Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, here it is... as promised! Please review, let me know what you think! =D
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: Lowell House


Buffy was surprised when she and Parker pulled into the parking structure for U.C. Sunnydale.

“I didn’t realize this was a college party…” she said looking over at Parker.

He immediately looked over at her and turned on his charm smile. “I didn’t mention that? I thought I did…”

Buffy turned her head and looked out the window toward the frat house as they parked. “No, you didn’t…”

“I’m sorry,” he said undoing his seatbelt and turning his body toward her. “Did you want me to take you home?”

Buffy stared at the frat house, watching as people came and went freely; smiles on their faces, then turned and looked at Parkers face. He looked nervous, so she did her best to smile. “No, no, actually I’m glad to be around some unfamiliar faces for once.”

Parker smiled, relieved, and pulled the keys out of the ignition. “Great. Let’s get inside then,” he said opening his car door.”

Buffy took a deep breath and opened her own door.

She never noticed, as she had her back to him, that Parker slipped a small bag of little red pills into his pocket before meeting her at the other side of the car.


x X x X x X x


“So what’s the deal,” Spike asked. “Did she actually go to that party with the wanker?”

Willow grimaced a little. “He picked her up at eight.”

Spike sighed and leaned back into his chair, rubbing a hand over his face. “How the fuck did this happen? We had a fight! We were supposed to make up…”

Willow looked sympathetically at her friend, unsure of what to say.

“If I could just figure out what evidence she thinks she has I’m sure I could explain it.”

Willow thought hard for a second and lit up when suddenly she remembered something. “She told me she had picture proof. Do you think she took a picture of you guys?”

As Willow said the words realization spread across Spikes face and he leaned forward onto his knees. “When did she say that?”

“Yesterday, I think. Why?” Willow asked, looking intrigued. “Do you know what she’s talking about?”

Spike looked a little embarrassed. “I think I have an idea, and if Dru had anything to do with it then I know what Buffy saw…”

“So what are you gonna do?”

“We need to get a hold of the pictures so I can try and show that they’re old.”

Willow arched a brow. “And how are we going to get them?”

Spike stood up and looked out the window toward Buffy’s house. “We need to go over there and get them…”


x X x X x X x


The music was loud and the party was growing. People all around were laughing and dancing and having a great time.

Except Buffy.

Stuck in her own little world, Buffy had yet to get up and dance with Parker or even talk to him really. She thought it would feel good to come to the party on a friends-only basis but so far it just felt like a bad date and that was causing her thoughts to wander back to Spike.

It was really a buzz kill.

“Here you go,” Parker said handing Buffy a drink, bringing her out of her daze.

“Oh, uh,” Buffy looked down into the cup and back at Parker. “Thanks.”

Parker took a long gulp of his own drink and furrowed his brow. “Is something wrong?”

Buffy knew he’d caught her off in daydream land once again and she quickly plastered on a fake smile. She looked up at him. “Nope. Everything’s great,” she said taking a tiny sip of her drink. She fought hard against the grimace that was threatening to form. “What is this?”

“Rum and coke. Don’t you like it?” he asked, surprised.

Is there even any coke in it? Buffy wondered.

“I like it,” she lied, taking another tiny sip and once again hiding the disgust. “See?”

Parker smiled and turned his attention back to the party. Buffy sighed and looked down into her drink.


x X x X x X x


Spike picked the lock on Buffy’s back door and carefully pushed it open, waiting to be sure no alarms would go off. When nothing happened he stepped inside.

Willow fidgeted as she followed him inside and quickly closed the door. “It’s so wrong on so many levels. W-what if they have cameras? What if we leave fingerprints? What if-“

“Wil,” Spike said turning toward her with a brow arched. “We’re not in the sodding Pentagon. It’s the Summers’ house. Calm down, will you?”

“What if Mrs. Summers comes home?” she asked as they rounded the corner and made their way up the stairs.

Spike pushed open Buffy’s bedroom door and surveyed the room. “She won’t be home.”

Willow slowly made her way over to Buffy’s bedside table. “How do you know?”

Spike stopped what he was doing and looked over at Willow. “I just know, okay? Just find the picture please…”

Willow sensed she was starting to get on his nerves so she shut up and started looking harder, still feeling extremely guilty about going through Buffy’s things without permission. Guilt turned into embarrassment when she opened the bottom drawer and saw a certain vibrating mechanism Buffy had hidden. Willow quickly closed that drawer and moved on to the next one before Spike saw.

Over at Buffy’s desk Spike spent a few minutes sifting through the nail polish and makeup that littered the top, hoping to find something underneath the mess. When he didn’t, he opened a drawer and lifted a notebook, revealing a picture Buffy must have stuffed in there, of her and Spike. It pulled at his heartstrings.

Moments later he heard Willow speak up. “Uh, Spike?” Willow said, blushing. “I think I may have found what we’re looking for…”


x X x X x X x


It had taken Buffy a good forty-five minutes to finish her first drink and about forty-five seconds for Parker to bring her a new one.

Her face was hot and her throat burned from all the alcohol in the first one, and now she felt angry at the pressure to have another one so soon.

“I brought you a different kind this time,” Parker said, smiling. “Try it, see if you like it.”

“I’m sure it’s fine,” Buffy said, setting it on the table in front of her.

“I need to loosen you up,” Parker said, laughing.

Buffy whipped her head around to look at his and locked eyes, silently questioning his previous statement.

Parker sensed he had touched a nerve. He quickly covered. “You know, so we can go out there and dance, have fun…”

Buffy eyed him up and down. “Right…”

Parker could see he had really stepped in it, and afraid he may have pissed her off, decided to back off a little. “I’m sorry if my eagerness is putting you off. I just thought we would be cool friends and have a good time. And I was looking forward to having the prettiest girl at the party on my arm. But, I can see you’re unhappy,” Parker turned on the puppy dog eyes. “Do you want me to take you home?”

After listening to Parkers botched apology Buffy felt bad, and calmed down. “No, no I don’t want to leave yet. I just… I need to take it slow with the alcohol, okay?”

Buffy could have sworn she saw a flash of annoyance come across his face for a split second, but then he flashed that charm smile again.

“Of course,” he said picking the drink up. He held it in front of her. “Just do me a favor. I want you to take a sip, just to try it and see if you like it. It’s a cosmopolitan.”

Buffy took the cup and looked down into it, noting that indeed it was a different color.

Afraid she was staring at the floating objects in the drink, Parker quickly explained. “I even put real cranberries and a slice of lime in there to make it fruitier.”

Buffy took a small sip and noted immediately that it was much better than the rum-with-a-smidgen-of-coke he’d given her earlier. “This is much better, thank you.”

Parker smiled and stood. “You wanna dance with me?”


x X x X x X x


“Dru, you bitch,” Spike muttered to himself as he flipped through the pile of pictures Willow had found.

“Um, is there a way for you to prove they’re not new?” Wil asked, still blushing. Never in her life did she think she would see Spike in such an intimate situation. She already couldn’t get the image out of her mind. Her blush darkened.

“Yeah,” Spike said, turning a picture toward the red head. “See my lower back in this picture?”

Willows face turned tomato red and she squeaked as she turned away, shielding her eyes. “Oh my goodness!”

Spike ignored her reaction and turned the picture so he could look at it again. “Month’s after these were taken I got a tattoo on my lower back. That’s how I can prove it.”

“There you guys are,” Xander said coming into the room, startling the others. “What are you doing in here?”

“Exonerating Spike,” Willow said. “How did you know where to find us?”

“Not important right now. Look, I did some snooping…”

“What kind of snooping?” Willow asked. Spike turned his attention to Xander.

“I started talking to some of Parker Abrams past flings, and I asked some questions and, shockingly enough, got some answers.”

“What did you find out?” Spike crossed his arms.

“For a long time Parker was a hound, taking different girls on dates every night, making plans with girls before he had even gone out with others… that sort of thing.”

“So Parker isn’t serious about going out with Buffy?” Willow asked, hopeful.

Xander put a hand up. “Let me finish. Every girl I talked to said Parkers only objective was to get them in bed…”

“But, they went as just-friends…”

Xander ignored her and kept talking. “Three girls that went out with him in the last few months don’t remember a thing from the night they went out with him and suspect they were drugged.”

Willow was speechless.

Spikes jaw clenched as he saw red. “Where is the party?”

“Majority of the girls were taken to U.C. Sunnydale,” Xander shrugged. “But I don’t know exactly where on campus-”

Spike stormed out of the room yelling behind him. “Get in the car, now!”


x X x X x X x


Buffy came out of the bathroom dizzy and hot, wiping the remainder of a sip of tap water off her mouth. Her empty cup was in hand and in a quick decision she decided to head to the make-shift bar and ask for another. “With the fruity thingies, please.”

Her eyes were glossy as she made her way over to the sofa where Parker was waiting.

“Feel better?” he asked, knowing she’d gotten dizzy while dancing.

Buffy half smiled and sat down next to him, taking a long gulp of her Cosmo.

Parker grinned as he watched her drink three quarters of her drink down in a matter of minutes, knowing that any minute now he would be able to do whatever he wanted without a fight.

“I’m getting *hiccup* really tired,” Buffy said leaning closer to Parker. “Is there anywhere I can rest for a few minutes?”

Parkers smile widened as he put his arm around Buffy, who was now slumping against him a bit. “Yeah, I know a spot. Come on,” he said as he stood, bringing Buffy with him.

As they ascended the stairs Parker gave a thumbs up to his friend who looked up at him nervously, hoping to god Parker wouldn't hurt her or take it too far.


x X x X x X x


Spike reached backwards to hand his cell phone to Willow as he sped down the only highway in Sunnydale. “Call her cell, see if she’ll pick up,” he said.

“I wish I would have thought to ask around sooner,” Xander said. “I could have prevented all this.”

Spike glanced over at him before turning his eyes back to the road. “Hey, don’t worry about it. You figured it out, that’s huge. We might even make it there before anything happens.”

Xander shook his head and looked out the window. “I hope so.”

“She’s not answering,” Willow interrupted. “Even when I call from restricted…”

“Fuck…” Spike muttered.

Willow slumped back against the back seat and chewed on her thumb nail. She already had the sickening feeling that they were too late.


x X x X x X x


Buffy lay flat on her back, eyes opening and closing slowly as if everything was in slow motion. Parker scooted onto the bed next to her, cooing and shushing her, telling her to rest her eyes and take a nap.

Buffy closed her eyes and felt as Parkers hand began to caress her breast through her shirt, squeezing almost painfully hard at some points. She felt as he slipped that same hand up under her shirt and come in contact with her flesh. It made her skin crawl wherever he touched.

She felt as Parker moved on top of her, pressing his erection into her thigh. He used one hand to tilt her head toward him, and before she knew it he was shoving his slimy tongue into her mouth. She managed a whimper but that only seemed to egg him on. He became more forceful as he started grinding his pelvis against hers.

She reached a hand up ever so slightly to rest on his hip as he pulled his own shirt off of himself.

He was straddling her knees now, rubbing his hands up and down her thighs, feeling up the tight fitting black material she was wearing, trying to decide the best way to get them off.

Buffy slipped two fingers into his pants pocket and he smirked, leaning forward to untie her shirt when she grabbed a hold of something in his pocket, opened her eyes, and kneed him as hard as she could between the legs.

“Oh!” he yelled out as he grabbed his now throbbing dick and fell off of Buffy and into the fetal position.

Things were no longer slow motion as she jumped up from the bed to stand next to him. “You son of a bitch!” Buffy screamed at him as she held up the small baggie of pills she snatched from his pocket.

“What the fuck!” he yelled, looking up at her.

“You think you can just drug girls and have sex with them anyway you want?” she screamed, tears threatening to spill. “It’s RAPE!”

Parkers expression suddenly turned from pain to rage and he sprung off the bed and came at Buffy.

In a quick move she outstretched her arm and thrust her palm upward as hard as she could against his nose, listening to the cracking noise as it broke. He yelled out in pain and she once again kneed him as hard as she could in the groin, successfully dropping him to the floor.

Quickly she grabbed her jacket and her purse and pulled out her phone, putting it to her ear and opening the door to the room they were currently occupying, leaving Parker to roll on the floor holding his bruised penis.

“I need a taxi at U.C. Sunnydale, please. Lowell House Fraternity,” she said and snapped her phone shut as she walked briskly down the stairs and back into the party.

Not a single person she walked by seemed to notice what had just gone on upstairs, and that really bothered her.

The cool night air felt good against her hot skin as she walked out the front door. Her whole body was shaking, and looking over to her left she saw a bench that was calling her name. She sat down and let out a shaky breath, counting down the seconds until her taxi arrived.

Sighing in relief when it arrived, Buffy quickly slipped into the back seat and shut the door. “Sunnydale Police Station, please.”


x X x X x X x


Spike swerved around a taxi as it pulled out of the Lowell House circle and quickly took it’s spot out front. “Come on,” he said opening the door. “Everybody split up, look for any sign of Buffy or Abrams.”

No other words were exchanged; each of them went their separate ways and began looking for Buffy and Parker. When no one could find either of them Spike stormed up the stairs and began putting his ear to every door.

The sounds of Abrams’ voice caught Spikes attention and he immediately shoved open the door to the room the voice had come from.

Sitting on the edge of the bed was Parker, his shirt was back on and his nose was gushing blood. His friend held a pack of ice to the back of his neck. When they looked up and saw Spike they froze.

“Where is she?” Spike gritted out between his teeth.

Parker put his hands up in front of himself. “I didn’t do anything, man.”

Spike lurched forward and Parkers friend backed away. Spike grabbed Parker by the shirt and whirled him around, smashing his back up against the wall.

“Where… Is… She…” he tried again.

Parker was shaking like a leaf and when he once again didn’t answer him, Spike lifted him up off the floor, really startling him with his rage.

Just looking at him made Spike want to kill him, and with no warning at all he let go with one hand and delivered an uppercut to Parkers stomach, eliciting a strangled ‘oomph’ from the battered man.

“She took off!” he finally managed. “She kicked my ass and took off. I don’t know where she went, I swear!”

“Ahem… Spike?” Willow interrupted.

Spike looked up to find Willow and Xander standing in the door way with a police officer.

Spike released Parker with a push and pointing a finger in his face, centimeters away from his eye balls. “You ever come near her again and I will kill you,” he said, then backed off.

Parker looked at the officer and pointed toward Spike. “Are you going to let him threaten me like that?” he asked, gasping for air.

The officer smirked and pulled out his cuffs. “Yep. Parker Abrams, you are under arrest for the attempted rape of Miss Buffy Summers…”

Willow and Xander smiled at each other, then over at Spike, silently communicating that Buffy was the one to send the officer, and that she was safe at the Police Station.

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can’t afford one, one will be appointed to you.”

Spike smirked as he watched the officer haul Parker out of the room, and followed as they made their way down the stairs. The party stopped to watch as Parker was placed in the back of the police cruiser, and then continued after the officer was out of sight.

Parker’s friend watched as the cruiser pulled away. Xander came up beside him and put a hand on his shoulder, startling him.

“I know you’re Parkers little lackey,” Xander said, talking quietly so no one else would hear. “But if you know what’s good for you, you’ll do the right thing and testify against him if this goes to court. I’ve got a lot of witnesses that put you close by every time something like this happens…”

The boy stood there speechless as Xander slapped him, rather violently, on the back twice before walking away.

“Come on,” Willow said rounding up both guys. “Let’s go wait for her at home.”

The three friends piled back into Spikes car and rode the entire way back into town in silence.


TBC


Chapter End Notes:
I had to give Buffy a little bit of her dignity back after the last couple of chapters. Let me know what you think!!