Chapter 35: Court Appearance



Buffy and William were subpoenaed after all.

It had been three months and they were trying to get ready for their wedding and didn’t want to have to deal with Angel issues but they came as requested.

Each had to stand in front of the court after listening to their recorded messages and state that permission was given to use the recorded messages, it was indeed their voice as well as the whole truth.

Buffy tried not to look at Angel the whole time she was on the stand but at times had looked up when asked a question.

She shook in fear as she noticed Angel glaring at her.

It made her feel very uneasy and she kept praying that her time would be over soon.

But she did well and held her ground repeating what the judge asked her to repeat.

As she stepped down she almost collapsed from shaking so bad and William was allowed to carry her back to her seat in the audience where he quietly held her until she calmed down.

They still had one more part in the court case that they had to play.

They had to do the same with the statements about the injuries both had sustained by Angel and his men.

Buffy was so nervous as she went home that night knowing that she would be called back the next day to do the same thing with images of her back then battered body being plastered on the large screen.

She didn't want to stand in front of Angel again.

He still scared her so much. She couldn't seem to forget what might have happened to her if Anya hadn't of read the newspaper that day or if Xander hadn't of called William.

She cried in William’s arms the minute they hit their hotel room and William held her tight feeling helpless as he watched her cry herself into a fitful state of sleeping.

He watched her sleep as he continued to held her tight and fell asleep himself dreading the next day’s court appearance.

Buffy wore a beautiful red dress that William had picked out for her and her favorite earrings and necklace that she had often said made her feel special and like a princess.

He had hoped it would help her feel better and respond better to the appearance.

Buffy was called first this time.

As images of her bruised body was shown on the screen and his abuse was described, Buffy sank lower and lower into the chair.

She watched Angel glare more and more towards her.

Buffy whimpered out the responses, gripping the stand in front of her with all her strength turning her hands and knuckles white.

She silently prayed for strength before finally turning towards William who smiled at her and whispered, “You are doing just fine pet. Just keep going.”

Buffy felt a little braver and gave William a smile before turning to the judge and in a braver voice replied to his questions.

After a horrifying hour on the stand, Buffy was asked to step down and Doctor Ben took the stand.

Buffy clung to William knowing his turn would be next and wanting to settle down before he left her to go on the stand.

Just as she was about to feel better, William was requested up on the stand and he took off his duster and covered Buffy up with it and the judge smiled at what a sweet gesture that was and William took the stand.

He was clear and strong as he talked.

He explained where his injuries was, how he got them, identified three men on the screen that were his victims and clearly identified Angel as the person he hit.

He stated in a clear fashion when asked, that he was angry after hearing the abuse Angel had put Buffy through and was not thinking clearly.

He apologized for the results of his disorderly conduct but not for protecting his woman.

The juries started talking among themselves but the judge called for order again in her court and William was asked to step down.

He immediately picked up Buffy and set her in his lap to comfort her for a few minutes knowing it might be another day before they hear the results.

Again Doctor Ben was called to the stand and William cuddled Buffy close hoping to make her feel better.

As expected, the court was adjourned until the next morning when sentencing would take place.


Chapter 36: Court Rulings



William held Buffy in his arms when he got home and whispered, “Buffy pet, you don’t have to go in tomorrow if you don’t want to. We can just hear on the news or I’m sure Doctor Ben or Detective Stein will call us with the results.”

Buffy shook her head and said, “I want to see justice get done. I know we didn’t go in for the information about the girls before me or for the murders and I’m thankful but I’d like to be there for sentencing. I need to be there for sentencing.”

William nodded understanding and Buffy whispered, “Kiss me William. Make me feel like I belong to you.”

William never being one to refuse kissed Buffy and got lost in the touch and smell of her and quickly lost himself in making beautiful love to her.

He entered her swiftly after bringing her to orgasm with his mouth and realized that it still felt like the first time for him and whispered to Buffy, “You are always so perfect. Fit perfectly together. You are amazing.”

Buffy nodded in agreement whispering, “So perfect and beautiful. I’m yours.”

William nodded through hushed tones saying, “I’m yours Buffy and you’re mine. We belong to each other. I love you Buffy.”

And at those words, he brought his fingers down to where their bodies joined and rubbed her clit fast to bring her to an earth shattering orgasm.

Like always as she got off, he followed giving them both the release they needed.

Buffy whispered, “I love you too William” as William pulled her close allowing her to sleep knowing she will need it, not knowing what tomorrow’s court rulings will bring.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Well morning came and Buffy and William returned to the court room to watch the rulings Buffy curled into William’s side as his hand came up to run his fingers through her hair as though to protect her from the outside room and what this ruling might mean.

Buffy sat quietly as the judge said her peace about how the decision works and turned towards the set of juries that had been chosen and had followed the case.

There were thirteen jurors and they all had to agree for the decision to be upheld.

The judge asked the representative to stand up and an older lady stood up and when asked said, “We find the defendant, Angel O’Connor guity of the death of Rowena, guilty of first degree murder.”

Next was Amanda’s death, then Lucy’s, Caridad’s, Chao-Ahn’s, Chloe’s, Vi’s. Leah’s. Molly’s, Renee’s, Rona’s, Shannon’s and finally Simone’s.

He was found guilty of them all.

He was also found guilty for the policemen since in the digging ground they had apparently found the weapons buried as well along with gloves and some clothing used during the shootings.

The case of the two club owners was going to be brought to court if a death penalty ruling wasn’t given, since the gun that had shot them was also found with the remains of the women.

One the account of assault against Buffy Summers, he was found guilty as well and sentenced to 2 years in prison and another year in prison as well as a fine for the assault of William. William was told he was lucky that Angel had declined pressing charges at this point.

Angel got life in prison with no change of patrol overall and was dragged out of the room after giving Buffy serious death glares, in handcuffs never to see the light of day again unless they did decide to redo the club owner’s trial.

After the door closed where Angel had been taken away, Buffy let out a long deep breath and sobbed into William’s arms realizing it was over.

It was really over and she was the only girl lucky enough to have survived being with Angel.

The Judge walked up next to Buffy and laid her hand on Buffy’s shoulder whispering, “You are one lucky little girl to have such an amazing man to have taken you away in the nick of time.”

Buffy turned to her with tears in her eyes and nodded and whispered, “I know.”

The Judge removed her hand and walked out of the courtroom. Detective Stein walked up to William and handed in a box saying, “I wasn’t sure what all was Buffy’s but I took a few of her items especially pictures, a stuffed pig and her make-up and jewelry out of Angel’s spare room with a court order after you left the hospital that day. It’s not much but I hope it helps.”

William took the box and Buffy reached inside until she found her stuffed pig and hugged it tight.

William watched and gave her a kiss then kissed away her tears and whispered, “Ready to go home luv? We have a wedding to plan and only two more months to plan it.”

Buffy grinned and said, “I need to show you the cake ideas I had and Anya picked out the most beautiful flowers. I’d still like with pink roses that matched my outfit the first time I met you but can we add in Dahlias? They are so beautiful…”

William smiled happily listening to his Buffy make plans for what should be the most perfect wedding.


Chapter End Notes:
Just 3 more chapters left guys!