Disclaimer: Joss owns all blah blah blah!!!






“Wesley we’re faced with strong forces here, you know that…Cordelia suffered with those visions, why would the powers be calling them here?” Angel questioned his fellow workers. Gunn, Wesley and Lorne were spread in his office looking at their boss with no explanations.

“I hate to break it to ya sweet cheeks but we kinda knew that Wolfram and Hart weren’t all puppies and kittens when we signed on” Lorne replied staring at Angel knowing he was having a bad feeling about all this. He could read him so easily and he also felt his pain at seeing Buffy again.

“Lorne's right” Gunn put in “ now it only suggests that some bad shit is going down and obviously we need Buffy’s help… why else would the powers send her?”

“That’s true” Wesley took over, “but why call her friends as well? Whatever wants Buffy here also wants all of us too.”

“Er guys…” Fred coughed poking her head round the door, now that she was the only girl in their group she felt as though she had to manage them all. The mother figure in their life’s, although the way she looked at Wesley she wanted there to be more. She could never read him and she did not know whether he felt their connection too.
“Buffy’s coming in a minute, and I think it would be better if she didn’t have all the entourage...she’s in a fragile state at the moment”

The guys followed Fred’s orders and trailed out of the office leaving Angel to ponder his own thoughts.

He heard a gentle tapping on the door and stood to see Buffy walk in, he tried the best he could to put on a smile, but all he could think of was Spike all over his girl.

“Angel, you wanted to see me?” Buffy started, knowing that if she didn’t an awkward silence would take over.

“Uh…yeah” Angel stuttered he had gone off into a dream world in his head, as he was lost in the beauty of Buffy. He always knew that he would love her and he had always thought she would love him, but now he was so confused he did not know what to make of anything. “The messages… well we’ve found out that they are from the powers that be”

“Um…Angel…” Buffy wore a slight grin on her face, “I…kinda already knew that”

“Oh…”

“Its just they told me who they were when they first appeared to me, but I didn’t think you could…you know…communicate with them?”

“Oh well…we can gain access to the Oracles. They’re the closest we can get to the powers…don’t you remember about four years ago when I became…” Angel stopped himself as he was about to tell Buffy all about their wondrous day. When Angel had finally been granted his wish and became human. Only to find out that if he was to take it back, Buffy would have no recollection of that day. The price he had to pay…knowing what could have been. The burden he had carried for all this time, five years of knowing that at one point in their lives they had been what she always wanted. A normal girl falling asleep in the arms of her normal boyfriend, all that seemed such a distant memory now.

“What Angel?” Buffy asked confused as to why he had stopped to tell her the rest of his story.

Shocked that he had let this slip out he tried his best to cover it up, he knew that if Buffy was to know it would break her heart.
“Oh nothing…I just thought of someone else” he replied meekly. Hoping that this would be enough for Buffy and to hopefully move on to another topic.

“Why are you lying to me Angel?” Buffy asked. She could always sense when he was lying to her and she didn’t like why he was hiding something. Although they had grown apart she had always thought they would be there for one another.

How did she do that? How did she know when he was lying, all he wanted now was to let this go, he didn’t think he could deal with telling her, the pain of keeping this to himself had been too great, he did not want to hurt her also.

“I’m not” Angel lied again. His mind was filled with uncertainty, shall he continue to lie to Buffy, pretend that the day, which meant everything to him, was the one she never even remembered? Or should he tell her?

To finally let all the pain out.

To not having to deal with the memories which taunt him at night anymore.

To finally share that day and hopefully for her to remember any small significant thing.

Was he hoping for too much?
Did he really expect her to remember?
Why would she…and why would she even care now?
She has Spike, how much it hurt him to even think of them two together. Why would Buffy go with him?
Why would she…?
Wait…. A thought came to Angel and he really hoped it would work, it was risky but if it went right, Buffy would be his again.
If he told her.
If he told her all about that day, when they had kissed in the sunlight and they had made love, many times, and for her to fall asleep listening to his heartbeat. Maybe, just maybe her feelings for him would reemerge and she would leave Spike for him. Then he wouldn’t have to hear the noises of his love being pleasured by the person he hates the most.

“Bullshit!” Buffy exclaimed, why was he lying to her? What could be so bad? Buffy didn’t like to think about it, she had been through too much pain and too much weirdness to have it blow right back in her face again.

“Buffy I…” Angel barely whispered, “I…I need to tell you something…please jus sit down and listen” he pleaded to her as he lead her to the couch and took a seat. Buffy still stood trying to read Angel’s face for any sign of what he was about to tell her.
“Please” he whispered, holding Buffy’s hand persuading her to sit down, she gently nodded her head and sat next to Angel.

“ So… tell me what’s this all about,” Buffy asked.

“Okay…I need to tell you this…four years ago after thanksgiving. When you came I…”

Angel looked into her eyes and was prepared to tell her the entire story when Harmony burst in
“ Boss Fred wants you down in the lab straight away.”

“Harmony not now” Angel gritted his teeth, something always had to go wrong.

“She says its about the um…oracles meeting?”
Angel let out a deep sigh, even though he didn’t need to the frustration was plain to see on his face, he turned to Buffy who was already standing.
“You can tell me later Angel…our main focus right now is why we’re here.”

Annoyed Angel rose also and led Buffy out of his office, he attempted a smile as he did so but both Buffy and himself knew it was unsuccessful.


~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

Stepping out of the elevator into the lab Angel and Buffy were greeted by Fred, Giles, Olivia, Willow and Xander.

“Hey guys” Buffy greeted them hugging each in turn. “Where’s the others?” she asked.

“Well Kennedy’s resting…” Willow smiled “she was kinda tired, she seemed exhausted from last night! All the se…um the car journey…yes! All the roads and the driving and the you know um …uh… hmm” Willow stumbled,

“Gee Will’s!” Xander teased “its amazing how many shades of red your turning right about now!”

This only made the poor embarrassed Willow turn an even brighter shade of crimson, and duck behind Buffy in shield of her face.
“Ah don’t worry Will,” Buffy soothed, stroking her best friends hair, “he’s only jealous cause he ain’t getting any!” she chirped, grin from ear to ear, she let out a little laugh at her own joke.

Now it was Xanders time to turn a shade of bright pink. It wasn’t because of Buffy’s comment; no he would have already been spitting out a comeback right about now. It’s just… it brought back home truths about Anya. His Anya. He has not had sex since that last night he and Anya did before the big show down in good ol' Sunny’D. Xander had tried to promise himself that at least 5minutes in the day he wouldn’t think of her. And thanks to Buffy’s comment this day had been just as screwed up as the others for the past five months.

At Xanders silence, the group was worried, never had it taken this long for Xander Harris to think of a comeback. He used to dish them out before the other person even said anything. Buffy was sure he would sit at night and just think them up!
“Xander…are you okay…look I didn’t mean what I said I was jus…”

“No…Buff…don’t worry its nothing to do with you its just me…my problems” he sighed as all his energy seeped out of him and he looked a deflated man. “I’m just gonna go upstairs…need a bit of fresh air.”

He made his way to the elevator his head hung low and Buffy heart went out for her friend. It was devastating to know that the person you love has been taken away from you forever; luckily for Buffy she and Spike had been given a second chance. Why had she run out like that? What was he thinking? She knew he had changed but yet there was always a doubt in her mind but now she knew. He was a good man he has a soul. He loves her and she loves him…it was clear to her now.

“I’m gonna go with him” Willow shook Buffy out of her thoughts, resting a reassuring hand on her shoulder. Buffy just smiled in response, as she looked upon her two best friends, who had been through so much pain.

They didn’t deserve it.

She turned to face her remaining friends, and her eyes fell upon her watcher.

‘Poor Giles’, she thought, ‘he looks so tired, I can’t believe he’s still here, looking out for me.’

Angel broke the silence and was ready to get down to business, “ So Fred, what’s going on?”

Fred quickly went into scientist mode, in her white lab coat and goggles on the top of her head she looked quite the part.

“Well from what you told me Angel, from your last visit your friend, Doyle is it?” Fred asked.

Angel nodded his agreement and Fred carried on, “ well he went through certain channels, which luckily he noted down, and we were able to dig them up from all your old paper work.”

“So are you saying you can get us there?” Giles put in, standing upright with a protective arm around Olivia, whilst with the other adjusting his glasses. Typical Giles.

“Precisely” Fred smiled so engaged in her work a smile stretching from ear to ear, she continued, “we are able to send Angel to talk to them and hopefully find out what’s going on and why you guys are here!”

“Wait… if Angel’s going, I’m going” Buffy protested.

“Look Buffy I don’t think that’s wise, you don’t know these guys I do” Angel objected. He was not gonna risk the oracles saying anything.

“Excuse me… you do not own me Angel, you don’t know what’s best for me. I do. And besides I’m the one who got the vision you didn’t!”

“Um…Buffy” a quiet voice spoke up “I believe I got one also”

“Giles, I’m not risking you.” Buffy turned to face him, giving him a reassuring smile “Besides me and Angel can take care of this”

“Yeah and Giles only warriors can enter so…” Angel trailed off.

“See don’t worry me and Angel have it all under control, we’ll do it together”

“Not bloody likely…I’m coming along for the ride!”
Everyone turned towards the elevator to see who had just spoke. Angel let out an irritated sigh,
“Great…”



~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~


A/N: please review if you enjoyed! and also if u didnt!!! lol!!!