CHAPTER FIVE: Secrets


Spike sat in class, staring idly out the window, thinking about what he should do. He still couldn't decide. Three days later and he still hadn't come up with a way to tell her. He was so afraid to break her heart, even if that meant not ever getting a chance with her.

Wait, since when do I want a chance to be with Buffy? We're just friends, she's just my neighbor. She's completely drop dead gorgeous and she's the only person I ever seem to want to be around but we're definitely just friends...

Spike rolled his eyes and put his face down on the desk.

Bloody hell...

The bell rang and he pulled himself out of the desk and walked off toward the parking lot. When he pushed through the double doors that looked out over said parking lot he saw the blonde figure of his thoughts leaned up against his car, seemingly waiting for him.

He wasn't going to lie, he was happy to see her. "What're you doin' 'ere, Summers? Aren't you afraid someone might see you speaking to a lower being?" he asked as he pulled his keys put of his pocket and unlocked the car.

"Ha. Ha," Buffy said sarcastically, followed by a smirk when he smiled at her. "Riley's not here today. After the Bronze on friday night he went camping with his step brothers. He hasn't come home yet and I was wondering if I could get a ride home..."

Spike smiled sort of sadly at her. She seemed so innocent. She believed the poof. Spike knew the truth, he was off with that whore of a girl and Buffy had no idea...

"Get in," he said as he opened the door for her.

Buffy was taken back. She never had anyone be so kind in a simple gesture of opening the car door for her.

I don't think Riley has ever opened a door for me...

"Thank you," she said with her trademark half-smile as she held her books to her chest and slid into the passenger’s seat. She had butterflies in her stomach. Maybe she should have taken advantage of Riley being gone all weekend. She should have gone over to Spikes and spent some time with him.

Buffy watched him as Spike sat down in the driver’s seat. She couldn't deny it to herself anymore. She was completely attracted to him. She had been less and less attracted to Riley since the day she met Spike. She had been so ashamed of it at first but something kept pulling her to him. She could feel he liked her too. The problem was, she did still have feelings for Riley. But just the thought of someone new and exciting...

"Do you wanna hang out?" she asked out of nowhere.

"What?" Spike asked with a chuckle.

"Do you wanna hang out?... with me?" she asked again. "We could either go to my house, or we could stay at yours. Whatever you want."

Spike looked back and forth between her and the road. She was waiting for an answer. He told himself he should say no thanks and make up an excuse. She had a boyfriend, granted, that boyfriend was off snogging some other chit at this very moment...

Maybe I can get her to dump the poof and that way I'd never have to break it to her that she's being cheated on... and then maybe I could have a chance...

"Yeah, okay. We'll go to your place," Spike said.

Buffy studied his face. He looked like he was deep in thought, being torn from one emotion to another. "Okay," she said with a furrowed brow.

The rest of the car ride was virtually silent. Spike was pondering what he should do. He obviously liked the girl but he was willing to bet that she wouldn't ever give him a chance. Not with the status she was upholding now.

When Spike pulled in to his driveway Buffy looked back up at him again. "Ready?" she asked.

"Sure," he said as he got out of the car and together they walked across the street into Buffy's house.

"My mom's not home," Buffy said as she put her things down. "So um, I guess we can do whatever you want to do..."

Spike smirked and arched a brow at her. "What makes you think I would want to do something that your mum wouldn't approve of?"

"I wasn't implying that... I-I was just saying..." Buffy was blushing wildly. Spike thought it was adorable. He just chuckled and started walking up the stairs. "Where are you going?" she asked as she started following him.

"I'm gonna look at your room," he said bluntly.

"Ugh! That's nosey..." she said as she followed Spike as he peeked his head into each room trying to find hers. When he found it he had no problem walking right in and looking at her stuff.

"What are you doing?"

"Lookin' at your stuff," he said simply.

"What? Why?"

"You look at my stuff..."

"I do not. Stop it!" she said smacking his hand.

"Make me," he said wiggling his eyebrows.

Buffy pursed her lips and grabbed hold of his wrists. She pushed him violently backwards until his feet hit something and he fell back on the bed.

Now this could be interesting...

Spike was caught completely off guard. He hadn't expected her to actually become aggressive, but judging by the smirk on her face he was guessing she wasn't actually mad.

When she pushed him back on the bed she climbed up and straddled him.

Spike was dumbfounded.

Oh don't do this to me...

"Bloody tease," he said as he tried to lift his head.

Buffy's smirk grew and an eyebrow went up. "Who said I was just gonna tease you?"

Spike was totally turned on but couldn't even think. This was way too unexpected. "What are you doing to me, Summers?" he asked in a deep, husky, lust-filled voice.

"I-I don't..." Buffy was surprised at herself. She didn't know what possessed her to do what she'd done or what brought it on her actions but she was really really enjoying it. Suddenly she just had the urge to...

Buffy was leaning down, coming closer and closer to him. He was getting so hard he thought his jeans might burst and his mouth was watering. He wanted to taste her, wanted to devour her whole.

Their faces were centimeters apart when they heard the front door slam shut.

"Buffy?..."

Buffy started to panic. "Oh my... uh... go, get under the bed," she said as she jumped off of him and grabbed his hand. "Quick!"

Spike groaned when Buffy dismounted herself and rolled off the side of the bed.

"Buffy?" The male voice was getting closer.

"Uh... I'm here!" Buffy yelled as Spike slid under her bed. From the shadows he watched as Buffy straitened herself out and stood by the bed. Riley appeared in the doorway and looked around curiously.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing. What are you doing here? I thought you were still camping..."

Spike grit his teeth.

Camping my arse...

"Just got back," the large man said. "Figured I'd come see my beautiful girl."

Spike was fuming. Stuck hiding underneath the girls bed while her lying son-of-a-bitch boyfriend was trying to make her swoon.

Buffy shifted a little and suddenly when Spike looked up he could see right up her skirt from where he was lying.

"S-So are you like, staying or did you just drop by to say hi?"

Spike kept shifting so that maybe he could get an even better look. He must have been making some kind of noise in the process because Buffy tipped her foot back and kicked him in the shoulder. He refrained from making any more noise.

"Well, I was gonna stay for a little bit, if that's alright..."

"Um, sure, I mean... I guess if you want..."

Riley looked at her suspiciously. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back and then you're gonna tell me what's going on..."

As Riley walked into the bathroom and closed the door Buffy fell to her knees and pulled Spike out from under the bed.

"What were you doing?" she whispered. "You were making a lot of noise. Do you want to get pummeled?"

"I could take him..." he sneered as he looked toward the door Riley was behind.

"Shhh! Go go go, out the window," she said as they heard a flush. "Hurry! Go go go!"

Buffy practically pushed him out the window. Spike was smirking the entire time. This whole situation was all too funny. To him this was all fucking hilarious. As he climbed down the tree and across the yard Riley reappeared in the doorway.

"So, who's glad to see me?"


x X x X x X x


Buffy's heart was pounding. Something was different about this night, she knew it. Because of what almost happened between her and Spike earlier that day... Because of the surprising sadness she felt when they had to stop because Riley showed up.

What kind of girlfriend am I for being disappointed when my boyfriend tries to surprise me? One that doesn't care I guess...

She felt like a pro as she climbed the lattice on the side of Spikes house. She moved swiftly and without worry, like she had been doing it all her life. When she reached the window she was pleased to find it open and seemingly waiting for her. As she slipped through she felt a tingly feeling course though her and it only got stronger when she saw the target of her conquest, sitting there at the computer.

He was wearing black sweat pants and nothing else. His hair was all messy and not slicked back like usual, and a pair of sleek glasses made him look that much more sexy. Buffy wouldn't mind having a tutor that looked like that. She wanted to jump his bones right then and there.

"Hi," Buffy said, startling him a little.

He jumped slightly as he turned in her direction. "Buffy..." was all he could say. His eyes noticeable glazed over with lust as he looked her up and down. She was barely covered in a blood red silky halter top with a black mini skirt. Her hair was clipped up and she wore dark eye makeup and lipstick. Her tiny slip-on heels made her already toned legs look amazing. Spike wanted to grab her by the ass, lift her and put her up against the wall and devour her.

He finally took a chance to blink and clear his throat. "You're all dressed up."

"I want to go to the Bronze," she said taking a few steps toward him. "And you're coming with me."

Spike didn't even think about what his plans for the night had been or about school tomorrow. He didn't think about his uncle catching him or Buffy's mom catching her. He grabbed his clothes and quickly threw them on, splashing a tiny bit of cologne on himself in the process.

They were both in such a lust-filled trance that they never even said a word as they walked downstairs and right out the front door. Neither one of them cared if anyone heard the car start and barrel down the street. Buffy looked down at his hand that had been resting on the console between them. Carefully she slipped her fingers between his and watched his face as he looked at her and tightened his hand.

They still didn't speak a single word as they parked the car and waltzed in like they owned the place. Yet they never took their eyes off each other. The music was slow and sexy, only fuelling their unspoken lust for one another.

Spike finally worked up enough to put his sneer/smirk on his lips as he whirled Buffy around so that her back was against him. She trembled as his hands moved up and down her sides and hips as they moved together to the music. They were surrounded by people but felt as if they were the only ones in the world.

Buffy had never been more excited to be the submissive one. The way he suddenly took charge and touched her anyway he wanted to touch her, it made her want so much more.

If he can do this much to me while only dancing I wonder what he can do in other ways...

Her hips swayed seductively to the music, effectively rubbing her ass all across his groin. She was a tease, she knew it, Spike knew it, but he loved it none the less.

He couldn't believe she was letting him do this to her. He saw the way she and the poof had danced, and he was going to prove how much better he was. He brought one hand up and placed it on her chest between her breasts. She arched backward and rested her head on his shoulder with her head turned so that her lips were almost touching his neck. Spike slid his hand down her abdomen to her leg, slightly brushing his fingertips up under her skirt.

Together they danced in silence yet at the same time they were saying so much to one another... neither one of them wanted to stop. As the music continued they drifted off into a world completely their own.

x X x X x

The car ride home was silent and awkward. Both of them just looked strait forward onto the road. What was happening between them? Buffy couldn't even comprehend it. All she knew was how badly she wanted him, but Riley still had her heart. How was it possible that she could want one person so badly, but love a completely different person?

When Spike pulled up to the curb in front of her house Buffy unbuckled herself but didn't move to get out of the car. Spike turned off the engine and just took a deep breath.

"Do you know what time it is?" Buffy meekly asked.

"Um," Spike flipped open his cell phone and looked at the time. "It's nearly four thirty," he said as he looked down at her. He was so confused. She'd been just about to kiss him earlier in the day, she showed up at his house acting like a minx and looking like sex itself, and now she wouldn't even look at him. "Buffy..."

She finally looked up at him. He could see she was as confused as he was.

"Did I do something to upset you?" he asked carefully.

Her eyes got wide. "No, no. I'm just..." she sighed. "I'm a little ashamed of myself. I-I acted like..."

She's ashamed of going out with me...

"I thought you were amazing," he said cutting her off.

Buffy looked down and tried to hide her smile as she blushed. "I've never just, had the urge to do something so much in my life. I wanted... something different." She looked up at him again, eyes blazing. Spike was a bit taken back. "I want..."

Buffy cut herself off as she climbed over the center console onto Spikes lap.

Oh my god, what the fuck am I doing?...

She held his face as she dove down into a kiss with such passion and need. Spike didn't know what to do. His hands hovered for a second before they went down to her hips and he held her so tightly. He really really didn't want her to go away.

Buffy mewled and Spike groaned as they gripped at each other. Eventually they had to break apart from one another. When they did Buffy rested her forehead against his.

"God. What you do to me, Summers," Spike said as he ground his erection into her.

Buffy closed her eyes at the sensation that went through her as she pushed herself down on him. The friction they were creating was driving both of them insane. It was almost unbearable.

Spike was raspy and heated. As he looked up at her she was staring back down at him. He took a deep breath and pulled his head back.

"So what are we gonna do about this?"

TBC