Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you like it! This is the last chapter before the end of this story. I'm already working on my next story and will be posting it once I get a few more chapters finished.

Please review when you're finished reading! Thank you.
Fang Fest.


Chapter Seven.


Angel looked between the two blondes in front of him. He didn’t know what to think. The girl that he had possibly loved was in another vampire’s arms. That vampire being his insufferable grandchilde, who was holding the girl like he was protecting her. This had to be a dream. No way would Buffy let Spike hold her like that. But it was no dream, and yet, there they were. Looking at him, one with pleading eyes, and the other with anger swirling in them.

They stood like that for a while. Buffy’s heart the only sound in the room and… wait, Buffy’s heart? “How is that your heart is still beating, yet you have a game face?” Angel asked.

“I-I don’t know. The only reason that Giles, Willow and I could come up with was that when we turned back into our regular selves last night, that something from the spell had stayed with us,” Buffy tried to explain, still in Spike’s arms. “Willow can still remember some of the spells and magic’s from last night as well. I’m not sure about Xander, but I’m guessing that he remembers stuff as well.”

“And what about you?”

Buffy told Angel all that she had told Spike about what had changed, the good and the bad. While she was talking, she and Spike sad down on the bed as Angel stood where he was. Spike’s grip on her loosened now that he knew that Angel wasn’t going to be going after them, but his eyes wouldn’t leave his grandsire’s, not even for a minute.

When Buffy was done telling Angel everything, he sat down in the chair in front of her vanity and ran a hand over his face. “Now what? Is there anything that we can do?”

Buffy shrugged. “I don’t know. Giles will undoubtedly be researching that spell that Ethan did.”

Angel nodded. “Why didn’t you call me?”

“After last night, I didn’t think that you would want to talk to me.” Buffy said in a small voice.

“Even if I didn’t want to talk to you, I would still have liked to know what was going on. I care about you, and want to know if there’s something wrong with you.” He sounded sincere to her hears, and he looked the part as well.

She nodded.

“What I want to know, is why it feels like you’re my childe.” Spike interrupted. He was starting to get sick of this lovey-dovey Angel. It was unnatural for him to witness.

Angel nodded. “I can feel that there’s a new member of the line as well.”

“We don’t have theory about that yet. I guess it might have something to do with last night as well.”

“And with those bite marks on your neck…” Angel’s voice was dark, his anger rising.

“Angel…”

“Don’t, Buffy.” Angel sighed before he got up and walked out of the room.

Buffy watched as he left, feeling like she was a disappointment to him, to a family member. “Don’t worry about him, kitten.” Spike said in her ear. “He’s just upset with me. You’re not to blame for this.”

“Then why do I feel responsible for making him mad?” Buffy hugged herself.

“The ponce just needs some time to cool down and I have a feeling that he will be back and trying to get into your good graces once again.” Spike moved a loose strand of Buffy’s hair behind her ear so he could see her face. “Now, no tears… Spike’s here.” He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight to him. Though he didn’t like his grandsire at all, he knew that Buffy cared for the old man. Yeah he didn’t like it, not one bit, but there was nothing that he could do other than to just be there for her.

It wasn’t long before Buffy had calmed down. She said that she had to go patrolling and that he had better leave before a minion stumbled on them. He agreed and he got dressed, taking his duster this time, and jumped from her window to the backyard.

Getting dressed, she got up and headed out for some patrolling.

It was a slow night. Not a lot of vampires out for dinner tonight, but that didn’t mean that there weren’t any. It seemed that the other vampires could tell that there was something different about her as well. When she had stopped a group of three vamps from feeding on a couple, she was able to tear one of the demons head’s off. His companions had all stared at her in shock as their pal turned to dust. It wasn’t long before they too were particles in the wind.

While she was wondering the cemeteries, she was thinking about the Halloween spell, Spike, and Angel. Her emotions were all in a knot. She was sad that she had hurt Angel, but she liked being with Spike. There was a connection there, she wasn’t about to deny that. The Halloween spell had changed her in a way that she had never though possible. It had started this whole thing, and she didn’t know if she wanted it to be fixed or not.

“Argh!” she yelled in frustration to the sky. Her life was so complicated even before the spell.

An hour later, she decided that there weren’t anymore demons in the cemeteries and decided to go to the Bronze for a moment to check out the scene. Walking in, her vampire senses tingled. Wondering around, she found the sources of the tingle on the balcony overlooking the humans on the dance floor. She was about to go up there when she heard them talking.

“You should have seen her. It was like she had taped into a new power source and is now even more formidable than before,” said one of the three demons. “She’s stronger, faster, and her hearing is better.”

“How do you know?” asked a deep voiced male.

“I saw her fighting a few vampires not half an hour ago,” answered the first. “When one of them was going to ambush her from behind, she just turned around like she heard them and took him out like he was a measly human.”

“I had heard rumors about what had happened last night,” commented the third, a woman – vampire – with a huge frontal rack and a southern accent. “She dressed up like a vampire. Had the teeth and everything. Then when that spell started, she became one of us and started feeding off some humans!”

The group started to laugh. Buffy gritted her teeth. Last night wasn’t one of her shining moments, that was for sure. Though, now that she thought about it, she had to thank Spike yet again from letting her kill more humans than what she had last night. She sighed.

“I guess that plan backfired,” one of them said.

“You could say that again,” one of them chuckled. “Let’s go down and grab something to eat.” The rest agreed, and started to head towards the stairs.

Looking around the rest of the dark balcony, Buffy didn’t see anyone else up there, so she walked up and stood in front of the vampires. She didn’t say anything – which was out of character for her – before she attacked. Which her knew abilities, she was done before she could really enjoy the fight.

She had never been as eager to get into a fight than she had right then. Was this something new as well? The love for fighting, like Spike? She didn’t know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

“Guess I’ll have to ponder on that later,” she said to herself before she walked down onto the main floor, grabbed something from the bar and found an empty table in a dark corner. Here she could survey the crowd, sip her drink, and think about what she was going to do next.

* * * * *

“When am I going to see little miss sunshine?” Dru asked as she brushed Miss Edith’s hair. She and Spike were in their room, her on their bed as she prettied up her friend as Spike paced the room.

It has been a day since he had last seen Buffy, and he was starting to get edgy. She hadn’t been at her house when he last went to go and check it out, and he even lowered himself to go and check to see if she was with the poofter – thankfully she wasn’t. She hadn’t skipped town because his minions were going missing, so she was still slaying.

He didn’t know how he felt about that. His demon didn’t like that his childe was still dusting vampires and killing demons. His human side was glad that she was still trying to be herself even through all the stuff that has happened since Halloween. The only thing that the two sides of him had in common was that they missed their little blondie.

“Whenever she decides to show herself, Dru.” Spike answered his sire.

Dru cocked her head to the side and looked off into space. Turns out that sunshine was on her way here. Grandmummy wants to talk to her first, before she talks to Spike. Continuing her brushing, Dru listened to Miss Edith’s suggestions on how to get Spike out of the warehouse before the girl shows up.

"Spike?"

"Yes, sweetness?" Spike asked, mid pace.

"I'm hungry," whined Dru.

Spike was heading to the door before she even finished. "I'll go and get you something to eat, shall I?" The door shut behind him before she could answer him.

It wasn't five minutes before the slayer walked into the room after dusting the guard at the door. When she saw that Dru was the only on in there, she stopped. "Where's Spike? He was just here a minute ago."

"I asked him to leave so I could talk to sunshine." Dru answered, cradling Miss Edith in her arms before getting up from where she was sitting.

"You wanted to talk to me? Why." Buffy asked, suddenly suspicious.

"I will not be with my sweet Spike for long." said Dru. "The stars tell me that it is time to leave him and go out on my own."

"So you're... what? Giving him to me?" Buffy was still suspicious.

"Yes." She walked closer to the slayer. "He needs his sunshine now. Taken good care of princess, he has, and now he needs to be taken care of by someone else."

Buffy was confused. "You've been with Spike for over a century, and now you're calling it quits?" She frowned. "What does Spike have to say about this?"

"He does not know, but I have a feeling that he won't be cross with me for long."

"I... How do I know that I can trust you?" Was this some twisted way to get her killed? She didn't know, but part of her was believing what the insane vampire was talking about, and the slayer part of her was yelling 'STAKE HER!! STAKE HER!!'

"You don't." Dru said matter-of-factly.

Buffy nodded slowly. "And what about Angel? He isn't too keen on Spike and I having any kind of relationship besides the staking kind."

"I will take care of Angelus. He will not be able to stop what is to happen now." Dru walked back Buffy towards the doors before the slayer stopped her.

"Take care of him how? You're not going to kill him, are you?"

Dru spun around on her heel, suddenly mad as a hatter. "I would never kill daddy!" She hissed.

Buffy held up her hands in surrender. "Ok, ok, no need to get upset, I was just making sure because I don't want him dead either."

Dru settle down almost immediately. "I'm taking him away. Los Angeles, I think. He is needed there more than he is here."

"How will you get him to leave?"

Dru smiled wickedly. "The stars have told me of what is to happen there. So we will go there." She opened the door, but stopped and faced the slayer again. "Spike went to fetch me something to eat. Don't get angry with him. Tell him his dark princess is sorry." That was the last thing that she said before she walked out of the room.

Buffy just stood there, staring at where Dru had been last before she had walked through the door. She could feel Spike making his way back here. What was she going to tell him? How was she going to tell him that Dru, the love of his life, had skipped out on him with the guy he hates the most?

She sighed, plopping down on the bed. "I can't believe that I'm listening to that insane, undead, doll whisperer."

* * * * *

Telling Spike happened to be the easiest thing that she had done all night. It was the getting him to believe that Buffy hadn't killed his sire and for him to listen to her was the hardest. Now that she was done telling him everything that had happened between her and the raven haired vampiress, his look was the hardest thing she could bare.

He looked like he was frozen. Not moving. Not breathing - not that he needed to. And not looking at her. His eyes looked blank and it was breaking Buffy to see him like this.

Laying a hand on his shoulder, Buffy said, "I think she saw something. Something that made her believe that she had to leave you…" she trailed off when Spike started to growl. "She had said that you had taken care of her, and now it was for me to take care of you." she said quietly.

Spike didn't say anything. He just sat there.

His yelling, she could take. Him hitting her, she could take. His swearing in that British language that she had no idea what he was saying, she could deal with. But him not saying a word, not moving, is what was killing her.

"She… She won't be far away. She said she was taking Angel to Los Angeles, where he was needed most. Though how she's going to get him to leave Sunnydale is beyond me."

"What was the last thing that she said?"

Buffy breathed a mental sigh of relief. Finally he was talking. "She said for me to tell you that she was sorry. That your dark princess, was sorry." As much as she disliked calling Dru his, he needed to hear it. Maybe it would get him out of this rut.

Spike stood up, walked through the doors and into another room, and just as the door shut, she could hear the sounds of destruction and roars of pain coming from a heartbroken vampire.






* * * * *
I'm sensing that the next chapter will be the last one of this story. I'm already starting another one that I really like and hope all of you will like as well.

If you like this one, please, please, review. It would be greatly appreciated.
Here's the summary for my next story, please tell me what you think about it:

Buffy Summers was born in 1739 and turned in 1760 (by The Master) - at the age of 21. Now, sometime between Surprise and Innocence (Season 2), she had come to Sunnydale to revenge her maker's death. AU: Buffy was never a slayer and Faith is the slayer.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked it!!