Chapter Stormy Alley


I really, really, really like reviews. Thank you for those of you who do. For the rest of you. Tsk. Tsk. Please review.


The music pulsed through the night air, drifting to where Buffy ad Willow stood in line, waiting to enter the noisy bar. Laughter could be heard as the inner door would swinging open admitting more excited patrons within the popular club.

The pair made their way quickly through the line to the bouncer standing to one side. He smiled in recognition and waved the pair through. Buffy Smiled wryly at the gesture and followed Willow into the club.

A wave of smoke hit the pair, surrounding them in a smokey haze. The sounds of people and music tripled , assaulting their senses. Willow scanned the crowd, looking for her girlfriend in the sea of faces. Buffy heard Willow squeal excitedly, and dutifully followed Willow to the table where a pretty blonde was sitting.

“Buffy hi!” Tara exclaimed in surprise after giving her lover a welcoming kiss. “I thought you weren’t coming Angel said you were tired.”

“Angel’s here?” Buffy asked, scanning the crowd for her boyfriend, laying her coat on the seat.

“Nice to see you too.” Tara said mockingly, a smile on her face to show she was joking.

“Sorry.” Buffy replied, abashed. “Hi Tara how nice to see you again.” Tara laughed and hugged Buffy.

“I saw Angel a while ago. He told me he was meeting some friends since you were staying in.” Buffy continued to scan the crowd. A break in the faces revealed Angel on the dance floor, a leggy brunette rubbing herself against him.

“There he is.” Buffy squealed. “Look at that skank hanging off him. I better save him.” Buffy moved off, pushing her way through the crowd, losing sight of her goal in the masses.

Willow and Tara looked at the couple on the dance floor with a doubtful expression. The pair watched as Angel stuck his tongue down the brunettes throat, his hands cupping her ass to pull her closer to him.

“I don’t think he wants saving too bad.” Willow spat out sarcastically.

“Poor Buffy.” Tara said. “Maybe we should stop her from catching him.”

“She’ll never believe us unless she sees it.” Willow replied with regret. “She will just think we say it wrong again. That that skanky bitch was throwing herself at him.” Tara stared at her girlfriend, shocked at her uncharacteristic language. Willow missed the look as she watched the brunette grab Angels hand and pull him from the dance floor, heading for the back door.

Buffy had only caught glimpses of the pair on the dance floor as she weaved her way through the masses. She missed the kiss entirely as she was stopped repeatedly by guys asking her to dance. With a sigh of exasperation, she searched the crowd again and noticed the brunette pulling Angel out the back door and into the alley beyond.

“Bitch.” She muttered and stared to slowly weave her way yet again through the crowd.

~~**~~**~~

Spike sat with his back to the bar, a cold beer in one hand, a lit cigarette in the other. His piercing gaze ran over the undulating crowd until the flash of blonde hair caught his eyes. He smiles as Buffy determinedly made her way through the throng towards the back of the club. The lights on the dance floor reflected off her hair causing it to glow about her like a halo. Spike took a long drag of his cigarette before snuffing it out and rising to hid feet, moving to follow the beautiful blonde.

~~**~~**~~

Buffy pushed through the back door and stumbled into the alley. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the dark. She looked around the dirty alley, the objects mere shadows against the walls in the neat pitch black of the moonless night. She could hear giggling voices, echoing in the cool silence. She walked silently down the alley. Her heart caught in her throat as she saw a couple locked in a passionate embrace. As she drew nearer the couple she gave a sigh of relief as she realized that it was not her boyfriend. She shook her head ruefully, chastising herself for her doubts.

She moved further through the alley, coning to a corner and stopping dead in her tracks. Her face grew warm as she noticed a woman kneeling before a man. His moans of pleasure filling the night air. Buffy turned to go when a car turned toward the alley, illuminating the impassioned pair for a moment in the harsh glare of its head lights.

Buffy’s flushed face grew pale as she clearly saw the man’s face, twisted in pleasure. She watched, frozen in place, as the man pulled the woman to her feet and pressed her against the wall with is body. Buffy whimpered quietly, tears forming in her eyes, as the woman wrapped her legs around the man's waist, screaming her pleasure into the night air.

All Buffy could do was stare as the pair moved against each other, the sounds of flesh meeting flesh barely heard over their harsh moans.

“Harder.” The woman cried, her head twisting against the brick wall as she arched against the man. He obliged her, moving against her at a bruising pace. The pair cried out before coming to a shuttering stop, calling out the others name, oblivious to their audience.

“Buffy!” The name rang out, echoing through the alley. She turned to see Spike striding towards her.

Angel stiffened and looked towards the voice, seeing Buffy standing at the opening to the alley. He watched in shock as she turned towards him, her eyes cold and expressionless before she spun and disappeared from sight.

Spike jogged down the dark alley towards Buffy meeting her halfway.

“What you doing out here all alone, pet?” He asked, his leather duster flapping in the breeze. “It’s not safe.”

“Just needed some air.” Buffy lied, her voice strained. She could hear Angel’s voice coming up the alley, arguing with his companion.

“Why don’t we go back inside?” Spike asked, holding out his arm to her. She smiled and took the proffered arm and hurried out of the alley and back to the club.