Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own any of the characters in this story. Please don't sue me!!!

As always, reviews and criticism are greatly appreciated!
=)
~~~Chapter One~~~


Elizabeth "Buffy" Summers looked herself over as she turned to see her backside in her full length mirror. Sighing, she spoke to herself, "Well, this is as good as it's gonna get."

She headed to grab her back pack on her bed when a bright shine caught her attention. She walked to her window, looking for the source of the glimmer.

Her eyes zeroed in on a 1958 black DeSoto across the street pulling out of the driveway, "Humph, just another one of the things I have to look forward to in this town...driving."

Buffy had decided a long time ago that she wasn't going to drive in a strange town, at least until she got a feel for the town. She was always afraid she would get lost and have to call her mother to come get her. And she definitely did not want to do that again.

The last time she had to call her mother, she had been completely lost, alone, and scared. Her boyfriend had broken up with her and kicked her out of his car just because she wouldn't put out. He called her a 'no good, slutty, bitch' just because she had to kick him off of her before he did something that she didn't want.

She was sixteen then, now she is seventeen, and much wiser. She had taken RIley's treatment of her that night really hard. And really personal.

She was determined that she would never let another man hurt her like that again and that she would never let herself be put in that type of situation again.

She built a wall around her heart, and a locked, steel cage around the part of her that was able to let her trust people.

It made things difficult whens he wanted to make friends, but especially when guys asked her out, and that happened more often than she would have thought possible.

Being the new girl in town, of course, she was worried that guys would think she was easy. However, she was ready to tell off anyone that would try to take advantage of her.

She grabbed her bag, gave herself a once over of her tight, dark-wash jeans, red tank top, and black flip flops. 'Maybe I should wear my hair up,' she thought as she grabbed a ponytail holder.

"BUFFY! WE'VE GOT TO GO! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LATE FOR YOUR FIRST DAY DO YOU!?" her mother called from the bottom of the stairs.

Sighing, she put the ponytail holder back on her dresser, "Here goes. Buffy Summers, welcome to Sunnydale."


~~~Chapter Two~~~


Buffy walked out of the Principal's office. He was doing his 'First Impression-Meet and Greet' with all the new students, which wasn't many.

She headed towards her first period, not knowing which way she was going. She continued walking as she glanced down at her schedule. 'Psychology 101 with Ms. Miller'.

As she finished reading, she heard a loud smack, followed by people yelling simultaneously, "Fight!" She saw a herd of people walking in a circle towards her.

She glanced in the circle at the two guys fighting. 'Of course,' she thought, 'It's always the guys that are fighting.' She was about to make her way away from the crowd when she saw a guy being punched, and stumbling her way.

He crashed into her, pressing her against the wall with his body. He lifted his head to look at her, "Sorry, luv. You alright?"

She was speechless. This man was absolutely gorgeous. She feared that she wouldn't be able to speak, so she simply smiled and nodded her head.

He smiled at her then, which made Buffy want to melt into his arms and stay there forever, "Good."

Before she knew it, he had turned around to fight the guy that had punched him, delivering several blows to the guy before the Principal and other teachers came to break it up.

They escorted them both away from the crowded hallway and into separate offices. She could hear teachers yelling for them to get to class, but she couldn't seem to move.

She was still leaning against the wall, thinking about the blonde menace that had her pressed there. He was the most beautiful man that she had ever seen.

Blue eyes, that she just wanted to lose herself in forever. 'No, not blue,' she thought, 'Cerulean. Definitely cerulean.'

She finally managed to pull herself away from the wall, heading no where in particular. She looked at her schedule once again, "Room 512."

She looked at the walls, trying to figure out which way the 500 hallway was. When she spotted a white painted "500 Wing →" sign, she followed the arrows.

Looking at the numbers above the doors, she saw her number finally. She took a deep breath and exhaled, "Room 512, Psychology 101, here I come." She turned the knob, opened the door, and went inside ready to face a room full of students sure to be focused on her, the new girl.


~~~Chapter Three~~~


Buffy walked into room 512, expecting all eyes to be on her, the new kid. However, she was surprised to see everyone focused on a couple in the front of the room.

The couple surprised her by what they were doing. They were making out on the teacher's desk, 'What the hell?' Buffy thought.

This couple was making out on the teacher's desk, and everyone was looking, even the teacher! And they weren't getting into trouble. This has got to be one messed up class for this to happen.

The girl had straight blonde hair, seemed to have an athletic build, and from what she could see, her tongue was pierced. The girl's shirt rode up as the guy tightened his hold on her and pulled her closer, exposing the Playboy Bunny belly ring.

The guy had brown hair, kinda shaggy. From what she could tell, he also had his tongue pierced. 'They must be a couple,' she thought from the way that their bodies responded to each other. There is no way that they couldn't be a couple.

SHe heard a ding from one of the bells that you ring to get service for when no one's around. The couple pulled apart from each other, flustered and breathing hard, 'How the hell did they even breathe?' She thought.

She heard the class start clapping and saw the teacher walk towards the front of the class, talking, "Sam and Colton, thank you for that demonstration. Please take your seats and try to restrain yourselves from each other."

The class laughed. The teacher looked her way, "Well, seems we have a visitor. Can I help you, sweetie?"

Buffy smiled at the teacher, "Um, I hope so. I'm Buffy Summers, new student. My schedule says Psychology 101 with Ms. Miller in room 512. Am I in the right place?"

She smiled, "Yes, you are. I'm glad to have you hear, Buffy. I hope we didn't frighten you when you first arrived in our room. If you will have a seat in the back next to Sam, that would be great and we could get you caught up in the class."

Buffy smiled and made her way to the back of the class to the suggested seat. She sat down and smiled when the girl that had been in the 'demonstration' turned to her, "Hi, I'm Sam. You're new here?"

Buffy decided that she liked this girl, "I'm Buffy. Yeah, I'm new. What was going on when I first came into the class? If that had happened in my last class, everyone would have been suspended."

Sam smirked, "Oh, my boyfriend, Colton, and I were doing a demonstration on how the body and mind interact and react when something intimate is happening. We took the chance to demonstrate it to get extra credit points," pause, "Plus, we got to make out for like, ten minutes."

Before Buffy could respond, the door opened and in stepped the guy that she had seen fighting, the guy that had filled her thoughts for the last twenty minutes. The same guy that had her pressed against the wall, with the most erotic voice in the world.

The teacher's voice snapped her out of her reverie, "William, it's so good to see that you decided to come to class today."

He gave her a soft smile, which told her that he knew exactly how to play the teacher to make it into the 'don't get into trouble' list, "Sorry, Ms. Miller. I had a bit of trouble with some guy who wanted to get into a fight. It won't happen again. Promise."

She gave him a smile, "Of course, well, go a head and take your seat. We've got a new student. Her name is Buffy. She'll be sitting on the other side of Sam, please make her feel welcome. Don't try to cause any trouble."

He smiled and headed to his seat as Ms. Miller continued talking about the psychological addiction that our bodies get when the experience pleasure of some sort.

Spike took his seat next to Buffy, smiling at her. Buffy thought her stomach was going to explode right out of her body. This man had the most gorgeous smile that she had ever seen.

She wasn't really paying attention to the teacher, but pretended she was, when a folded piece of paper landed on her desk in front of her. She picked up the paper, quietly unfolding it.

'You're new here, luv?'

Instantly knowing who it was from, she smiled, picking up her pencil, she wrote, 'Yeah. Just moved here. I'm Buffy.' Once finished, she folded the note and passed it back to him.

After a few minutes, he sent it back, 'I'm Spike. Welcome to Sunnydale, pet. I know that we haven't talked all that much, but would you like to cut next block and go get some coffee or something with me?'

She thought for a moment, knowing that he was watching her. She wrote, 'Sure. Why not. Got nothing to lose. Meet you in front of the school after class. I've got to go to my locker and drop off this stuff. See you there.'

When she passed the note back, she had made perfect timing, the bell began to ring, and she bolted from her seat, hoping that he wasn't joking. She ran to her locker, dumping her stuff in there, before heading to the front of the school.

When she got there, he was waiting for her. He smiled, "I almost thought you weren't coming, luv."

She smiled back, giving him that star smile, "Of course I came, said I would. Now, where to?"

He grabbed her hand, pleased that she didn't pull it away, walking out the front door, headed towards his car, "Great little place called the Espresso Pump. Been there?"