Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you everyone who reviewed! They made me suppppper happy!
“Willow I think I am getting fatter.” Buffy frowned looking at her stomach.

“Buffy you don’t even know for sure if you are pregnant! It could be a faulty test!”

“No I know I am pregnant, no period and morning sickness.” Buffy poked her stomach out trying to imagine what she would look like when she got bigger.

“So when are you going to tell Dawnie?”

“When I know for sure, I have a doctor’s appointment at two today so can you watch over the gallery for me please?” Getting frustrated Buffy looked away from the mirror and walked over to her bed. “What am I going to do if I am pregnant? Being a single mother is not going to be easy. Look at my mom Wills, me and Dawn put her through hell!” Buffy collapsed on the bed staying silent.

“I think you will be a great mother. That baby will have the two greatest aunts it could ever ask for! Plus all the support and love a baby needs.”

“I hope you are right.”




“Is there a Buffy Summers?” A elderly nurse walked out into the waiting room looking inside a manila folder. Buffy stood and walked over to where the nurse was standing.

“I’m Buffy Summers.”

“So what brings you in today?” The nurse started walking back to where the private rooms were.

“I’m here to uhh… get an ultrasound.” Buffy flushed. Why was she embarrassed? Millions of women go through this!

“Ok I need you to slip this gown on and take off all of your clothes, just open the door when you are finished so I can check your blood pressure and all of that good stuff.” The nurse smiled kindly.
Changing quickly so the nurse wouldn’t be waiting long Buffy opened the door and smiled at the nurse.

“First I have a couple of questions, when was your last menstrual cycle?”

“About three months ago.”

“Are you on any kind of birth control, or any other type of medicine?”

“No.”

“How about the father, is he part of the picture?”
Buffy hesitated. What do you say to that, oh I got completely drunk and slept with an almost famous rock star to wake up the next morning naked and not really remembering the whole night!

“No, he’s not part of the picture.”

“Okay I am going to take your blood pressure, listen to your heartbeat and lungs.”

The nurse finished quickly giving Buffy a clean bill of health with a steady heart rate and good blood pressure.

“Dr. Lockey will be in here shortly.” The nurse gave Buffy a small pat on her shoulder and left the room quietly. Looking up at the ceiling Buffy tried to imagine life with a kid. It was going to be tough but she wouldn’t give up. She didn’t even want to think about what she should do about Spike. Hearing a knock on the door Buffy was pulled out of her thoughts.

“Hello Buffy, I’m Dr. Lockey.” The doctor stuck her hand out and shook Buffy’s. “The nurse says you are here for a ultrasound correct?” at Buffy’s nod she continued. “What I am going to do is give you a pelvic exam to see if you are pregnant, then do a couple of labs to make sure everything is healthy. So just lay back and relax, if you have any questions just ask away!”

Putting her legs in the stirrups was when Buffy started to feel awkward. Reality hit her hard, she was pregnant plain and simple. Holding back the tears, Buffy was truly lost for the first time since her mother’s death.

“It looks like you are pregnant, I would say about seven weeks along.” Dr. Lockey smiled at Buffy. “We just need some labs and I will give you some prenatal vitamins, schedule your next appointment and you will be on your way!”

Feeling like she wanted to cry and laugh at the same time, Buffy just followed Dr. Lockey to the lab room. Twenty minutes later she just wanted to go home and hide under the covers until it was time to have this baby. Scheduling her next appointment with her vitamins in her hand Buffy walked out of the hospital not feeling a thing.



“Buffy! So how did it go?” Willow perked up from her chair at the front desk.

“I’m officially pregnant got the vitamins and everything!” Buffy smiled half heartedly. “I don’t know when I am going to tell Dawn. Maybe I should just call her when I am in labor and tell her ‘Hey you’re an auntie!’”

“Everything is going to be fine Buff, you’ll see!” Willow hugged her best friend.




Buffy sat down on her couch looking at her cell phone debating if she should call Dawn now. She really didn’t have the courage or the energy to do this! Turning on the TV and flipping to the news, Buffy turned the volume on low and decided to call Dawn now, or she never would. She didn’t have enough time to back out because Dawn answered on the second ring.

“I was just about to call you! I think we have some mental telepathy going on here!” Dawn giggled.

“I have something I need to tell you Dawnie, and I’m not joking about this. I’m pregnant.” Buffy looked at the TV waiting for Dawn’s response, but the world fell away when she saw a bleached blond with a brunette draped all over him on the news.

“Buffy! Hello?! Answer me!” Dawn screeched.

"Let me call you back." Hanging up the phone Buffy turned the volume up higher.

"Lead Singer of the band Dingo's Ate my Baby has officially gone to rockstar status. He was seen in a L.A. Club last night with girls hanging all over him sources say." The TV anchor continued on with the band's success.

"Didn't take him long to move on."

Buffy's cell phone started to ring breaking her from her reverie. Answering it she didn't even get a hello out before Dawn was screaming in her ear.

"You can't just say that you are pregnant and then say let me call you back! It's not how it works. Who is the dad? I wanna know right now!" Dawn sounded angry.

"He's kind of a rock star." Buffy pulled her phone away from her ear listening to the yells coming from the phone.


Chapter End Notes:
Once again thank you everyone who reviewed!