Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of BtVS or AtS, nor do I make money off of anything I write. I do this for fun and everything belongs to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. No copyright infringement intended.
CHAPTER THREE: Skin


"So what did you say to him?" Cordy asked as they carried their lunch trays over to their table.

"All I said was 'whatever' and hung up on him. Haven't talked to him since."

"He's probably afraid to come talk to you, he thinks you're just gonna keep yelling at him."

"I never yelled at him, Cordy. I hung up on him just so that I wouldn't yell at him. He's just being an ass," she said as they took their seats at the table where Angel was already waiting for them.

"So then what did you do Friday night? Since Riley never showed..." Cordy said as she stuffed some salad into her mouth.

Buffy threw a quick glance over toward where Spike was sitting with a few of his new friends. She turned back, grateful that neither Angel nor Cordelia noticed her glance. "Oh you know... lazy day. It was too hot to do anything else."

"Hey guys," Riley said as he sat down between Buffy and Cordelia. "What’s up?"

Buffy took a sip of her juice and sort of glared at him. "You haven’t called," she said keeping her attention on her plate.

"Didn't exactly feel like you wanted me to," he said staring at her. "Buffy I said I was sorry. What else do you want me to say?"

Buffy stopped fiddling with her food when he put his arm around her. She sighed and let her body fall against him a little.

Spike looked over from his table just in time to watch as Buffy’s boy toy put his arm around her in a sort of possessive manner. He didn't like it. He watched as Buffy finally smiled and picked up conversation with her friends at the table.

"Spike... Spike! Is something wrong?" the red headed girl meekly asked.

"Hm? Oh uh, 'm fine, red."

"You just seem kind of out of it. Did Cordy and her friends do something to you?"

"What? No. I know the Summers girl a little, s'all," he said as he went back to eating his french fries.

"You know her?!?" the brunette boy sitting at the table with them practically choked on his fish sticks. "You've been here less than a week and you've already spoken to Buffy Summers?"

"How do you know her?" Willow asked as she looked at Spike with a puzzled look on her face.

"I moved in across the street from her," was all he said, knowing that if Buffy had ever found out he was spreading word that they hung out, she'd kill him.

"Oh," Willow said as she looked over at the popular kids table. Cordelia looked up and noticed her staring so she gave a facial expression that read 'Keep staring, I dare you,' so Willow quickly looked away.

Back over at the popular table Cordelia snorted and looked at Buffy. "The losers over there apparently find us interesting today."

Buffy quickly looked back over to where Spike was sitting and noticed him glance at her real quick. He made it subtle, but he winked at her during a stretch. She spared a small smile and waved at him under the table. Not one of her friends noticed, they just kept on talking about whatever it was they were talking about.

Back at Spikes table Xander was going nuts. He saw her smile and wave at Spike. He almost couldn't believe his eyes. Buffy Summers, the hottest most popular girl in school was waving to a member of the so called 'losers table.'

He swallowed hard and looked at Spike. "Can I come live with you?"


x X x X x X x


After school Buffy was laying on her bed talking to Cordelia on the phone. They were carrying on a good conversation about how orange just simply could not be the new pink when she was interrupted by the loud blaring of a lawnmower. She could barely make out what Cordy was saying anymore.

"Buffy what is that?" Cordy asked.

"Someone’s mowing their lawn outside," she said as she got up to close her window.

When she reached the window she bent over and peered out and saw that is was the handsome blonde across the street who was making all the noise. Buffy was completely entranced. He was out there in the heat, with no shirt on and Buffy could see the sweat glistening off of him. His arms were flexed as he pushed the mower back and forth. His shorts hung low on his hips and when he turned his back to her, revealed he had a nice tribal tattoo on his lower back just above his butt. Buffy found herself unconsciously licking her lips.

"Buffy?..." Cordelia said for the fifth time as she waited for a response.

"Cordy I'm gonna have to call you back," she said as she hit a button on the phone and let it drop to the floor without even waiting for a response.

Buffy kneeled down and crossed her arms on the windowsill. Setting her head on her arms she sat back and watched as he made his way around to the side of the house.

He shut the mower off and wiped his brow with the back of his arm. Buffy’s eyes traveled down his body, admiring every muscle that rippled under his skin.

What was it about this guy of all guys? Riley had nice muscle tone and all but he was too big. Buffy needed to stand on her tippy toes just to give him a quick kiss. He seemed almost... fake. Spike, however, was all too real. Something was pulling her to him. She had no idea what it was, but she was determined to find out.


x X x X x X x


Buffy was laying in bed wide awake. Even through the rest of her phone conversation with Cordelia and one with Riley she kept seeing Spike. When they were in the pool together and when he was mowing the lawn earlier today. He was driving her insane.

She couldn't sleep, and her insomnia was really bothering her. She tossed and turned searching for a comfortable position, but couldn't find one.

With a sigh and a grunt of frustration she sat up and turned her light on, squinting from the sudden brightness. She threw the covers off of herself and reached for her silk robe, got up and walked over to the window and looked down on Spikes house across the street.

His bedroom light was still on.

I'm going over there...

Buffy ran over to her bedside and flipped off her light then made her way back over to the window. Opening it slowly and carefully so she didn't wake her mother, she slid her tiny tan frame through the window to the roof of her front porch.

She stepped over on to the big branch that reached out toward her and made her way down the tree and into the cool grass.

Sneaking across the street toward the front door she decided not to ring the doorbell. Buffy felt like being sexy tonight and she felt like doing something wild and unexpected. Instead of going through the front door, which probably wouldn't have pleased Mr. Giles very much anyway, she made her way around the side of the house and began to climb the lattice on the side of the house.

It creaked slightly under her weight but not nearly enough to break. Slowly she made her way to the top and as she got there her heartbeat started to really speed up. She grabbed onto the gutter and stepped onto the small ledge that was in front of her.

"God help me..." she whispered to herself as she slowly crept on the high ledge back toward the front of the house and over to where the windows were. It was closed and when she looked in she could not see Spike.

Shit.

She held on to the gutter with one hand and she carefully brought her other hand down to try and pry the window open from outside. It wasn't working.

Double shit. Where is he?

When she stopped and listened carefully she could hear the shower running in the next room over.

Of course I choose the ten minutes he's in the shower to crawl through his bedroom window.

She waited there for a few minutes, peering in at all of his things as she waited for him to come out of the bathroom. When she finally heard the shower stop she could feel a rush and excitement wash through her again.

The bathroom door opened and she shifted a little, waiting for him to come through so she could get his attention. The moment she saw him she began to tap on the glass.

Holy crap he has a nice body. Mmm, abs.

When he looked up and saw her practically dangling on the ledge outside the window he rushed over and unlocked the pane and lifted the window.

"What on earth are you doing, Summers?" he asked as he grabbed her arm and helped her through the window.

"I uh, I couldn't..." she started to trail off as she straitened herself out, realizing fully at that moment how completely naked he was under that heavy towel that hung so loosely on his hips. "Um, I - I couldn't sleep." She could feel her face burning as she undoubtedly turned a bright shade of pink.

"Well what made you want to climb through my bloody window?" he asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"I don't know," she said shifting slightly. "Felt like a cool idea at the time," she said with a smirk. "And what are you doing showering this late? Shouldn't you be going to bed?"

"I'm always up late. I like the dark."

"Well... that’s stupid."

He crossed his muscular arms and raised one eyebrow. "So you just decided to come over here and scold me on my sleeping habits, then?"

"No, but it was a bonus."

He smirked a little then walked over to his dresser to grab some shorts.

When Buffy noticed he was holding a pair of shorts she unconsciously pouted a bit, remembering part of their conversations from before. "Didn't you tell me you sleep naked?"

"I do," he said with a smirk. "But I'm not about to just drop the towel and spread 'em wide with you standing right there," and with that he got her to turn even more red. "What about you, you sleep in all that? That's bloody annoying."

"No, I just put the robe on when I came over here."

"Well what’s underneath it?" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

"In your dreams, Billy boy," she said as she hopped over to his bed and sat down, pulling the covers over her cold toes.

Spike walked back into his bathroom and closed the door slightly, but Buffy could still see the reflection of his top half in the mirror.

Yummy...

She watched the floor as the towel landed there with a thud and she listened as the silky black basketball shorts were pulled on.

When he came back out Buffy had untied and spread her robe to reveal her tiny cheerleading shorts and almost see-through white tank top.

"Only in my dreams, eh?" he said with another smirk. "I like my dreams."

Buffy smiled a bit, taking that as a compliment but she couldn't really think of anything witty to say back. She was way too distracted by the sexy... no, extremely sexy male blonde walking around in front of her, wearing nothing but some thin, black silk basketball shorts.

Riley never looks that sexy. Riley couldn't look that sexy.

"So... what are you doin' 'ere, Summers?" he asked as he sat down in his desk chair and spun around to face her.

"I told you, I couldn't sleep."

"Yeh. But why don't you just turn on the telly or write in your girly little journal or call one one of your girly mates. You came here. Why?"

Why the hell do I keep coming here? It's not like I like him or anything. I have Riley for that. Plus, he's all punk and dark with the accent and musk and amazing blue eyes and...

"I don't know," she said looking away. "I guess I just liked coming here yesterday. I wanted to do it again."

"Really..." he said with a smile forming at his lips. He was thrilled that she liked coming here. He certainly didn't mind it one bit. "So what do you want to do?" he asked standing up and going over to sit next to her.

"I don't know. What's fun to do at your house?"

"Um, nothing really. Watch the telly, go on the net, have hot raunchy sex you know... the usual."

Buffy just laughed and smacked his arm. His oh so creamy while muscular arm.

Trying to find ways not to drool over him she got up and went over to his computer. When the monitor turned on she could see the background wallpaper was of him and another girl.

"Is that Dru?" she asked, turning to look at him. He was laying back on one elbow looking up at her and even though he wasn't trying, he was making Buffy blush with naughty thoughts.

"Yeh," he said with sadness in his voice and on his face. Not wanting to go on any further with it, Buffy decided to just download some music instead. When she clicked on the link that looked right a new video window popped up.

Spike's eyes went wide and he jumped up from the bed and lunged toward the computer.

"What's this?" Buffy asked as she clicked play.

"It's nothing..." he said as she reached for the mouse but it was too late. The video already started. "Oh, bullocks."

"Oh. My. God. You watch porn?!?" Buffy shrieked as she burst out laughing. Spike tried to wrestle her away from the computer but she wouldn't have it. She couldn't stop giggling.

They kept wrestling and Buffy could feel his skin pressed against her back as she was lifted out of the chair. Spike tried desperately to hold Buffy back with one hand while he tried to close the video with the other. Buffy jumped at him and together they toppled to the floor.

Buffy's back was on the floor. Spike was laying flat on top of her. They stared at each other as they both panted for air. They were staring into each others eyes breathing heavily when all of a sudden Buffy burst into laughter again.

"What?" Spike asked with a pout.

"You watch porn. You didn't strike me as the type of guy who would watch porn, but you know, now I see it."

"Sod off!" he said as he lifted himself up off her and went back to the bed.

Buffy propped herself up on her elbows and crossed her legs, never taking her eyes off of him. "Its not... a bad thing, really. I guess with your girlfriend in a completely different continent you gotta get your rocks off somehow..."

Spike sighed and looked up at her. "She's not my girlfriend anymore."

Buffy’s smile faded and she sat all the way up and faced him completely. "I'm sorry. I didn't know," she said looking a little embarrassed.

"S'okay. It just happened a few hours ago."

Buffy shrugged. "I'm still sorry. Can um... can I ask what happened?" she asked carefully.

"Guess I'm just no good to keep around unless I'm actually around, in the flesh."

Buffy paused for a second. "Are you upset about it?"

"Well yeah I'm bloody upset about it, what do you think?"

"Well you didn't mention it before..."

"I was distracted."

"By what?"

"You! Climbing through my window, which I still don't quite understand. You're too good to look at me in the halls at school but you can climb through my window at all hours of the night whenever you feel like it?"

Buffy stood up and stormed toward the window. "If you didn't want me here you should have told me. I'll leave you alone."

"No! Cuh, Buffy. I don't want you to leave. I'm just - I, ugh. I'm confused. This is the second time in two weeks you've come over in the middle night and I just don't get why."

"I don't know. I guess I like you," she said walking over and sitting in front of him on the bed. "Its just, in school, things are different. If Riley ever caught me talking to you or even just smiling and waving at you in the hall, he'd go after you. And I'm so sick of Cordelia complaining about certain people and the last thing I want is to give her another reason to bitch and now that I say that out loud I sound really conceited, don't I?"

"Well, yeah." Buffy blushed and looked down at her hands. "But I guess I don't mind it."

"Riley, Angel, and their friends really would come after you. They're always looking for a reason to fight and I don't want their next target to be you."

"I don't care. It'll be worth it," he said with a charming smile.

"Why do you do that?" Buffy asked, trying to hold back a smile of her own.

"Do what?"

"Make me swoon even after I've basically told you I can't talk to you in public in fear of my reputation..."

Spike perked up a bit. "I make you swoon?"

"You know what I mean!" she said with a playful smack to the arm.

"I'll take what I can get. Don't exactly have a lot of friends here."

Buffy shifted and faced him completely. "I'll be your secret best friend," she said with a little bounce.

"Is that right..."

"Yeah why not? We've only known each other for a few weeks and already I'm climbing through your window when I'm bored. You can come over my house and I'll come over yours and we can be secret best friends. Talk and do homework together..."

She looked so adorably cute bouncing around and getting excited about being his friend. There was no way he was going to argue with her. "Alright. We're secret best friends."

Buffy smiled and yawned and looked over at the clock. 1:45 "I think I'm gonna hit the sack," she said standing up.

Spike was disappointed that she was leaving already. He didn't want her to leave.

She made her way over to the window and stuck one leg out. Turning her head to look up at Spike who was now standing by her side. "Hey," she whispered. "Keep your window unlocked from now on," and with a smile she was gone out the window, down the side of the house, and across the street.

Spike watched her climb back into her room before he slipped his shorts off and climbed into bed. Turning the light off and hugging his pillow he breathed in her scent. She left it all over his bed. Laying there breathing her in made his mind wander.

"Make sure you keep your window unlocked..." her words rang through his head. She'd be back. Sometime, another night, she'd be back.

Dru just dumped you, you git! Why are you thinkin' about someone else already?

There was just something about her that was so much more appealing than Dru. Buffy was much more alive. Her smile, her green eyes, her tan little body...

Fuck.

Laying there thinking about her, being able to smell her, imagining the feeling of her hot skin against his was making him painfully hard much easier than the porn ever did. Without even realizing what he was doing, his hand wrapped around his cock and he started to pump. Slow at first then faster and faster until his eyes snapped open and he realized what he was doing.

"Bloody hell..."

Shower... shower. Cold shower...

Spike shot up in his bed and made his way back to the bathroom. A cold shower was definitely what he needed right now.

TBC