Chapter 38: Truth or Dare

It was just a small gathering at the Summers’ home that night. Buffy was seated comfortably on Spike’s lap on the couch to make room for others to sit. Dawn was next to her, and Giles sat on the end. Xander, Anya, Willow, and Tara were seated around the coffee table with Dana.

“Well, that’s everything then,” Buffy said with a nod, eyes scouring over her presents. She tried to hide the disappointment in her voice that she hadn’t gotten one from Spike. Maybe he really had been serious when he’d said he wouldn’t get her anything if she didn’t tell him.

“Wait a minute,” Dawn spoke up. “Where’s Spike’s present?” Buffy snapped her attention to her sister.

“Dawn, it’s ok. He didn’t have to…”

“You mean this?” Spike pulled something out of his coat pocket. It was a little brown bag, nothing fancy. Buffy eyed him.

“Look, Buffy. He made you a sack lunch,” Xander teased. Buffy rolled her eyes and grabbed the bag from Spike.

“What did you do?” She shook the bag. There was something clunking around in the bottom of it. Spike couldn’t help but smile at the curiosity in her eyes.

“Just open it, pet.” Everyone looked around expectantly. Spike hadn’t told a soul, and Dawn felt a little left out that he hadn’t even talked to her about what he was getting for her sister? What if it sucked big time and he was in the doghouse? Did he even think about that?

Buffy turned the bag over, and into her hand fell a little black box, similar to the one she’d received at Christmas time. Only, this one was smaller, and it looked just like the ones guys always pulled out when they proposed marriage. Only she and Spike couldn’t get married. So it couldn’t be a ring. Could it?

Her eyes widened, and she looked at Spike, lips parted slightly.

“Spike…”

“If you’re that pleased by the outside, you won’t believe your eyes when you open it,” he urged. Buffy tried to swallow, but her throat had gone dry.

The rest of the room was thick with silence, and all eyes were on the little box in Buffy’s hand. She delicately pried the lid open, and her eyes widened even more at what was inside.

“Oh my God,” Dawn spoke, leaning over to check out the sparkly diamond.

“Hey, that’s my line,” Buffy choked out, realizing she was forcing back tears. “Spike? How did you…”

“Did a favor for Clem.” He caught the skeptical glances of a few of Buffy’s pals. “And no, it wasn’t anything evil. He owed me for a couple favors in the past.”

“Wow,” Buffy breathed. “It’s…what is it?”

“It’s a ring,” he nodded.

“Spike,” she murmured, her gaze locking into his.

“I figure…we belong to each other now. Maybe we can’t get married…but wearing this shows you belong to someone.” He cleared his throat and made a grab for the box. “But if you don’t want it…”

“Shut up!” she half-laughed, swatting his hand away. She took the ring out of the box and slid it onto her ring finger. “I love it, Spike. Thank you.” After thanking him with words, she leaned in to press her lips against his. Everyone looked away a tad uncomfortably, but Anya was the first to speak up.

“That was so romantic! When do we get to drink?”

***

“I can’t believe you,” Buffy whispered when she’d finally managed to tug Spike into the empty kitchen.

“You really like it?”

“Like it? I love it! I can’t believe…it’s…wow.” She sighed heavily and tugged on the lapels of his coat, bringing him close so she could kiss him tenderly. Finally, she rested her forehead against his. “I love it, Spike. I love you.” She leaned back a little to study him. They’d come a long way since they’d first met. They’d gone from sworn enemies out to kill each other to an expectant mom and dad who couldn’t keep their hands off of each other. It was amazing the kind of man he’d become.

“I love you,” he murmured, crashing his lips down on hers, snaking his arms around her waist. After a few moments, he pulled back. “Think your friends would notice if I stole the birthday girl?”

“I think they might.”

“Come on! The game’s about to start!” Dawn called from the living room.

“You’re not playing!” Buffy protested.

“You suck!” Dawn called back. Buffy giggled when Spike’s hand grazed her ass, and she pulled out of his embrace.

“C’mon.” They headed back into the living room where the group had cleared out the coffee table. Everyone sat in a circle, as if to play Spin-the-Bottle. But there was no empty, overturned bottle. Only about a dozen bottles of different liquor and plenty of shot glasses to go around.

“So what are the rules again?” Xander asked.

“Goes like this,” Spike piped in. “You have two choices. Truth or Dare. You take a dare and don’t go through with it? Take a shot. You pick a truth and we don’t believe you or you refuse to answer? Take a shot.”

“Whoa, wait a minute!” Buffy protested, grabbing his arm, squeezing it a little. Her gaze warned him that this could go badly for them. But it was then that she realized that this was going to be his way of getting some absolute truth out of her. She wouldn’t lie, because then she’d have to drink, and she couldn’t drink because of the baby.

“You ass,” she muttered under her breath. He snickered. “You’re so gonna get it later, you know that, right?”

“I’m counting on it.” His voice was laced with desire, and she felt a shiver run up her spine.

“Come on, Buff,” Xander called out. “Birthday girl gets to go first.”

Buffy and Spike settled down in the circle, and Spike cleared his throat.

“First things first, blue bottle is off limits to anyone but the birthday girl. Buffy, you can only drink from the blue bottle.”

“Isn’t that like…really potent vodka?” Tara asked, picking the bottle up. She started to sniff it, but Spike whisked it out of her hands.

“Gotta go all out on your twenty-first.”

“Aw, nothing says ‘happy birthday, honey’ like getting your girlfriend all trashed.” Spike raised an eyebrow.

“Are you even old enough to drink yet, Harris? Rosenberg?”

“I’m over eleven hundred years old,” Anya said with a raised hand.

“You in, old man?” Spike asked, looking at Giles.

“Excuse me, but you’re three times my age!”

“Try about twice. Oh, c’mon, Rupert,” Spike chuckled, “you don’t expect me to believe you’re in your forties, do you?” Giles shot him a glance, but Spike turned his attention to the rest of the group.

“Ready?”

“This sucks,” Dawn pointed out. Everyone turned to her. “What? I just wanted to point out the suck factor.”

“You know what?” Willow asked. “I don’t think I wanna play. Wanna help me cut the cake, Dawnie?”

“You don’t have to do that for me,” Dawn said with a shrug.

“Come on. I don’t feel like drinking.”

“I’ll help,” Tara offered, not wanting to be asked any questions she didn’t feel comfortable answering.

“Me too,” Dana offered, getting up out of the circle and heading into the kitchen with the rest.

“Wankers,” Spike muttered. “Alright then. Guess it’s just us.” The circle tightened in.

“Ok. I’m starting,” Buffy pointed out, grabbing the blue bottle and keeping it close. She eyed Spike. “Truth or Dare.”

“Truth,” he scoffed.

“Wait,” Buffy pointed out. “I think we need a new rule.” She suddenly remembered what she’d said to Spike earlier about drinking.

“What’s that?”

“Spike doesn’t get to drink.”

“What?” Spike asked. Buffy glared at him.

“Oh, come on. If I have to drink the…uh…hard stuff, you don’t get to drink anything.”

“Oh, right,” Spike muttered. “Save me to pull your hair back for you when you’re praying to the porcelain god, right?”

“Something like that,” she said with a snicker.

“I like this. Spike without alcohol in an alcohol-friendly environment,” Xander nodded. “So…instead of drinking, what should we make him do? Please tell me it involves ingesting something really gross.” Xander was practically filled with glee. Buffy thought for a moment. If Spike could play this little game to get some solid truths out of her, she could…ah hah!

“If we don’t believe him, he’s got to toss out one cigarette.”

“Oh, come on! I’ve only got one bloody pack…and not many left in it.”

“Then it should be a quick game for you.” She smiled. “Smoking is a nasty habit, sweetie.” Despite the fact that he should probably be pissed off, it was only turning him on to know that she was matching him tit for tat. If he played by her new rules, he might just get a little tit and tat later on.

“Fine,” he agreed, tossing his crinkled pack of cigarettes into the circle. “Game on, Slayer.”

***

Of course, everyone had at first ganged up on Spike, and his cigarettes were gone in no time. Buffy had even stuck them in a glass of water to ruin them, for good measure. Now, the real fun was starting, and he was ready to ask his first question to his minxy little Slayer.

“Alright, pet. You asked for it.”

“Come on, Spike. Whattya got?”

“Truth. Or. Dare.”

“Truth,” she smiled.

“Where’s the kinkiest place you’ve ever done the nasty?”

“What?!” Buffy barked. “No way in Hell!”

“Drink up, Buffster,” Xander grinned.

“It’s the rule. Plus, it’s your twenty-first. You should want to drink, right?” Anya asked. Buffy rolled her eyes. What was she supposed to do? Pretend that it made her sick? But, when she brought the bottle to her lips, she realized that inside was nothing more than water. Her eyes met Spike’s, and he smirked. She took a large swig, and then smiled at him.

“Whoa, slow down there, killer,” Xander offered. “Let the rest of us catch up.”

“Spike, Truth or Dare?”

“Out of cigs, pet. What makes you think I’ll tell you the truth?”

“Because your night could end one of two ways. With the best sex you’ve ever had, or with and itchy old blanket in the basement to keep you company.”

“I think I need a drink,” Giles muttered, reaching for a bottle and taking a swig out of turn.

“Right then. Truth.” Buffy eyed him, trying to come up with something really good.

“How old were you when you lost your virginity?”

“Oh, this oughtta be good,” Xander snickered.

“Don’t think I…”

“I would reconsider your answers carefully, Mr. Pratt. You know your options.” Spike grumbled.

“Fine. Twenty seven. Are you happy?” All eyes widened, and Xander was the first to let out a laugh.

“You’re kidding, right? No, you can’t be lying. I mean, if you were lying, you’d say seventeen or…”

“Sod off, Mr. I Lost My Virginity to a Psycho Slayer.”

“Buffy! You told him?” Buffy shrugged her shoulders.

“Everybody kind of knows, sweetie,” Anya pointed out. “Besides, it doesn’t mean anything. I mean, she wasn’t as good as me, right? Right?!”

“Right,” Xander assured her, finding her need for instant validation charming.

“Seriously?” Buffy asked. “Twenty-seven?”

“Yeah. With Dru after she turned me. What of it?” Spike asked, clearly wishing he could find a grave to crawl into right about now.

“You mean, you never had sex when you were human? Ever?” Anya asked.

“Wasn’t exactly the man of the world that I am now, if that’s what you’re asking.”

“Twenty-seven? That’s…that’s lame, Spike.”

“If you want to play that card, I’ve got a whole deck waiting for you, Harris.”

“We’re past that. Giles, how old were you?” Anya wondered.

“It’s not my turn,” Giles pointed out.

“Oh. Buffy? Do you accept Spike’s answer.”

“Uh…yeah,” Buffy said slowly, still stunned that she’d lost her virginity a full ten years younger than Spike had been when he’d lost his.

“Right then,” Spike growled, eyeing Buffy. But, instead of asking her, he turned to Giles. “Rupert. Truth or dare?”

“Why am I playing?”

“You already took a shot. You’re in it to win it now, Watcher.”

“Fine. Truth.”

“Same question.”

“Sixteen.”

“What?” Xander asked, shocked and outraged. “No way!”

“Sweetie, nobody finds you inadequate. I find you charming, and I really want to have sex with you right now,” Anya assured him, patting his knee.

“Way to go, Rupert,” Spike snickered. “Wouldn’t have thought you’d have it in you? Wait. Or did you. Think he might be lying.”

“I’m not lying, but I think I’d like that shot right about now.” Giles took another shot of something that smelled like rubbing alcohol. “Somebody can take my turn. I think I’d rather not hear anymore about all of your…affairs.”

“Aw, come on, Giles,” Buffy pouted. “It’s my birthday.”

“No thank you,” Giles said, shaking his head. “You’re all young enough to be my children.” He shot Spike a look. “Except you. You could be my great-grandfather.”

“Hey, it could be worse. You could have lost your virginity when you were twenty-seven. And dead,” Anya pointed out with a nod. She smiled.

“Oh, come off it,” Spike spat, longing to drown out the fact that he’d actually answered that question. “Fine. Since the Watcher quits, I get another go.”

“How’s that fair?” Buffy wondered.

“Dunno. Just is. Buffy. Truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“Why isn’t anyone taking a dare? I think Buffy should drink just for not playing the fun way.”

“I agree with Anya. Drink up, Buff.” Buffy shrugged her shoulders and took a sip of her water, making a face for effect.

“Anyway,” Buffy continued. “Truth me, Spike.”

“Alright, Slayer,” he murmured. “Tell me, what’s your favorite thing about me? And don’t get mushy on me. What really turns you on, and why?” Buffy’s jaw dropped.

“Can I throw up now?” Xander asked.

“I wanna know,” Anya encouraged. “If you say ‘penis,’ that’s boring.” Suddenly, Buffy wished she were drunk. Very drunk. At least then she wouldn’t have to be responsible for her words. Then again, her friends thought she already had some alcohol in her system. Oh, this could get good. Maybe if she got him hot and bothered enough, he’d end this stupid game and take her upstairs. She felt herself getting wet at the concept.

“Ok.” She smiled, wetting her lips a little. “Your hands.”

“I call boring,” Anya protested.

“What about my hands?” She smiled devilishly at him.

“I like the way they make me feel when they’re all over me.”

“Whoa. Not drunk enough for this yet.” Xander quickly took another shot.

“I like the way they go right where I need them the most without having to ask…most of the time.” Spike felt something stirring in his jeans, and he swallowed hard.

“Um…g…good…uh…your turn.” Willow and Dawn came marching into the room.

“Who wants cake?”

***

Two hours, half-a-cake, and several drunk Scoobies later, Buffy was ready to go to bed, and she didn’t want to sleep.

Willow and Tara had driven Dana home and then come back to hang out for a while longer, but they’d soon passed out asleep on the floor. Dawn was sleeping in the armchair, and Giles, trashed beyond belief, was sleeping with his head resting against the couch. Anya and Xander had held their own for quite some time until they’d disappeared down into the basement for what could only be described as the loudest sex Buffy had ever heard from anyone other than her and Spike.

“Truth or dare, luv.”

“They’re all sleeping.”

“I know. Truth or dare.” She rolled her eyes.

“Truth.”

“What do you wanna do to me right now?” he wondered. Buffy’s lips parted, and she grinned. She leaned in close, her lips a breath apart from his.

“I wanna fuck your brains out.” She reached down, cupping the bulge in his jeans, and he groaned against her lips.

“Oh fuck, Buffy.” She smiled and stood up. Looking around to make sure everyone was still asleep, she turned out the light and rushed out of the room. “Where are you…”

“Come on. I know it’s my birthday and everything,” she whispered from the staircase, “but in about ten seconds, there’s gonna be a present waiting for you on our bed that needs unwrapping.” With that, she dashed up the stairs. Spike sat there, dumbfounded and hard as a rock for about two-point-three seconds, and then he made a mad dash for the stairs.

He caught up with her on the landing, pulling her to him with one arm and pressing her back against the wall. His lips crashed against hers, and his free hand moved down her side, caressing the side of her breast. She moaned against him and tasted his lips with her tongue. She lifted one leg, draping it over his hip, and he ground against her.

“Oh…fuck,” she murmured. “Yeah…Spike…” He buried his face in her hair, murmuring little nasties that got her wetter by the second. She framed his face with her hands and pulled him to her for a bruising kiss, and she gave his lower lip a firm but gentle bite. With a wicked gleam in her eyes, she pulled him up the rest of the steps and into her bedroom. She slammed him against it, kissing him hard again, and he moaned as her hands fumbled with his belt and pulled it from the loops. Her hot little hands caressed his abs before helping him out of his shirt.

“Thought I was unwrapping you, kitten.”

“Just helping things along,” she murmured, dipping down to take a nipple into her mouth; giving it a little bite.

“Bloody hell, woman!” She smiled up at him and went to her knees. Her hands yanked at his pants, and his cock sprang out. She licked her lips and took it firmly in her hand, wrapping her long fingers around it. His head slammed back against the door the minute her mouth enveloped his tip. “Oh…so…good.”

“Mmm,” she hummed, taking him in as far as she could before rolling back up, circling his tip with her tongue.

“Not complaining here, luv, but…is this really what you…oh fuck…want for your birthday?” She grinned up at him.

“Not exactly.” She stood, and before he knew what hit him, she was tossing him across the room and into her bed. He landed square in the middle and looked up at her with surprise.

“Again, not complaining…but should you really be tossing blokes around in your condition?” Buffy said nothing and leaped onto him, straddling his naked waist. She ground her crotch against him and he felt like he was going to come right then and there. “Alright, you’re asking for it.” She squealed as he took hold of her and flipped her onto her back. Too eager to get her out of her clothes, he tore her shirt in the process of helping her out of it. “Sorry.”

“S’alright,” she assured him. “I’ll be too fat to wear it in a couple months.” She pulled him down on her again, kissing him breathlessly, but he found enough restraint to pull back and work on divesting her of her jeans. She never took her eyes off of him as she removed her bra and tossed it aside. Her matching pink, lacy underwear came next, and while Spike was down there, Buffy draped a leg over his shoulder, opening herself up to him. “Present’s open. Whatcha wanna do with it?”

Spike couldn’t suppress the growl that came from deep within, and Buffy moaned softly, that primal sound making her even wetter. Her scent invaded his nostrils, and his mouth watered. It was all he could do to force back the demon trying to emerge.

“You’re the perfect woman, you realize?” Buffy didn’t have time to respond, because as soon as the words left his mouth, he was drinking her in, his tongue probing the entrance of her hot little channel.

Her hands moved into his hair, and she pulled a little, which made him moan. She tasted like heaven, and for a moment, he wondered if this was what dying peacefully felt like.

“Spike,” she mewled. “Oh my God…please…I have to…”

“It’s alright, kitten. I’ve got what you need.” He plunged two fingers into her, curling them up to stroke the spot that made her cry out, which she did. She arched her back, her mouth opening in a gasp, and as he pumped his fingers in and out of her, he suckled on her swollen clit until he felt her stiffen and quiver.

“Spike!” she cried out. Smiling proudly up at her, he rested his head on her belly.

“Happy birthday, pet.” He crawled up her body, his cock hard and straining against her thighs. She reached down, stroking him a few times before she let go and felt him slide inside of her.

“Ahh….” She squeezed her eyes shut, and Spike’s mouth moved to the hollow of her throat. Her pulse pounded against his lips, and his mouth watered some more. As much as he wanted to drink from her, he knew the little bit inside of her needed that blood more than he did.

“God, you’re so tight,” he groaned into her neck, as she tilted her hips toward him, and he began to fuck her in slow, even strokes. Those hands of his that she loved so much bunched into her hair, pulling her head up towards his so he could kiss her; drink her in. Her tongue met his in a tangled dance, while their bodies moved in a rhythm of their very own.

“Oh God!” she cried out. “Unh…” Her hands, at first running smooth along his back, turned to claws, and she was digging in, which spurred him on. “Please…oh fuck. Faster. Need you…need you.” He quickened the pace, and his hands moved to grip her hips. He raised himself up a little getting on his knees while her legs spread out beside him, and he stared down at her as he fucked her. The way their bodies moved together…it was indescribable.

“So…bloody…perfect,” he cringed out through gritted teeth. Her back arched again, and she gasped for breath, her hands moving down her breasts before reaching out to him.

“Need you closer,” she murmured. “Come back here.” He leaned into her, pressing his mouth to hers, tasting the faint tinge of cherry from her lip gloss. He smiled against her mouth. Everything about her was perfection to him.

She opened her eyes, looking up into those soulful blue ones, seeing more love than she’d ever thought she could see one person carry for another. Her mouth opened for more breath, and she smiled up at him. If he’d had a breath in his body, she’d have taken it away just then. So stunning, sweat beading at her brow, skin glowing in the dim light of the room, gaze drinking him in; loving him.

And just like that, she closed her eyes again, and he rode out her orgasm, trying to delay his own until the last possible moment, but when her muscles continued to spasm around him, he lost control and buried his scream against her throat when he came.

“God I love you. Love everything about you,” he murmured as she struggled to find her breath. He lay very still atop her; still buried deep inside of her. “Love these lips.” He kissed her. “Love this nose.” He nibbled it for a moment, getting raspy giggle from her. “Love your eyes.” He rested his forehead against hers. “Love you so much.” She pressed her palm against his cheek and gently caressed his temple with her fingers.

“I know what you mean,” she breathed. “I love you so much.” Her lower lip quivered, and he leaned forward to capture it, kissing away the tears that threatened to fall.

“What’s wrong, luv?”

“Nothing,” she smiled. “They’re happy tears.” Spike rested his head on her chest, listening to her pounding heart begin to slow, and now that he was growing accustomed to hearing it, he could the faint murmur of their child’s heart beating. It was something so intensely intimate and mysterious, and he was in awe. He closed his eyes, and she stroked his hair, and before either of them knew it, sleep had claimed them both.


Chapter End Notes:
Hey guys! I feel like I'm sounding like a broken record with these end notes, but I just want you guys to know how much I appreciate your awesome comments. The feedback is always nice to read, and I hope that you continue to leave it, because while I enjoy writing, I also enjoy reading...and reading feedback is nice! :)