CHAPTER SIX: Icecream & Kisses


Buffy lay in her bed, staring out the window. She had decided not to go to school after her little midnight get-away with Spike. Part of her had hoped she had dreamt the whole thing, but that burning feeling in the pit of her stomach was telling her otherwise.

I kissed Spike. I kissed him. He didn't kiss me, I kissed him. I went over there, practically seduced him, then kissed him. And I'm the one with a boyfriend! Ugh. I guess technically, I, Buffy Anne Summers cheated on my boyfriend... with Spike. Riley and I have been together for almost two years now... so why don't I feel bad?

Sure, she felt a little guilty, but mostly she felt that fluttery excitement in her stomach that one gets when one has a new crush.

I have a crush on Spike...

A small awkward smile made its way to Buffy's lips as she rolled over with a stretch and greeted the sun beaming through her window.



Meanwhile, Spike was getting up to draw his curtains closed. The sunlight was keeping him awake and it was already bad enough he hadn't slept a wink all bloody night.

She just wouldn't let him sleep.

Spike thought he had wanted her before, but now, after he'd had a taste, he really wanted all of her. Her scent, the way her skin felt under his hands, the way her voice sounded when she said his name...

Damn right he bloody wanted her.

Spike sighed as he laid back down in his bed and tried to fall asleep. He knew it would be impossible though, because as soon as he closed his eyes, all he could see was her.


x X x X x X x


Buffy kept her eyes closed as she wrung the hot water out of her hair and bent over to turn the shower off. She had been thinking about him all day and at this point she was so tired of thinking about him that she was ready to do anything in order to keep him from clouding her thoughts anymore. All it was doing was making her want him that much more.

She inhaled a deep breath as she brought the shower curtain back and stepped out onto the cold tile floor. She grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself, wiping the steam off the bathroom mirror as she did so.

As she looked at herself in the mirror she felt different. Of course, she had always been light, pretty, perky, preppy Buffy. Miss teen Sunnydale. But as she looked at herself in the mirror she didn't want to be all that. She wanted to be dark, a dark goddess like Dru was to him at one point. She wanted him to want her as much as she wanted him. She wanted to be the kind of sexy dark that her Spike was.

Her Spike.

No, not her Spike, but the Spike she was undoubtedly attracted to.

Buffy headed back into her room and rummaged through her drawers to find something to wear, though she wondered to herself why she even bothered seeing as it was already going on six in the evening.

Just as she slipped into her underwear the phone began to ring. Buffy inwardly groaned. Her mother had called and called all day checking up on her and it was really starting to get irritating.

As she neared the phone she prepared herself with her groggy fake-sick voice and carefully picked up the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Buffy..."

She was surprised that it wasn't her mother on the other end of the line.

"Riley," she said with a slight sound of relief in her voice. She hadn't spoken to him yet today, maybe all she needed to get her mind off of Spike was her boyfriend. "Hi."

"You weren't in school today... You seemed alright yesterday when I saw you. What's wrong?"

"Oh, uh..." Flashes of last nights events were playing out in Buffy's memory. "I-um... I just woke up groggy. Didn't feel good."

"Why didn't you call me and tell me? I came to pick you up this morning and your mom had to send me away."

"I'm sorry. I didn't think. I slept most of the day, Riley. I was pretty out of it."

"I see," he said with obvious frustration.

"You know, I could use some company over here. Mom's been gone all day and it's a little lonely over here," she said with her cutest come-over-here-and-you'll-get-good-surprises voice. She honestly figured the best way to get this Spike thing out of her system would be to have her good wholesome boyfriend over to remind her why she was with him.

"I don't think so, Buffy."

"What?" she said completely surprised.

"I don't want to be around you if you're sick," he said matter of factly.

Buffy was shocked. "But I'm..."

"Look, I'm sorry Buffy. Maybe tomorrow but you know I can't afford to get sick. Baseball season starts up soon."

Buffy just stood there in silence. Baseball was more important than her. "But I would feel so much better if I could see you..."

"Buffy," he sighed. "I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Fine," she said shaking her head.

"Actually," he started again. Buffy's heart leapt. Was he going to come over? "Call me in the morning and let me know if you're still sick. I don't want to make the trip out to your house if I don't have to."

Buffy's mouth literally dropped open in disbelief.

"Riley!" she started but was cut off again before she could finish.

"Call me tomorrow. Bye babe," and before she could even protest he hung up.

As she heard the click on the other end of the line her face twisted in disgust and she slammed the phone down into the base. She shook her head and willed herself not to get teary-eyed. She took another deep breath and whispered quietly to herself.

"You're only making this easier for me..."


x X x X x X x


"She kissed you?!?!?!" the brunette boy exclaimed.

"This doesn't get out to anybody, you hear? She'd kill me, won't be too happy when she finds out that you two know as it is," Spike said as she pointed a finger at both the red head and Xander sitting before him.

"W-well of course," Willow stuttered. "No one would believe us anyway."

"And you're pretty much the only person we talk to," Xander added.

Spike put his finger down and relaxed a little. "True..."

When Willow and Xander had showed up to Spike's house with the homework he missed they could sense something was going on. It didn't take long before he spilled the beans about everything that had been going on.

He needed to tell someone. It was too confusing and surprising to keep all to himself.

"S-so what are you gonna do?" Willow asked.

"I don't know," Spike said falling back on his bed, covering his face with his hands.

"Well you like her right?" Xander asked. "Keep schmoozing her. Maybe you'll get her to break down the walls between loser-dome and popular castle."

Spike shot up and looked him strait in the eye. "Oi! I'm not a loser."

Xander immediately put his hands up in defense. "Whoa, calm down sparky. I'm just saying, this is the first time anyone, let alone Buffy Summers, has ever even associated with someone outside of their precious popular circle. And the way you tell it, she's been doing more than just chatting."

Spike thought to himself for a minute. It was pretty big news. And there wasn't anything telling him to turn and run from any of it. I mean, sure it was only one night of dancing and one little kiss, but that was more than anyone else had gotten, aside from her boyfriend. And he bloody well wasn't going to brush all of it off as a glitch. "I want her," he said quietly. "More than anyone I've ever met."

Willow and Xander both gave him soft smiles of understanding, and all three in the room were startled when they heard the window behind them open.

When Buffy's head peeked into the room and she looked up to see her audience she froze. "Oh," she said. "This isn't my house?"

Spike chuckled as she stood and walked over to her, helping her the rest of the way inside. "No worries, luv. Your secrets already safe." Spike was playing so calm and cool but inside he was jumping up and down. Even after all the awkwardness she was still coming to him.

Buffy surveyed the room as she brushed herself off and smoothed her clothes.

Xander looked away nervously when Buffy looked at him. Willow stood and faced her, looking slightly nervous but still with enough confidence to walk up to her.

"We know about your, uh, friendship with Spike, and we want you to know we're not going to tell anyone. We wouldn't do that to you."

Buffy was surprised yet comforted by the red heads bravery.

"Thank you," she said with a hint of a smile forming on her lips.

Things were quiet and a tad awkward for a few moments until Willow finally spoke up again. "Well, we're gonna get going. School tomorrow," she said helping Xander up from his spot on Spikes bedroom floor. "We'll let ourselves out," she said. "See you tomorrow." In seconds they were gone, leaving Buffy and Spike alone once more.

"So, you didn't go to school today either, huh?" she asked trying desperately to decrease the amount of tension in the room.

"Um, no," Spike said as he sat down in his desk chair. "Wasn't quite all together today, if you know what I mean..."

"Yeah," Buffy said as she walked over and sat at the end of his bed, lightly placing her hands on her knees.

It grew quiet again.

"Where's your hunnie pot?" Spike asked. "Figured he would come runnin' if he thought you were sick."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Actually he did the exact opposite. Figured I would infect him or something. He didn't even ask if I was feeling better or if I wanted anything..."

Spike grew surprisingly angry at the thought of that poof pushing her away when she needed someone. Instead of trying to make her feel better.

"Bloody poofter..."

Buffy lifted her head a little but looked right back down again when she saw that he was looking at her intently.

A good ten minutes passed with not a word said. Buffy was cursing herself for even coming over here. He wasn't interested in her or her problems. Last night had just been... a weird night, he understood that. Nothing more would come of it,

"S-so, do you wanna hang out?" Buffy finally asked.

"I haven't kicked you out, have I?" Spike said with a smirk.

She wants to stay she wants to stay...

Buffy smiled back at him and things were beginning to feel a little more normal again. "Oh, can we order pizza? And I could go get the ice cream we never ate last week..."

Spike chucked. "Sure. You go get the ice cream. I'll order us up some pizza and buffalo wings."

"Kay," Buffy said as she bounded toward the window.

"Um, Buffy..." Spike said in a deep sexy voice that made Buffy shiver, especially when he used her first name.

"Hmm?"

"Ol' Rupes isn't home if you just want to use the front door."

"Oh... right," she said as she walked past him and down the stairs.

As she passed him Spike closed his eyes and inhaled. She smelled wonderful. Not to mention she was only wearing tight little shorts and a tank top again.

This was going to be a long night.


x X x X x X x


Spike was laying back on his bed with a pillow over his face, trying his hardest to block out the sounds of perky pom pom music and cheers coming from the television.

Bloody cheerleaders...

"Oh Micky you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Micky!" Buffy sang along with the tape.

Spike groaned.

When she heard noises coming from Spike she turned and looked at him and a pout fell onto her face.

"Spike, you're not watching the movie..."

"Yeah? So?" came his muffled response.

"It's not fun if you don't watch it too," she whined as she crawled up next to him. When he didn’t say anything else Buffy began to sing again, this time right into his exposed ear.

"Oh Willy you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Willy!"

Spike shot up at that. "Oi! Don't call me that! Are you off you gob?"

"Now that didn't even make sense," she said crossing her arms and looking at him pointedly.

"You are an infuriating little girl..."

"What can I say? I have my talents," she said with a smile and a shrug.

Spike smirked and looked down at her mouth. "I'm sure you do..."

Buffy's eyes went wide and she reached over and smacked him. "You wish..."

Spike chuckled and fell back against his pillow again. "You have no idea, luv."

Buffy blushed. He was flirting. He was making her want to flirt. "So," she said trying to change the subject. "Ice cream?"

"Yeh," Spike sighed. "Bring up that one that tastes like cake mix or what not."

"Cake Batter?" she asked as she left the room and scurried down to the kitchen. When she got down there she grabbed the small pint out of the freezer and started looking around for a couple of spoons. "Spike!" she yelled. "Where are your spoons?"

"In the drawer to the left of the dishwasher!" he yelled back down.

Buffy moved her way over to the drawer and started to take two spoons out but paused and thought for a moment. She knew she was going to regret it later on, but she closed the drawer with only one spoon in hand.

Spike visibly perked up when she came back into the room.

"Um, there was only one spoon left, so we're gonna have to share," she said taking her seat next to him on the bed.

Spikes heart leapt a little, along with something else...

Buffy dug the spoon down into the creamy substance and pulled out a good sized scoop.

"You want the first bite?" she asked sticking the spoon in his direction.

"No thanks, luv. You take it. Ladies first and all."

Buffy smiled and stuck the end of the spoon into her mouth, smiling even more at the taste of the stuff. "Mmm..."

Spike loved watching her. She was such a cute adorable thing. The littlest things like a spoonful of ice cream making her smile.

How the fuck could anyone want to cheat on this girl?

As she opened her eyes and looked at Spike he felt a wave of nervousness go through him. Something in the way she looked at him was different.

"Taste," she said handing him a spoonful.

Buffy didn't know what happened. One second she was just eating ice cream, the next she felt like she was seducing him again.

As Spike took the spoonful into his mouth a small but dripped down the side of his mouth.

"Oops," Buffy said with a smirk as she pulled the now empty spoon from his mouth.

Spike lifted his hand to wipe it away but before he could get to it Buffy leaned in and slowly poked out her tongue and began to lick up his chin to the side of his mouth.

Spike closed his eyes at the contact, her hot juicy pink tongue was millimeters away from his own. It was driving him insane.

When Buffy pulled away and began to lick her lips Spike let loose and dove after her.

His hands latched on to her upper arms and his mouth attacked hers. She dropped the ice cream and the spoon and put her hands on his face. Their kiss was feverish and passionate, full of need and want, and Buffy was sure at that moment she had never been kissed that good in all her life.

"Mmm," she moaned into his mouth as his body pinned hers to the bed. Spike made a sound that resembled a growl as he ground his erection into her thigh.

The sensations he was causing through clothes was making her drunk with lust, and she was curious to know how good he could make her feel if she actually let him fuck her.

Finally they broke apart, gasping for air but both were clawing at each other making sure neither was going anywhere.

Just as Spike dipped his head to kiss her again they heard the front door slam.

"Spike?" his uncle yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"Bullocks," Spike said quietly to himself as he slumped a little.

Buffy seemed to almost snap back to reality, blushing wildly. "You know, I gotta go," she said pulling out from underneath him. "I-It's probably a good thing this didn't go farther than it already did," she said sticking one leg out the window.

"Buffy..."

"Sorry about the mess," she said, and just like that, she was gone.

Spike stood at the end of his bed, completely dumbfounded. How did this happen again?

"Spike? Are you home?" Rupert yelled again.

"Uh, yeh! 'M "ere..." he yelled back as he turned to go downstairs.

As Buffy got back into her house and closed the door behind her she carefully touched her fingers to her lips. What had she been thinking? All day she was looking for ways to get him out of her head and so her solution was to go see him?

What the fuck is wrong with me...

She shook her head to herself as she climbed the stairs up to her bedroom where she just wanted to stay forever. This thing with Spike couldn't keep happening. She couldn't do that to Riley. It wasn't fair. She refused to be a cheater.

As she got into her room she immediately went over to her windows and closed the curtains so she wouldn't have to look over at his window. She needed him gone.

She flopped onto her bed and buried her face in a pillow, willing her lust and attraction for the man across the street, to just go away.



As Spike said goodnight to his uncle and continued to try and salvage what was left of the ice cream he tossed the leftover pizza and wings and got rid of any garbage in his room. No matter how much he tried, all of this thoughts revolved around Buffy. How could they not after something like this happened.

Before he left the kitchen he decided he liked this little thing he had with Buffy and a cocky smile crept its way onto his lips. He'd find a way to get her to leave the poof.

Before heading back upstairs he decided to humor himself, and he pulled open the silverware drawer.

All the spoons were there.

Little minx.

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you MidnightGirl for the chapter title suggestions, I love it!