Author's Chapter Notes:
I was playing alot of chaos Bleeds while I wrote this story. Be warned.
The Hunt

"Anything?" Faith called to Buffy, both armed with stakes.

The dankness of another forgotten factory surrounded the brunette. The air was thick with grime and even without her sister Slayer's super senses she could smell the empty stenches of mold and stagnant water. The place was more than empty; it was abandoned.

Buffy came down the circling stairs. "Nothing. It was just… " She shrugged. The old factory was left years ago. The last time any of the Scoobies, including Spike, had walked through this place was almost four years ago as it burned.

This, the old hiding place of Drusilla and Spike during her junior year, was covered in dust from ceiling to floor.

"Well, you said it was just a hunch anyway." Faith tried to lift the other Slayer's fallen spirits.

The nagging memory of Spike's few descriptions of Drusilla ran through the blonde Slayer’s mind.

The old vampiress liked to try to keep pets and flowers. She just couldn't keep anything alive. Nothing could grow and breathe around the living dead, or at least not around a kook who couldn't remember to feed or water them. After the sights in the pet store, the idea that another old enemy had come back emerged.

"I guess." She took a final look around and walked up to Faith who stood by the exit of the building. "I probably ought to be glad. What a mess that would make." She laughed. "A chick fight over Spike with Drusilla. I think that may have to be right on the top of the list of 'things I never thought possible'."

"And it's the crazy ones you have to watch out for. They always fight dirty," Faith joked as they walked out and into what was left of daylight. "Looks like sunset, wanna head on to that magic store you were telling me about?"

"Yeah, might as well. This was my last guess."

Faith pocketed her stake just as Buffy slipped hers back into her sleeve. The ladies walked out of the alley and headed towards the center of downtown Sunnydale. In the back of her mind she realized she never even looked for a job, her calling seemed to take president.

~~`~~

A lone customer roamed The Magic Box while Willow sat in front of her laptop. Tara was seated two chairs down from her, both needing ample spaces for the task at hand.

Anya kept a watchful eye on the blonde man looking over shelves at random. She'd asked twice if he needed help, and obviously he did, but instead of letting her help and make a sale, he insisted on looking over the entire store. It was infuriating to the ex-demon. She walked from her perch on the stool at the counter to the research table. "Why do people do that?"

Tara looked up at the confused strawberry blonde. Anya's love for hair color was another strange quirk most overlooked. "What's wrong?"

"That man." Anya motioned with her head quickly at the offensive person. "He's just walking around. He's not making a purchase."

Willow looked up for a minute at the annoyed shopkeeper and smiled at her lover before continuing her typing.

"Well, maybe he's looking for more than one thing, or he could be new in town and never saw a magic shop before." The blonde witch guessed.

Anya mulled this around a little. "I suppose. In that case, I will be patient," She decided and sat down in the empty chair between the two. "So, what have we found?" She picked up a discarded book and flipped through the pages absently.

"Not much yet," Willow said when her last search failed. "I can't find a spell that will follow human blood and animal blood mixed together, and the diaries didn't have much on vamp couples that went for that either."

"I'm still trying to find accounts of humans who were once vampires having golden eyes," Tara said. "Or Slayers with them," She turned a few more pages in the book. "Only problem is… no vampire has ever become human before other than Ashton, and he had nothing like that. As far as Slayers with golden eyes…" She shut the book. "I don't think there's anything here."

Anya reached across the table for a book, then turned and looked at the door to the shop when the overhead bell rang. The man was gone. She stood from her seat and watched as a familiar group came in.

Xander was ahead of the group with Dawn and Spike behind him. "Hi, honey, I'm sto-ore."

He smiled at his wife and walked to her. A light kiss was placed on his cheek as he wrapped an arm lazily around her waist. Anya sat back down, and Xander took the empty seat beside her. "Any good news?"

"Please tell me you found something," Dawn said and flopped into the chair next to Willow.

Spike walked by the table and planted himself on the steps up to the loft.

"Sorry, guys. Nada on all counts." The redhead answered.

The two Slayers came in as Willow proclaimed the result of hours of research.

"Nothing?" Buffy came down the few steps and stopped at Willow's side. She looked over her shoulder at the screen. On it, the words 'no matches found' flashed. "I guess not."

"I'm sorry, Buffy," Tara apologized. "The texts we have don't tell us anything either."

Xander smiled widely. "We could always call Giles."

"Don't think so. He's going to call us soon anyway." She nodded her head at the silent girl behind her. "Faith."

"Oh yeah," Xander said.

"I think it's intensive patrol time," Buffy declared. "We should split up. Cover as much ground as we can tonight."

"You want us to take Dawnie tonight?" Willow asked.

"I don't need a babysitter." The teen crossed her arms and stared at her sister.

"No, you don't need a babysitter, but it's already getting dark. And I need to know you'll get home okay."

"Can't I just help? I'm old enough. Spike's been showing me some moves."

Buffy's brow went up. "Oh he has, has he?"

Spike was immediately defensive. "What? It's the Hellmouth, luv. You think a bit of training isn't necessary? 'Specially bein' involved with this lot." He motioned towards the others in the room.

"Point taken, but you should have said something." She turned back to her sister. "And you still don't get to stay home alone, or walk through town after dark alone."

Dawn rolled her eyes. "Fine. Whatever. Am I allowed to breathe alone, or should I be supervised?"

"Dawn." Buffy shook her head. Sometimes she hated it when her sister had points. Especially when they made sense. Too often she'd been reminded of how old all her friends were when they'd begun helping her. On impulse Buffy made a decision. "Dawn's with me. Tara, too, if you're up for it," she asked the Wiccan.

Dawn's eyes were wide, unsure if she'd just heard her sister right, but decided not to question it. "Yeah, what do you need?"

"Can you get some stuff together that you can use and Willow, too?"

"There are a few potions, premixed. No magic's involved once it's together."

"Great. Anya, you up to it?"

"Can I be on Xander's team?"

"Sure."

"Ok. Just let me close up." She walked away to finish up the days paperwork.

"Can you make enough for all three of you?" she asked Tara.

"I think so. Just a simple flame spell ought to do the trick. Quick boom, lotsa heat. Direct hit still won't kill a vampire, but it'll stun them." She began gathering supplies needed from the store's shelves.

"What do I get?" Dawn asked.

"Gotcha covered, Dawnster," Xander said. He went behind the counter and pulled out a water gun. "Anya keeps it back here, just in case of another vamp attack." He handed over the double-handled dark green water pistol, complete with an ample supply of holy water attached to the top in a bright yellow container.

Dawn took the toy made lethal by Xander‘s creative idea. "Cool."

Tara walked back through the room and into the office, her hands full of supplies.

Spike stood up. "Well, if you're takin' the Bit, I'll take Red." He looked at Willow. "A'right?"

Willow nodded.

"Guess that leaves me with the happy couple." Faith, now feeling more at home in the middle of 'demon killing' talk, walked up behind the married pair and put her arms around their shoulders. "Try not to stop for nookie."

Instead of being offended, Anya looked at her very seriously. "Oh, we haven't had sex outside in many months. Although sometimes Xander likes to- "

"An! Not the time," Xander said as his cheeks began to flush.

Anya smiled sweetly at her husband. "Ah. Yes." She nodded vigorously. "Demons. Going to kill the vampires."

"Right," Buffy said. "Ok, we'll take the outskirts. Check out the woods and the make-out spots."

"We've got dibs on the cemeteries," Faith said.

"Leaves us downtown. Shouldn't be too hard with the combing we gave it today," Spike decided.

Tara came back with an armful of small vials, all glowing orange.

They all headed out armed with crossbows, stakes and small vials. All but Dawn, who was still proud to be carrying the water pistol and out on a patrol with her big sister.

~~`~~

The blonde woman walked up to the nurse just outside the doors of Sunnydale‘s Hospital. Her tear-stained cheeks made it evident to the seasoned professional that the young woman had just lost someone.

The nurse blew the smoke from her cigarette out, then tossed the butt into the ashtray attached to the side of the building. She took a few tentative steps to the young girl "Are you ok, miss?"

The blonde wiped her eyes with her tissue. She sniffed again and blew her nose. "Y-yes."

Again another round of crying began.

The nurse studied the girl. She'd most definitely lost a loved one. Probably came to the designated smoking area behind the hospital to be alone. "Are you sure?"

The blonde wiped her face with the tissue, seemingly drying her eyes, but when the thin piece of tissue was pulled away, her face was contorted and her forehead was ridged. "I will be."

She lunged at the nurse and grabbed her hair. The nurse's head was pulled back quickly.

The vampire took a moment to relish the sight and smell of a healthy pumping jugular, then sank her fangs into the tender skin, careful not to spill the blood as it pumped into her mouth.

In moments the body was still and the skin had a deathly pallor. With satisfaction, Harmony disengaged herself from the corpse of the nurse. Her golden hair was now loosened from its bun.

Quick claps came from behind her. "Lovely," Drusilla proclaimed happily. "Now don't mess her pretty outfit." She held onto a long purple ribbon. At its end, Sweets the puppy was sitting patiently, waiting.

Harmony took care undressing the dead nurse and changing into the white pants and blouse. In moments, she had the I.D. card clipped to her waistband. The picture, although not an exact depiction of its wearer, was close enough to fool anyone glancing at it into seeing that she was wearing the identification needed for all areas of the Labor and Delivery ward.

~~`~~

Faith wandered a few feet ahead of Xander and Anya through the cemetery. Her stake was in hand, and her stride was natural. "Did you say this one was Spike's?"

"Yeah," Xander called. "The crypt over there." He pointed towards the large stone structure the former vampire had called home not too long ago.

"I'm gonna go check it out. Wanna come?"

Anya crinkled her nose with disgust. "I don't think these were meant to be worn in crypts." She pointed at her stylish feet, adorned with the specially ordered shoes.

"Suit yourself. Xander?"

"Sadly, I try to stay clear of that place. A few bad and some much worse memories." And that bed was still there. The one where inviso-Buff had boinked Dead Boy. Regardless of his changed feelings for the now humanized version of 'Dead Boy,' there were still some things he wished to feign ignorance of. That day was one.

"You two alright?" Faith asked, double checking her Slayer senses for impending vamp attacks. There was nothing.

"We're good." Xander raised his crossbow, and Anya held up her small brown canvas bag that held five of the fire vials.

"Ok, be right back." Faith ran towards the crypt and came short of running down the door. She listened for a moment, then opened the heavy door carefully.

The upper level was bare. The crypt was cleaner than most, but she'd expected that. She walked over to the trap door she noticed and opened it. The feeling was the same here. A vampire had obviously been here, but, again, that was a feeling she expected.

Slowly she went down. No light illuminated the area. She waited, hoping her eyes would adjust, but in the end she had only her other senses to rely on. Her ears heard trickles of water from somewhere, her nose smelled the faint odor of a vampire, and the air felt thick and stale.

She moved carefully through the underground level and came to a bed. It was piled with a few stray garments, probably things Spike left behind. There was no sign of new occupancy. Satisfied that the place was still abandoned, Faith headed back to the stairs when she stepped in something squishy.

"Oh, something did move in. Unfortunately, I'm looking for the two legged creatures, not four." She wiped the sole of her shoe into the dirt, hoping the offensive material came off, and went back up the ladder.

~~`~~

The blonde nurse walked easily through the corridors towards the maternity ward on the sixth floor. Signs with tiny arrows and the words 'Labor and Delivery' helped to guide her way. She received stares from a few males and happily gave them each a smile. She loved looking the way she did and knowing she always would. Although she hadn't taken to vampirism very well, she definitely enjoyed the perks.

She came to a large set of double doors with a key card swipe lit in red on the wall to her right. She unclipped her I.D. and slid the card clipped behind the badge through. A quiet beep came and the doors swung open. She quickly reattached the I.D. to her waist and walked into the nursery with a relieved smile.

A woman with her baby was rocking slowly while she hummed at her newborn wrapped in a blue blanket. She gave the nurse a smile. "I can't believe how much he sleeps."

Harmony was caught off guard with the statement. "I think they're supposed to. You know, until they learn to have a screaming fit."

The woman gave her a perplexed look, then giggled quietly. "I guess you're right. Better enjoy this while it lasts."

"Yeah." Harmony nodded then looked over the choice of babies.


Chapter End Notes:
TaDa. Oh and I already have the next 2 chapters of Comm 101 written so look for another update on that Tuesday if not earlier.Deserving will be updated by today's end.