Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first story in a long time and I am rusty but I really hope you all enjoy the story.
The sweat was starting to form on the palms of her hands as they remained clasped together, laying lightly in her lap. She and the doctor sat in the dark, dank office. She close to the door and he was in a big, dark, leather chair which was located next to stacks and stacks of dusty old books. Her chair was located near the door, she liked that, it made her feel safe, as if she could leave if she needed to.

“Yeah… not intimidating.” Buffy managed to mumbled to herself despite her dry throat. Her head was dropped forward as she rubbed her hands together trying to make the sweat disperse.

Clearing his throat Dr. Giles looked up from his leather bound notebook , where he had been scribbling down a few notes. Looking towards the small blonde he nodded , “What was that Miss Summers?” The man asked trying to not frighten the young girl. She had came into his office on her own looking for guidance, he didn’t want to push her away before he was able to figure out what it was that the girl needed.

Buffy looked up at the man big eyed, startled. “Umm…” She swallowed a lump in her throat and started to wipe her hands off on her jeans. “I was told by a friend that I should see a therapist.” She had managed to say as she looked down at her now dampened jeans. Giles followed her gaze noticing she was nervous. Reaching over to a tissue box he plucked one out and handed it to the girl. Buffy smiled meekly and took the tissue before wiping her hands and throwing it away in the trash bin near her chair.

Taking a deep breath she finally looked the doctor in the eye. “Listen, I shouldn’t be acting like this,” She was referring to her weak actions. “I have been doing better, a lot better. I mean I shouldn’t be acting like I used to act.” She said with full confidence.

“The way you used to act?” Doctor Giles asked inquisitively. “Tell me what you mean by that if you don’t mind. “

Buffy nodded before responding. “I mean I was in a relationship at one point…” Rolling her eyes she nodded. “an abusive relationship as it is so nicely coined now-a-days. I used to act like this with him, and around his friends, but now I think about it I was only with him and his friends, so pretty much all the time… but I‘ve gotten better.”

“Better? You make it sound as if you were broken, is that how you feel, Buffy? That you were broken? Damaged?” Giles spoke in a soft voice knowing the girl would most likely open up.

Nodding she rested her elbows on the arm rests of the chair. “Yeah, I was pretty much that. I mean you watch these movies and the girls are always so… what’s the word…” She searched her brain trying to find the perfect adjective. “untouched. They are always so pure and untouched and in the movies they always wind up so happy and seemingly perfect.”

“Is that what you want Buffy?” The doctor said interrupting her. She didn’t even think twice, she looked into his eyes and nodded.

“I used to wish for it, I would lay in bed and stare up at the ceiling. I had one wish, it wasn’t for money, power, or even love. I wanted to be untouched.” She stopped and waited for his reaction fearing the worst. Thinking he would see her as a child, like most had before.

“You say you used to wish for it, is it not something you still yearn for?” He asked her curiously as his jotted a few notes down in his notebook.

A small smile started to tug at Buffy’s lips, soon turning into a full smile, and she shook her head mimicking a school girl.

“I don’t need to wish anymore, I’ve been reborn.” As Buffy said that she felt warm all over, a lot more comfortable that she had been before. Giles had taken this as a religious experience but it was not what Buffy had meant, yet it wasn’t questioned by either one of the two.

Doctor Giles soon noticed something else. Leaning over his desk a bit his saw her wrist and instructed her to raise it to the top of his desk. Nodding Buffy brought up her hand and laid it palm facing up on the surface of his desk. There on her wrist was a tattoo of a thumbprint.

“That’s a very unorthodox tattoo for a young girl. Tell me what it means?” He asked, satisfied with her showing, he sat back against his chair.

“It’s a… very long story. Long long story” She said with a nod before taking a quick glance out the window looking at the dark blue SUV that sat outside in the parking lot. After a moment she looked back at the doctor seeing he had a smile on his face.

“Miss Summers, I enjoy stories.” Giles knew that unless he could get her to fully open up about her past their visits would be pointless and they wouldn’t get anywhere in these sessions that Buffy had paid for. Instead of saying that, of course, he wanted their visits to not feel like a job for her. Giles wanted Buffy to feel like she could opn up when she wanted to, not that she had to force it. This was difficult, of course.

Buffy thought about this, taking in what he had said and trying to decide whether or not she needed to fill him in on everything and if so, how in depth. There were things that had happened that she was not proud of, did she want to divulge all of what had happened to a man she didn’t know or trust?

With a sigh Buffy gave in and took a look at the doctor behind the desk. Tugging at her bottom lip with her teeth she shrugged. “How much time do you have?”

Intrigued Giles leaned forward a bit crossing his arms against the desk. “For you Miss Summer, I have all the time in the world.”

Hearing that Buffy just smiled and sitting up a little straighter in her chair she began to tell her story, a story of heartache, love, tragedy, and loss.


Chapter End Notes:
AN - It’s really short I know. The next chapter will start her story. This story will also pretty much be what she’s telling Giles, it won’t take place in the office the entire time, only once in a while. Kisses - Brooke.