Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much to all who reviewed including, AMI, Pam S, NeomeBuffy, sask, cordykitten, PhotographyNut, KIska12, lilashannah, incubus_dreams7, Angie, and Duchess Michelle. You guys encourage me and make it that much more satisfying to write!
Spike

“Oooh, pretty water,” Buffy’s mate, Xander, marveled as we finally got out of the van and onto the beach.

The guy was kind of a whelp like that.

I’d ignored the hell out of them during the car ride over here. Not because they were soddy people or anything, no nothin’ like that. In fact, the red head in the front was a sweetheart of a girl if you wanna know the truth, A bit too anxious for my tastes, but a sweetheart anyway.

No, me ignoring them had everything t’ do with me bein’ held against my will. Like one of those prisoners from Taiwan or something. I’d much rather’ve been home listenin’ t’ music or even watching those crappy anime shows with the lil’ bit.

“Don’t forget about the pretty birds too Xander,” Buffy teased. “Today they might even do that thing where they wave their arms around real silly-like and fly into the air.”

Xander’s eyes lit up. “Can’t we see the pretty birdies today? Oh, please mommy!”

She patted him on the head. “Only if you behave like a good boy.”

Pft. ‘M sure Buffy’d fancy a good boy, wouldn’t she? She probably loved controlling the easy ones. I’d wager it’s why she couldn’t stand me much, what with the whole not being able t’ get the best of me aspect of our newly found friendship.

Xander smiled and grabbed one of the coolers that Willow packed. “Geez Wills. Whaddaya have in here anyway? Food made of heavy, heavy bricks?”

“She over-packed again,” Oz explained simply. I guess Oz was s’posed to be the super silent type of bloke. While the other three went mad with the chattering during the drive here, he’d only thrown in a word or two. It was easy t’ be good mates with a guy like that.

“Hey,” Willow said, offended, “you’ll be glad I brought a lot of food once you all fall under the evil clutches of hunger and thirst.”

“They can’t be that evil,” said Buffy, “it’s not like they bite.”

I watched as Xander continued to struggle with the cooler. As much as I wanted t’ not partake in any of today’s activities, I figured it was pretty pathetic that this Xander character was having so much trouble with such a menial task. And it’d be pretty damn rude of me t’ not offer a helping hand.

Not that I ever really cared much about being rude or anything like that.

“Need help mate?” I offered.

Xander shook his head, still exerting a lot of energy just t’ pick the damn thing up. “No *grunt*… I *grunt*… got it.”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the cooler with ease.

Xander looked at me with surprise. “What the hell? Are you some kind of super human or something?”

I snorted. “Yea, that’s it. A super human.” What was I s’posed to say? I mean, I couldn’ bloody well be like, “Yea, I’m a super human who has super powers and kills super villains, now pass me the cooler” now could I? He’d probably think I’d gone bat shit mad. Not that I cared what he thought.

Now that I think about it, I don’t care much about a lot of things. Except maybe killin’ vamps. That used t’ be my favorite until everything got fucked up. And I like t’ shag beautiful girls if they let me. I’d probably want to shag Buffy if she wasn’t so maddening. The chick couldn’t even really take a joke. But now that I consider it again, I think I would like t’ shag ol’ Buffy Summers.

Anyway, those are two things I do care about, killin’ vamps and shaggin’ beautiful girls. And ‘M sure if you gave me more time, I could think of other things I cared about just as much.

I turned ‘round and saw Buffy in the process of grabbin’ the other heavy cooler from the back of the van, her cute little ass wavin’ at me in one of those sarong things girls like t’ wear as she reached into the back of the vehicle.

Now, ‘M no male chauvinist or misogynist or whatever they’re called, but I’ll admit, I’d checked out her backside a few times since I’d met her. And it was a damn fine one at that.

Anyway, I figured, since I was on a roll with this whole helping people bit, I might as well help the girl in carrying the thing. It wasn’ like she’d be able to do it herself anyway.

But before I could get to it, Buffy already had it in one hand, gracefully carrying it as if it were an empty container.

My eyes furrowed in confusion.

Earlier, while I was sitting in the back seat of the van ignoring everyone, I’d done my nosey bit, sneaking a peek into the two coolers. Both were filled t’ the brim with food and drinks. Heavy food and drinks might I add.

I shook my head. I must have miscalculated the weight. Either that or she was just as “super human” as I was. I brushed off the thought with a laugh.

Once we finally got all our stuff, we began to walk down the beach to find a nice place to spend our day-at-the-beach-extravaganza (as the red headed chit kept calling it).

---

Cordelia Chase loved being rich. And she loved being beautiful almost as much.

Not a lot of people could understand the lifestyle she lived. Many would call her wasteful, arrogant, demanding, and the opposite of punctual. But what did she care? She only ate at the finest restaurants, shopped at the most fashionable and expensive clothing stores, and only socialized with the best Sunnydale had to offer (which wasn’t much). She rarely wore the same thing twice, never said yes the first time a guy asked her on a date, and wouldn’t be caught dead wearing those horrendous croc sandals (what was with people these days?). And she never had less than one BFF at a time. Yes, these were just a fraction of the many rules that Cordelia lived by.

She was, on a good day, bitingly blunt. But she liked to call it “being honest.” Not afraid to tell it like it was, Cordy had earned herself many an enemy. Simply put, she was a scathing bitch. But she didn’t care what people thought of her. Half of these losers worked for her father anyway. And those who didn’t work for him, had parents who did.

She sighed in pleasure as the sun beat down on her back. She loved her life.

“I think I want to seduce Mr. Pryce this year,” Anya, one of Cordy’s newest and current BFF’s said, breaking the silence. They’d both gone to the beach that day to tan and pick up hopeless teenage boys. It was one of their favorite games: having guys drool over them and then turning them down quite brutally.

Anyanka Keane, younger sister of the totally hot Liam “Angel” Keane, was wonderful to be around. Sharing Cordelia’s unabashed appreciation for beauty, older guys, and wealth, the two made an unbeatable pair.

“You mean Wesley Wyndham-Pryce?” Cordy inquired.

“Yes. He has a very rugged quality about him.”

Cordelia opened one eye through her sunglasses to look at her friend. “And by ‘rugged’ you mean ‘nerdy’ and ‘bookish,’ right?”

Anya rolled her eyes. “No, Cordelia. By rugged, I mean ‘impossibly suave,’ ‘debonair,’ ‘vulnerable,’ and ‘British.’ I find those qualities incredibly sexy in a man. I hope for him to pass those traits on to our future children.”

Cordelia mulled it over. Mr. Wyndham-Pryce did have a sort of forbidden sexiness to him. Forbidden, of course, because he was their English teacher. But he did have a kind of sweet vulnerability to him. He was older (which almost automatically equaled sexier), British, and was a member of the intelligencia. Sure, he only wore stiff suits to class, but she was positive that under all that fabric was a damn fine body.

“I can see the attraction. I approve.”

Anya smiled smugly in a way that said “I told you so,” and closed her eyes as she continued to tan. “So what about you, Miss Chase? Who do you have your eyes set on this year?”

Cordelia sighed and said in a faux-pained voice, “I don’t know. It’s like, such a tragedy that Sunnydale high is so lacking in the hotties department. I mean, here we are, attending that god-awful, loser-infested school 5 days a week, toiling and slaving over useless schoolwork and physical education, and all we ask for are a few cuties to pass the 7-hour days we spend there. But, no, we get stuck with rejects like Xander Harris. Why can’t I just find a hot, mature, chiseled guy from a wealthy family who knows how to wine and dine me, and make me feel like a woman?”

“And what about the orgasms?” Anya wondered, seriously.

“Yeah! He has to give me those too. I mean, is that too much to—”

Cordelia’s words stopped in her throat as she caught sight of one of the finest specimens she’d seen in her 17 years of existence walking towards her.

The first thing she noticed was his shocking white hair that contrasted attractively with his all-black attire. Her eyes moved swiftly over his hot body, stopping at the tight jeans that left little to the imagination. And boy, what an imagination she had! She watched as a warm breeze tousled a few strands of his hair, giving him a slightly soft edge to his rugged appearance.

“Aye carumba,” Anya marveled. “I’d like to take a hard lick off of that hot body.”

“Helllloo salty goodness. Can I order some whipped cream to go with that hard lick?”

Staring at the bad-boy hottie, she almost didn’t notice who he was with. Her eyes zeroed in on Buffy Summers, loser and weirdo extraordinaire.

“Is that Buffy Summers and the Freak Brigade I see with the Blonde Hottie?” Cordelia scoffed.

She would never get over the rejection she suffered when Buffy refused the honor of becoming one of her BFFs, opting instead to make friends with the biggest freaks one could find in all of Sunnydale.

She wondered if the eye candy was Buffy’s new guy.

“Don’t your brother and Buffy still have that thing going on between them?” Cordelia asked her friend.

Anya snorted. “If by ‘thing’ you mean the not-having-any-sex ‘thing,’ then yes, they still have that thing going on between them.”

Cordelia smiled. “Well then she won’t mind me stealing her platonic guy friend over there. I mean god, either this guy is a loser magnet or he’s being held hostage. And heaven forbid that hunk of salty goodness be held captive by the geek squad. Look at his face. He’s practically begging for someone to rescue him. Let’s do it.”

Before Anya could stop her, Cordy was sitting up and calling to the group. “Buffy? Buffy Summers is that you?” She shielded her eyes from the sun for effect.

The girl in question looked over, surprised that Cordelia was calling to her.

“I thought that was you,” Cordelia continued. “Oh-Em-Gee I haven’t seen you guys all summer! You have to come join us right now.”

Anya rolled her eyes, amused at Cordelia’s transparency. Cordy was easiest to read when she started talking in italics.

Buffy raised an eyebrow and looked at the others. “Is she joking?” she asked, out of hearing range.

“I doubt it,” Xander answered. “Cordelia only finds humor in the pain of helpless others.” He scrunched his eyebrows as a thought hit him. “Although now that I think about it, forcing us to spend more than 2 minutes with her can be considered torture indeed. She must be joking.”

“She’s not that bad,” Willow defended her. “I mean, sure, she can be a bit rude, mean, conniving, tactless, and stubborn, but at least she’s not a murderer.”

Spike snorted. “If not bein’ a murderer is grounds for friendship ‘round here, then you all ‘ave pretty low standards.”

“Trust me,” Buffy answered, “if you’re searching for true friendship around here, Cordelia is the lowest standard of them all.”

She turned to answer a waiting Cordelia after they got into hearing range. “Uh, no thanks Cordelia.. We’ll be fine hanging out right over there.” She gestured towards a different section of the beach.

“Nonsense!” Cordelia insisted. “I’m sure your new friend wouldn’t mind meeting new friends of his own.” She pointed to herself and Anya.

Spike smirked that sexy smirk of his, eyes grazing appreciatively over Cordelia’s bikini-clad body. She noticed and grazed right back.

Buffy sighed, looking unsure, at Xander, Oz, and Willow, hoping that they would back her up with the whole declining Cordelia’s invitation thing. Of course, being the scaredy cats they were, they didn’t.

“Fine,” she answered, knowing that Cordy wouldn’t stop pestering until she got what she wanted. They could stay for a bit. Not that she thought Cordelia Chase was even slightly interested in their company. Cordelia had some sort of ulterior motive, and Buffy guessed that that motive’s cheekbones were sharp as razors.

“Oh great!” Cordelia beamed as they all spread out their blankets and got comfortable on the sand. “So are you guys going to continue being rude or are you going to introduce us to your new friend?”

---

Buffy loved to flirt. In fact, back in her heyday she made a sport of the flirting game. She was a master at it, really. So if there was anyone who knew about flirting, it was Buffy Summers.

But what she was witnessing right now was more than just shameless: it was downright insulting! Could two people be more obvious? It was kinda disgusting if you asked her.

“You’re from England?” Cordelia gushed. “I think that is so sexy. Are all the guys out there as sexy as you or what?

Spike smirked. “How ‘bout this, luv. I’ll give you a test drive, and you can judge exactly how sexy you think I am.”

That one was so lame that even Xander had to laugh at that one. And Xander was the king of lame innuendos.

Buffy should have known Spike would go for a girl like Cordy. Hell, she was the queen of Sunnydale High. As head cheerleader and Junior Homecoming royalty, she was the most popular girl in school. But even besides all that, the girl was damn gorgeous.

So yeah, she should have known Spike would go for a spoiled princess like Cordy. And although he could be an infuriating gremlin, she was a bit surprised to see that his tastes lacked substance. He seemed smarter than that.

Not that she cared who he was interested in. She just thought he was smarter than that, that’s all.

“So, Spike,” Willow inquired, “are you ready for school next week? You’ll love it at Sunnydale High.”

“Oh, puh-leeze,” Cordy scoffed. “Only a loser would say that… Not that you’re a loser or anything, Willow.” Of course, she did think Willow was a loser, but if she said that out loud, she would never be able to ask Willow to write papers for her this year.

“ ‘M sure ‘ll love Sunnydale High. It’s obviously got some very beautiful ladies attending.” Cordy blushed at Spike’s words, not noticing when he turned to look pointedly at Buffy.

Buffy flushed and turned away from his gaze. The guy was so annoying! He purposely did and said things just to bother her. She didn’t understand why she let him get to her so much.

“Well I hope you like it here,” Oz said. “It’s not Europe where you get to smoke and drink at 16, or where prostitution is celebrated as a fine art, but at least we have freedom fries.”

“Actually, in England, I think they call them freedom ‘chips,’” Xander reminded, munching on some Doritos.

Buffy scrunched her eyebrows in thought. “They call ‘fries’ ‘chips’? So what do they call chips?”

Spike chuckled, “We mostly call them crisps, luv. We’re a sick, sick country, we are.”

“Well, you won’t see me in the UK anytime soon,” Anya said. “I hear their currency is well below that of the dollar. Consider me an avid citizen of America where we let capitalism and freedom ring.” She twirled her finger in the air.

“Aren’t you half Irish?” Oz asked.

Anya pretended not to hear him.

“Anyone up for a game of football?” Willow asked, pulling out the football from one of the bags. She didn’t know the first thing about football, but she was determined to make sure the day was full of extravaganza.

“Oooh, football! I’m down,” said Buffy.

“Football?” Spike snorted. “You mean that nancy boy game where no one uses their feet?”

“Oh, right,” Oz remembered. “You guys call ‘soccer’ ‘football.’”

“Wait,” said Buffy. “If they call ‘soccer’ ‘football,’ then what do they call football?”

“Rugy,” Xander answered.

Willow shook her head. “No, I think rugby is a whole separate entity of it’s own.”

Buffy was still confused. “So they don’t even have a name for football? What kind of country is that?”

“One that doesn’t practice freedom or capitalism,” Anya answered.

Spike laughed, amused by the conversation. “I’m down t’ play your Yank football. Will we be playing tackle or no-tackle?” The pervert he was, he was hoping for the former option. Only so he’d have an excuse to let one of the girls jump him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on,” Cordy halted. “I’m definitely not playing. Besides me being extremely delicate and fragile, I don’t know anything about football. That’s why I do the cheering.”

“That’s alright, luv.” Spike said, stroking her arm, “I’ll show you the basics.” He called for the ball and took Cordelia’s hand to pull her away from the group where he showed her how to throw it.

“Sooo Anya,” Xander began once the two shameless flirters were out of the way, pulling out some Capri Suns and passing them around. “I see you’re frolicking with the princess of all that is evil nowadays.”

Anya rolled her eyes, flipping through the Cosmopolitan magazine she had with her. “Oh, please Harris, you’re one to talk. I can feel the lusty hormones oozing off of you just from her presence. Congratulations, you disguise it well. And anyway, you can’t fault me for wanting to be around normal people.”

“First of all,” Xander retorted, “there is nothing oozing off of me, alright? Let’s just get that straight. And secondly, Cordelia is not normal. She’s like a demon in disguise.”

“Right, and you guys are normal? Give me a break.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow. “Meaning?”

Anya sighed and put down the magazine. “Buffy, you’re the Slayer. It’s pretty much impossible to take a simple walk down the street with you without someone getting attacked by a killer vampire. Willow, you’re a witch. And a hazardous witch at that, what with you never getting the spells right and all.”

“Hey!” Willow exclaimed, offended. “I’m still learning, ok? No need to get all mean and sarcastic.”

“Oz, you’re a werewolf whose inability to control himself leaves us all in danger,” Anya ignored Willow. “And Xander, you’re the biggest loser in Sunnydale. If I’m looking for a normal, healthy life, I can’t just go around cavorting with you guys.” She said all of this matter-of-factly.

“You want to talk normal?” Xander countered. “If I do remember correctly, you’re a demon yourself. Just like Angel, Doyle and the rest of your folks. You guys are about as normal as the Addams Family.”

“Hey, my boyfriend looks nothing like Fester Addams!” Buffy exclaimed.

“Sorry,” he apologized, “I had to make a point.”

Anya glared at him. “My brothers and I are only half demons. Let’s not go overboard here.”

“Half, quarter, full? Does it really matter nowadays?”

Anya just glared at him. “I’d rather be half demon than full loser. I can’t believe I ever went out with you. If I had the power, I’d make something really bad happen to you, Harris.”

“Yeah, I know. But you can’t, can you? What’s your demon power again? The inability to care about anything but money?”

She rolled her eyes. “For your information, I can see the present.”

Xander laughed, as he always did when she announced her powers. It was still funny to him, to this very day.

Anya continued to glare at him. “I can see the emotions of the present, you loser. And my powers told me that you were oozing lusty emotions towards Cordelia, and very jealous ones towards Spike.”

She smiled smugly and turned back to her magazine as Xander flushed.

“You gotta admit,” he whispered to Oz as explanation, “Cordelia’s hot.”

Oz put both his hands up defensively. “Hey, no need to explain to me, dude.”

Buffy and Willow giggled. They always had the distinct impression that Xander had a thing for Cordelia ever since sophomore year.

“You lot ready?” Spike asked, apparently done with his football lesson with Cordy.

“Yes, ‘us lot’ are ready,” Buffy answered, pulling off her shirt to reveal a cute bikini top to go with her shorts.

Spike did a double take.

He knew she had sexy legs and exceptionally well toned arms, but he didn’t realize the girl’s figure was practically flawless. Did Joyce really let her go out of the house like that? He was getting that feeling he got the first day he saw her on her front lawn. The feeling he got where he wanted to shag the hell out of her. But then again, he always went around wanting to shag people. He’d probably want to shag Cordelia too if he wasn’t so busy glancing at the blonde haired brat every 5 seconds.

Last night, he’d made a mental note to keep an eye on her in case she made a habit of walking out at night alone. Now he’d have to keep an eye on her during the day to make sure perverted old men didn’t sexually harass her on a daily basis.

Of course, he was only doing it for Joyce. He liked the lady.

They chose teams, but since there were only seven of them, Oz opted to be all-time quarterback. Buffy ended up with Xander and Anya, while Spike’s team consisted of Cordy and Willow.

Needless to say, the game was a terrible mess.

Xander spent most of the time trying to wrestle Cordelia down to the ground (whether or not she had the ball. But hey, she didn’t know the rules anyway).

Willow, with all her enthusiasm couldn’t catch the ball. She spent the majority of the game contemplating whether or not to cast some sort of floating spell.

Anya decided that the game was stupid. It wasn’t fun and no one was going to win any money at the end of the day. So she did as little as possible.

As messy as the game was, they all had wonderful fun (excluding Anya that was). Even Cordelia, who’d been tackled unnecessarily by Xander a dozen or so times, was enjoying herself.

Buffy and Spike, were of course, the most competitive.

“I think ‘ll be guardin’ you this time princess,” Spike said, out of breath after a hopelessly disastrous play that brought them back to the line.

“Let’s hope you can do that,” Buffy answered with a smirk, deciding that she’d put on a bit of her speed this time around, just to wipe that silly grin off of Spike’s face.

“Hike!” Oz yelled, swiftly propelling Buffy past Spike. He raised his eyebrows in surprise and grinned.

This girl is bloody fast! he thought before chasing after her. He turned on a burst of speed and finally caught up to her, grabbing her around the waist and picking her up for the tackle.

Buffy squealed, laughing as he fell to the ground with her.

“I didn’t even have the ball!” she laughed, not even stopping to ask herself how he was able to catch up to her.

“Hey, I couldn’ risk it, now could I? Couldn’ face the shame of lettin’ my team down.” He grinned above her, breathing hard.

Buffy was breathing hard too. Although now she wasn’t sure if it was because of the game, or because of the way Spike looked above her, hot, dark blue eyes, the sun shining behind him like a halo.

Of course, she knew there was absolutely nothing even remotely angelic about this guy.

She tried not to notice the way his body felt on top of hers, his leg conspicuously wedged between her thighs.

She could vaguely make out her friends in the background. Xander had found a way to playfully push Cordelia into the ocean, while Oz and Willow also abandoned the football game altogether to jump into the water.

“If you wouldn’t have cheated, Oz woulda thrown me the ball,” Buffy teased softly.

He gave her a devilish smirk. “Cheated ‘eh? I’ll show you cheating.” He took off his jacket (and she couldn’t help but notice how his black wife beater showed off his lean body), kicked off his boots, and picked her up once again, making his way towards the water.

Buffy’s eyes got wide. “Oh, no you don’t!” She laughed and struggled against him, kicking and squealing. But before she knew it, she was dumped in the water, soaked as all hell.

She grabbed him by his shirt, pulling him in with her.

“Now who cheated!” Spike exclaimed over the waves after he finally broke the surface.

Buffy stuck out her tongue at him, deciding that she could set aside their feud and have fun with him. For an hour or two anyway. “Turnabout’s fair play. Haven’t you ever heard of that one?”

She shouldn’t have stuck out her tongue like that, Spike thought. Now he was thinking of all sorts of naughty things.

He grabbed for her but she dodged him. He groaned inwardly as she stuck her tongue out again and swam away from him, joining the others.

‘This confusing chit is gonna be the death of me,’ he thought before chasing after her.

On the shore, Anya shook her head. There were a lot of emotions coursing through that little group there. And she didn’t need to ask Doyle for a peek through the future to see that the next few months would be a boiling pot of drama.


Chapter End Notes:
Whaddaya think? Let me know in a review!

Oh, and by the way, I hope no one was offended by the UK jokes. I love the UK...randomly enough, I actually wrote this chapter in London. LMAO I don't know why, but that makes me laugh.

Please Review!