Discliamer: Joss and me fought over it and he finally admited i own Buffy and Spike....
*Joss whacks me in the jaw*
Okay okay its his!!!


~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

“Xander!”
Willow called out trying to catch up with her upset friend, she had never seen him this bad since they cancelled Charlie Brown at Christmas, he was so upset he didn’t get to do his little Snoopy dance.

Xander sat outside, sitting on the steps he held his head in his hands, and propped his chin up, he seemed to be staring into nothing, like the life had been sucked from his body. He noticed Willow slide in beside him and copy his pose. Facing him she smiled,
“ Are we gonna do this all day? Cause my skins not a fan of direct sunlight!”

Xander smiled into his hands but still stared blankly ahead, he didn’t know why but lately his head had been swimming in thoughts of Anya. Memories, moments such wonderful times that it ached, it physically hurt him. Before he knew it he was beginning to gently sob, Willow noticed his tears and pulled him into a tight embrace.

Wrapping their arms around each other Willow cradled him, shushing him into his hair trying to calm him,
“Come on Xand…ssssshh…it’ll all be better I promise”

“How can you? She's gone”
Xander stifled resting his head on her shoulder. Willow didn’t know how to answer. What could she say? He knew the truth she had to face it not that long ago also. Anya, just like Tara died a natural death, if she was to bring her back it could have been horrific and just leave Xander in more pain then he already was.

She didn’t answer him her only response was her soft humming, like a lullaby, gently rocking him back and forth. But instead of it being a soothing lullaby, it was the song from that night when music had filled Sunnydale and dance took over their bodies.
“Where do we go from here?”

She gently whispered.
Somehow he was feeling calmer just being in the arms of his best friend. Slowly lifting up he smiled and kissed her forehead,

“Thank you.” He told her.


“What for?” she replied, she had said nothing, she remained confused and her face showed that.

Xander let out a soft chuckle and brought her in for one last hug,
“For just being you”
He smiled and took her hand and they walked back into the building, leaving their emotions outside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You’re not coming Spike!” aggravation in his voice Angel growled at the bleach blonde.

“Shut up you ponce, of course I bloody well am” spike argued back.

“Now Spike I suggest we just all calm down and-” Giles started before he was rudely interrupted.

“ Rupert just stay out of it all right its between me and Captain Forehead!” Spike protested pointing a finger at Angel he continued “I heard you! That only champions can go to this secret thing? Well I got my soul, bloody worked hard for it too, I think that puts me high in the bloody rankings!” shoving his finger in Angels chest he emphasized his point. “ All you were was unfortunate, friggin gypsies cursed ya, its not like you wanted it or worked for it. So I think that gives me more right than any to go…don’t you?” he cocked his head as he stared at each of his audience in turn. All eyes were on him, shunned in silence.

“Spike’s coming” she piped out, if she was going he needed to be there too. She couldn’t do this without him; he had always been there for her, her rock, her comforter. She didn’t know what she would do if he weren’t with her.

Spikes eyes fell upon her and they questioned her, speaking with their eyes they seemed to be having their own private conversation.

“Buffy I…” Angel started but knew he would not be able to persuade her, she was a strong woman who knew what she wanted and she wasn’t gonna let any one change that or tell her what to do.

Facing him head on Buffy broke Spikes gaze and glared at Angel, “Spikes coming” she repeated.

Turning to leave she stepped in the elevator, holding the door open so she could say her last words, “get everyone to your office for one, we’ll leave then. Be ready” she told them before the doors closed and she left the basement.

“Goodie! An outing!” Spike mused rubbing his hands together gleefully.

Angel just growled and rolled his eyes as he gave the order for Fred to round up the group and punched the elevator button with great force.



By one the large group of 15 had assembled into Angels office and chatting rather loudly.

“Guys!” he tried to get their attention but could not be heard over their talking, “Um Guys!” he tried a bit louder, still failing.

“OY!!” Spike yelled silencing everyone in the room, “no need for thanks” he teased Angel and sat down in his chair swinging his legs up onto Angel’s desk, knowing it would piss him off.

“Uh...yeah well me, Buffy and Spike” he gritted his teeth as he said the last name, “we are going to the Oracles, hopefully finding out why most of you were brought here.”

“So only you three get to go? I’m a slayer too you know, plus I got the annoying message to come here!” the brunette exclaimed. Buffy had always been the good slayer getting all the praise while she just stood there and was pushed aside. Is it any wonder she turned evil?

“So who actually got these messages any ways?” Robin asked, with his arms wrapped tight around his girlfriend’s waist, his slayer was so strong and he loved that about her.

Xanders hand shot up as Willow slowly raised hers also, as did Buffy, Giles and Faith.

“So just the five of you?” Olivia mentioned, she had been so quiet throughout this trip that no one had even really noticed she was there. “So did any of you get it?” she asked referring to Angel and his co-workers. Who all shook their heads.

“So there’s a definite connection to Sunnydale” Buffy noted as she was trying to figure this out in her head. Her mind was blocked and filled with not very useful images of Spike naked, although she enjoyed them very much…No bad Buffy! Erase thoughts! Erase thoughts! Or at least just put them away for now! She mused to herself, noticing everyone was looking at her she attempted a slight smile, “well no point in hanging around, lets just get there and find out what they want with us”

The trio walked out of Angel’s office and stepped into the elevator, which led to the sewers. Places like these did not hold fond memories for Buffy or Angel. The sewers was where Angel had broken up with Buffy all those years ago, she could still feel the pain of when her heart had broken in two as he told her he didn’t want her, that he didn’t want them to work.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Don't what? Don't love you?” she pleaded “I'm sorry. You know what? I didn't know that I got a choice in that. I'm never gonna change. I can't change. I want my life to be with you.”
“I don't.” Angel replied harshly.
Buffy felt her whole world crumbling around her as the man she loved was saying he didn’t want her. “You don't want to be with me? I can't believe you're breaking up with me.”
“It doesn't mean that I don’t...”
“How am I supposed to stay away from you?” she asked, closed to tears her breath caught in her throat and she felt like she couldn’t breathe.
“I'm leaving.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy shuddered as the all too clear memory filled her mind; she pushed it away and reminded herself that that wasn’t the life she wanted anymore. She didn’t want Angel anymore; she had the one she loved. Staring up at Spike, she knew she had found her soul mate, they had not spoken since the incident in her room. But no words were needed as she slipped her hands in Spike’s. He looked down and entwined their fingers together giving Buffy a thankful smile, before lowering his head once more.
Angel noticed this exchange and couldn’t stop the anger, which was rising up in him. Buffy and Spike? It just couldn’t register for him; they just seemed to be the weirdest pairing, to him anyway.
They walked in silence; not one broke it till they reached their destination.


A/N: Hey Guys! Soz its been so long, Ive been on holiday! But im back now and i hope you enjoy this chapter!