Author's Chapter Notes:
Things are still at the beta but I figured you wanted to know more about the story. I reread through it quickly and made a few changes that I noticed but they are still beta. Jennifer did edit the first 5 chapters of this story and I uploaded the new versions the other day. It was basically grammar, spelling as well as a bit of sentence changes but nothing major. The plot still haven't changed. Enjoy!

Chapter 24: A Mission



Finding out where Angel’s club was in this town was really easy. Everyone knew it. Everyone loved it and everyone was very helpful in finding its exact location.

He busted through the door looking for this so-called wonderful man named Angel who had been making his Buffy give him blow jobs to keep her off the street.

He was pissed. So pissed he could have sworn the world was red.

He went to the bar and asked for Angel just as he spotted Angel, himself, coming around the corner whistling happily.

William rounded the corner of the bar and slammed his fist right into Angel’s jaw.

Angel moved his hand instantly to his chin rubbing it yelling loudly, “What the hell is wrong with you? Why did you do that?”

Angel wasn’t used to fighting people and was used to his bodyguards doing it for him but since the club wasn’t open yet they weren’t in the room with him.

William threw another fist at Angel this time hitting him in the stomach causing Angel to tumble over onto the ground as William slammed his foot into his groin as he heard a commotion behind him.

William saw two large bodyguards who quickly grabbed him on each side and a third came into the middle and started whamming him on with all he had.

After a minute of the bodyguard hitting him with no restraint, he was picked up and thrown out of the club told, “Stay the Hell away from Angel or next time we will press charges.”

William tried to stand up by found it extremely difficult but knew he had to get back to Buffy to ensure her safety.

The nurse in duty the night before, started her shift and walked into Buffy’s room to check on her.

What she found shocked her. Buffy was sleeping peaceful and a very beat up William sat by her side holding her head whispering that he was going to make sure she was safe.

The nurse looked down at William and whispered his name followed by, “What the hell happened to you? Did you get hit by a car as well?”

William shook his head not wanting to explain and she said, “You really should see someone about the cut over your eye at least. It’s bleeding badly and looks like it could use stitches.”

William sighed and muttered, “Can someone up here do something so I don’t have to leave her side yet?”

The nurse nodded knowing that the doctor on duty to this floor could probably glue the cut up easy enough and wouldn’t ask too many questions.

He was a sweet doctor and Doctor Ben always took the time to help others even when they didn’t help themselves.

After a few minutes of Doctor Ben looking over William’s injuries and gluing up two cuts on his body to stop the bleeding he asked, “Want to tell me who beat you up?”

William shook his head so Doctor Ben continued, “We get a few people in here beat up from time to time. Only place that I’ve seen that has such a banged up job comes from Angel’s bodyguards.”

William looked up at Doctor Ben but didn’t say anything. Doctor Ben nodded at the acknowledgment.

He then continued, “Been trying to get people to press charges for years but no one listens. There’s more to that place than meets the eye but no one seems to notice.”

William’s attention was gotten again and he decided to take a chance and said, “Know anything about 13 missing girls?”

Doctor Ben looked shocked and said, “No can’t say that I do. Know anything about various missing policemen, reporters and club owners?”

William shook his head and decided to befriend this guy and took out his papers to show him all he had found out.

The Doctor was shocked but made a phone call to a detective who the Doctor swore would help.

The detective said he would be by in a few hours and Ben gave Spike some pain killers to help with his relaxation, injected some into Buffy’s IV to help her stay sleeping knowing sleep would help her heal, leaving the two curled up on the bed in each other’s arms to be woken when the Detective came.


Chapter 25: Actions Speak Louder Than Words



Buffy woke up first and smiled down at William who was sleeping then gasped in horror noticing how badly beat up William was.

She rung for the nurse who ran into the room to see what was the matter and Buffy demanded to know what had happened to William.

The nurse didn’t know and was a new nurse that Buffy had never seen before but she offered to send in the Doctor on call.

It was Doctor Ben who gently shook William awake and said, “The Detective will be here in a few minutes and Buffy’s upset."

William looked up at Buffy and realized she was following noticing his injuries. He ran a hand through his hair and winced explaining, “Um had a run in at Angel’s club.”

Buffy looked horrified and said, “You got beat up by Angel’s bodyguards? Why? For being here?”

William shook his head as the Doctor and Detective listened from the doorway as William hesitantly said, “No I um, well you see, I heard you say he wanted you to give him blow jobs and I kind of blew up and punched Angel in the first and then in the stomach and I probably should have gotten out of there but he was on the ground rolling around so I kicked him in the groin too. Then his bodyguards arrived and beat me up a bit and threw me out of the club. So I came here. The nurse fixed me up a tad and the Doctor helped tons and aww don’t cry Buffy. It’s ok, luv. See I’m fine.”

Buffy cried as she held William close to her thankful they didn’t do much to him than just beat him up.

She had heard a few rumors about people being almost killed if not killed in that club by those guards.

She noticed a Doctor and Policeman at the door and nudged William away to notice them as well.

William cleared his throat and turned to Buffy gently wiping the tears from her eyes to make her presentable. He then gestured to the Doctor who brought in two chairs to sit down next to the couple.

The Detective said, “I understand you did some background work and were able to tie together some interesting information on some missing people cases?”

William shook his head looking a bit nervous and said, “Well actually sir, I only found information that said they were missing. I was able to found 13 girls all that Angel had played the part of Hero to and they all were listed as missing. I found out about a fire that had killed his family and that two club owners had been killed in the town of L.A. and Angel was questioned about them.”

The Detective took the copies from William and looked towards the Doctor who had cleared his throat to say what he had found.

He showed the Doctors a few records of men who had died in the hospital due to injuries received in Angel’s club.

The Doctor explained, “There were dozens of cases a year like this. But I could only go back 5 years without really raising suspicions.”

The Detective nodded and said, “I did some research myself about those murder cases. Found out the reason no one is investigating them is because anyone who does, turns up dead by some accidental death. Things such as unsolved hit and runs or lost murder weapon cases or unexplained deaths or missing bodies or other things from cases to make them all come up as unsolved. I want to keep this hush hush you three, understand? I would like some time to do some research unofficially and to do that I need you guys all to keep your mouths shut. I’d like to take with me a copy of what you have doctor for cases especially those resulting in death and I’d like to take the information you dug up about Angel’s charges and see what I can find out. Meanwhile I want you all quiet and looking like normal citizens and you there, William is it? I want you not to go near Angel’s club for any reason. And I’d like to keep Buffy being awake a secret. Has Angel been called?”

The Doctor shook his head saying, “I never gave the orders. I was planning to today when I got sidetracked by William’s injuries.”

The Detective nodded and said, “Move Buffy to a quiet room where only nurses and doctors you trust visit her. I want her kept away from the public and the fact she has awaken kept secret for now. I want time to investigate this without alerting anyone and if Angel is around and in the hospital, it would only make things more difficult.”

With that the Detective took William’s stack of papers and followed the Doctor out of the room.

Within a few minutes, Buffy was rolled into an elevator by an old nurse and William followed as she was moved to the fourth floor to her own personal private room in a closed part of the hospital.