Author's Chapter Notes:
Infers slight kissing in the incestual nature but isn't graphic and ends quickly. I will warn in the chapter this occurs in. Slight Buffy/Other mentioned not elaborate and mostly to deal with plot. Spike/Other mentioned in passing but not dealt with in the story other than for plot reasons.
Disclaimer: I do not own Buffy or Spike or any other characters in this story. They belong to Joss Whedon and ME and whoever else owns it. Only thing I do own is the plot.

Chapter 16: Guardian Angel



Buffy took the job as a bartender at Angel’s club and found herself learning all sorts of new things.

She learned how to mix every drink in the club which was well over 150 drinks.

She was amazed and just how many types of drinks you could make with just a bottle of whiskey.

But she was eager to learn and the second bartender Tara, was eager to show her. Together they would whip up drinks, talk to the patrons, watch others dance, as well as having fun.

She still felt like something was missing in her life but it wasn’t something she thought about much.

She spent five nights a week working at the club. People got to know her by name and by face. She was very popular, even more so than Tara but Tara didn’t begrudge her even though she had been there longer.

Buffy got to keep all tips and she was making a great $25 dollars an hour.

She thought part of that was because she was servicing Angel.

Part of the living arrangements was she could stay in her own room at night, alone, as long as she gave Angel a blow job each night to ensure he went to bed satisfied.

The most she let him do to her was to kiss her and sometimes fondle her breasts as he liked to do while she got him off.

He was kind of a rough man so she was thankful he didn’t push for sex. She couldn’t imagine it feeling nice.

He was always pulling on her breasts, biting them and creating big bruises that would sometimes last for days even one lasted a week.

She never complained because after all she was getting free room and board and she was able to save up a lot of money to have a better future someday.

She spent her time on the two nights she was required to sit at Angel’s table and pretend to listen to him, dreaming of a time where she could settle down.

William was always playing the part of the husband and the children always looked like a mix of William and her. Their house was always cute but adequate, and their life was always easier.

She would spend her nights alone, getting herself off remembering the feel of William’s hands and mouth on her before crying herself to sleep due to the loneliness of missing him.

This continued for another 2 long years. It became a part of her daily life but she was dying inside. Slowly but surely it was killing her from the inside out to be apart from William


Chapter 17: A Visit to the ER



Buffy was shopping after getting her paycheck.

She enjoyed shopping since Angel had changed the room next to her into a walk-in closet.

She didn’t like staying with Angel but really had no choice.

Last night, Buffy was really tired. She had been fighting a cold and was so exhausted that she had come home from the club and fell asleep.

She didn’t even hear Angel come up into her room and yell at her to get up. She was dizzy and sick and couldn’t make sense of his words until she had felt his hand hit her face.

That had woken her up and she felt his cock being slammed into her face.

He roughly pulled her shirt off her in order to get to her breasts and was mauling them and hurting her so she quickly got him off the best she could so he would leave her alone.

He did leave her alone within minutes after he had gotten off and closed the door behind him leaving her to wonder if it really happened or if it was just a figment of her fever-induced mind but the bruises on her eye and breast assured her it was real.

But now she was carrying her bags to the car and didn’t see the car swing around the corner until it slammed into her.

Her bags flew into the air and she lay face up on the pavement appearing as though she was dead. She briefly heard someone yell, “Call 911. She’s been hit.”

Then a man with a deep voice sobbing saying, “I didn’t see her. I really didn’t’ see her.”

Then another lady saying, “Is she dead?”

And another saying, “Isn’t she the girl with Angel O’Connor?”

Buffy felt herself slip into darkness not hearing anything else that was said nor feeling anything as she was lifted into an ambulance and taken away to the hospital.

Angel was pacing in the ER listening to doctors and nurses buzz around caring for Buffy.

He didn’t really care for the girl but he had hit the papers and sitting in the room was a reporter and he had to appear to be distraught.

He just hoped her bills weren’t too expensive or that they didn’t notice the shiner he had put on her the night before or the bruises over her breasts.

He shrugged thinking they would just think the accident did it. Angel had a great rep, nothing could ruin it.

As Angel was lost in his thoughts, a doctor came through the door saying, “Mr. O’Connor?”

Angel nodded ready to hear what the doctor would say hoping it was good news so he could get out of here before the club opened in a few minutes thinking that Tara would just have to work alone for a few days.

Instead he heard the words, “It’s not promising. She had lots of internal bleeding. We stopped it we think but there was still damage. It’s possible the brain could clear out some of the damaged part. Sometimes the brain works miracles. One of her lungs collapsed but we were able to re-inflate it and her stomach suffered some damage but surgery should be able to repair it to almost as good as new. There were strange bruising on her body but we think it’s just from the accident. Sometimes people in accidents experience bruising in the oddest of places. There shouldn’t be any scarring but she’s in a coma right now. We aren’t exactly sure why. Sometimes the body puts us into comas to allow us to repair ourselves better than we can while we are awake.She was also fighting a cold so that could also be the cause of the coma. Her immune system is weakened.” Angel said, “Can I see her? I have to get back to club before it opens.”

The doctor nodded leaving Angel in to see his girlfriend.


Chapter End Notes:
More spuffiness is on the way. Just three more chapters of mostly plot and I'm so sorry but those can't contain Spike who it would take away the reunion which is coming. I promise.