Author's Chapter Notes:
Now the moment you guys have been waiting for.

Chapter 37: The Perfect Wedding



Today was the big day everyone had been waiting for, William and Buffy’s wedding.

The wedding was to take place in a beautiful white chapel that had been decorated to Anya and Buffy’s directions.

It was amazing.

The chapel of course was white and had been decorated with pink roses and pink dalias to accent them.

Baby breaths and white and pink roses were placed around the room to really make it smell beautiful.

There were flowers strung from column to column.

Ivy decorated with white and pink roses were swung around every column to add color and the floor had been freshly waxed and glitter covered the floor making everywhere someone stepped sparkle especially from the beautiful stain-glass windows that the church had already.

The balcony was decorated with strings of ivy colored by pink and white dahlias and the pulpit area was also decorated by roses.

The room looked beautiful. Not too overly done but it smelled beautiful.

The guests had already arrived and the place was humming with noise.

William stood in his place beside Gunn, Scott, Oz and Xander who were his best men and Fred, Cassie, Willow and Anya were Buffy’s maids of honor.

Tara and Lucy were the ushers and Oz’s little girl was the flower girl.

Fred and Gunn’s little boy was the ring bearer.

Willow’s kids were away for the summer with their grand parents so they were not included in the wedding.

Since they were older, they didn't really have a place in the wedding and would have ended up fighting with Oz's for spaces.

The flower girl smiled happily walking with the ring bearer by her side.
Both of them walked happily throwing white and pink rose petals onto the solid white silk runner that had tiny pink flowers sewn onto it (Anya’s idea but sewn by Buffy) so it wasn’t slippery with their dress shoes.

Next came Fred and Cassie side by side who were happily walking down the aisle, each holding a tiny corsage on their wrist made of white and pink roses and a touch of baby breath.

In their hands, each held either a white or pink dahlia. After Fred and Cassie, came Willow and Anya.

Each of the ladies were dressed in pink dresses accented by white tiaras in their hair which had been sparkled with white glitter and laced with pink ribbon where tiny white baby breaths had been sewn by Buffy herself.

The ladies looked lovely. Finally Buffy walked down the aisle with Giles by her side.

Giles was not her father but after Buffy had met up with her mother to collect her money, she and William had been invited to their house and after many tears being shed, they had renewed their relationship.

Joyce had been told that Buffy had left to live with her real father who was living in Europe temporarily.

Joyce and Buffy’s real father had never been close and after placing a call to the number Hank had provided, Joyce was assured by a lady, who claimed to be her ex-husband’s new wife, that Buffy was safe and sound in their house just was out at the moment.

(This was actually a paid employee of Hank’s in order to cover up his advances made on Buffy. Hank needed Joyce’s expertise to run his gallery and therefore needed to make sure Joyce was never able to talk to Buffy again and would willingly stay with him.)

After being told that Buffy would travel with her real father and have the best tutors to ensure her finishing school, Joyce had unwilling given up her idea of searching.

In order to appease Joyce, Hank had set up a false email address on which fast and quick emails were sent from “Buffy” to her mother saying she was fine and happy but was still mad about her marrying Hank but would always wish her the best of luck.

Hank also constantly reminded her that she must abide by Buffy’s wishes to be with her real father.

Learning none of this was true, Joyce had willing took Buffy into her loving arms and apologized for the wrong she had done Buffy.

After months of repairing their relationship, Buffy had grown close to Giles and her mother again both playing perfect parent figures

They also accepted William willingly into the family, so Giles was therefore asked to walk Buffy down the aisle.

Giles gave Buffy a kiss on her cheek at the end of the aisle after answering the Pastor’s question of who gives her away and whispered in her ear, “You look dashing. Enjoy this special day.”

Buffy smiled and gave him a kiss on his cheek and walked up to William to hold his hand giving him a huge smile eager for this day.

Buffy did indeed look dashing. She had a wedding dress that was homemade by herself.

It was a simple A-line white silk dress but had been lace arms that had tiny pink roses sewn on it and the bottom of the dress had a lace middle that had the same pink roses sewn on it.

The dress elegantly showed off her curves.

Her veil was white lace that matched the design of the middle of the dress and the lace on her arms and had tiny pink roses sewn on as well.

Her hair was cascading down her back in ringlets thanks to Willow and Anya’s hard work and she had sparkling pink earrings that William had bought for her after learning pink was her theme.

Under her dress, William didn’t realize it yet but she had on the same garter as she had worn back when she was 14 and had gone to his house for the stripping episode and had ended up sleeping with him.

Anya had insisted this was a great idea when they had noticed it was still in the box that had been taken from Angel's place. Willow had said it matched her dress so that had decided it was perfect.


Chapter End Notes:
And the second part of the actual wedding is next! Then one chapter to tie up some loose ends.