Author's Chapter Notes:
A MASSIVE thanks to my Beta Pixiecorn (Kelly) your the best Hun, Also a HUGE thanks to Edgehead (Mel) for the awesome banner, i love you work girl. Also i just wanted to thank everyone how has taken the time to review, i have received an amazing mount of reviews from here, Elysain Fields and Fanfiction.net, thank you all so much, you guys are my muse.
Chapter 7.

How to proposition a vampire.


Buffy had been standing out the front of Spike’s crypt, pacing back and forth for what seemed like hours but in truth, it had only been minutes. She was nervous. What was she going to say to him? Would he laugh at her? Be repulsed by the thought of touching her?

How did one go about asking a vampire to sleep with them?

God. She couldn’t do this. Who was she kidding? Did she really think she could do this?

With a frustrated sigh, she turned to leave but stopped abruptly. She had to do this. If she didn’t, the whole world was going to go to hell and she couldn’t let that happen just because she was afraid of rejection.

Could she?

“No!” She thought, shaking her head.

Buffy spun on her heel, coming once again face to face with the crypt door. She took a much needed deep breath as she reached out to open the door. Her hand hovered over the handle in hesitation. “Suck it up, Summers. Get it together. You can do this.”

Buffy was roughly brought out of her thoughts by Spike’s voice.

“Are you going to come in or are you going to stand out there all day?” he would have opened the door for her but the sun was still up and wouldn’t set for a few more hours.

“Heard me, huh?” She asked sheepishly, popping her head in.

“Only for the last five minutes,” Spike replied, sarcastically. She let out a laugh, slowly entering his crypt.

“You want to tell me why you were wearing a hole in the ground?” he asked, lighting a smoke. Buffy almost fainted when she realized that he was walking around wearing only his boots and black jeans.

She swallowed, unable to tear her eyes off his milky white chest; it was flawless, well defined and perfectly sculptured. Her throat went dry as her cheeks flushed red. Spike watched as Buffy’s eyes travelled down his chest and couldn’t stop the smirk that rose on his lips.

“See something you like, pet?” Buffy’s blush deepened as she abruptly turned away.

“Put a shirt on, Spike.” Buffy snapped, flushed with embracement.

“You can look all you like, pet.” Amusement laced his voice as he slipped a skin tight black shirt on. Buffy’s gaze travelled to his muscles that were defined by the tight material.

“God. Did he have to be so lickable?” She couldn’t help but think. “Oh my god!” Buffy silently cursed, embarrassed that Spike was having such an effect on her.

Spike could see Buffy’s inner conflict and decided to try and break the ice to see what she was here for.

“Is there a specific reason why you’re here, luv?” Spike asked, taking one last drag from his cigarette before dropping it and stomping it out.

“No. I-I was just in the neighbourhood and thought I’d drop by.” Buffy replied, moving passed him to walk around the crypt. Why was she delaying this? She should just get it over and done with?

“Right… You just happened to be walking through the cemetery during the day? Looking for those vampires with the special sun screen, luv?” Spike asked, his voice laced with sarcasm. Buffy let out a nervous laugh. It was over. He’d caught her.

“You’re funny!” She smiled as Spike raised an eyebrow.

“Buffy, you want to tell me what’s going on?”

“Why would you think something’s going on?”

“Well, for starters you were pacing out front of my place for five minutes, second you’re here during the day and third, will you please stop bloody pacing. Spill it, Summers.”

Buffy sighed in defeat. “It’s now or never,” she told herself.

“There is something I need to ask you….A favour.” She whispered softly. Spike motioned for her to take a seat, taking his own seat across from her.

“I probably should have told you about this weeks ago b-but I wasn’t sure how things were going to turn out….I-I thought I should wait until I did know for sure.”

“I had a feeling there was something you weren’t telling me,” he nodded.

“So?” he motioned for her to continue

“So… the watcher’s council called Giles a few weeks ago. They had an old scroll that they needed Giles to translate…I-it had a prophecy that mentioned me and an upcoming apocalypse,”

“I hate prophecies.” Spike’s eyes darkened.

“Ditto,” she laughed, softly.

“What did it say?” He pressed on.

“That I’d lose,” she said simply. Spike was shocked, not knowing what to say.

“Oh, Buffy I… I don’t know what to say,” he felt fear grip him at the thought of her dying. There was a time when he wanted nothing more than to see the slayer dead, wanting to kill her with his own hands. But things had changed. The thought of losing her sacred him more than he would ever admit.

“I felt pretty much the same way when Giles told me too,”

“So, that’s all it said? That you’d lose?”

“Not quiet… It said that on the day of the major apocalypse that my power…my strength alone wouldn’t be enough. E-everyone on this earth would suffer unbearable pain and torment in hell.” Spike couldn’t believe his ears.

“There’s nothing anyone can do?” he asked.

“There is one loop hole,” Buffy said hesitantly.

“Well, what is it?”

“It’s a ritual…At a certain time and date…Tomorrow night between eight and midnight there’s going to be a transfer of power…” she paused and took a deep breath. “From a vampire to a slayer,” she whispered.

“I’m guessing that’s where I come in?”

“Yep…It has to be a vampire of great strength and power… a master vampire.”

Spike nodded understandingly.

“So, this transfer…would it leave me powerless?” If it meant saving her life he’d do it in a heartbeat.

“No. Giles said that there’s some sort of supernatural alignment of the stars that allows for your powers to be… copied and transferred to me.”

“Well, alright then. How do we do this ritual?” Buffy laughed softly, taking a deep breath and meeting his gaze as she sought the courage to tell him.

“Buffy, luv, you’re scaring me. What is it that you’re not telling me?” he asked, getting nervous.

“The transfer can only be successful if between eight and midnight tomorrow night we… there has to be a physical act, a…sexual act,” she finished, breaking his gaze.

“What?” Spike coughed knowing he had heard her wrong.

“I have to take in the ‘Seed de la mort’ for the transfer to happen…”

“Seed of the dead,” he translated.

“You know Romanian?”

“Spent some time there in the 1800’s.” Buffy nodded, knowing it was probably around the same time Angelus had become Angel. Ridding her mind of all thoughts of Angel, she tried to focus on why she was there.

“Luv, are trying to proposition me?” Spike asked with a smirk, positive Buffy would say no.

“Actually… yeah I am.”

Smirk disappearing, he couldn’t believe his ears. Surly she was having him on but from the look on her face he knew she wasn’t. Spike stood from his seat and began to pace.

“Is this why you’ve been spending so much time with me lately? Asking all those questions?” He asked, spinning around to face her, clearly annoyed. Buffy stood to face him.

“No… Well at first, yes. I knew it may come to this and I didn’t feel comfortable sleeping with a complete stranger, so I figured…” Spike quickly cut her off.

“What about Angel?” The thought of even suggesting his grandsire sickened him but it had slipped out before he could stop it.

“No. H-he would lose his soul in a second if we ever…again.” Buffy sighed and ran a hand through her hair. “Look, I know the thought of touching me like that probably makes you sick to your stomach but…”

“Doesn’t make me sick, luv. How could it? Your gorgeous.” Buffy blushed at his words, lowering her head. Her stomach was doing flip flops. Spike thought she was gorgeous.

“I’m just shocked is all,”

“Me too,” she smiled, blushing as he walked closer to her before stopping just inches away from her. Buffy felt her breath catch in her throat. Was he going to kiss her?

Buffy’s shoulders sagged as Spike took a step back.

“It just doesn’t seem right, Buffy. That you have to be put in this position,” she smiled softly.

“You sound like Giles.”

“What about Riley?” Spike honestly didn’t care what farm boy thought but he needed to know where he was in all of this.

“He can never know. He wouldn’t understand.”

Spike nodded his agreement. Truth be told, soldier boy would probably rather the world go to hell then let Buffy sleep with him.

“I don’t know what to say, luv.”

“Well, you’re not laughing so that’s a good start.” He leaned in, cupping her check gently.

“I would never laugh at you, pet.”

Buffy smiled, feeling a jolt run through her at the feel of his cool hand on her warm check. She took a step back, rubbing away the goose bumps on her arms. She met his gaze, needing to know his answer.

“So what do you think?”

“What do I think? A million bloody things,” he sighed.

“I know you probably need time to think about everything…but I’ll need to know as soon as possible. I-if you’re answer is no I’ll have to find someone else,” she explained. Spike had to suppress a growl at the thought of her in the arms of another vampire. He felt like screaming in rage.

He couldn’t let her do this with anyone else. No one else could be trusted not to kill her right after and chances were she wouldn’t find another vampire willing to help save the world.

“That won’t be necessary… I’ll do it.” Buffy’s eyes widened in surprise.

“I like this world remember. Besides, there is no way you could trust another vampire with this… N-not that you trust me, but I can’t hurt you. The chip kind of…” he pointed to his head, knowing that wasn’t the only reason he couldn’t hurt her.

“I do… trust you,” she smiled.

“Well, that’s something I guess,” he smiled back.

“Okay. So tomorrow night at about eight o’clock at my house?”

“I’ll be there, pet.” He nodded, watching the shy grin spread on her face before she turned to leave.

“Thank you, Spike.” Buffy whispered before walking out the door and into the day light.

Spike stood frozen in the same spot, he couldn’t believe what had just happened. It didn’t seem real. Tomorrow night he was going to make love to Buffy Summers.

A smile crept up on his face; he was going to make love to Buffy Summers. This was his chance, his one shot to show her how good they could be together. He was going to make sure it was a night she would never forget


Chapter End Notes:
So??? Do you like? let me know what you think :)