Chapter 30: Mysteries



William and Buffy woke up to the sound of his cell phone going off.

William mumbled something and stumbled out of bed to go into the other room to get his cell phone from the pants thrown there.

Buffy could just make out muffled noises so she crawled out of bed to see what was the matter and if everything was ok.

She noticed his robe sitting on the closet door and pulled that around her before stopping at the doorway to watch William talk on the phone.

William saw Buffy standing in the doorway in his robe and motioned for her to come stand in front of him.

He wrapped his arms around her as she continued to talk on the phone.

Buffy smiled as she could feel his voice rumbling through his chest with each thing he said.

It was mostly little noises made when someone was listening carefully to what was said.

Then he smiled and said, “I’m going over with Buffy in a few. I want to see the progress you’ve been making and making sure you are following Xander’s plans perfectly even though he’s on his honeymoon with Anya.”

A pause occurred followed by, “He gets back tomorrow actually. Yeah hard to believe it’s been a week already.”

Then another pause followed by, “See you guys in about 20 minutes. If I’m late, don’t call or stop by the house.”

Then he gave out a laugh, “Well unless you want to see a show.”

Then he laughed again and said, “K. Bye.”

With that William turned towards Buffy and said, “Want to take a shower, pet? Then we can head over to…well let’s just say I have a surprise for you. I have a dress in the back of the car for you to wear if you would like.”

He smiled at her as she nodded her head and whispered, “I didn’t bring my stuff out of Angel’s house. Can we stop somewhere and get more clothes?”

William nodded and said, “Tomorrow we can go out shopping. There’s a new mall in Fresno that just opened and I’ve been dying to go into Macys and J. C. Pennys. And I think they even have a Sears we can try too plus Victoria Secrets.”

Buffy blushed at the last place mentioned and William chuckled and said, “Let me put my duster on and I’ll grab your dress out of the back.”

William returned with a beautiful red dress with spaghetti straps and a v-neck and an open back with criss-cross straps.

She was so amazed because it had been a while since she had anything that special.

She had things with Angel but they were usually simple skirts and mix matched shirts.

They were more practical than beautiful.

There were also red heeled boots that were her size.

Buffy whispered, “Is that all for me?”

William grinned and nodded pulling out of his pocket the best part and handed her a tiny velvet box.

Buffy was a little nervous but figured he was standing behind her so it couldn’t be an engagement ring but she gasped at what was inside.

Tiny red earrings that dangled just a little with tiny silver lines hanging down and a matching red necklace with the same tiny silver lines hanging down.

They were beautiful and Buffy’s eyes misted as she flung herself around him whispering, “Thank you thank you so much” as she smothered his face in kisses.

He grinned at her feeling proud she was so happy and he whispered slipping his hands into his robe that she was wearing to cup her breasts and said, “We got about 15 minutes to shower before we are officially late. Shall we?”

Buffy moaned at his touch and whispered, “What happens if we are late?”

William grinned, “Absolutely nothing. So let’s go shower.”


Chapter 31: Dinner for Two



William brought her to a restaurant that wasn’t even opened up yet.

The sign read, “Spike’s Exquisite Dining” and William ushered her in without even having to knock on the door.

As she looked around inside, she saw the beauty of the place.

Wonderful tones of black and white were splashed around the place.

White table cloths were over the tables. Black floors that sparkled with star dust contracted agains the dance floor with white and black tiles. White columns had been built to separate off the sections of the restaurant.

Lining the back wall were black booths surrounding white clothed tables with various pictures.

William said, “Want to see the pictures, pet?”

Buffy nodded and he brought her over to the back wall and she gasped.

There was one of William and her in front of the diner.

The same picture she carried with her always and would hold to cry over.

There was another of William carrying Buffy that Cassie had snapped when they weren’t looking.

There was another with William standing outside on the dirt with Xander dressed in a yellow helmet driving a cement truck to pour the foundation.

There was a picture of William holding a paint brush covered in white paint as he painted a wall white with him holding up one hand with the paint brush trying to block the view of the camera but he still looked amazing.

She smiled as she noticed the next picture was of Daniel trying to work a sign with Xander waving his hands to tell Daniel to stop or that is what it appeared.

She wondered if Daniel did end up driving the sign into the window that day or not.

The last picture was of the front of the building. There was one more empty frame.

A young man who had wandered in behind them and spoke up, “I put that frame up yesterday as you asked boss and if you and the missus would go stand in front of the booth over there, I’ll go ahead and snap it.”

William guided Buffy over to the location the young man requested and William pulled Buffy close to him, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Buffy leaned her head against his shoulder as the young man smiled and said, “Perfect” and snapped the picture.

He then walked away saying, “William always does take nice pictures and that young lady takes a nice one too. This picture will be perfect.”

Buffy looked up at William for an explanation.

William explained, “We needed one of you in the finished place. This is the second restaurant I have opened. I opened one in Sunnyhell after you left Smile Town and I couldn’t find you. Poured myself into creating the most perfect restaurant. After it was opened for a year, I was making tons of money so figured I’d open up a second one. First has pictures of us as well and someday I’ll have to take you there to have one taken of us dining in there to complete the set as we did this one.”

Buffy hugged him tight whispering, “You’re living your dream. This is so amazingly perfect.”

William grinned down at her and whispered softly, “Oh Buffy, don’t you see? I can take care of you and we can live together and live happily ever after. Just like in the fairy tales. Have plenty of money pouring in from the first place and I’m sure this place will take off as well.”

He sheepishly pulled out something from his duster and knelt down on one knee and whispered, “Buffy luv, will you marry me?”

Buffy hopped up and down and took the ring and didn’t even notice the camera snapping a picture of the two of them and she shouted, “Yes, yes” as she pulled up him and gave him a big kiss but this time she did notice the flash as it went off.

She turned towards the young man and William laughed and said, “You planning to add that to the collection too Gunn?”

Gunn grinned and said, “I think it will make the perfect addiction to Spike’s Dinning.”

Buffy then looked at William and said, “Why Spike?”

William smiled and lead her over to the table and said, “Lets eat and I’ll tell you about it over dinner.”

Buffy nodded feeling hungry and sat down in the booth near her eager to taste the food here.