Author's Chapter Notes:
I had been planning to post an update last night but the beta sent back chapters 5-11 so I spent time updating the webpage with those rather than uploading more chapters but here's a much waited for update!

Chapter 26: The Escape



Buffy continued to get better and Angel continued to ignore the hospital not even calling to check up on her.

Buffy’s bruises started to fade as did William’s.

William had pretty much moved into Buffy’s hospital room leaving three times a day to collect food, make phone calls and to change his clothes. He barely left her side.

The two nurses, the old lady whose name was Genevieve and the nurse William had made the first day, Cecily, and Doctor Ben visited Buffy everyday excited about how well her recovery was going.

Buffy had CAT scans done of her brain which showed the blood had been perfectly absorbed and her body was well on it’s way to repair.

She had started to be allowed to walk the hallways of the closed ward and William had taken to reading poetry to her that he wrote as she rested.

They both started to watch Passions again which was William’s favorite soap opera.

After 5 days of being on the fourth floor, news arrived that Angel would have to be told of Buffy’s recovery because she was being released in 2 days. He had been calling a few times to be assured Buffy seemed fine but was still sleeping which was best for her recovery but it wouldn't be put off any longer.

Buffy begged them to wait for one more day and they agreed and Doctor Ben contacted the Detective to see how his investigation was turning out.

After the Detective said he needed more time, the Doctor reminded to Buffy and William that they leave now while the nurses switch duty.

They would have about an hour head start before anyone started to notice they were gone.

Buffy quickly got dressed in the outfit William had bought for her release date and together they snuck out of the hospital.

William had lent Buffy his duster in order to better hide who she was in case of prying eyes should spy her and within minutes she was tucked safe into William’s car and they were heading out of town.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy tuned towards William and asked, “Where are we going?”

William replied, “You have a choice. Sunnyhell, Smile Town or Fresno.”

Fresno was new to Buffy so she replied, “Fresno but what’s in Fresno?”

William smiled happy she chose that place since that is where he was most needed, “You’ll see. Relax pet, takes about 3 hours to get there. I’ll wake you when we get there.”

Buffy nodded and curled up in William’s duster and rested her head on William’s shoulder and promptly fell asleep.


Chapter 27: Discoveries



Buffy awoke the next time with the feeling of being carried from the car and William placing kisses on her face.

She opened her eyes and smiled at him and asked, “Where are we?”

William whispered, “This is one of my two homes. I have one here in Fresno and one in Sunnyhell. I have been living here lately.”

Buffy felt William unlock the door carefully balancing her in his arms still and then entered the door moving in to set her down on the sofa.

She looked around the house and saw she was in the living room.

There was a sofa, with two chairs all facing a television stand with a nice size television inside and surrounded by books.

Along the walls held one picture which was of William and Buffy in Smile town in front of the diner where Buffy worked.

She stood up to wander into the kitchen and found a simple black and white style kitchen that had plenty of counter and cabinet space. It also had a nice size oven that looked very clean and lots of equipment which some she didn’t even recognize and along the back wall a large refridgator and freezer.

She felt William’s presence behind her and she took his hand and lead him into the next room which was the dining room.

It had an elegant oak table with 6 place settings and a roll away counter in the corner which she figured was used in the summer table if he used the barbeque grill which sat on the deck over looking a beautiful pool.

She smiled at him and he lead her through the dining room back through the living room and into the hallway.


There appeared to be four rooms but there was really five.

The first room was just a spare room. It had really nothing in it save a few empty boxes but the walls had been freshly painted to a light pink.

Buffy smiled remembering her light pink room with silver walls from when she was younger.

The second room had a blue base paint but again it was empty.

So he lead her further down the hallway and lead her into a larger bedroom which was definitely lived in.

Two dressers side by side, a tall bookcase filled with books, a large bed with a canopy that had been lined with red silk sheets that matched the red walls that were wallpapered and a closet full of clothes.

She found it odd that one dresser looked full of items and the other looked empty and the second side of the closet was empty as well.

There were pictures on both nightstands though, both of Buffy and William together.

She looked at William in confusion traced with a bit of fear as he whispered, “I set up the room for double in case I ever found you. I’ve been looking for the two years. Turning over every stone. I had no idea you’d be back in L.A. I didn’t have connections in L.A. until Xander moved there just two weeks ago with his new wife, Anya."

Buffy looked teary eyed and whispered, “The extra items in here are for me?”

William nodded and Buffy kissed him hard and William said, “You still have two more rooms to view.”

Buffy nodded letting him lead the way.

He lead her into the last room she could see. It was a study with two desks complete with computers. Again one was littered with papers of some sort and the second looked mostly empty minus a few writing utensils in a pink cup, a pink mouse pad, mouse and keyboard and pink wrist rests.