Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok guys I hope you like it. This was going to be the last chapter and it was completely different to what it is now but after reading the reviews I was inspired to change it and make it one chapter longer. I think its turned out better then it was so thank you guys!
Buffy sat in the kitchen reading the Sunnydale paper; she smiled at the familiarity of it all. She had been here for 2 months now and it was like she never left, Dawn was always rifling through her clothes looking for things to borrow. Her mother chided her for inappropriate language and her brother was always hanging around even though he lived down the street with his girlfriend. It wasn’t unusual for the pair to spend the night and hang around over weekends.

Buffy sipped her coffee as her brother chased his girlfriend Cordelia down the stairs “Stop it Angel!” she shrieked as she skidded past. She got to one side of the kitchen island and he came to the other side. He stared at her with a predatory look in his eye.

“I will get you Cordy” he said in a serious tone. He walked slowly around the island, inching towards her. She giggled and he smiled “And when I get you, I’m going to tickle the hell out of you”

He lunged at her and she made a feeble effort to escape. Soon she was in his arms and Angel lowered his head to capture her lips in a sweet kiss. Buffy could see where this was going and cleared her throat, he looked up and noticed her for the first time “Sorry sis, didn’t see you there”

Cordy smiled “Sleep well?” she asked and then shrieked with laughter as Angel dug his fingers into her side.

They were so in love it was nauseating; they had this wonderful, serious relationship that still had so much fun and laughter in it, and passion. She saw the way they looked at each other and it made her sick with envy. She wanted that.

Angel grabbed the juice carton and took a swig of it, Cordy screwed up her nose “Get a glass Liam” she said in a disgusted voice

Angel smirked at her and lifted the carton to his lips and took another slow sip in a taunting gesture. She shook her and turned to Buffy “Any plans for the day?”

Buffy nodded and closed the paper “I was thinking of packing up and booking my ticket back to New York”

Angel put the carton down “So soon? We just got used to having you back here”

“It’s been 2 months Angel, I can’t hide forever”

Cordy walked over and wrapped her arms around her shoulder “Stay for a bit longer, you and I have barely gotten to hang out”

Buffy smiled up at her, it was nice to be back home, where she felt warm and accepted and her job had only been a temporary position so they wouldn’t care. She patted Cordy’s arm “You’ve convince me”

Cordelia gave her a squeeze “Do you want to go shopping?” she asked as Angel rolled his eyes

Buffy nodded “Let me run up and change”
**********************

Spike lay on his bed flicking through television channels. His perfect apartment was in complete disarray with clothes and objects strewn all over the place, his platinum hair had grown out so an inch of dark brown roots were showing. He ran his fingers through his curls, they were greasy and matted. He didn’t really care.

He flicked onto the movie channel just in time to see Richard Gere riding up in a limousine holding flowers up to the chit with the big lips. He remembered this movie; it was the one about the guy falling for the hooker. Buffy had made him watch it and gotten all weepy at this part.

The characters on screen kissed passionately.

He scoffed; did things like that ever really go to plan? That big romantic gesture that won back the girl and led them to happily ever after, the handsome man winning back his lady love.

He flicked the channel over and saw some crying man cradling his love in his arms. Spike groaned, what was it chick flick hour? He remembered watching this one with Buffy as well, he had watched her as she cried and tried not to laugh. She had thrown pillows at him and called him heartless.

‘The greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return’

Those words stopped him. It was one of those ridiculous one liners from a love movie but for some reason it hit him, all his life he had strived to move himself forward in life. He graduated top of his class and at 31 was already head of a corporate company, he was always looking for new things to learn, for new ways that he could further himself.

But what did he have to show for it?

He looked around his empty apartment, it was full of expensive things but it wasn’t a home. It wasn’t even warm and comfortable, the only time he felt happy in it was when…

His eyes widened

Was when Buffy was in it.

He had pushed away the one thing in his life that made it worth anything, the one thing that made him happy and comfortable. All of his life he had learnt to do these amazing things with numbers and figures but he had never learnt how to love, just to love someone and let them in his life.

He really was heartless.

Spike now knew the true meaning of what an epiphany was. He jumped up and raced to his wardrobe, the threw open the door and grabbed out a suitcase, he began ripping clothes off the hangers and stuffing them in. his mind was going a mile a minute as he wrinkled his tailor made suits, as he crushed his silk shirts and probably ripped a few pairs of trousers. He ran to the phone and called the travel agent.

He booked the first leaving ticket to Sunnydale.

He was going to find his girl.
***************************

Buffy wandered through the mall, her arms were laden with bags as she Cordelia walked into yet another shoe store “My god Cordy, don’t you have enough pairs of shoes by now?” she asked in disbelief as Cordelia browed the tables.

“Bite your tongue, there is no such thing as to many shoes”

Buffy laid her bags on the ground and sat down on a chair, shopping with Cordelia was exhausting. You visited every store at least twice just in case you missed something the first time.

She looked around the busy mall as the people milled around, going about their daily business “Cordelia do you want to grab some-” she stopped, she stood up quickly. It couldn’t be?

She ran out the shop, Cordelia calling after her but she didn’t hear her. She ran through the crowds of people, weaving through the shoppers, dodging prams and trolleys.

She had seen him.

She approached the man walking a head of her, the platinum blonde curls, the broad shoulders encased in a suit jacket. She itched the throw her arms around him. She grabbed his arm and he turned back and looked at her.

Buffy stepped away, dropping his arm as though it had burnt her “Oh my god I’m so sorry, I thought you were someone I knew”

The man smiled and continued on. Buffy watched him walk away feeling more stupid then she ever had in her life. What the hell would Spike be doing here? She quickly wiped her eyes as she heard footsteps behind her. God she was an idiot, a comforting hand lay on her shoulder.

“I really thought it was him” she whispered, as the tears spilled over onto her cheeks “I was so happy for those few seconds” she turned and faced Cordelia “How could he still make me that happy when he hurt me so much?”

Cordelia smiled at her friend softly “Because you love him, and no amount of running is going to stop that”

She had tried to run away but it really wasn't working


Chapter End Notes:
You Like? Orginally he wasn't going to go to Sunnydale but all the reviews mentioned it and I thought 'You know what thats a damn good idea!"