Author's Chapter Notes:
Ready to see how this story ends yet? The end is close. Hopefully you enjoy it.

Chapter 34: Official Business



Everyone ate every bit of food on their plate and Detective Clem even went back for seconds.

After everyone's stomachs were filled, they entered the living room. Everyone took a chair and got settled there to talk. (William had brought two dining room chairs into the living room so that all four men could sit in their own personal chairs)

Detective Stein asked, “Which of you would like to go first.”

William looked at Buffy and wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close to him since they were on the couch and said, “I think perhaps you should pet. I will chip in afterwards so they would know why I was heading towards the club that day. Can you handle this Buffy?”

Buffy nodded nervously and Doctor Ben spoke up, “Remember they are only here to help. The more information you give them, the more helpful they can be as well as the better chance of truly convicting Angel in his crimes."

Buffy nodded and explained how she had arrived in L.A. in the first place after leaving Smile Town.

She told them of staying in a hotel for the first week and how she had been running low on money because she couldn’t find any place to work. She even explained that she didn’t want to work at a strip joint again.

She was looking for honest and good work and she had literally bumped into Angel who offered her a job as well as free room and board in his guest room in his house. It seemed like a dream come true.

The guest room was set up perfectly as an apartment complete with a bed, dresser, closet space, a microwave, fridge and chair next to a desk.

After she moved in, Angel had brought a box to her with clothes size 6 in them and the clothes had fit her perfectly so she never thought to ask where the box had come from.

She assumed he had went to a second hand store and picked them up for her.

They were worn but in excellent condition.

Anyway, bartending was very easy once she learned and it was fun.

She then got quieter as she talked about her nights with Angel.

She had to deal with him every night but she had taken it to be part of the required room and board.

She talked about how would pressure her for sex and she would refuse and he would not gently touch her. She told how she quickly had learned that if she gave him a blow job, the only part he would roughly fondle was her breasts.

She described how some days he was more gentler than others depending on how much he had to drink.

She said that sometimes he would leave harsh bruises on her skin, but she needed the work and had no where to go so she stayed.

Since the bartender outfit would cover them, she thought nothing of them and figured he was just a harsh lover and was thankful he was satisfied with just that.

Then she mentioned the few times she was sleeping when he got home or was sick.

Luckily in the two years of being with him, that had only happened four times.

But one time was on the morning she was taken to the hospital.

He had hit her giving her a black eye.

Usually he was careful not to hit her eyes and usually did her stomach so that the bruises wouldn’t show but that morning he had hit her eye.

He had left horrible bruises on her breasts and arms which is what the pictures had showed.

She had described how she had been saving up in hopes to move on but knew that when moving to a new place, it was luck of the draw if you got a place to live as well as employment.

Everyone in the room listened quietly, not stopping her but not really comforting her either.

The only comfort she was feeling was William's arms around her hugging her tight and his gentle voice sometimes when she paused whispering, “It’s ok pet, keep going.”

This would make her continue even when she didn’t want to.

William then started talking after she had finished and said what had happened in the club.

The Detectives turned off the tape and looked at each other and Clem and Finch nodded to Stein who started to talk, “Well what we have are some bodies that were dug up on Angel’s property. He wanted to expand his club and had hired a crew to dig. Unfortunately for him but fortunately for us, they had dug in the wrong location and on the wrong side of the club unearthing the bodies and remains of the thirteen women that were missing as well as five police officers, and about fifteen other unidentified people. Angel plead innocence but with the statements we have received from both of you and some other people he had beaten up over the years, the accounts of the ladies being his charges, we think it’s enough to charge him with 25 counts of murder, sexual abuse as well as a few other charges would should give him the death penalty but if not, at least life in prison without the chance of parole. Do either of you two have anything to add?”

Both shook their heads and the Doctor then spoke up saying, “I need you to sign these papers stating it’s ok to use your medial records in the court case. You might be subpoenaed but this might be enough to have that not happen. Good luck to you and I hope to ever have to treat you again.”

Buffy and William chuckled at this and Detective Stein shoved three more pages in front of William and Buffy each saying, “I want you to sign that this is your personal statement and we have the right to use it in the court of law. Also that it is true and unaltered and that we have the right to subpoena you if needed.”

Both signed and then stood up to walk the men to the door.

Closing the door behind them after shaking their hands and thanking them for their time, Buffy slumped down against the door and cried as William caught her before she hit the floor.

He carried her to their bedroom to comfort her while she cried.

He whispered in her ear before she fell asleep, “It’s almost over luv. We will make it.”