as if he'd been punched in the gut.

Why did she have to say that now? Like this?

His back was to her as he sighed.

Buffy was hopeful, she wouldn't be able to stand it if he left.

Spike closed his eyes and clenched his jaw.

She doesn't mean it... she's just trying to get you to stay...

Buffy, standing at the bottom of her stairs, watched as he shook his head and stepped forward on to the porch, closing the door behind him.

All she could do was drop to her knees and bury her face in her hands.

TBC