Author's Chapter Notes:
really enjoyed writing this story, i'll post two chapter for my first update. I hope you like reading this story.
Chapter 1: In My Prime Part I

Buffy sat in her therapist’s office with her feet tucked under her, where she sat in the big comfy chair.

“So it’s final. The divorce…I signed the papers.” Buffy ran a shaky hand through her golden locks.

“That’s good. You can finally move on. Angel is now a man of your past, and now you can live your life.” Joyce stated, toeing off her shoes and mimicking Buffy’s position.

“I know but-I’m 36! My clock is ticking…I want to have a baby but I don’t have a lot of time, you know? Like I thought for sure that Angel was the one, that we would have children together.” Buffy sighed and rested her elbow on the arm of the chair, and placing her cheek in her palm.

“Yes, but look at it this way, Buffy. Wouldn’t you have rather the two of you ended it now, instead of later, hurting your kids in the process?” Joyce returned.

“That’s true…but this means I’m gunna have to start all over. From scratch. And who’s gunna want a 36 year old divorced woman who wants kids?” Buffy asked.

“You are an attractive woman, with a lot to give. There are tons of men out there that would be lucky to have you.” Joyce stated placing a comforting hand on her patient’s knee.

“Thanks, Joyce.” Buffy smiled gratefully.

“Forget about Angel. Go out! Have fun…live your life!” Joyce exclaimed with an enthusiastic tone.

“Plan to.” The timer rang, signaling that their 1-hour session was over. “Time’s up. I’ll see you next week.” Buffy got up and slipped on her flip-flops. She gave her older friend a hug.

“Yes, dear. Take care.” Joyce walked the blonde to the door and watched as she walked into the elevator.

Joyce closed the door behind her and walked next door, which held her home. Her office was an extended part of her house, to give her and her patients privacy.

After calling out a ‘hello’ to her husband, she walked into the kitchen, picked up the phone and pressed speed-dial 1.

“Hello, sweetie. I’m done with my patients for the day, so if you want…oh! Okay…well you can stop by whenever you can to pick up your equipment, alright? Okay…well you two have fun…bye.” Joyce hung up the phone and sat herself on the couch next to her husband, Rupert.

“Hello, dear…how was work?” Rupert asked, placing a kiss on his wife’s temple.

“Good. Buffy is feeling a little better about the break up. She’s worried about having kids, though. She doesn’t think she has enough time.” Joyce explained to Rupert.

“Bollocks! She has plenty of time. Buffy has a wonderful personality; she has ever since high school.” Rupert was Buffy’s history teacher while she was in school. When she got married in her 4th year of college, and seemed to be having troubles, Rupert gave her his wife’s number, and she had been seeing her ever since.

“Yeah, that’s true. Well, she’s getting back on her feet now.” Joyce yawned loudly, resting her head on her husband’s shoulder.

“So, have you spoken to our son about all of his equipment he left here?” Rupert grumbled in an annoyed tone. His son much reminded him of himself when he was younger. FYI-not good. Their son had left home a few months ago and he still neglected to pick up his guitar and amp.

“Yes. He was suppose to come by and pick it up tonight, but apparently he has a date with that floozy Melody or whatever.” Joyce said bitterly with a flick of her wrist, as if to brush off the name.

“I don’t think that’s her name, love.” Rupert returned with a playful smile.

“Well whatever…her name has something to do with music.” She concluded hatefully. Joyce never really liked the girls her son chose to date. To her they were all the same. Blonde, big boobs, and ditzy.

* * * * *

Buffy sat down at the pub with her friend Cordy. The two went to college together and was Buffy’s maid of honor at her and Angel’s wedding two years ago.

“Wow…”Cordy looked around the pub. “It’s places like this that make me feel really old. Look at all these pups. No older than 25.” The brunette pointed out. “At least I still look 20.” She finished vainly.

“I know. I mean this was us ten years ago. Partying, not caring about anything else other than if we had enough money to buy another drink.” Buffy ordered herself a Cosmo.

“Well, I don’t know about you, but I barely have to worry about paying for my own drinks.” Cordy stood up and smoothed out her blood red dress that hung just after the curve of her ass. “I’m gunna go talk to that guy over there…” Cordelia nodded her head in the direction of a hot brunette guy, smiling her way. “He’s been eyeing me since I walked in here.” She stated with her eyes still on him, and a dazzling smile. “Have fun, cause I know I will.” Cordy walked off leaving Buffy behind.

Buffy took a long sip of her drink, before scanning the crowd. She got up and made her way to the dance floor.

* * * * *

“I can’t do this anymore, Harm. There are just some things that I can’t tolerate.” The man stated with an annoyed tone.

“But Spikey!” Harmony whined, with an unattractive pout.

“Like that!” Spike pointed out. “It’s Spike…and your whining makes me wanna gouge my eyes out.” Spike buried his head in his hands.

“You can’t do this to me Spike. I thought we had something special.” The blonde crossed her arms over her chest, making her fake breasts pop out unnaturally.

“We’ve been dating for one week! That’s not enough time to figure out it something is special or not.” He told her in frustration, causing a vain to pop out on his neck.

“Whatever, Spike. If you wanna end things, then fine. But you don’t know what you’ll be missing.” Harmony got up and walked towards the exit.

“I’ll be missing whining, clinging, and sex that I could definitely live without.” Spike mumbled to himself after she left the table.

Spike sighed in relief, and stood up. He turned around to head towards the bar and noticed the most gorgeous woman he’d ever seen. She was looking around the pub, and he noticed the way her golden tresses fell over her small, bare shoulders.

She was wearing a tan lace camisole, and a short black leather skirt that stopped mid-thigh. Her delicate feet were adorned with black strappy heels that raised her off the ground a few inches.

He watched her stand up, and made it his first priority to meet this blonde goddess. He walked in the direction she was headed, his intention to ‘accidentally’ bump into her.


Chapter End Notes:
soooo how do you like....please review should i continue?