Chapter 54: Hotel Fun

“You are evil,” she laughed, as he finished licking off the rest of the hot fudge sundae he’d created on her adorable tummy. “I wanted to eat some of that.”

“Got plenty left, pet,” he said, motioning toward the room service cart. “Gotta say, a Buffy sundae tastes better than anything.”

“Anything?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. He grinned, kissing his way down her belly.

“Well, almost anything.” Buffy gasped as he circled her clit with his tongue, and she grabbed the sheets tightly between her fingers, arching back.

“Mmm…that’s still number one on my list.” He crawled back up her body and gave her a soft kiss.

“Why’d you stop?” she moaned, fingers caressing his sides.

“’Cause I’m evil.” Buffy made a face but craned her neck up so she could kiss him once again.

It was the morning after their first night in the hotel. Last night had been amazing, and Buffy had woken up feeling great for the first time in a while. The bed was pretty comfortable, and she hadn’t felt sick to her stomach. And to top it all off, as soon as she’d hopped out of the shower that morning, Spike had ravished her once again, telling her he couldn’t get enough of how sexy she looked carrying his child. She was really beginning to enjoy this pregnancy for the first time, now that she wasn’t feeling so sick.

“You got me all sticky,” she laughed, as he kissed his way down her neck and chest before taking advantage of Buffy’s slightly fuller breasts. He flicked his tongue across one nipple as he rolled the other one between his fingers. “Oh God. Don’t stop what you’re doing.” She took a few shaky breaths, and moaned as he released one breast and let his hand travel lower to caress her damp folds. She moaned, as he sucked the rosy bud before treating the other to the same torturous caresses.

“Spike,” she moaned, “oh God…” He plunged two fingers into her hot center, tugging up a little to find the sensitive spot that made her whimper. And the moment he found it, that little whimper came through, and he felt his erection twitch a little. “Oh…”

“Fuck, Buffy,” he muttered, as her hand shaped around his cock and began to stroke slowly, her thumb circling his tip as she did so. “Gonna be the death of me. Second death.”

“But who’s counting?” she grinned, picking up the pace as his mouth sparked a reign of kisses down her neck. He positioned his shaft at her slick entrance, and with a little push, he was inside of her. She bit her bottom lip and adjusted her hips a little, taking him in further. He groaned at how hot she felt around him, and she let out a little gasp of satisfaction when he stretched her walls in just the right way.

She brought her legs around his hips to pull him in further, and he groaned, burying his face into her neck. She arched her neck back a little and pulled her arms tightly around him, holding him there for a few moments while they both gained control of themselves.

“I love you so much,” she whispered, stroking the muscles in his back and reveling in the way his lips placed the softest kisses to the pulse point on her neck.

“Love you,” he muttered, his tongue making a trail to the hollow of her throat, where he nipped softly. When she moaned, he felt the vibrations against his lips, and he kissed her again, making a path back to her lips.

With a little impatient urging from her hips, he began to move inside of her, filling her so completely that she thought she might burst. Her heart began to pound as he pulled back, hands gripping the pillow on either side of her head. The look in her eyes terrified an excited her all at once. When he looked at her, his fierce blue eyes filled with hunger and unbridled need, she knew she was the only woman in the world who could make him feel that way, and it made her wetter just to think about it.

He stared down at her as he moved within her, and he watched her lips purse together and come apart with each gasp of breath and each cry he elicited from her. It spurred him on to hear his name dancing from her lips. He looked into those sparkling green eyes and saw his future. These were the eyes he wanted to wake up to every morning. This was the woman he couldn’t believe he hadn’t been waking up to not very long ago. For the first time in his life he was truly grateful to be a creature of the night, because if he’d remained William Pratt, bumbling poet with the heart of a lion and the courage of a mouse, he’d never gotten the chance to experience the only thing that had ever made him feel like a real man.

“God I love you,” he groaned into her mouth as her walls pulsed around him. His words made her heart slam harder against her chest. She brought her hand between them and circled her fingers around her swollen clit, and within moments, he felt her juices coating his cock, and the strength of her inner muscles began to milk him. With a few quick, hard thrusts, he came inside of her, and he buried his cries in her mouth, kissing her with more fervor than before.

When he finally pulled away and rolled off of her, she reached out for him, snuggling up against him with a satisfied smile on her face. He pulled one arm around her shoulders, and the other caressed her tummy. She sighed softly against him, placing soft kisses to his shoulder.

There really was nothing like lying in bed with him right after. He was a source of strength that she’d never expected. For so long, she’d spent so much time and energy trying to repel him, when all along, he had exactly what she needed. He loved her so intensely that sometimes it scared her, because she knew she felt the same about him. Love that crazy and intense didn’t normally have a happy ending. But being with him was what made her happy. As sugary sweet as it might have sounded, she needed to fall asleep with him, because she knew that if she was in her arms, that’s exactly where she’d be when she woke in the morning.

***

“All ready?” Faith asked as she tossed her clothes into a suitcase. She had the phone cradled between her ear and her shoulder.

“Yeah. I’m just throwing the rest of my things in my bag. Now we gotta decide where to go.”

“We’ll figure it out when we get to the airport. I’m thinking Sunnydale doesn’t sound so great right now, considering Giles is still working for the Council.”

“I trust Mr. Giles,” Dana said quietly, “but then again, I trusted Mr. Travers.”

“Yeah, well, don’t worry about that. Maybe we couldn’t find any dirt on him, but if something’s going on, I wanna get as far away from it as I can.”

“Faith, if you don’t want me to go with you, you can tell me. I know you’re kind’ve a loner.”

“Yeah, well, who better to have my back than a sister Slayer, huh? Just shut up and keep packing. I’ll be there in five minutes.”

“Great. See you then, Faith.”

Just down the road, Dana was just hanging up the phone when she heard a knock at her door. Frowning, she grabbed the nearest weapon she could find and moved to the door.

“Yeah?”

“Ms. Mullens, it’s Dr. Owens.”

“I’m not feeling very good. Can you come back later?”

“Actually, Mr. Travers wanted me to give you this. You left it at headquarters.” Dana frowned and slowly opened the door to see Dr. Owens standing there with her billfold.

“How’d that….I thought I had it in my purse.” She reached out and took it. “Thanks…”

“You’re welcome. Will you be coming in for your training session with Frederick today?”

“Uh…no. Not feeling well, remember?”

“Right. Well, I’ll leave you to rest. Take care of yourself, Dana.”

“Thanks,” she muttered, ushering him out the door. But as soon as he stepped out of the way, another doctor, the one she’d seen lurking outside of the conference rooms during her sessions with Dr. Owens and Mr. Travers, stepped in front of her. She gasped a little and tried to shut the door, but he moved into the door way and pushed her aside.

“Ms. Mullens,” he said with a pleasant smile. He glanced over to the couch where her bag lay with several articles of clothing strewn about, waiting to be packed. “Going somewhere?” Her gaze followed his, but the moment she looked back at him, his fist swung out and struck her across the face. She tumbled backward, and he pounced, stepping on her arm and holding her down. She tried to kick at him, but she was disoriented now.

“No!” she screamed.

“It’s alright, Dana,” he assured her. “Mr. Travers only wants what’s best for you. He wanted me to take away your pain.”

“No. Please. Don’t!” She was crying now, tears streaming down her face as her strength failed her. “Stop!” The moment he pulled a syringe out, in her mind, he turned into the man who’d drugged her in the past. He turned into the man she’d killed. “No…please.”

“It’s ok, Dana. Just relax.” Before she could scream again, she felt the needle puncture her flesh, and something burned through her veins like a raging fire. Moments later, her will to scream was gone, and she was plunged into darkness.

***

“Ow!” Dawn hissed, sucking on her finger which was now bleeding from a paper cut. She and Willow were busy hanging up wedding bell decorations in the doorway leading to the living room.

“You ok, Dawnie?”

“Yeah,” Dawn muttered. “Stupid decorations. Why can’t you and Tara just do a spell, and…”

“It’d be easier,” Willow admitted, “and a lot faster, but it’s better this way. The magicks should be used to help people…not to help yourself.”

“Learned that in your fancy witch school, huh?”

“Oh yeah.” Willow frowned. “But it’s a good point. If you tap out your powers on things like this, more than likely something big is gonna happen, and your powers won’t work right when you need them.”

“Maybe I should be a witch. I mean, you weren’t always one.”

“You could be, Dawnie, but I think you’d be better off going to school and college and getting a job doing…you know, non-mystical things.”

“You don’t think I’m strong enough to be a witch?”

“Oh, I think you are. I just think you should do something else. You’re really smart, Dawn.”

“Please, you’re way smarter than me.” Willow shrugged her shoulders. “I let magick get in the way for a while. I think if you really focused, you could make something of yourself.” Dawn smiled a little.

“I’m gonna miss you and Tara when you move out.”

“Hey, Buffy and Spike are gonna need an extra room when the baby comes.”

“Still, it’s nice having you guys around, you know? Buffy and Spike are kinda in their own little world sometimes.”

“We’ll be there every day, Dawn. It’s not like we’re moving across the country. We’ll still see each other.”

“I know. I just…I’ll miss you guys. That’s all.” Willow leaned over her ladder and gave Dawn a hug.

“We’ll miss you too.”

“Is it still considered tacky to decorate the post-nuptial car with condoms?” Anya asked, walking into the room with a box of Trojans in her hand. Willow’s eyes widened.

“Where’d you get those?”

“Under the sink in the bathroom,” Anya shrugged. “Why?” Willow looked at Dawn, whose face had gone quite pale.

“Uh, no reason. Um, no, I don’t think Buffy wants a condom-covered car. Could you help Xander with the outside stuff?”

“Ok.” Anya walked off with the condoms, and Willow turned to Dawn.

“Something you wanna tell me?”

“Not really,” Dawn said nervously.

“You and Jake?” Dawn’s face went from pale white to red, and she covered it with her hands.

“Really, really don’t want to talk about it, Willow.” Dawn climbed off of her step ladder and headed into the kitchen. As expected, Willow was right behind her. “Ok, please don’t give me the third degree, ok?”

“I won’t, and I’m not gonna ask again, ok? Just…whatever you’re doing, be careful.”

“I already got this lecture from Buffy, ok? I’m not stupid.” Willow nodded uncertainly.

“I know. I’m just worried about you.” Dawn placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

“Don’t. I’m ok. It’s cool. I promise.” She hugged Willow again.

“Does…does Buffy know?” Dawn rolled her eyes, and Willow’s frown grew deeper.

“Buffy knows Jake and I were talking about it. She also knows that I’m old enough to make decisions for myself.”

“Well, not legally,” Willow pointed out. “He could get in trouble, and…”

“Willow, please, just trust me. I really like Jake, ok? What we do is our business. I don’t want to talk about it.” Willow nodded.

“Ok, but really, Dawn, if you ever need to talk, don’t be afraid to come to me, ok?”

“I got this talk from Buffy too. I don’t need to talk, but if I do, I won’t hesitate. K?” Willow nodded, still not quite satisfied. “Now come help me with the rest of the decorations.”

***

“It’s hard to believe,” Buffy thought aloud, as she stared up at the ceiling of the hotel room.

“What’s that?”

“It’s March.”

“Yeah? So?”

“It’s kinda crazy to think about. I mean, three months ago, I’d just gotten pregnant. Five months ago, I was still in the ground. Five months ago, you had no idea we’d ever be here.” Spike kissed the top of her head.

“Neither did you, as I recall.”

“Well, I was dead.”

“I mean, after you came back,” he chuckled, caressing her shoulder.

“It seems like so long ago, you know?” Her fingers lazily made circles on his abs, feeling the muscles shrink and jump at her touch.

“Yeah. Really does. Been through a lot though.”

“Tell me about it.” She yawned and stretched in his arms. “Can you believe it, Spike? In six months, we’re gonna be parents. I mean, that’s half a year. We’re going to have a living, breathing, crying baby on our hands. I’ve never even changed a diaper. Have you?”

“Considering humans don’t generally let vampires like myself within two feet of their offspring, no. Haven’t a clue which way to put the sodding thing on.”

“We should practice.”

“Practice?”

“Yeah. You know…take a parenting class or two. I bet they have night classes for the day workers. It might be fun. The doctor did suggest signing up for birthing classes. I think maybe it’d be a good idea. You know, go to a birthing class and then out on patrol. Make a little date night out of it.” Spike couldn’t help but laugh a little. “What?”

“You realize our dates are about to go from doing lots of little nasties to a quick movie and maybe a bite to eat before patrolling and then coming home and doing diaper duty, don’t’ you?” Buffy shrugged.

“We’ll manage. Besides, Dawn’ll be there, and…”

“And we can’t let your little sis play nanny while we’re out saving the world. We’ll have to come up with something better, pet.”

“I know. Too bad they don’t have demon-proof baby strollers. We could take the baby with us if that were the case.” She frowned and groaned.

“God, what are we gonna do?”

“We’ll adjust, pet. That’s what you do when something new comes along.” Buffy smiled a little.

“Yeah. I guess so.”

“If all else fails, we can take turns patrolling. Mummy stays in one night while Daddy goes and makes the world a little safer. Next night, we switch roles. Daddy stays home, checks for monsters in the closet or under the bed, and mommy goes out and hunts monsters.”

“Unfortunately those monsters are real,” Buffy complained. “But I guess when you’re the Slayer’s kid, that comes with the territory.” She sighed and got up out of bed, making her way in the nude over to the room service cart. She dipped a spoon into the large bowl of ice cream, and pulled it out. The ice cream dripped back into the bowl. “It’s melted.”

“I can call for more,” he suggested.

“It’s ok,” she grinned. “Not really hungry right now. Not for food, anyway.” Spike smirked as Buffy hurried back over to the bed, crawling in and moving to straddle his hips. “Up for another round, Mr. Pratt?”

“Let me think,” he murmured, just before grabbing her hips and flipping her over swiftly but gently onto her back. She giggled as his showered kisses down her collarbone and her chest, and she felt her heart swell with more happiness than she’d felt in quite some time. For a moment, she wished this weekend could last forever, because it would be so much nicer than having to go back to the somewhat crazy life she led as a Slayer.

***

The moment Faith reached Dana’s apartment, it was obvious to her that something was wrong. The door was cracked open just a little, and when she stepped inside. Dana’s things were gone. There was a note sitting on the table. Frowning, she walked over and picked it up.

Faith, it read, I had to stop by the Council. I left something important I need for the trip. Meet me there.

“Oh Hell no,” Faith muttered. First of all, this didn’t look anything like the writing of an eighteen year old young woman. Second of all, if she’d really left it, she’d have posted it to the door outside, considering Faith only lived five minutes away.

Closing the door behind herself and heading down to her the cab, she gave the driver directions to Council headquarters. On the way there, she dug through her bag, finding her best knife and sticking it up the sleeve of her jacket. Whatever the Hell they’d done to that Slayer, she was going to see to it that they undid it.


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks again for your feedback! I'm a couple chapters ahead in writing now, so yay! But please leave me some feedback, because I'd love to hear what you thought of the chapter! ;) I'm going to try to get as much written this week as I can, because I'm leaving town for a week on the 21st.