Author's Chapter Notes:
Because I've been having serious computer problems. This chapter is Un-Beta'ed. I apolise in advance for any mistakes.
Masquerades
Chapter 3: There’s a new Girl in Town.

Buffy stood in front of the entrance of Sunnydale High, Her blonde hair blowing slightly from the gentle breeze. Putting her nervousness to the back of her mind determined not to let it get to her, she wasn’t that person anymore. Elizabeth Summers had been replaced with Buffy. It wouldn’t do for her to be acting like she had before no matter how easily she could still slip in to her previous traits.

She briefly wondered what Willow would think of her new personality and look and couldn’t keep herself from wondering what Spike would have thought, if she had told him, if she had warned him what she was like now. If she had told him she was on her way back to Sunnydale.

Of course she hadn’t, she’d resisted the temptation to tell him. Even though they had become close in her absence she had known that it would have been better to not tell him, not yet. Even though she’d almost told him the last time they were chatting online.

Buffy had been sitting in her bedroom, at her dad’s house, looking through her emails, smiling when she saw she had two new emails from Willow and one from Spike. Just when she was about to click on the most recent one from Willow an IM window popped up.

PunkSpike017: Evening, Luv.

Buffy’s smile widened as she began to type her reply, she had become used to her evening chats with Spike.

LizzyAnne: Hi Spike, not out tonight?

PunkSpike017: Didn’t feel like it tonight.

LizzyAnne: You not feeling up to going out? Who are you and what have you done with Spike?

PunkSpike017: Bloody hilarious you are, pet. Can’t a bloke want to stay in without a motive?

LizzyAnne: Fine I’ll stop teasing…you big baby.

PunkSpike017: You wound me, pet.

LizzyAnne: Yeah, Yeah. How’s the girlfriend?

PunkSpike017: Dru’s fine, If not a bit…temperamental.

LizzyAnne: Trouble in paradise?

PunkSpike017: Not yet, but I can’t help but feel like it’s coming.
LizzyAnne: I’m sure it’ll be fine Spike.

PunkSpike017: Yeah, plus if thing don’t work out with Drusilla, I could always date you.

LizzyAnne: You wish.

PunkSpike017: Actually…I think we’d make a cute couple, few drinks down the bronze, skipping classes, kissing in-between classes. You know normal couple stuff.

LizzyAnne: You’re a bad influence Mr.Giles.

PunkSpike017: OI! Would you stop calling me by my surname you’re like a teacher. Miss. Summers. But I suppose I am a bad influence on you. Maybe you should stop talking to me?

LizzyAnne: Nah, I’ll take my chances…I’d probably miss your British humour too much.

PunkSpike017: Yeah, sure you only talk to me for my British humour, it has nothing to do with my good looks or intelligence.

LizzyAnne: hmmm…nope, don’t think so.

PunkSpike017: Bloody tease.

LizzyAnne: Aww want me to kiss it and make it better?

PunkSpike017: Now who’s being the bad influence?

LizzyAnne: Well, I can always blame you for bringing it out in me.

PunkSpike017: hmm, suppose you could, you were all innocent before I got my hands on you.

LizzyAnne: Yeah, right. Whatever helps you sleep at night Spike.

PunkSpike017: How’s L.A?

LizzyAnne: Same as usual.

PunkSpike017: Any news on when you’re coming back to, Sunnyhell yet?

LizzyAnne: You always ask that and the answer is always the same. No plans of returning yet.

PunkSpike017: And I’ll keep asking until I get an answer I like.

LizzyAnne: Well you’ll be asking for a while longer then.

PunkSpike017: I suppose I might be.

LizzyAnne: Somehow, I doubt that. I have to go I’ll talk to you soon.

LizzyAnne Signed of at 19:39pm

Buffy sighed. She had lied to Spike in fact she was going to move back to Sunnydale in one week. Buffy had shut her laptop and gone downstairs.

Now she was here. Buffy looked at the high school entrance, squashing any doubts. Drawing in a deep breath Buffy walked inside.

The halls were filled, her eyes raked over the forms in the hallway. She couldn’t help the pine scent from the air freshener, mixed with the various scents from the perfume and aftershaves of the students walking past her. Wafting up her nose. Sounds were all around her banging from the lockers being shut, other students yelling and laughing across the hallway.

A guy stood against a locker talking to his girlfriend, the cheer squad were conversing about new moves and cheers, the jocks were currently flirting with every girl in sight who would pay them some attention, which were quite a large amount of girls as you could imagine. Gathering up her courage she lifted her head high, kept her back straight and began her walk down the long hallway. She gave dirty looks to the cheerleaders as she rounded a corner turning to the principal’s office.

She almost froze leaning against the wall, waiting for the principal was Spike. Buffy carried on walking, taking a seat. Forcing herself to look anywhere else but him, although she couldn’t quite stop herself from sneaking glances at him ever so often.

Her breath caught in her throat as his eyes landed on her. He stared for a minute tilting his eyes slightly his eyes raking up and down her form. “Hello, Luv.” He pushed off the wall, prowling towards her. Taking a seat beside her he seemed to look right through her for a minute before his mouth curled in to a grin. “Been here long then?”

Buffy shook her head. “Not really.” Buffy watched as his eyes never left her. “Nice lil makeover you’ve done, Goldilocks can’t fool the people who remember you though.”

Buffy stood up. “What do you mean?” She was sure it’d work no one was supposed to recognise her.

Spike gave her a look. “You honestly think I wouldn’t remember you after almost a year of getting to know you? Tell me luv, what was one of the things I ever said to you?” Spike asked, fighting the urge to smirk as she shrugged. “I do believe it was that you were different…a good different, with a Victorian name fit for a lady.” Spike got up walking towards her stopping in front of her, brushing her cheek with his hand as he gave her a gentle smile. “Hello Elizabeth.”


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked. Please Review.