Chapter 38: Til Death Do Us Part



Buffy smiled up at William both said I do then the pastor paused giving them each time to say their personal vows that they had written.

Buffy spoke first knowing if she heard William’s first she might break down in tears and be unable to say hers after all.

William took her hands in his and smiled at her whispering, “Remember it’s only us here.”

Buffy nodded and spoke loud and clear thanks to the microphone above their heads being turned on, “William, we met in the most particular way but immediately I felt drawn to you. You were my hero then, and still are today. You have saved me from my horrible life and kept me sane throughout it. You were my first love and my only love and I promise to stay by your side no matter what even if your restaurants all close and we are suddenly broke.”

The congregation started laughing all knowing that wouldn’t happen and how rich the couple really were.

Buffy smiled and continued, “William we were meant to be since day one and no matter I ran away to, you found me. I was never really alone because you always came for me. Thank you William for loving me and protecting me even from myself and I look forward to spending the rest of my life trying to show you just how thankful I was and how much you really mean to me.”

She paused as she said in a softer voice but still heard, “Oh and I promise I won’t run away again. You’re stuck with me.”

The audience clapped at how beautiful her vows were.

When the clapping stopped William cleared his voice and wiped a tear from Buffy’s eyes before starting, “Buffy, you are my life and my soul mate. I always would find you no matter where you go but hopefully you have stopped running by now.”

A few laughs filled the audience as well as Buffy’s giggle and nod.

William replied, “Good because you are the one for me. I knew it from the first day I set eyes on you. Some people search their whole lives for that perfect person to spend their lives with. To find the person who understands them, brings out the best in them even when they themselves can’t see it, and the person who makes them feel complete and whole and above all loved. I promise Buffy to cherish and love you always. I will never leave your side, protect you from harm and always wipe away your tears which hopefully I never cause. Unless they are good ones. Buffy I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you and making babies with you and sharing my money with you and being to you the best husband there ever was.”

There was clapping that filled the church and when it stopped the pastor turned towards William and said repeat after me, “I, William Pratt, take you Buffy Summers, to be my wife and constant friend and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and the bad, and in joy as well as sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you, to cry with you and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.”

Buffy felt the ring being pushed on her finger and she smiled at him and then took the ring from the ring bearer for William and pushed it partially on his finger repeating after the pastor, “I, Buffy Summers, take you William Pratt, to be my husband and constant friend and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and the bad, and in joy as well as sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you, to cry with you and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.”

The pastor said a few more words then stated to Buffy and to William “By the power invested in me by the Lord Almighty and the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.”

All laughed as the pastor looked to see Buffy and William already joined in a passionate kiss and everyone in the church clapped.

Buffy and William were now married.


Chapter 39: Epilogue



“Mommy, daddy come quick. Watch me and Willie as we jump together. We can time it perfectly.”

William came out of the kitchen headed through the dining room where Buffy was setting the table watching the pool from the room.

Both of them walked out onto the deck overlooking the pool.

“Watch this! One, two, three!,” Dawn jumped into the pool at the same time as Willie making a huge splash.

William looked at Buffy and laughed saying, “Why don’t you kids see if you can perhaps keep some of the water into the pool today for once, yeah?”

Buffy laughed and William pulled her tight against his side wrapping his arm around her waist and leaned in to kiss the top of her head then shouted to the kids as well as Buffy, “K, half-pint and little bit, you got two minutes to get out of the pool to attempt to dry off so you can get changed to be allowed into the house before dinner will be ready.”

The kids yelled, “Do we have to? Can’t we eat on the deck again tonight?”

Buffy looked at William and shrugged and he said, “I guess so but you still have to be sort of dry so two minutes. Then you two can play in the sand box after dinner for at least 30 minutes before you can swim again, K?”

The kids nodded still swimming around.

They were like little fish during the summer time. Willie was 7 but as quiet as can be and preferred letting 5-year-old Dawn talk for him.

Just then the phone rang waking up sleeping Olivia who started to scream and Buffy went to get the baby while William went to get the phone.

Buffy returned to the room with William pulling the food out of the oven and grinned at Buffy as he leaned in and gave her a kiss that squished Olivia who squirmed.

She didn't cry but instead tapped on Buffy and William’s face when they stopped kissing, trying to re-push their faces together.

Buffy and William laughed and Buffy asked, “Who was on the phone sweetie?”

William grinned and said, “Joyce and Giles. They invited us and the kids over to their house and said to invite Anya and Xander and their lot as well as Oz and Willow.”

Buffy grinned and said, “Think Anya will come even though she’s pregnant again?”

William grinned and said, “I can be very persuasive besides, I’ll offer my sweet and sour meatballs and he’ll definitely drag Anya along with Maggie, Forrest and Cordy even with Anya pregnant.”

Buffy nodded and said, “The kids play with Rachel and Krista tomorrow so I’ll talk to Willow and Oz while they play ok? I have to go over the accounting again for the opening of the new restaurant in L.A.”

William nodded and gave Buffy another kiss and said, “Let’s make sure the kids are out of the pool before dinner gets cold.”

Buffy nodded as she helped William by carrying the bread outside and still holding Olivia that she put into the high chair.

She saw her two good children sitting at the table wrapped in their towels ready to eat. Life in Pratt land was sometimes just perfect.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Somewhere in a prison cell in L.A. max security prison, Angel was yelling at the bars, “Let me out. Let me out! I can’t take it anymore.”

When no one answered he turned around in his cell and sat down on his little make shift cot and sighed thinking life in prison is worse than the death sentence.

No one other outside the prison gave a second thought to Angel for the rest of his life, forgetting he even existed.


THE END!


Chapter End Notes:
The End! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it :)