Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, alot of you are saying it's so sad and I know it is but believe me it's going to have a happy ending.
Hope you enjoy this chap, we are still on the sad part but it will be over soon.
A week and a half later the call came from Spike, his gorgeous voice rang out from her machine as she listened to her messages. She knew she was stupid, she jumped when he asked but it was like he was a drug and she was so badly addicted.

She peeled off her office clothes and threw them in the hamper. She quickly changed and packed a small overnight bag; she grabbed her new toothbrush and stuffed it in the bag. She tried to ignore the feelings that she now associated with the whole toothbrush thing; this was just how Spike was she’d known this from the start.

20 minutes later she was ringing his doorbell, within seconds the door shot open and an arm pulled her inside and she was pulled flush against a hard body, she dropped her bag on the floor and moaned as his lips caressed her neck “Do you greet everyone like this?” she asked in a breathy voice

He smirked against her neck “I’m very popular with the mail man” he pulled away and looked down at her “I don’t know why you bother with so many clothes” he undid the first button on her jeans “They come right off anyway”

She knew he was being funny but the comment made her heart clench, she closed her eyes and tried to ignore it and get lost in the feeling. It was easier than anticipated, his lips found hers as his hands began to undress her, peeling her clothes away and touching the burning flesh beneath. Soon she was completely lost in it all.

He led her over to the bed, laying her naked body down before worshipping every inch of her with his lips. It was moments like this where she thought he could love her as much as she loved him, the tender caresses and the gentle nips at her skin. It was all for her so she could feel good.

Their coupling was quick and passionate; she lay there after tangled in the sheet, her body glistening with perspiration. He looked down at her, a cocky grin on his face “I think this is my favorite way of seeing you” he purred, he licked along her collar bone, she tasted salty and sweet “Thoroughly fucked”

She smiled and rolled over, wrapping her arms around his waist. He quickly pulled away and planted a soft kiss on her lips “Got some work to do love” he said before he jumped out of the bed and headed towards his study in all his naked glory.

Buffy lay there for a few moments; he would never stay in bed with her. He could never just hold her in his arms for a few moments after sex. She looked down at the burgundy sheets, never had Egyptian cotton felt so cheap. She threw them off in disgust and headed for the bathroom.

She let the hot water run over her washing his claim off her body. She reached for his shampoo but then stopped; for once she didn’t want to smell like him. She turned the shower off and walked past his towel to grab a clean one, she inhaled deeply; it smelt like fabric softener and detergent. She wrapped it around her and shivered slightly.

She walked out and saw Spike sitting on the bed in his robe, his glasses perched on the end of his nose as he read the paper. She sifted through her overnight bag “You know, if I could leave some clothes here I wouldn’t have to bother wearing any over” she said in a teasing tone

“Where would you put them?” he asked in a monotone voice as his brow furrowed and he pulled the paper closer

She looked at his huge walk in wardrobe “Surely you have a spare drawer”

He looked up “I have a lot of ties” he said with a raised eyebrow

Her heart was heavy in her chest, there was really no hope. She had fallen in love with the unattainable man. She knew that she had to stop, she had to be stronger then her addiction otherwise it would overpower her. She sighed softly and began dressing; she walked into the bathroom and hung her towel on the rack.

She turned to leave but stopped.

She walked into the shower, grabbed his shampoo, lifted the lid and breathed deep. The scent filled her nostrils. His scent. She closed her eyes and willed away the tears.

She went back into the room and watched him for a moment. She walked over and pressed a kiss to his temple “Goodbye Spike”

“Leaving so soon pet?” He looked up, oblivious to the pain in her eyes “You just got here”

“I know but I’ve already been here to long, it’s time for me to go now” the double meaning was lost on him.

He nodded and grabbed her hand, he weaved their fingers together and placed a gentle kiss on the top of her hand “I’ll see you soon Princess”

She didn’t answer, she was afraid that everything would spill out if she opened her mouth. The declarations of love, the questions, and all the emotion she had swirling around inside of her begged to come out. But she kept her lips pressed tight and nodded slightly before walking out his apartment and his life.

2 weeks later Buffy was repainting her bathroom, she knew she had to keep herself busy otherwise she would go to him. She was covered in flecks of green, a deep olive green that she had fallen in love with at the hardware store.

The cute man at the sales counter had smiled and told her it matched her eyes, 18 months ago she would have smiled back and said something equally charming, but she had just handed over her credit card and looked down at the floor.

She wondered if she would ever stop feeling broken.
She swept the roller over the wall, admiring the colour as it transformed her bathroom. She had repainted her kitchen last week and bought new sheets for her bedroom on the weekend. Her new addiction was renovating and it was an expensive one.

The phone rang but she made no move to answer it, she was heavily into screening mode at the moment. Her chirpy voice filled the apartment followed by a shrill beep and then the voice that made her heart clench.

She closed her eyes as she let the sound wash over her, his melodic voice asking her to a dinner party that weekend. God it was hard, it was like dangling a needle full of heroin in front of a recovering addict.
She focused on painting, rolling up and down, making sure the paint was going on even.

*I can’t wait to see you princess, I’ve missed you*

Her hands clenched around the roller. He missed her, it had been 2 weeks and he missed her, a small smile played on her lips as she moved to put the roller down. It was then she saw it, out the corner of her eye.
Her toothbrush

She closed her eyes and pursed her lips. Nothing would change, she would ring him and run into his arms and then he would push her away when he had had his fill. She tried to focus on painting but the tears blurring her vision made it difficult.


Chapter End Notes:
Please Review! They make me write faster