Author's Chapter Notes:
I know that I haven't updated in a VERY long time, and I am sorry, but classes were more important. I will try to update as much as I can in the little time that I have.
Fang Fest.

Chapter Five.


She couldn’t sleep. Anyone would have fallen asleep after what had happened not an hour ago. But here she lay, wide awake and she couldn’t get a certain Blonde out of her mind. Buffy let out an irritated huff and rolled to her side, hitting her pillow to make it fluffier. When she closed her eyes, she could just feel Spike’s fingers. Remembering them, she felt a light throbbing in her lower regions.

How could she be reacting like this after everything that had happened? Hadn’t she had enough of the blonde pest? No said a little voice in the back of her head. You want him. You crave him. His touch, his being, his smell, his fangs- she shook her head. What was she thinking? There would be no Spike fangs again! She was disgusted with herself for even thinking about it. Total grossage.

You know you liked it. The way it made you cum so hard in a way that you know you will never feel again. The wiggling of his fingers as he rubbed you. His rough caresses against your clit… Buffy groaned as she remembered the feeling. Yeah, you don’t want that again. the voice mocked.

The burning in the apex of her thighs increased as she imagined the way that Spike had touched her. Had rubbed her in just the right spot, with just the right amount of pressure. The feeling of his fingers pressing against her walls, and the bunch of nerves that he hit…

“Screw it.” She said to herself. The silently thanked anyone that was listening that Willow was sleeping in the guest bedroom as she slid her hand down her body and under the waistband of her boxer shorts and into her pussy.

She hissed as she came in contact with her clit. Using one hand, she rubbed her clit the same way that Spike had done, and her other hand she pushed a finger into her and started to pump in and out. She felt the fire go higher and higher, though it felt like she was missing something. She added in another finger to her two and gasped at the extra stretch. It felt good.

Pressing harder on her clit, she added in another finger and pushed in farther, and harder as she felt herself come close to the edge. She added her thumb and used her fingers to stretch her some more, for the needed pain. She furiously rubbed, flicked and twisted her clit till she came with a strangled scream. Rubbing her clit as she came down, she pulled her hands away from her pussy and stared at the mess. Getting up, she cleaned herself before getting back to bed, feeling a little sore.

As she walked back to her bed, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Spike’s duster laying along the back of her chair. Picking it up, she took a big whiff of it and sighed at how good it smelt. Cigarettes, a muscular-manly smell, and everything that was only Spike.

Taking the jacket with her to bed, she hugged it close and felt sleep finally hit her as she took another whiff of the jacket.

* * * * *

Willow was making pancakes in the morning – since she had snuck over to Buffy’s house this morning to make breakfast for her friend - when Buffy walked down the stairs. The smell of the flat cakes had awoken Buffy. Flopping down into one of the island chairs, Buffy eyed the pancakes as Willow flipped them in the pan.

“Morning, Buffy.” Willow said cheerfully. “How did you sleep? I heard something going on in your room, did you have a bad dream?”

Buffy blushed as she thought about what she had done last night. “The opposite actually.” She muttered.

“Oh,” Willow’s eyes widened as she laid a plate of pancakes in front of her friend before starting on her own.

“Could you grab me the peanut butter please? In the cabinet closest to the fridge.” Buffy said. Her mouth watered as she thought about Peanut Butter Pancakes, it was to die for.

Willow shook her head at her friend as she gave her friend the jar. Though she had tried it once, and liked it, she still couldn’t get over the way that Buffy’s eyes seemed to light up when she ate it. Willow frowned. As she looked at her friend, she noticed that she was a little paler than she remembered.


“Buffy? Are you ok?”

“Yeah, why?” Buffy asked, her mouth full of pancakes.

“You look pale. Abnormally pale.” She said, sounding worried. She reached across the table and put her hand to Buffy’s forehead, frowning deeper.

“If you frown any deeper, your eyebrows will get sucked into your eye sockets.” Buffy warned her.

“You’re really cool, Buffy. You’ve never been this cool. Are you sure you’re ok?”

“Your pancakes need to be flipped, Wills.” Buffy said, smelling the slight burning smell.

When Willow did so, she saw the perfectly browned side and just stared at it. There were no burnt spots anywhere. Looking at her friend, she noticed the changed. Pale, cool to the touch, and heightened sense of smell… “Buffy? Why did you wake up? I had expected to have to wake you up to get you down here.”

“I could smell the pancakes. Why, what’s going on Willow?” Now Buffy was starting to worry. Was there something wrong with her? Was Willow seeing something that she wasn’t?

“Well, I was thinking. You look really pale right now. You’re cool to the touch, and you seem to have a heightened sense of smell…” She looked warily at her friend and saw the blonde’s eyes widen.

Jumping out of her seat, Buffy ran to the living room where there was a mirror and gasped. Then she ran back into the kitchen and opened the backdoor. Slowly, and tentatively, she stuck her hand out into the sun. Nothing.

Running back into the living room, she opened her chest of weapons and dug through till her hand hit something that burned her, she hissed and jumped away from the chest. Then she froze in shock and fear.

Willow was watching her. She didn’t know what to think. Buffy had no reflection, was hurt by touching a cross, but she could stand sunlight… what was going on? “Buffy? Everything will be alright, we’ll call Giles and he’ll help with this.”

“Willow?” Buffy’s voice was so small, she sounded like a little child. “What’s wrong with me?” her voice was now teary and Willow saw the beginnings of waterworks trickling down her cheeks.

Walking to her, Willow wrapped her arms around her friend. Buffy was too scared and shocked to get away from her friend in case she hurt her. She felt her legs give out from under her and the two women fell to the floor. Willow’s heart go out to her friend. Not only was she the Slayer and destined to be different, now she was … something different. Something else. She wasn’t afraid of her friend hurting her. If she hadn’t tried going after her throat – and being more concerned with her pancakes - than she was fine.

Well, as fine as the situation would allow.

It was about ten minutes before Buffy’s tears had stopped. Willow helped her to the couch where she laid down while the redhead went to make the call to Giles.

As Willow told Giles that something about Buffy was different, and that he had to come and see for himself, she had noticed that her friend had fallen asleep. The pour girl deserved it after all she had been through. She still had yet to learn about what had happened when she was Vampire Buffy. But now was not the time to start talking about that.

* * * * *

In the warehouse, Spike suddenly woke up and sat up in bed. He had a feeling that something was wrong. That something wasn’t right. Looking around him, Dru was asleep besides him and there wasn’t anyone else in the room with them, waiting to kill them in their sleep.

He felt sad and slightly raged. He couldn’t think of a reason why he felt like this. He was having a pleasant dream of the slayer from last night when he had woken up to this feeling. Searching his mind, he couldn’t help the gasp. There was something there, in the back of his mind. No, someone. A presence.

Digging deeper, he felt the sadness and fear and unfairness seep through that connection. What was the cause of this? He had no clue. But it wasn’t something that he could ignore. He felt the pull towards the thing in the back of his mind. Closing his eyes, he concentrated on the source. He felt the need to go to it, whatever it was, to stop the sadness and kill whatever had caused it.

The feeling dulled a little, but was still there. He had to do something.

Getting up, he grabbed his jeans from the floor and pulled them on and snatched a clean t-shirt from a drawer before reaching towards the place where his duster was supposed to be. It wasn’t there. He was going to kill whoever thought it would be funny to take his coat. Then he remembered.

Buffy.

The feeling in the back of his mind throbbed. Why was she in the back of his mind? He didn’t claim her when he bit her, and it didn’t feel like a claim. Something totally different, but something nonetheless.

He groaned as he felt pain radiate through his being. He had to get to her and stop what was hurting her. Grabbing a blanket on his way out, he took the sewers and followed the tunnels till he was closest to where Buffy lived. Then he stopped when his hands touched the ladder. He didn’t have an invitation. He had no way of getting into her house, and she probably wouldn’t let him in after what had happened last night. What with her being her old self.

Looking at the ladder eagerly and disappointedly, he stepped away and walked back to the warehouse sluggishly. As he walked, he sent as much reassurance through the link that they had. Tonight he would come and see her. Tonight he would figure out what was going on.

Tonight.

* * * * *

Buffy woke up with a start. She felt someone close, someone she knew. Someone that was important to her. Stretching out her mind, she felt him. Spike. He was close. She was surprised by the feeling of longing that he would come to her. Disappointment reaching to her through the link. Then followed by reassurance, reassurance that everything would be fine.

It calmed her as she felt his emotions swirl through her. She wasn’t alone in this. Something was happening to Spike as well, either good or bad, she didn’t know. She just hoped that Giles would be able to help.

Looking around, she saw Willow staring at her, frowning. “What’s the matter, Buffy?”

Buffy looked down at her friend’s shoes. “Spike. He’s close. I can feel it.” Catching Willow’s eye, she explained. “I don’t know how I know, I just feel his presence somewhere close. I felt his disappointment and then his reassurance.”

“Do you think Spike has something to do with this?” Willow frowned.

Buffy shook her head. “No. I’m positive that if he did do anything, it was unconsciously done.” Her voice was sure and confident.

“We’ll figure out what’s going on Buffy, and we’ll fix it.” Willow laid her hand on the blonde’s arm trying to comfort her.

A part of her, the new part of her, didn’t want to be fixed. The power that she was feeling, and the connection that she felt between her and Spike was something that couldn’t be fixed. She didn’t want it to be fixed.

Then there was the other part of her that was totally wigging out over the whole ordeal. The fact that she couldn’t touch a cross without it hurting her made her feel like a monster. All she ever wanted was to be a normal girl who could go to college and find a normal boyfriend, get married and have two point five kids and a house with a white picket fence. Now she was even more of a freak. She was more demon than human.

“A part of me doesn’t want this to be fixed, Willow.” She whinnied. “While another can’t help but feel more of a freak.”

“I don’t know what to say, Buffy. I guess I can understand a little bit.” She paused for a beat. “Maybe what had changed in you doesn’t want things to change. Then the part that stayed normal… well semi-normal just wants to be a normal girl.”

Buffy nodded in agreement. “Let’s wait till Giles gets here.”

Willow nodded before joining her friend on the couch and they watched some cartoons till the Watcher got there. Some stuff could be healed with some cartoons.

* * * * *

When Giles finally arrived, he didn’t know what to expect. Willow had just told him to come to Buffy’s house immediately and not to tell Xander. He was thinking the worst. But when he walked in and saw the pair watching TV, he let out the breath that he had been holding ever since he had gotten the call.

“What is this about Willow?” He asked.

“Umm….” Willow looked at her friend before speaking. “There’s something different about Buffy.”

“Different? Different how?”

“She’s paler than normal, and her skin is cool to the touch and… and she doesn’t have a reflection.” Giles gasped. Willow hurried to explain. “But she can go out in the sunlight, and-“

“Are you telling me that Buffy is a vampire?”

“No! I mean, we don’t know.” Willow said loudly, getting up from her seat. “I said that she could go out in the sunlight, and her sense of smell is better. But she can’t touch a crucifix.”

Giles looked at his Slayer and saw that she indeed was pale and he had no doubt that she would be cool if he touched her. “Good lord.” Walking into the living room, he plopped into a near by chair. “When did you first notice?” He asked Buffy.

“This morning when I woke up to the smell of pancakes.” Buffy started, wrapping her arms around her knees. “When I came down, Willow said that I looked pale and asked if I was alright. When she touched my forehead, she said that I felt cold.” She took a deep breath. “Then I went to find a mirror and I didn’t see my reflection, I went outside and I didn’t burn or anything. After that, I dug around in my tool chest and my hand hit the cross and it burned.” She held up her hand to show that it was wrapped.

Giles took off his glasses and began to clean them. It seemed like a good idea that Joyce wasn’t going to be home for the next week. This would be really hard for them to explain to the woman.

“Not to get off topic or anything, but, I can feel the magic that I had last night.” Willow said in a small voice. “I can remember a lot of spells and what ingredients go with what…”

“The point?” Giles asked.

“W-Well, if I can remember some stuff, maybe Buffy did too?” Willow said, looking tentatively between the two. “I mean, if it had to do with our costumes, and something was left behind, wouldn’t that have happened to Buffy as well?”

“That would explain where it came from.” Buffy agreed.

Giles looked between the two. It did indeed fit, but why some things and not everything? Sighing, he padded the pockets of his jacket and pulled out a small pad of paper and a pencil and began to jot down some notes.

“Well, I believe that we should run some tests, to see if anything else has changed.” Buffy nodded slowly. Her eyes wandered to the grandfather clock. It was a long time till sunset.

Sighing, she stood up. “So… where do we start?”


TBC




* * * * *
Please review!! I would love it!


Chapter End Notes:
Please review??