Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for all the wonderful reviews! They are what motivate me to pursue this fic. As such, here is Chapter 3. We're starting to get into the story a bit more now. I hope you like it! This is where I really need to know if I have your interest! Thanks!
Chapter Three:

Buffy felt insecure in her modest hunter green one-piece swimsuit. Wil—Spike and Liam were probably accustomed to being in the company of beautiful women that weren't afraid to show off their bodies. What little she had seen of Darla and Drusilla had certainly involved a lot of skin. She wished she could give herself a once over before rejoining the group, but she had yet to locate a mirror in the small pool house.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and walked out onto the patio. Immediately, she noticed that someone had turned off the main patio lights in favor of a few dimly lit globes on pillars spread about the deck. As the lights flickered, she realized that the globes actually contained candles. She squinted her eyes to see in the intimate lighting. At first, she didn't spot anyone at all, and for a moment, she thought that maybe they'd all decided she was too boring and had simply wandered off. Then, she spotted four sets of heads and shoulders protruding from the hot tub by the pool. She carefully made her way in that direction, trying not to trip over her feet and embarrass herself.

As she approached the tub, she saw that Liam had taken up residence between Drusilla and Darla, and Spike was sitting across from the three. They were all talking quietly and drinking some sort of dark beverage from glass goblets. She couldn't make out the color in the dim lighting.

"Luv, you should get in. I suspect there's a chill in the air tonight."

Buffy jumped at the sound of Spike's voice. He hadn't even looked up yet. In the near darkness, she had been sure he didn't know she was there. She opened her mouth to answer, but instead stepped closer to the tub. She now had the attention of the entire group. Liam and Darla with their matching smirks, Drusilla with her...eager expression, and Spike—head tilted, waiting.

Embarrassed by the attention, Buffy slipped into the tub between Darla and Spike. She closed her eyes and let out a little moan as the hot bubbles caressed her skin.

"Now that's the kind of sound I like to hear from a gorgeous woman in my presence."

Buffy's eyes flew open to see Liam leering at her. She blushed and looked down. Spike had fixed a glare on the other man and looked ready for an argument when Darla interjected.

"Now, Angel, you shouldn't embarrass the girl. Betty looks likes the sensitive type." She looked at Buffy with raised eyebrows. "Am I right?"

Buffy blinked, "Umm...yeah, I guess so...and it's...Buffy."

Darla smiled sweetly, "Oh, my mistake, Buffy."

"No biggie..." Buffy smiled nervously and glanced over at Spike. He was looking down. She noticed his jaw tic as he stared blankly into the tub. She turned back to Darla, "So, you called Liam—Angel..."

"Oh yes, that's what we call him. I guess our men just have special names..."

"Oh," she glanced at Liam's widely grinning face, "do they call you Angel, because...you're so sweet?"

At that, Darla snorted loudly but tried to cover it with a cough. Drusilla did nothing to disguise her giggles.

Liam, for his part, continued aiming his toothy grin at Buffy. "That's exactly why. You should get comfortable using it, beautiful. I think Spike intends to keep you around for a long time.

"That's enough, Angel," Spike snapped. "You've had your fun. Stop teasing the girl."

He turned towards Buffy and reached a hand out to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, "Sorry about this lot, luv, they aren't completely house-trained."

"Nooo, nooo...it's fine. It's me. I'm just...sheltered. All of this must seem really mundane to all of you, but this is the most excitement I've had in weeks!" Buffy's cheeks burned at her admission.

Spike smiled down at her before wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Buffy snuggled into his body. She found him to be much warmer than before.

"So, Buffy," Angel began, "Dru was telling us the most amusing story while you were in the pool house. Care to hear it?"

"Oh, I guess—"

"She doesn't want to hear that story, Angel," Spike gritted out through clenched teeth.

"Sure she does! Don't be a stick-in-the-mud, Willy boy. She'll love it, but first," he said raising his glass, "I think this calls for a refill. And Buffy, since your gracious host so rudely didn't offer, would you like a drink?"

Buffy raised her eyebrows, "Oh...oh, no...Buffy and alcohol are unmixy things. One glass of champagne a month is my limit."

"Oh, but you'll like this," Darla said pulling a bottle from behind Angel on the deck. "It's plum wine. Sweet...like Angel." This elicited a new round of giggles from Drusilla.

Buffy bit her lip, "I guess a little won't hurt."

"That's the spirit!" Angel exclaimed, taking the bottle from Darla and pouring a hefty amount of the dark liquid into a glass goblet. He leaned towards Buffy with the glass, and she found she practically had to pry Spike off of her to move forward and retrieve it.

"Thank you," Buffy said smiling politely.

"You're very welcome. You know you have the most beaut—"

"Daddy! When can I tell my story?!" Apparently, Drusilla was getting antsy. She had yet to really involve herself in what was going on around her. Buffy had noticed her muttering to herself earlier but elected not to say anything.

Buffy furrowed her brow. Daddy? Creepy much.

Angel smiled as he settled back against the wall of the tub, "By all means, Dru, tell away."

Drusilla's eyes lit up as she leaned in, "Well, it happened last week at the club. There was this bloke at the bar—a real dark and brooding type—kind of like Angel when he doesn't get his way." Angel rolled his eyes as Dru continued her story, "He had been sitting at the bar for a couple of hours when this ridiculous wannabe Queen of the Damned chit starts rubbing up against him. Her tits were as big as her head! He just ignored her, though. Kept sipping his beer, just staring at the bar. So, she starts whispering in his ear that she isn't wearing any knickers, and—"

"And they all lived happily ever after. The end."

Drusilla pouted at Spike, "That's not how it goes. I want to tell it right."

Angel batted his eyelashes, "Yeah, Spike, let her tell it right. Pleeeease."

Spike turned his head, clenching his jaw.

Drusilla wrinkled her brow, "Now, where was I?"

"No knickers," Darla piped in.

"Oh, right. So, she won't let up. She must have mentioned her lack of undergarments ten times. Finally, he finishes his beer and stands up. He turns to the bird and just gives her this blank look. Well, she clearly thinks she's won him over. Then, all of the sudden, he just takes his bottle, reaches under her skirt, and jams it up her cunt. The funniest part is that she threw up all over the bar. Guess he got it in there good and proper!"

Darla laughed, "Oh no, Dru, that's not the funniest part. Tell her what the guy said!"

Drusilla giggled, "As she was doubled up over the bar, he just leans down next to her head and says 'guess you weren't wearing any knickers then, good to know' and walks off without another word."

The girls dissolved into giggles as Angel chuckled heartily between them. Buffy was fairly certain that she was in shock, so she did the only thing she could think of, she tipped back her glass and downed her wine.

Dru giggled, "It's not as funny as the story about the puppy and the fire extinguisher!"

Angel shook his head at her, "Actually, Dru, I think you're the only one that finds that story amusing."

Buffy nearly choked on her wine at that exchange. Luckily, it all went down smoothly, but she was beginning to feel extremely light-headed. That was a lot of wine for someone with such low tolerance.

"So...uh...do a lot of interesting things happen at the club?"

Drusilla smiled, "Oh yes, like—"

Spike shot her a look, "Like we'll save those stories for another time."

Dru huffed, "You're no fun anymore, my prince. No fun at all."

Angel ran his fingertips down Drusilla's arm, "Maybe if you ask nicely, Spike will let you play with his toys."

Dru perked up at that and slid over to Spike, pawing at his chest, "Oh, please, oh pretty, pretty please, let mummy play!" She continued rubbing her hands over his pectorals until he grabbed her wrists and forcefully pushed her away.

"No! No, Dru, no playing tonight. Not right now." He glanced at Buffy. She seemed thoroughly puzzled by the scene that had played out before her. "S'all right, luv. Dru is just a little touched in the head is all."

"I fear I'll float away in a bubble, and no one will save me." Buffy noticed that Drusilla was now staring into the middle of the tub.

Spike shrugged, "Case in point." He gestured towards the glass in her hand, "You through, pet? Want me to take that?"

"Oh, no, I got it." But she didn't have it. The alcohol in her system had set her depth perception slightly askew. As she twisted around to place the glass on the deck, she managed to both tip it and set it down much harder than she intended. This resulted in chipping the side, and this resulted in an abrasion on her index finger. Thinned by the alcohol, her blood immediately pooled at the surface.

"Ouchie, I am such a klutz! Sorry about your glass!"

There was deathly silence.

Buffy placed her bleeding finger in her mouth and glanced around. The group was regarding her with indecipherable expressions. Well, except for Dru, and she had that eager look on her face again—as such, she was the first to react.

"Come on, dearie. Let's get that cleaned up. Wouldn't want it to get infected, now would we?" She started to rise out of the tub, beckoning for Buffy to do the same, when Spike grabbed her arm.

"No! No, Dru, it's my home. I think I should see to my guests' injuries." Turning towards Buffy, "Come with me, kitten, there are some basic medical supplies in the pool house."

He lifted himself out of the tub then reached down to assist Buffy. Placing a hand on the small of her back, he led her across the darkened patio to the pool house. It was obvious the effect the alcohol had on her system by her weaving gait.

After they entered the building, Buffy stood awkwardly in the small sitting room, waiting for Spike to gather supplies. She continued to suck the blood from her wound, leaving a coppery tang in her mouth.

Buffy's cheeks burned when Spike returned to the room. Through the thin fabric of his swim trunks, it was clear that he was entirely erect. Obviously, he had to know, but he seemed to pay it no mind as he directed Buffy to be seated on a small sofa. He sat down beside her, knees bumping her own. Her heart sped up. She noticed him smirking as if he could tell the effect he was having on her.

"Gonna have to take your finger out of your mouth, pet."

Buffy nodded and slid the digit out. Spike had a strange expression on his face.

"You've got..." he waived a finger in front of his bottom lip.

"Huh?"

"You've got a little..." he pointed to her lip.

"Oh!" She darted her tongue out to lick the remaining drops of blood from her lip.

As she did, she could've sworn that—for just a moment—Spike's eyes flashed a color very unlike his usual deep blue.

He gently took her hand in his and proceeded to meticulously disinfect her wound, taking care to cause her as little pain as possible. Buffy felt he was treating her almost as if she was fragile. Despite the obvious evidence of his arousal threatening to burst through the fabric of his trunks, she had a gut feeling that he was a good man—but her instincts had led her astray before.

He spread a generous amount of ointment on the injury and wrapped it with a small bandage before bringing her finger to his lips for a lingering kiss. He smiled at her adorable pink-tinged cheeks. Still holding her hand, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Now...what will you do for me?"

Buffy shook her head, coming out of her Spike-induced daze. "Huh? What will I do for you?" She furrowed her brow in confusion.

"Yeah."

"I—I don't understand."

Spike rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand. "It's simple, pet. I fixed your finger. Now, what will you do for me?"


Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know if you're interested in me continuing this fic! Thank you so much!