Author's Chapter Notes:
Infers slight kissing that might be considered incest but isn't graphic and ends quickly. I will warn in the chapter this occurs in. Slight Buffy/Other mentioned not elaborate and mostly to deal with plot. Spike/Other mentioned in passing but not dealt with in the stroy other than for plot reasons.
Disclaimer: I do not own Buffy or Spike or any other characters in this story. They belong to Joss Whedon and ME and whoever else owns it. Only thing I do own is the plot.

Chapter 4: What Do I Do Now?



Buffy was dropped off at the bus station in L.A. She looked around wasn’t sure where to go. She knew no one in L.A. and she was only 14.

She let out a sigh and decided to take one of the cabs at the front of the station. She climbed in dragging her suitcase behind her as she requested a hotel for the night, something cheap and clean.

The driver promised he knew what she needed and dropped her off at a motel 6.

The outside looked good enough so she handed the guy $10 dollars for the ride and walked up into the hotel.

She was nervous never having been anywhere herself but straightened up her shoulders to look like she belonged knowing this was how her life would be from now on. She couldn’t go back to her mother and Hank. She had to be brave.

She requested a room for the night. No questions were asked and she laid down on the bed to sleep knowing that already she had spent $200. Her money wasn’t going to last long at this rate.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy knew she needed a job. She was only 14 years old though. What respectable place would hire a 14 year old.

She sighed and started to wander the streets after paying for the room another night to have a place to store her suitcase.

She saw a club which said, “Now Hiring!” in fancy pink letters. Perhaps this could be a place she could work.

She walked into the club and saw a lady in the front cleaning the place. It wasn’t open for business it appeared.

The lady in the front who’s name was Sandy said, “What do you need buttercup?”

Buffy tried to look a little taller to appear older and said, “I’m looking for a job.”

Sandy rolled her eyes and said, “How old are you?”

Buffy hesitated and decided to lie, “Just turned 16 ma’am.”

Sandy laughed and then said, “Go through the club to the back. Knock on the black door. They will help you there.” Sandy didn’t say anything more and turned around to arrange the bottles behind the bar.

Buffy looked down at her tan skirt and straightened it a bit and looked down at her pink tank top and thought it looked nice enough.

She knocked on the black door and tall man answered and ushered her inside, “So you here for a job?”

Buffy nodded.

The man walked over to a boom box and said, “Well let’s see you in action.”

Buffy looked confused and the man decided to elaborate a bit, “This is a strip joint. We pay $30 an hour to strippers, $20 for waitresses. You work 6 days a week, the 7th is optional and for extra pay. So you here to strip or waitress?”

He looked the tiny girl over and Buffy stuttered saying, “Waitress?”

He turned around turning the music off and opened a locker saying, “Size 5? 6?”

Buffy replied, “5” and the man turned around nodding handing Buffy an outfit, "Come back tonight at 5 sharp wearing this. Oh and get some comfortable black shoes. You will need them. You work until 2 am. That a problem?”

Buffy shook her head. He asked, “Need a place to stay?”

Buffy said, “Yes sir. I’m new to the area.”

The man smiled and said, “You can have free room and board, the pay will go down to $10 an hour. You can still keep your tips. You can move in whenever you want. It’s empty.”

Buffy nodded her head and said, “Thank you.”

The man said, “Don’t mention it.”

Buffy took her outfit and walked back to the hotel after stopping to get herself a pair of dressy black heeled boots, a pair of red tights to go under the black skirt she was holding and a pony-tail holder that was red before walking back to the hotel to check out.


Chapter 5: What It Means to Be a Waitress



Buffy dumped her suitcase in the center of her new apartment. It was simple, but what she needed.

One wall held a single bed with a small dresser that had a nice mirror over it. There was a small closet that gave her some space for some new clothes when she could afford it. The third wall had a small fridge and microwave. There was a tiny bathroom that had a small shower, a sink and toilet. The fourth wall had a tiny television that was put on top of a nightstand.

She sighed and laid back on her bed flipping through the 13 channels she got on the television to waste the time until 5.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy was eager to start her first day. She stood downstairs in her red tank that barely covered her top and her short black skirt that barely covered her bottom and watched the other waitresses get ready.

One of the waitresses named Anne, walked up to her and placed a marker in Buffy’s hand and a tacky pink lettered name plate that she explained while smacking on her gum, “Write your name on the white part and wear this everyday.”

She looked at Buffy’s hair and frowned and disappeared for a moment taking the black marker from Buffy and took out a red ribbon and tied the ribbon around Buffy’s hair.

She said, “If you insist on putting your hair up, wear a ribbon in it at least to make it look sexy. Actually come here, I’ll help you. You need some work.”

Buffy followed behind Anne dutifully watched as she appeared some more makeup to Buffy’s face asking her to blot the lip stick which was bright red.

She then showed Buffy a mirror and Buffy gasped. She barely recognized the girl looking back at her, which was a more sophisticated looking lady. She had put black eyeliner around Buffy’s green eyes and green eye shadow to really make her eyes appear larger. Her cheeks were decorated with a bright pink rouge that made her appear to be blushing even though she wasn’t. On her lips, they were painted bright red.

She looked at Anne when she realized she was talking to her, “You should see about piercing your ears doll. Guys go for long dangling earrings on a girl but besides that, I think you look hot.”

Buffy smiled and the doors opened and Buffy was sent to work. She was given a notepad and a fancy pink pen that was as bright as the tacky sign on the door outside.

She was taught how to make basic drinks and how to place food orders which basically were snack items. She learned how to place the tips in her breasts to keep the guys’ coming back for more.

She learned to smile at them even when they were oogling at her. She barely took the time to notice the strippers on the stage but sometimes the guys would point one out to her and she would blush even more and make an appropriate comment and still bring them their orders.

By the end of the night, she was tired and so ready for bed. And this became the story of her life.


Chapter End Notes:
Spike enters the next chapter. Are we excited yet? I am!