Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes i know I've been making you wait for a while for this. I had a very bad case of Writers Block. Which i would not have been able to get over without my brilliantly superb Beta-reader DawnOfMe.

Thank You, Hun this chapter is for you!
For the readers of my other fic Love & Desire Chapter 3 is coming soon it just has to be beta'd properly so it should be up within the next few days.

Also thank You to everyone who reviewed Last time.
Elizabeth could scarcely believe her eyes. Of all the people to see her trip and scatter her books, it had to have been him.

“Thank you,” she managed to say after a few seconds of her mind whirling.

She started to get up. Almost tripping, she would have fallen back to the floor if Spike hadn’t grabbed her by the forearms to keep her steady. He smirked at her.

“You’re welcome, luv. Bit clumsy though, aren’t you?”

This girl strangely intrigued him. She seemed like just one of the regular geeks at the school, though there was something about her that Spike couldn’t quiet put his finger on.

Elizabeth got a bit defensive at his statement. “Yeah, I suppose I am. Can’t all be graceful though, can we?”

Elizabeth realised that she had snapped at him, but couldn’t quite bring herself to apologise or even want to. She tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear; the other hand holding her books.

“I think I’m steady enough for you to let go now.”

Spike realised her hadn’t yet released her of his grasp. He let go of her slowly, not in any rush. Tilting his head to the side slightly as a grin crept over his handsome face, he let his eyes wander, raking her up and down in appreciation of her form and casually slipping his hands in to the pockets of his jeans.

“Sure thing, pet. Just try not to slip again. Not that I mind grabbing you. Just don’t want to make a habit of it, is all.”

Elizabeth shrugged. “Well thanks but I should go…I’ve got class.”

Elizabeth moved to her locker, which was coincidently just a few feet away from where she’d slipped. She opened her locker and placed the books in, trying to ignore the fact Spike was now leaning against the locker next to hers.

Spike watched as this girl put her books away. “What’s your name, luv?” he asked, genuinely wanting to know.

She closed her locker, turning towards Spike. “Elizabeth…My name’s Elizabeth.”

Spike nodded. It seemed to fit her. “Well you do seem different Elizabeth…good different, but different all the same, with a Victorian name fit for a lady,” Spike said with sincerity.

She knew she was blushing. “Thank you, William. Your name seems to fit too.”

Elizabeth was uncertain about her calling him by his real name and she tried to figure out Spike’s reaction. She felt maybe it was a tad much calling him William, but she felt it was the right moment.

Spike raised an eyebrow as he heard her speak his name, not his nickname but the actual name that his mother had given him. “You’re welcome, though I have to ask, how do you know my name?”

Elizabeth shrugged. “You’re uncle mentioned it in passing once, not so long ago. I just kind of remembered it.”

Buffy internally groaned as she heard the bell ring, unwilling to leave. She wanted to skip class so she could keep talking to him.

Spike glanced at the clock and said, “Don’t suppose you feel like skipping out? It is the last lesson after all. The teachers tend to keep nothing going on with the last lesson. Just some copying outta books.”

Elizabeth laughed. Looking back at the direction she would have to go to get to her class. She was tempted and stood there trying to decide between being not so good just once, at least, before she left or doing what she always did and stuck to what she should do.

“I shouldn’t…I mean it’s class; I’m supposed to go. That’s what they’re for; to bore you out of your mind.”

Spike pushed off the lockers. “If you’re sure.” Spike conceded, rolling his eyes at himself. He knew he had to make a last ditch effort. “Come on, luv, ya know you want to.”

Elizabeth nodded. “I do. Has anyone told you that you’re a bad influence?” Elizabeth asked, falling in to step beside Spike.

Spike shrugged, turning towards her. “What can I tell you baby? I’ve always been bad.” Spike watched her reaction for a minute before carrying on walking until they got to the backfield. He took a seat on the wall, lighting up a cigarette. His eyes hardly left Elizabeth. He grinned again as she took a seat right next to him. “So what’s the verdict, kitten? Still think you should be in lesson?”

Elizabeth smiled, swinging her legs slightly and trying not to blush at the fact he had just called her kitten. She had to get over the embarrassment thing with him.

“I know I should be in lesson, but this is so much better. Well at least a little bit.”

Spike shook his head. “You do realise you are one of the most complicated people I’ve met, don’t you?”

Spike watched Elizabeth as he smoked his cigarette. It was a good thing that he liked a challenge, because figuring this girl out was going to be one hell of one.

They talked back and forth asking questions, making each other laugh until Elizabeth glanced at her watch and realised she would miss her bus if she didn’t go soon. She looked at Spike and that was her downfall. She’d felt such a connection with him. She couldn’t walk away without anything. She wanted more then just this one meeting, even if she was going to Los Angeles to have a fresh start. She took out a pen and wrote her number on it and offered it to Spike.

She had to go but she wanted to explain. “I’m leaving today…I won’t be coming back-- not for a while anyway-- but call me okay? I mean if you want to. I just…I have to go,” Elizabeth tried to explain.

Spike felt a pang of disappointment that they were parting so soon but soon got over it and she handed him her phone number. He took her pen and wrote his number, email and Instant Messaging screen name on the page, tearing it in to two halves the half with his details and the half with her number.

“There ya go, luv. Don’t keep me waiting too long will ya?” Spike commented, giving her a wink before walking towards the main entrance of the school and tucking his piece of paper in to his pocket.

Elizabeth just made it through the door of her home. She rang a taxi and waiting for it to arrive, she picked up her handbag, placing the piece of paper Spike had given her inside it. Elizabeth re-fastened her bag, placing the strap on her left shoulder, carried her two suitcases out of the house and locked the door.

Elizabeth breathed a sigh of relief when the taxi arrived. She made her way over to the taxi placing her suitcases in the back and getting in., but kept the handbag with her. The car ride was short, so they arrived at the bus station quite fast. Elizabeth got out of the car and the driver helped her take her belongings to the bus.

She was running slightly late but she’d made it just in time before the bus took off. She put the suitcases in the luggage compartment, once again keeping her handbag with her. She picked a seat in the middle section of the bus and looking out the window, she smiled as the bus took off.

Goodbye old life and hello new.


Chapter End Notes:
Please Feed my muse Feedback makes me write faster. :)