Author's Chapter Notes:
The first part of the story is present day, it's only a little piece, then the story goes to the past and will lead up to the present. This is my first Spuffy story! So please be gentle!
"Maybe we should get divorced." Her voice barely above a whisper. Spike whipped his head up.

"Yea maybe we should." Spike slammed the door behind him making Buffy flinch.




One year earlier

"It feels great to be back Wills! Even better to be a junior! Only on more year here!" Buffy closed her new locker.

"It sure does! You know me summer is a bore!" Buffy giggled at the dreamy look on her friends face.

"Come on Wills lets get out of here, my feet are killing me from my stylish yet affordable boots."

"So have you heard about the new transfer student? I think his name is like William or something like that. He just moved here from England, supposed to be gorgeous too." Willow squinted in the bright sun.

"Nope, I haven't heard a thing." Looking around the parking lot for her mom she spotted her other best friend Xander with Angel and a platinum haired guy. "Hey who is that guy with Xander and Angel?" Buffy pointed to them, waving at her friend and brother to come over.

"I don't know, maybe it's that William guy?" Shrugging she turned back to look at the three guys walking toward them.

"Hey Buff, Wills." Xander smiled goofily at them.

"Hey Xand, care to introduce us to your new friend?" Looking at the platinum blond closer Buffy noticed he had bright blue eyes and sharp cheekbones that went all the way down to lush full lips.

'Gah he's hot!'

"Oh er, this is Spike he just moved here from England. Spike these are my Best friends Buffy and Willow, Buffy is the big oafs sister." Xander got a smack upside his head for that comment. The girls giggled at the display.

"Nice to meet you luvs" Spike grinned when Willow blushed and Buffy gave a big smile.

"Nice to meet you too. So how long have you been here?" Buffy questioned.

"About two weeks, not long my uncle works here."

"Oh Mr. Giles right? I kinda put two and two together with the accents and all." Willow blushed again.

"Yep that's Rupes."

"Oh mom is here, Angel are you staying or coming home with me and Willow?"

"Do you girls do everything together?" Angel questioned.

"That's a dumb question of course we do!" Waving bye to Xander and Spike Willow and Buffy walked to the green jeep.

"No tell mom I will be home later, we are gonna go chill at Xander's." Waving at his mom Angel turned back to his friends.

"Your sister is beautiful!" Spike exclaimed when the jeep was out of sight.

"Don't even think about it! She is pretty much untouchable with Angel here and she has this whole promise ring thing going for her." Xander explained.

"That's right don't even think about it!" Angel wagged a finger at him.




"So what did you think of Spike?" Willow asked mouth full of carrots.

"What? I couldn't understand with your mouth full and all!" Buffy giggled and munched on the carrots.

"So what do you think about Spike?"

"He is like the hottest guy in Sunnydale now!"

"Yeah he is, well next to Oz." Willow got another dreamy look on her face.

"Oooh Willow and Oz sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G first comes lo-" She was cut short by the carrot that hit her in the head.

"I don't know what you are talking about!" Blushing redder than a tomato Willow stuck another carrot in her mouth. They both started to giggle at their new found crushes for the year.




"William is that you?" Giles asked when the library doors opened.

"Yea it's me Rupes." Spike jumped up on the counter.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that blasted name?" Giles questioned.

"I will keep calling you that until you decide to start calling me Spike."

"So how was your first day? Make any new friends?" Giles closed the book he was skimming through.

"Yes I did make some new friends, very nice chaps if you ask me." Spike put on a stuffy British accent.

"Har bloody har William, get off the counter."

"I did meet some nice blokes Xander and Angel, they are both on the football team. Was thinking about trying out maybe."

"That's wonderful William. That would look great on college applications!" Giles smiled.

"Oh here we go again with the college talk!" Rolling his eyes and taking a seat at the table.

"Well William you need to go and get a good education!"

Spike banged his head on the table.




"I'm home!" Angel yelled into the house.

"That's nice no one cares." Buffy looked away from the TV but quickly turned back when Angel glared at her.

"I am the man of this house so it is important that I am home." Buffy snorted after that comment. Turning off the TV she turned to face Angel.

"Oh yea you da man!" Laughing even harder at Angel's broody look she took off when he reached to grab her. Screaming when he did catch hold of her and threw her over his shoulder like she weighed nothing, she did all she could do punch his back and scream.

"ANGEL put me down! I am so gonna mess up your poofy gelled hair!" She 'oofed' when he threw on the couch and started to tickle her. Buffy raised her hands and put her hands in his hair ruffling it up.

"What are you two doing?" Joyce asked from the doorway hands on her hips in the mother position. Both teenagers stopped immediately and answered 'nothing' at the same time. Giving them the eye Joyce walked back into the kitchen to finish dinner.

"Guess what"

"What?"

"I know someone who likes you." Angel said nonchalantly.

"Who?!" Buffy asked getting excited.

"I don't know if I should tell you." Grinning evilly Angel got to his feet and started to fix his hair.

"I swear if you don't tell me I will go ruin all of your hair products!" Buffy stood up her five foot frame against her brothers 6 foot frame. Making a move to run up the stairs Angel stopped her.

"You met him today, platinum hair, accent ring any bells?" Angel smirked when Buffy got a big grin on her face.

"Tell me everything he said about me!" Buffy followed him up the stairs.

"You are not gonna date him Buff, so don't get excited." Angel smiled when Buffy frowned.

"Who says so?"

"Me and that pretty little ring of yours."

'Damn'


Chapter End Notes:
So what did you think? Reviews would be very much appreciated!