Chapter 8: Ten Sharp

At five after nine, Dawn came bounding down the stairs with her book bag slumped over her shoulder. Buffy had been perched on the couch watching mindless amounts of television since after dinner. She looked up to see her sister standing in the doorway.

“Where are you going?”

“Um…Janice asked me to come help her study. Big bio test coming up.”

“Oh,” Buffy said slowly. “Do you need a ride?”

“No. She’s coming to pick me up. She has her license now.” Dawn seemed to have a ‘hint hint’ tone to her voice.

“Oh. OK. Well, wear your seatbelt,” Buffy said with a yawn.

“When are you taking me to get my permit?”

“When you can go two minute without tripping over your own two feet,” Buffy teased. “Besides, state law says you can’t get your permit for another week.” Buffy smiled sadly. “I’m sorry I wasn’t here for your birthday, Dawnie.”

“Hey, it’s no big deal. You were kind of…well, dead.”

“I know. But I still wish I would’ve been here.”

“Well, there’s still my sixteenth, and I expect a brand new car.”

“Well, take that up with the powers that be, because I think I have thirteen dollars and some lint in my jeans pocket.”

“Don’t worry,” Dawn said with a shrug, as a honk sounded from outside. “Mom’s life insurance covered a lot while you were gone, and Anya says there’s still some left.”

“Yeah,” Buffy said, feeling a little twinge in her heart. She smiled. “Sounds like your ride’s here. Have a good time.”

“Thanks, Buffy. I’ll just ride with her to school tomorrow.”

“Alright. Call me if you need anything.”

“Alright, alright,” the teen said with a roll of her eyes for show and a smile. “See ya!” Dawn headed out the door, leaving Buffy to the glow and murmur of the television. With a sigh, she turned off the set and headed upstairs.

Once in her bedroom, she removed the bandage from her wound and examined it over her shoulder in the mirror. It looked much better. Another day and it would be healed. She was thankful for that benefit of being the Chosen One.

She piled her clothes into the hamper and headed into the bathroom to take a shower. By the time she was dry and dressed, it was a quarter ‘til ten. She shivered, knowing he’d be calling in exactly fifteen minutes, and she had to give him an answer. Nobody would be home until well after midnight, unless someone got hurt, but still, Buffy wasn’t sure she wanted to chance inviting Spike over in order to avoid being caught heading to his place.

However, the image of the look on Giles’ face should he catch the two together was amusing. It was then that she realized what she was planning. They were planning to have sex. This wasn’t just about hot kisses and mindless groping in the dark. This was about the growl in his voice and the passion in his eyes when he looked at her; raw need dripping from his every word.

Her body was responding to just the thought of him. She could only imagine what it would be like when they finally…

Riiiiiing. Riiiiiing. Buffy jumped, and headed over to her phone.

“You’re early.”

“What?” It was Willow.

“Oh! I…um, never mind. Is everything alright?” Part of her hoped they needed her to come help, because she wasn’t sure how to act in the other situation that was about to present itself tonight. Sure, she’d had sex, but she’d never felt so…desired before. What if he was disappointed when it was all said and done? She froze. Now she was wondering if she was good enough for Spike. Him? A vampire. Wow, she had it bad.

“Everything’s fine. Just wanted to call and tell you it’s pretty slow out here tonight. But we’re expecting at least two ‘unusual puncture mark’ victims anytime now. We’ll be late, so don’t wait up.”

“Oh. Ok,” Buffy murmured.

“Is Spike over there?”

“What? Why would he be here?”

“Well, because he usually sleeps there, and we saw him leave his crypt a few minutes ago.”

“Oh. No. He’s, um…he’s not here. I don’t know if he’s coming or not.” Her cheeks stung at that.

“Oh. OK. Well, we’ll see you in the morning.”

“OK. Night, Wil.”

“Night.” Buffy hung up, her fingers lingering on the receiver. Fantastic. He was most likely going to come over, and they were going to have the house to themselves. All night. She felt a familiar heat pool between her legs at the thought of what they might possibly get themselves into. Well, what else were they going to do? Make popcorn and watch movies?

She found herself pacing, wondering what she should say to him should he actually call. Who was she kidding? Of course he was going to call. The sensible thing to do would be to tell him she wasn’t feeling well, and that she was going to get some rest. But, when it came to desire, nothing was sensible.

The phone rang again, and Buffy looked at the clock. Ten. Sharp.

“Hello?” Her voice was soft, quiet, almost inaudible, but he could hear her perfectly.

“Evening, luv,” he breathed, his voice smooth as silk. A tingle ran up her spine.

“Spike. Hi…”

“Have you changed your mind?”

“About?” she asked slowly, playing innocent. She could hear him smirk on the other line.

“Have you changed your mind about meeting me?”

“No,” Buffy replied quickly. “They’re all out there, and they already saw you leave.” A pause.

“Hmm. So you’re alone?” Lie, she urged herself. “The Nibblet’s there?”

“She’s at a sleepover,” she prattled before she could stop herself. Stupid! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why had she told him that? The tingling sensation spread outward from her spine, making her body ache for his touch. Oh. That would be why.

“The others?”

“Long night ahead of them,” she admitted.

“Do you want to see me?” he finally asked, knowing that he probably shouldn’t play games if he wanted to see her tonight.

“Yes.” The word left her mouth in a rush of breath.

“I’ll be right there.” The line went dead, and Buffy lingered with the receiver at her ear for a moment before hanging up.

She rushed down to the living room, straightening her hair in the mirror on the wall. Her hair was still somewhat damp and hanging loosely down her back. She’d chosen a soft, black tank top and a pair of matching pajama shorts sans underwear as her bedtime ensemble, and part of her knew that this was exactly what he was hoping to see when he got there.

“What am I doing?” she murmured, running her fingers through her hair. What feels good, a voice whispered in her head. Before she had the chance to think twice and go upstairs to change, he knocked on the door. Her heart nearly stopped, but she managed to put one foot in front of the other and make her way to the front door. Preparing herself for all possible situations, such as him tackling her against the wall and kissing her into oblivious, or simply him sweeping her up and carrying her to the nearest bed, she turned the knob, opened the door, and greeted him with a pleasant smile. “Spike.”

“Hello, luv,” he said with a tilt of his head and a raised eyebrow. He looked her over from head to bare feet, and he smiled approvingly. “I’m glad you had a change of heart.” He held his hands out. In one hand was a DVD from the nearest rental place, and in the other was a package of microwavable popcorn.

***

The popcorn had barely been touched, but the movie was almost over. She couldn’t believe it. The movie had been a slaughter-fest, and despite the fact that she was a Slayer, and she’d seen much worse on a nightly basis, she didn’t care to watch. Mostly, she stared at the screen but thought about why exactly he’d brought a movie and popcorn. The best she’d come up with so far was that he’d done it to torture her. Yes. That had to be it. He’d come over, knowing she was expecting that he was expecting sex, and he’d brought a movie and popcorn. And to make matters worse, she’d been disappointed. Then she’d wondered what that said about who she was. Disappointed that she was getting popcorn and a movie instead of what would probably be incredibly fantastic sex.

“What’d you think?” he asked, snapping her out of her thoughts, as he popped the DVD out of the player and put it back in its case.

“Um…not bad,” she offered.

“Not bad? It was bloody brilliant!”

“You got the bloody part right,” Buffy muttered. Spike sat back down beside her on the couch. His cool hand brushed the side of her leg, and she shivered, her nipples hardening under her black shirt. She quickly covered herself with her arms, trying to be nonchalant.

“Come on, Slayer. You can’t tell me that wasn’t one of the best horror films you’ve ever seen.”

“I haven’t seen enough to compare. My life is a horror movie. Remember?” Spike shook his head.

“You didn’t touch the popcorn.”

“What is this?” Buffy asked aloud.

“What?” He eyed her, his azure eyes burning into hers. She swallowed hard, cheeks flushing red. He was going to make her say it, and he was going to enjoy it. Bastard.

“Popcorn and a movie? That’s what you wanted to come over for? After earlier in the crypt? And after last…”

“What were you expecting pet?” he asked, clearly amused.

“Nothing!” she insisted.

“Nothing? Then what’s got you wound up so tight? You’re awfully tense.” She just stared at him.

“It’s nothing. I just figured you’d…you’d come over and try to…to grope me and…and get me into bed, so…so I’m just…shocked…no, surprised that this is what you had planned.” She tightened her jaw, trying to lie as best as possible. It was useless, she knew.

“Are you disappointed?”

“No! I’m…so not disappointed. I’m happy, actually. I didn’t want you pawing me anyway. I’m too tired.” Was it possible to turn anymore red? She could feel her cheeks practically sizzling. Were they as red as they felt? Still, this back and forth banter had her responding to him in the same way she did when she thought about the things he could do to her with only a look.

“You’re a terrible liar, pet. Did anyone ever tell you that?” Buffy looked at the blue glow of the television, trying to ignore him, but he reached for the remote and the screen went black. “Besides, what makes you think this is all I had planned?”

“Sorry,” she said with a shrug. “Maybe if you’d saved the movie for last, I’d have been more cooperative, but…” She shrugged and stood up, making a show of heading out of the room, but he grabbed her wrist and tugged her down into his lap. She couldn’t hold her faux anger anymore, and she let out a little giggle. “Just wanted to see how long you’d last before you couldn’t take it anymore. I’m impressed.”

“Oh, please! Like you’re God’s gift.”

“Hardly,” he chuckled, licking his lips. “Wouldn’t be nearly as interesting, would it?” Buffy rolled her eyes, and Spike smirked at her again, but she couldn’t stop the smile from spreading over her face again. Damn it. Why’d he have to be so damned irresistible? And how had she resisted him before? Oh yeah. The raging hatred and mortal enemy thing.

He had a firm hold on her. One arm around her waist, the other under her knees, holding her in his lap, hoping she wouldn’t try to get away. And she didn’t. He made the first move, pressing his lips against hers. She was surprised at the softness of his kiss, and she relaxed against him, inhaling the scent of his cologne and the cigarette smoke clinging to his black t-shirt.

Somehow, she found herself falling back against the couch cushions, knees bent, leaving enough room for him to crawl between them and rest against her. She moaned softly, as his lips pressed against the hollow of her throat, and she fought the urge to gasp for breath. Closing her eyes, she let her body take over.

His hand moved to cup a breast in his hand, caressing her nipple through the fabric of her shirt. She moaned into his mouth, as his tongue sought entrance. She opened up to him, her tongue brushing against his, reveling in the feel of her own warmth against his cool caresses. It was breathtaking.

His other hand moved between them, brushing over her thigh and then moving under her shirt, his fingers seeking the warmth of her stomach. She felt her muscles shrink under his touch, and she let out a giggle. The last thing she wanted was to let him know she was ticklish, but when she opened her eyes and saw the devilish gleam in his eyes, she knew he knew. Thankfully, he didn’t explore that newly learned fact.

His hand moved further up under the shirt to touch her other breast, feeling the nipple harden under his cool fingertips. He looked down into her eyes, and he watched as her cheeks turned pink again. He was in awe. The Slayer, the most powerful woman in the world, was reduced to nervous blushes beneath his intent, heated gaze, while his hands took their time exploring the soft flesh of her well-toned body.

“So bloody perfect,” he muttered against her neck. Her hands roamed up his back and into his hair, pulling him to her for more kisses. She smiled against his lips, when his hand moved away from her breast and caressed her inner thigh.

He could feel her heat against the crotch of his jeans, as he slowly began to grind against her. He was hard now, straining against the not-so-stretchy material of his pants, and Buffy gasped at how the friction made her almost instantly wet.

“Oh God,” she murmured, arching her back, as he tasted the flesh of her shoulder. “Spike…unh…” Another grind had her throbbing now. He’d barely touched her, but God, she was so ready for him.

“What is it, kitten? Tell me what you want?” he murmured. He saw the amused twinkle in her eyes, but it quickly faded, as her body continued to respond to his actions.

“Say it again,” she found herself whispering.

“Kitten?” She smiled, biting her lower lip. His lip curled up in a smile, and he realized she rather enjoyed the new pet name he had for her. She arched her neck up so she could kiss him again, hungrily, her hands moving to grab at his shirt. He helped her out by pulling back and raising his shirt over his head. Her hands started at his shoulders, slowly moving down his body, over his firm abs, gently caressing the spot where his bruise had already faded.

“Does it still hurt?” she whispered. He shook his head.

“Told you. Good as new,” he breathed. She smiled again, and he resumed kissing her, as her fingers explored his cool, bare skin. She felt him shudder against her, as the warmth of her fingers trained paths from the back of his neck to the edge of his jeans. “Mmm…need to see you…” He raised up again, and she managed to halfway sit up, her body trembling even more now, because this was about to go past the point of no return. She wasn’t looking for an escape. She was only looking into his eyes.

His fingers started at her waist, lifting ever so gently, tickling her ribs, as he lifted the shirt over her head. It lightened the mood when she began to giggle, and when he tossed the shirt to the growing pile on the floor, he raked his eyes across her chest, his mouth watering at the sight of her.

She blushed again. She’d never been well blessed in the breast area, and that’d always been kind of a hang up each time she’d revealed herself for the first time with a guy. But the way Spike looked at her made her feel differently…made her feel perfect. His lips were on hers again, and he was pulling her to him, one arm around her waist, pinned between her back and the couch cushions, as he trailed kisses from her lips, down her throat, and down her chest.

She gasped at the feeling of his cool, wet tongue against her breast, circling the sensitive flesh, as he caressed the other with his free hand. However, his hand began to move down her stomach, making those muscles jump again, and when he reached her shorts, his cool hand pressed against her hot center.

She closed her eyes, biting her lower lip, arching her back again, as he began to rub her slowly, a thin layer of cotton acting as the only thing separating him from what he wanted. He inhaled deeply, her scent filling his nostrils, and Buffy would have made a face had he not smiled reassuringly as he gazed into her eyes.

“Tell me,” he breathed. “What do you want?” Buffy groaned, muttering something incoherently. He nibbled her earlobe, as he continued to stroke her. “What, luv?”

“Not here,” she managed to gasp. “Up…upstairs.” His eyes sparkled. The thought of making love to her in her own bed was thrilling. She wanted this. She wanted him in her bed.

He managed to make it off the couch, pulling her along with him. He lost his hold on her for a moment, and the moment her feet touched the ground, she was springing back up, her legs wrapping around his waist, her breasts crushing against his chest.

He carried her up the stairs with ease, making his way blindly to her bedroom. When his knees hit the bed, he fell forward, and they toppled onto the bed together, her legs still wrapped around his waist, grinding against the bulge that was becoming uncomfortable for him now. He stood, unwrapping her from around him, and he reached down, taking the waist of her shorts in his hands and slowly, torturously sliding them down her legs, immediately finding, with great appreciation, that she wasn’t wearing panties.

He tossed the last piece of her clothing aside, and slowly parted her legs, and she watched with awe as he admired her. Her scent was making him dizzy with fever now, and as much as he wanted to taste her, he had to be inside of her. She was glistening, ready for him, and when she saw the sudden need in his eyes, she sat up, eyes on him, as she began to work with his belt. His hands moved to her shoulders, gently kneading them, his eyes never leaving hers.

The belt slid out of the loops easily, and in moments, Buffy was pulling his jeans down, finding herself wondering why she was surprised he wasn’t wearing underwear. She gasped a little at the sight of him before her, and she realized that he was bigger than she’d ever had before. He had at least a good inch in length on her past lovers, and he was slightly bigger around.

She slowly lay back on the bed, her eyes meeting his again. He crawled over her, and she could feel the tremors running through his body as fast as they ran through hers. Her breathing quickened, and as he slid his cock against her center, she closed her eyes, her hands reaching for him, gripping his shoulders. She sought his mouth, her lips pressing needful kisses against his. His arms wound around her tightly, and he began to slide into her. As much as he wanted to lose control at that very moment, he fought hard to make this right for her. He wanted it to be the best moment of his existence, and the painful thought that this might be his only chance with her flitted through his mind. If this was his only shot, he wanted to make it memorable for the both of them.

She found herself holding her breath, feeling her body stretching to accommodate him. She marveled in the fact that he wasn’t as cold inside of her as she would have thought. It wasn’t like anything she’d felt before, but it felt good.

He pulled back a little before pushing in a little further, feeling her nearly milking him, her muscles tight and starting to pulsate around him. It took another couple of strokes before he felt her relax and start to breathe normally again.

Her eyes were glazed now, and he kissed her forehead, beginning to make love to her. He kissed her eyelids, her nose, her mouth, nibbled her lower lip, let her moan into his mouth, and he buried his head against her shoulder, as he picked up the pace.

“Oh God,” she murmured. “Spike. I need you, Spike.”

“I’m here, luv,” he breathed. “I’m here.” He pulled her knee further up and elevated her hips just slightly, causing the friction to graze against places she’d never thought could feel so good.

“Unh…Spike. Oh God. Don’t stop,” she breathed, resting her forehead against his shoulder, as he threw his head back, a growl escaping his throat. He’d wanted to take it slow, their first time, but he couldn’t help himself, and she didn’t seem to be complaining.

“Buffy,” he groaned, as he felt his body losing the fight with control. She was starting to shudder, and he looked down at her face, the face of an angel, and she clenched her eyes shut tightly, her mouth opening in a silent scream, as she arched back, her body stiffening for only a moment, before he felt a flood of warmth surrounding him.

A few strokes later, and he watched her eyes widen in surprise as his seed filled her, cooler than she’d expected, but judging by the way her lips curled in a smile, he gathered it wasn’t an unpleasant sensation.

The moment he left her, rolling onto his side, he found himself gasping for breath, which he had no use for, but God, the things she could do without even trying. Her body could respond to his in ways that were unexplainable, and she had no idea how amazing that felt.

She turned her head, looking at his still face, as he lay with his eyes closed, his chest rising and falling unnecessarily. He looked so human, and she couldn’t help but reach out to touch his chest, as if searching for his pulse. But there was none, obviously. However, his hand found hers, and he curled his fingers around hers.

“I…I…” he stammered. “You’re amazing. The things you do…”

“I didn’t do anything,” she admitted, the blush returning to her cheeks, as she rolled to her side to study his face.

“You did plenty, kitten,” he practically purred. He turned to his side, daring himself to kiss her. The look in her eyes told him she wouldn’t turn him down. And she didn’t. She moaned softly against his lips, her body still recovering from what had just happened. The sky hadn’t fallen. There were no flying pigs of any kind. The world hadn’t ended, and she felt amazing. Her body was still on fire, and all she could think about was next time. “You’re so beautiful.”

“You…I’ve never,” she murmured quietly, “I’ve never been able to…not that fast…” He smiled a big smugly, but he quickly thought better of it. Deciding to go for the less cocky approach, he caressed her shoulder.

“It’s been a while for you.”

“I guess, but still…wow.”

“I was ‘wow’ worthy?” he asked, smile turning smug again. He couldn’t help it.

“Get over yourself,” she scoffed, but leaned forward to kiss him again. “But yeah. That was pretty ‘wow’ worthy.” She sat up in bed, and Spike wondered if this was it. Maybe to her, it was that one amazing experience that she thought was better left at a one-time-thing. But, when she turned in the bed to face him, he slowly sat up across from her.

“Slayer,” he murmured, “I…”

“I wasn’t ‘wow’ worthy?”

“You were bloody fantastic,” he said with a shake of his head. “I can’t even…you know…I just…”

“Ohh…a speechless vampire. I think that qualifies as…” But she was interrupted by a kiss, and the rest of the words spilled out into his mouth. He didn’t want to ask the question. He knew if he waited long enough, he’d know if she wanted him again, but the moment she slowly pushed him back, he thought he knew the answer. Their kiss broke apart, and what he thought was the end of something completely beyond this world, his head was hitting the pillow, and she was crawling over him. Well, he had his answer. For now. Who knew what the next hour or day or week held. But, when she smiled and whispered into his ear, something told him he had nothing to worry about right now, so he was going to enjoy every single moment.

***

Another hour in the bedroom and a long, pleasurable shower later, Buffy and Spike were sitting on the couch downstairs after having made sure to clean up the living room a little. Clothes were put back on. Well, his were. She’d changed into something a bit warmer, some grey pajama pants and the same black tank top, and he was thankful for the fact that she was comfortable enough to curl up against him and watch TV.

“They’ll be home soon,” Buffy said with a yawn.

“Want me to go?” he asked.

“Mmm…no. Stay.” She found her eyes growing heavy.

“You’re sure?”

“Sure. I’m sure.” Her words were getting more distant, and he kissed the top of her had. He hated to ask. He knew he shouldn’t. But, he was a glutton for punishment. He had to know.

“Buffy, wake up.”

“I’m awake,” she mumbled. But, he gently pushed her back, placing his hands on her shoulders. He smiled as she blinked sleepily in front of him.

“This thing,” he said quietly, “I…I don’t want to scare you.”

“I’m not scared, you stupid vampire,” Buffy said with a roll of her eyes, obviously becoming lucid again. “Amazing sex doesn’t equal scary.”

“Unless I start dropping a certain word around.”

“OK. Tonight was…it was perfect,” Buffy admitted. “Can we just…leave it at that? I don’t want to talk about the ‘l’ word or anything else. I’m happy. You made me happy tonight. Several times.” Spike chuckled at that, but he couldn’t help but let a little fear slip out in the quiver of his voice.

“So leave it at that?” he asked. “You mean…it’s just…tonight.”

“What?” Buffy asked. “I…is that what you want?”

“Are you mad, woman? That’s like asking a starving man if he wants to skip dinner.” Buffy smiled a little.

“OK. So…we’re agreed? This…we can keep doing this?” He answered her with a kiss. “I like that answer.” He kissed her again, and they settled back to watch the TV again. Soon, she curled up into his lap, and held her for a good while, before finally carrying her up, placing her in her bed, and then returning to his usual sleeping place, the Summers’ couch.


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks again for all of your support and feedback! It's so encouraging! Please keep letting me know your thoughts and feelings on the chapters! Thanks!