Author's Chapter Notes:
Infers slight kissing in the incestual nature but isn't graphic and ends quickly. I will warn in the chapter this occurs in. Slight Buffy/Other mentioned not elaborate and mostly to deal with plot. Spike/Other mentioned in passing but not dealt with in the story other than for plot reasons.
Disclaimer: I do not own Buffy or Spike or any other characters in this story. They belong to Joss Whedon and ME and whoever else owns it. Only thing I do own is the plot.

Chapter 20: Sleeping Beauty



William woke up next to Buffy and realized there was a blanket over him as well as her.

During the night he must have climbed up on the bed next to her and was holding her tight.

He walked into her bathroom as he noticed his face felt horrible and was covered still in his tears and his eyes hurt so badly.

He used a provided wash cloth and wiped his face and eyes before heading back up to Buffy’s side.

Just then a nurse walked in and said, “Ahh you’re awake. I found you in here last night but you looked so upset and distraught we left you stay even though it wasn’t visiting hours. They start in an hour so I suggest you go to a diner down the street, get some food into you, perhaps change your clothes depending on where you are from and return back here in about 2 hours unless you care to run into Angel.”

William looked at the nurse confused, “Who’s Angel?”

The nurse looked at him shocked, “You don’t know Angel? Angel runs a club here in L.A. The most famous one in fact. Everyone knows who Angel is. Buffy is his girl. Honestly I would have figured it would be him who was in here crying over her last night but I haven’t seen him. The receptionist said he would probably stop by in an hour. I guess being so famously busy and all, you can’t really spend time sitting in a hospital. I’m sure he is heartbroken over the whole thing though. So we will be seeing you in a few hours?”

Numbly William nodded and grabbed his duster and gave Buffy a gentle kiss which did not go unnoticed by the nurse and brushed her hair gently back from her face as he whispered so softly, “Promise, I’ll be back in just a few hours, right after your wanker guy leaves. The big poof. Don’t know who Angel is but I don’t want to meet him just yet. See you soon luv.”

With that he wandered out of the room.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



William did go to the diner and quickly ate his food.

He listened to some gossip from the locals who were enjoying their breakfast and picked up some interesting tidbit’s about Angel.

He was known as Guardian Angel because he picked up strays and gave them a job, a place to live and income.

Then when they were settled, the girls would just disappear and supposedly get better lives.

He found this strange that the girls never did surface again.

While he paid his bill, he asked where the local library was to do some research to see what he could learn.

He noticed a paper on the table containing a new article with the headlines, “The Great Guardian Angel and his Sleeping Beauty.”

William rolled his eyes and took the paper with him as he headed off to the library.


Chapter 21: Research



For two hours, William spent time looking through old newspaper articles, and what records he could find of Angel’s clubs habit’s.

He also had hacked into the police departments files for a list of missing females.

There were thirteen girls that William could find listed in various headlines over the past 25 years that Angel had had his club open.

Every single girl was in the headlines for anywhere from 6 months to 3 years before mysteriously disappearing.

The police appeared to have kept records but under each record was listed, “Angel’s girl was relocated to unknown location. See Angel’s file for details.”

For the life of William though, he couldn’t hack into Angel’s file.

He was sure Angel had some serious walls around his stuff that prevented hackers.

William sighed and tried to internet searches on the females that were listed. None of them came up. He frowned not understanding what he found about the girls and turned his focus on Angel himself.

After another hour of research, he found out what he could about Angel not based on that protected file.

He was raised with two other sisters, both died in a mysterious fire along with his mother. His father was unknown and the articles showed Angel in complete grief.

William could have sworn the grief statements and pictures looked like a movie scene instead of the real thing but dismissed it until he continued his research.

Angel inherited all the money of his Grandma’s family since no living relatives were found.

He had barely finished high school before he moved to L.A. (William was unsure of the two years between high school and the showing up in L.A.) to open his new club Angel’s. It was a popular dance club.

He took in his first ‘charge’ as the locals liked to call them named Rowena. They stayed together for two years and she disappeared.

Angel claimed she left to go to college overseas feeling she finally had a chance to make something of herself.

After that came Amanda, Lucy, Caridad, Chao-Ahn, Chloe, Vi, Leah, Molly, Renee, Rona, Shannon, and Simone.

All the same results.

William made copies of all the articles with each girl, printed off the police reports, as well as copies about the fire his family had died in and took them with him.

He also took copies of the articles that had been done about Buffy over the last two years while with Angel.

In them, Buffy was always portrayed as poor Cinderalla and Angel has the knight in shining armor.

‘This town really eats Angel up with all his publicy stunts.’ William thought.

He walked out of the library looking at his watch realizing he had been three hours, almost four instead of two.

He stopped by the diner on his way back carrying tons of paper which he placed in the bag carrying a deli sandwich, a big bag of Doritos and a cola before heading back to the hospital.


Chapter End Notes:
Enjoy the Spuffiness!! I know I am *grins*