Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I took so long to update, My comp is all fixed now so hopefully It won't take me as long next time.

Thanks to my wonderful beta Dawnofme for the stunning banner!
Incredulous, Buffy gazed at Spike, who continued to lean against the wall outside the principal’s office. She asked, “How did you know it was me?” Watching as Spike shrugged.

“Couldn’t forget you even if I wanted to, Pet. Now Elizabeth why wouldn’t you tell me you were coming back?” He asked.

Buffy stared before she continued speaking. “I just… I don’t know, I’m just different now. I’ve changed. I didn’t know how to tell you. I made myself over cause I felt like it. It sounds kind of… silly when you say it out loud like that. I didn’t tell you I’d be back because…well I don’t know but I missed you and I was intending to come and talk to you…eventually,” Buffy babbled.

Spike nodded. “Right, so you wanted to be different then? Because the way I saw it you were perfect just the way you were. I can’t lie and say you don’t look gorgeous or that I’m not glad to see you because you do and I am. Bit of warning might be nice next time though, yeah?”

“Yeah, if I ever go away and change something about myself I’ll tell you.” Buffy agreed. “So do I get to meet this girlfriend of yours then?”

Spike shook his head, smirking wryly. “Ex-Girlfriend, Luv. It’s kind of the reason why I’m here.” Spike corrected, sitting back down.

“What happened?” Buffy gazed at him intently as she took a seat next to him.

Spike sighed. “Dru wasn’t as fond of me as I was of her apparently. I found her this morning; she was fucking that bloody poncy bastard. Drusilla saw me knew what I was seeing and she just…kept right on. Course the bastard was bragging about it.” With a sneer on his face. Spike clenched his jaw. “I got pissed off and I got in to a fight, so now I’m here because Liam ‘o’ bloody Conner’s dad. Of course is threatening to file assault charges unless the school punishes me.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Drusilla must be pretty stupid. Everyone knows what Liam is like. He’s an ass and he’s a jerk. I’d much prefer you to him. I’m sorry Spike. I know it probably hurts like hell.” She clasped Spike’s hand in hers.

Spike looked her, his lips curved in a smirk. “Thanks, luv. Always knew you wanted me.” At Buffy’s look he shrugged. “I’m just repeating what you just said. You want me.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow. “I’m not that desperate and you’re not that lucky.” She said it with a lack of venom as usual when her and Spike bantered. The principal came out calling for Spike; Buffy gave him a gentle smile and a good luck. The principal turned back to her and told her that she was dismissed.

Buffy shrugged and she walked out of the area, jogging up the stairs. She headed for the library and opening one of the doors, she heard the creak as it swung back after she’d entered the library.

She walked up the stairs to the upper level where the stacks were and in the middle of them was a table. She approached it, smiling as she stood in front of it. She’d found the person she had been looking for. She cleared her throat, startling the familiar redhead, making her look up. She smirked, her arms crossed.

“Heya, Wills.” She greeted.

Willow’s eyes widened in surprise, she jumped out of her seat tightly hugging her now blonde best friend.

“Lizzy!” She cried. Willow pulled back looking over her friend with a smile. “You look…Wow! You’re so different. Yet you haven’t changed that much at all!” Willow exclaimed.

Buffy smiled. “Thank you Willow. You look good better then good and…you’re wearing the necklace I sent you for your birthday. You liked it then?” Buffy asked referring to the silver chain with a pentagram charm hanging from it.

Willow nodded. “I love it. I don’t think I’ve taken it off since I got it. Spike said you had nice taste and that it suited me when he saw it, and that’s not the only compliment I got about it either.” Willow said in a rush, gently touching the pendant hanging from the silver chain.

Buffy tilted her head slightly and let her mouth hang open before asking. “Spike talked to you?” Buffy asked.

Willow nodded. “Yeah, not too long after you left, some jocks were being jerks. You know knocking my books out of my hands and stuff Spike told them to go away. Well there was a lot more swearing involved but that’s Spike I suppose, and I thanked him and I ended up getting asked to tutor him a bit in some areas of Mathematics.

I think it just bores him because he can do the sums. It’s just getting him to concentrate. Anyway we got to talking and it came up that we both knew you. So we are sort of friends now, it was nice having someone to watch my back when you were gone. I can’t wait till he sees you.”

Willow stopped, seeing Buffy’s look. “He’s already seen you? Did he know you were coming back? Because you didn’t tell me so…You didn’t tell him? I bet he was surprised to see you although he’s in trouble for something again. It’s something to do with that skanky girlfriend of his.”

Buffy turned to Willow, looking at her partly in astonishment and partly in shock. “Meow Wills,” she teased. “And no. No one knew I was coming back, so don’t worry, you’re still my favourite.” Buffy smiled and bumped Willow’s elbow with her own. She helped Willow gather her books.

Buffy sighed as the bell rang. “Best get going then.”

Buffy and Willow began walked towards class. Unfortunately because their class was two floors up from where they were, they got to the classroom late. Walking in, they found two seats had been saved for them by none other then Spike Giles. He smirked as he turned seeing them walk in.

Sitting there bold as brass. Willow grabbed the seat on the right, leaving Buffy to sit in the middle, between Spike and Willow. Buffy pulled out her chair taking her seat. She placed her notepad, and pen and pencil in front of her and was glad the teacher did not comment about her and Willow’s late entrance.

She was interrupted from jotting down something for later by feeling Willow passing something to Spike. He opened up the paper, quickly writing something before he folded the paper up again and as stealthy as one can pass a note, he placed it right on her notepad. Buffy sighed as she glanced at the square of paper. She grabbed it, checking the teacher’s attention was elsewhere so she wouldn’t get caught. She opened it up, not being able to hold back a smile as she read what it said.

Welcome back Elizabeth.

Love Willow xx
And William. xx


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please feed my muse with Feedback!