Author's Chapter Notes:
A massive thanks to my Beta Pixiecorn (Kelly( and Dorians Kitten. Also a huge thanks to Edgehead for the awesome banner.
Chapter 11

Dad.

*5 Weeks later*

Buffy sat in her bathroom with her best friend, Willow. The red haired girl had a supportive hand on her back in an attempt to comfort her and they were both staring at the white plastic stick that lay on the counter top. A blue cross in its display window clearly indicated that Buffy was, indeed, pregnant.

Buffy glanced down at the test and the box several times, trying to find a flaw in its reading, before slumping down onto the side of the tub in defeat and letting her head fall into her hands.

“Oh Buffy, I don’t know what to say… are you sure its not Riley’s?” Buffy glanced up at Willow, who was sitting on the side of the bath with her.

“Riley and I have been…..we….we haven’t really been…” Buffy stumbled over her words. “For a while… a long while.” She glanced back down at her hands.

“Oh,” was all that Willow could muster.

“Yeah.”

“What are you going to do?” Taking a breath to steady herself, Buffy met Willow‘s gaze.

“Whatever I have to.”

“Are you going to tell him?”

Buffy didn’t know what to say. Was she going to tell him? What would Spike say? Would he be angry? Happy? What if he wanted her to get rid of it? No, no he would never ask her to do something like that. Would he want to be a part of the childs life? And if he didn’t, what would she tell their child?

Trying her best to calm herself down, Buffy turned and smiled softly at Willow.

Buffy walked into Spike’s crypt later that evening, she had called Giles to tell him the news and after talking things through, had decided that Spike deserved to know that he was going to be a father.

Shefound Spike sitting in his chair. He stood up slowly and, neither of them were in a hurry to begin talking.. They hadn’t seen each other since that night. They’d both avoided one another, not knowing how to act or what to say around each other.

“How have you been?” Spike asked, breaking the silence that had seemed to encase them.

“Not too bad. I have my good days and my bad days,” she replied, looking at the ground. “You?”

“Not too bad either… it’s been a while.”

“To be honest, I didn’t know what to say.” She whispered softly.

“I’m the same, luv.”

They both let out a laugh, smiling gently at each other. Buffy couldn’t help but notice how blue his eyes were. “Have his eyes always been that blue?
Spike couldn’t believe that Buffy was finally standing right in front of him. He wanted more than anything to reach out and touch her, to hold her and to kiss her but he knew that he would only scare her away.

“I thought I should come and see how you are. It’s been so…” her words were cut off as she making her way across the room, she tripped over a rug she hadn’t noticed. Spike leapt forward, catching Buffy before she hit the floor.

Buffy met Spike’s eyes and felt her body shake at the electricity cracking between them.

Before either of them knew what was happening, they were wrapped in each other’s arms. Spike pushed Buffy up against the closest wall, their tongues battling for dominance. Buffy ran her hands up and down Spike’s back, gasping when she felt his hand slide under her shirt and grasp one of breasts. Shocked, she abruptly pulled away and placed both her hands on his chest to stop him.

“Stop, please stop.” She struggled to get her breath. “I can’t,” Buffy whispered.

Spike nodded and moved away from her, running his hands through his hair as he begun to pace.

“I can’t handle anymore guilt.” Buffy explained, looking up into his eyes.

“Guilt over what?” Spike asked, watching as she moved around the crypt.

“I cheated on Riley and I know that it was to save the world but…” She couldn’t bring herself to finish the sentence.
Moving across the crypt to stand in front of her, Spike cupped her cheek.

“Hey, look at me,” he whispered, smiling softly when Buffy met his eyes.

“You have nothing to feel guilty about. Like you said, it was to save the world, it’s not like you just fell into bed with some bloke because you were looking for a shag.”

“I know.”

“Then why do you feel guilty?”

“Because I enjoyed it, all of it.” Buffy said, her eyes beginning to water. “I keep thinking about it and more than anything… I want it to happen again.” Buffy whispered, just loud enough for Spike to hear.

Buffy felt a shiver run through her, she couldn’t believe she had just told Spike she wanted it to happen again. She’d never thought she could be so honest about her feelings for him but one look, one touch and the truth just came out.

“Ditto,” he whispered, leaning his forehead against hers as he cupped her cheek.

“You’re all I bloody think about. Dream about. I’m drowning in you, Summers. I’m drowning in you,” he confessed. Buffy shuddered at his words, feeling moisture pool between her legs as her breathing came out in short pants.

Spike could smell her arousal and the feel of her hot breath on his face was enough to make him almost come. He was so hard, he thought he might rip through his jeans.

Buffy couldn’t stop herself from raising up, brushing her lips across his and gently slipping her tongue past his lips. She let out a moan when she felt his tongue push back against hers.

“To hell with the guilt.” She attempted to deepen their kiss but was shocked when he suddenly pulled away from her and stared at her confusion.

Spike thought he was hearing things but when he stepped away from her he heard the unmistakable sounds of a second heat beat in the room .

“THUMP, THUMP, THUMP.”

Moving away from Buffy, he hesitantly raised his head and met her gaze.

“Something you want to tell me, luv?” Spike asked, gritting his teeth in anger.

“What?” She replied, confused. When he finally turned to look at her, Buffy could see hurt and anger in his eyes.

“Seems you have a bun in the oven.” He said, pointing at her flat belly. Buffy instinctively brought her hands up to her stomach. “Solider boy must be thrilled, the proud daddy.” he spat.

“He doesn’t know yet. How did you?”

“Vampires have excellent hearing, luv.” he replied.

“I think Riley will be far from thrilled.”

“I would have thought Captain Cardboard would be over the moon. All about white picketed fences, a bunch of rug rats running around his feet.”

“I wouldn’t know, we’ve never really talked about it.”

“Why wouldn’t you think he’d be happy about it?”

“Cause it isn’t his,” she replied, meeting his gaze.

“Oh,” Spike said, confused.

“I came here today to tell you that Giles translated the scroll wrong.” Spike’s head shot up.

“What?”

“You remember the part that says your powers will be copied and transferred to me.” At Spike’s nod, Buffy continued. “It actually says that both our powers will be copied and transferred to a single person… a child… my child… Our child.”

Spikes eyes were wide in shock. He shook his head, certain that he must have heard her wrong.

“Are you saying…”

Buffy quickly cut him off. “You’re the father.”


Spike felt his world spin at her words, Buffy was pregnant. Not with Riley’s child, with his child. He couldn’t even process the information she had just given him.

Spike grabbed his duster and, brushing past Buffy, he walked out the crypt door. Buffy didn’t bother to call out to him or look to see if he had left, she couldn’t feel him anymore and knew he was gone.

Allowing a silent tear to fall, it wasn’t long before sobs shook her body and she allowed herself to fall to the crypt floor. Buffy had feared his rejection but had never thought she’d feel so much pain. She wished she had agreed to have Willow come with her.

Buffy willed the tears away, pulling herself together and to her feet, she knew this night was far from over… she still had to tell Riley.


Chapter End Notes:
So?? What do you guys think?? Let me know.