Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm starting this series of short stories that depict those urban legend stories women tell eachothe (You know the friend of a friend who fell in love with a guy who couldn't commit but then all of a sudden things changed) I thought it would be fun to give them the Spuffy twist. If you have any of these sorts of tales through em my way and I'll expand the series. I hope you enjoy and tell me what you think!
Buffy Summers ran her fingers through her wet hair loving the rich musky scent that clung to the strands, she loved using his shampoo. Standing in his shower and squeezing his shampoo into her hand made her feel so warm inside. She stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel wrapping it securely around her body, it was so large it feel down below her knees and wrapped three times around her petite frame but she didn’t care because it smelt like him.

She walked over to the sink and grabbed her small pink toothbrush and some of his toothpaste. She brushed her teeth slowly, her eyes closed and a soft smile on her lips. She spat some foam into the sink and rinsed it out. She saw him walk past the bathroom door fiddling with his tie, her smile broadened as she put the toothbrush back in its cup.

She walked out and stood in front of him grabbing the tie and quickly created the perfect Windsor knot, it was funny how sometimes it was sexier putting a tie on a man then taking it off. He ran his fingertips up her bare arms and she shivered, he smirked “You look good in my towel” he said in a silky voice, his accent putting that wonderful Spike sound to it. She could pick his voice from any in the world.

She looked up at him and pressed her body into his “I look better out of it” she said in a low voice, she rose onto her tiptoes and pressed her lips against his, she had had him all night and was aching slightly but she didn’t care, she still wanted more.

He groaned slightly as her tiny hand came up to cup his bulge “Love stop I have to get to the office and you should get home”

She nodded reluctantly and walked back into the bathroom and hung up her towel, she walked past him naked and he buried his hands in his pockets to keep from taking her again.

She grabbed her dress from last night and shimmied into it; she quickly located all her things and stuffed them into her hand bag before slipping her heels on. “Don’t forget this” a voice called from the bathroom, Spike walked out, his hair freshly gelled and her little pink toothbrush in his hands.

“Can’t I leave it here?” she asked as she slipped her arms into her coat

“Well then how will you brush your teeth at home?” he asked

She smiled “well I will buy another one at the store today”

“But then you will have two”

The warm feeling dampened slightly “That’s ok, I’ll leave one here”

He smirked a bit and walked toward her “Just take it, save the money” he slipped the toothbrush in her handbag and effectively removed everything of hers from the apartment. It was all his again.

She nodded softly “Ok, well when will I see you next?”

He shrugged and scrolled through his blackberry, not looking at her “I’ll call you when I have some time”

“Maybe you could come to my place and I will cook us dinner” she asked hopefully

“Or I could just take us out” he said as he ushered her out of the apartment and out of his life. She watched him lock the door and he turned to her “Do you need me to call you a cab?” he asked

She shook her head “Nah I’m going to walk home and do some window shopping”

He nodded and planted a soft kiss on her lips “I’ll see you soon gorgeous”

She watched him walk away leaving her behind. The small toothbrush felt like a huge weight in her hand bag pulling her down, the warm feelings from this morning had disappeared and all was left was the harsh pain as reality set in.

She walked through the streets of New York, even though she had showered she still felt dirty, the cocktail dress that had been so perfect last night now felt like a neon sign saying ‘One night stand!’ she pulled her coat tighter around herself and bowed her head. How could she have had a one night stand with a man she had been seeing for over a year?

She reached her apartment and searched through her hand bag for her keys and saw the pink toothbrush, that tiny object that had been the catalyst for her foul mood. She grabbed it and through it in the dumpster, she regretted it immediately of course. Now she didn’t have any toothbrush and would have to spend the money that Spike was so adamant that she save.

She walked into her tiny apartment and threw her bag and coat on the table. She slumped down onto her couch and sighed, he had never been here before. 18 months they had been together and he had never set foot into her apartment, she always went there whenever he called. He would take her to beautiful places and buy her beautiful things and then take her back to his house and make love to her all night.

There is no denying that she loved him, she loved him with everything that she had.

But he wouldn’t even let her leave her toothbrush there.

She sighed and lifted her heavy body from the couch and walked to her bedroom. She stripped her dress off and threw it onto the bed; she stood in front of the mirror. Her hair had gone slightly frizzy from using his shampoo, she shook her head and the scent filled the air. She breathed in deep; everything about the aroma was Spike’s. She though back to the night 18 months ago when she had first breathed in that intoxicating scent.

**********18 months ago***********


“I’m going to the bar to get a drink” Buffy shouted over the music, her friend Anya nodded and waved her away as she turned back to the man she was grinding against. That was the problem when you went dancing with Anya; you were ditched as soon as her latest conquest walked in.

Buffy bounced over to the bar, the music and lights making her giddy “An Appletini please” she called to the bartender. She pulled a $20 out of her pocket but somebody quicker slapped a $50 on the bar, the bartender took it without question and went on making her drink “Wait that’s wasn’t my money!” Buffy cried as she held out her $20

“Someone as beautiful as you shouldn’t pay for her own drinks” said the sexiest voice ever; she turned around to see the voice matched the man. His face was perfect, the fullest lips, sharpest cheekbones and bright blue eyes set off by platinum blonde hair. He was dressed impeccably in an Armani suit.

She quickly regained her composure “You say that to all the girls?” she asked in a flirty voice, allowing the perfect amount of sass to enter

He raised an eyebrow “That any way to treat the bloke who just bought you a drink?” he asked as he sat down, he bought a cigar to his lips and inhaled deeply before blowing a perfect smoke ring in her direction.

She watched it float away and then turned back to him “Thank you” she said, her lips turning up into a smile. The bartender set her drink down and she picked it up and turned to leave

“What’s the hurry love? You can’t sit and enjoy a drink with me?”

“I would but I came with a friend”

“I don’t think she’ll notice pet” he said as he gestured to Anya with his cigar, Buffy turned, sure enough Anya was wrapped around her conquest, their tongues battling in the middle of the dance floor. She rolled her eyes and sat down “Question, how did you know she was my friend?”

He smirked again, she wondered if he ever smiled “Been watching you dance love, bloody hypnotizing is what it is” A small blush crept up her cheeks as he leant forward “Dance with me” he whispered into her ear, his breath tickling her neck. It was a command not a question.

She took his hand and wordlessly he guided her to the dance floor, a slow sensual beat filled the air as he took her in his arms. The bodies moved together effortlessly, rippling together like water. He ran his fingers up and down her back; she could feel the warmth of his fingertips through the silk of her shirt.

She leant forward and breathed in his scent, it was a mixture of cologne and cigar smoke and something that was just him, it was enthralling. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed herself closer, she could feel ever contour and ridge of his body. She looked up at him, biting her lip softly. His eyes had darkened and were filled with lust “Come home with me” he breathed, as his hands once again made her shiver as they danced across her skin. She was powerless to say no.


Chapter End Notes:
Woth carrying on?