Author's Chapter Notes:
When Blue ended, I was happy to still be working on Poison, but I immediately found myself missing the variety of working on two completely different storylines at the same time. I guess I'm just a two fic at a time gal, because I just couldn't stand the idea of not having some variety. So, here's something quite a bit different than Blue and Poison. Hope you enjoy!
Chapter One:

Buffy rolled her eyes from her hiding place by the stairs in the large ballroom. Her father was at it again, schmoozing Mayor Wilkins, trying to get him to invest in his latest poorly thought out business venture. Her father liked to present himself as a wealthy entrepreneur, but really her family had been living off her grandfather's money for years. They lived in a huge house and Buffy had attended only the best schools, but her father's inheritance was rapidly disappearing.

Since her mother had begged off this evening, Hank Summers had elected to make an appearance at this charity ball with his lovely daughter. When he realized Buffy wouldn't play along with his attempts to leech money from Sunnydale's elite, he promptly ditched her. That was fine with Buffy. She was much happier sipping her champagne, hidden from the supposed upper crust of society and their hoards of mindless followers.

She observed the room and had to stifle a snort as she watched Harmony Kendall in a barely there strapless red dress attempting to shove her tits into some unsuspecting waiter's face. Knowing Harmony, she probably thought the young man was some rich politician's son. Buffy shook her head and smoothed her hands over her much more conservative sleeveless, pale pink gown.

She sat her empty glass on a passing waiter's tray and was about to call it a night, when she saw him. He seemed to be engaged in a rather intense discussion with the Sunnydale police commissioner. Since she clearly didn't even register on his radar, she took her time looking him over. He was lean and nicely formed as much as she could tell in his well-tailored tuxedo. His face was expressive as he attempted to drive home his point to his companion. His cerulean orbs sparkled brightly against his alabaster skin, and his cheek bones were high and sharp. He was quite striking really. It might have been his shock of platinum blond hair or perhaps how he seemed to carry himself with an air of authority. She had never seen anyone quite like him, and she continued to gaze at him unabashedly from her place beside the stairs.

As if sensing her attention, the man turned his head and met her eyes. Buffy gasped at having been caught but couldn't bring herself to break contact. Her cheeks burned as the man gave her a devilish grin before turning back to the commissioner. Buffy let out a breath and looked down. Now that she had thoroughly embarrassed herself, she figured this would be an excellent time to make her escape. She raised her head to seek out the closest exit and found herself staring into the azure depths of the man she'd been admiring.

He grinned at her, raising an eyebrow, "You weren't going anywhere, were you, luv?"

Buffy gaped at him, "I—I—I was just..."

He smirked at her flustered state, "Because the night is young, and I haven't even gotten a dance yet." Giving her a charming smile, "First things first, pet. What do they call a beautiful creature such as yourself?"

She blushed, "Oh...my name is Buffy. Buffy Summers."

"Well, Miss Buffy Summers," he said taking her hand in his, "my name is William Blackwell, and I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance." He raised the back of her hand to his lips and bestowed it with a gentle kiss.

Buffy's cheeks darkened further as she giggled nervously, "Your hand is cold! And your lips...I mean..."

He smiled, "S'all right, kitten. You know what they say—cold hands, warm heart. I imagine the same goes for lips. Don't you think?" He raised an eyebrow and gave her a lascivious grin, "Or maybe something else is warm."

Buffy didn't think her cheeks could possibly be any hotter than they were right then. This man was doing all sorts of interesting things to her body, and he had barely touched her.

"How about that dance now, pet?"

Buffy nodded dumbly and allowed herself to be led to the dance floor. William firmly clasped one of her tiny hands in one of his cool hands and snaked his other arm around her waist, pulling her snugly against his body. Buffy laid her free hand on his shoulder. As they swayed to the music, Buffy felt as if William was pressing her impossibly closer to his body. She tried not to gasp when she felt him nuzzling her neck with his nose before placing light kisses on the sensitive skin. Had she just met this man minutes before?

Buffy's heart sped up when she felt his thick length pressed against her stomach. Suddenly, she felt as if she was drowning. She thought she might faint if she didn't soon make a move to separate their intertwined bodies. As the song ended, she gently pushed against his chest, breaking the connection.

"I really should get going," she murmured breathlessly.

William nodded, "All right, pet, but I'm having a small get-together at my house in a couple of nights. I would love it if you would attend. It's just going to be a few friends by the pool for a little night swim. Very casual."

"Oh...umm..." Somehow the idea of not seeing this man again seemed almost painful. "All right, I'd love to go."

He graced her with a brilliant smile, "Wonderful, kitten." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a card. Handing it to her, "Just call the second number, and they'll send a car to pick you up." He leaned down and gave her a light kiss on her cheek. "I look forward to seeing you there."

Buffy was in a daze as she left the building in search of her family's car. Most likely, they wouldn't be able to afford their driver much longer. She would use him while she could. She imagined William Blackwell had no trouble keeping drivers on the payroll.


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it! I strongly encourage you to review, so I know if I should continue. I've been inspired by a reviewer on another one of my fics to try to answer all of my reviews. You guys are so insanely important to these stories happening. They wouldn't happen without you! I'd like to have a more personal connection, so look for replies to your reviews in the future. Thanks!