Chapter 15: Mission Complete



Buffy jumped up saying, “I’ve found it. I think I really found it Wes.”

Wesley came over to where Buffy was standing and sure enough there sat the picture of the exact urn.

He smiled at Buffy patting her on the shoulder saying, “Thank you. That will save me tons of trouble. It’s early do you want to do something else?”

Buffy shrugged saying, “What I’d really like to do is train somewhere. Is there any place I can work off energy. All this reading and sitting and singing is nice and all but god I could use some training.”

Wesley nodded saying, “Push 2, and ask Angel if you can use his room or if not if he will grant you access to the bigger room downstairs. It’s well used so hopefully he’ll let you use his.”

Buffy pressed 2 and heard Angel say, “What do you want Wes?”

Buffy quietly responded, “It’s me. Can I use your training room? I really need to work off some energy. I completed what Wes needed but now I need to kick some ass.”

Angel smiled thinking that sounded nice and said, “Sure I’ll join you. I could use a break.”

Buffy turned to Wesley saying, “Thanks. Hopefully I helped. See you at Lorne’s tonight?”

Wesley nodded saying, “Sure thing. Enjoy your work out.”

Buffy sighed hitting 3 and wished Angel wasn’t joining her.

She stepped out of the elevator and saw Angel standing in front of her in just pants no shirt. She remembered how that used to turn her on so much but now it was just normal.

She grinned saying, “Want to spar?”

Angel repeated, “Spar?”

Buffy nodded saying, “Spar. You know, I kick your ass, you kick mine. Lots of fun.”

Angel blinked saying, “You’ve sparred with someone? I didn’t think Giles had that in him.”

Buffy looked embarrassed saying, “No Giles didn’t have them in him….”

Angel figured she was talking about Spike and was anxious to show her anything Spike could do, he could too. Part of him was curious how Spike had gotten to spar with her when he had a chip in his head but shrugged it off as not important.

He stood saying, “Ok Buffy you start.”

Buffy kicked Angel and he blocked it and she kicked him again and he blocked it again. She wasn’t feeling the rush she normally did with Spike but figured she’d give it time. She threw a few punches and he dodged them easily.

She grinned seeing she could really go out on him. She jumped and kicked him into the stomach making contact, he groaned but easily threw a punch in her direction which she blocked thinking he was a bit stronger than Spike. She threw a punch at him and he threw one as well hitting her in the shoulder.

She smirked realizing these were all new moves to her but weren’t that great. She could work with this. She kicked in his direction making contact with his stomach, she blocked the kick he threw back and she flipped behind him kicking him in the back.

She then flipped over him again and landed a kick in his chest. She was so thankful Spike had worked with her on that move. She round kicked him and he blocked it and she threw a punch at him and again he blocked it. She flipped to the side and threw a punch into his side causing him to knock over.

She kicked his leg causing him to kneel and then punched his head and it hit landed. She was shocked. She threw a kick at his chest and again it landed.

She heard Angel said, “Hold on. I need a minute.” She stepped back and noticed Angel was looking at her in shock.

He said, “Is this how you normally sparred before?”

Buffy nodded but knew she had been holding back with Angel. He wasn’t a passionate fighter. He was cold and calculated. That’s how he was losing. He wasn’t giving his all to the fight.

She sighed and went over to a punching bag and started really nailing it. She threw punch after punch, kick after kick and really gave the bag a great work out.

Angel watched her fight and thought her fighting was more passionate, more full of emotion. Angel sighed knowing where she learned that. Her moves were also more flashy and used more effort than required and again a Spike trait but she had some of herself in there too.

She was graceful and light on her feet. She bounced on her heels before planting a move and continued until she had enough. She then did some flips over the mat landing on her feet. She ran up to the pommel horse and did a hand stand holding herself in the air before splitting her legs in the air and bouncing back to land on her feet.

She noticed Angel was watching her but really couldn’t care as she went back over the punching bag and started wailing it like no tomorrow. Sweat poured down her face and back but she just wanted release.

Angel heard his phone ring and left her alone as eh continued to hit it over and over again. Her hands started to bleed and she didn’t care. She finally stopped and run out of the room in tears.

She ran past Angel never stopped and swiped her card hitting 1 quickly and started to cry the second the elevator door closed.

She opened the door to her room and flung herself onto the bed and cried. She missed Spike so much and wasn’t sure how she was going to make it in this world without him. She felt dead inside. She looked at her bleeding hands and sighed noticing she was turning her sheets dark red.

She got up and went over to the sink and ran them under cold water enjoying the sting she felt as they were washed clean. As she washed them clean and closed her eyes she could also hear Spike saying, “You hurt your hands.”

She looked at his hands noticed that they were banged up too as was his body and she said, “You’re hurt worse.”

He nodded and she opened her eyes to see her knuckles were a mess but the bleeding had at least stopped.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@




Spike shook the sleeping girl awake. Candy had been chained to a bed and was definitely pregnant.

He had unchained her before waking her up hoping her pregnant state would make it so that she didn’t take off running as soon as she would woke.

She woke up disorientated saying, “Who are you and are you here to take my baby away too?”

Spike shook his head saying, “Angel wants to see you. He works with a law firm. Not sure what he wants with you but he sent me to rescue you and bring you to him.”

Candy shrugged saying, “Well let’s go. Anything is better than this Hell hole.”

Spike opened the door as she walked through and he led her to his car. She commented, “Nice set of wheels.”

Spike smirked but said nothing and instead started the car to gun it out of there and head back to headquarters to get this mission finished.

He closed his eyes for a minute while driving and got the image of Buffy’s hands all banged up. He whispered, “You hurt your hands.” He could also feel Buffy looking him over whispering, “You’re hurt worse.”

He could only nod and reopened his eyes to continue the drive back. He looked at his banged up hands and sighed. Those were the least of his worries.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@


Buffy jumped into the shower and washed her body off and washed the tears away. She hopped out and picked out one of the outfits she had brought with her, a red and black checkered skirt with a red tank top and a black jean jacket. She put makeup on but noticed since she ate, her skin was a more healthier color but she was still so pale and sickly looking. She sighed and pulled her hair up in a red ribbon and figured she looked fine.

She was only going to sing again to make people happy. She swiped her card and hit 3 to meet Angel.

She stepped out of the elevator to see Angel standing there.

He said, “Shall we go?”

Buffy nodded and pretend to smile as she took his hand and went into the elevator. He swiped his card and hit 7 and turned towards Buffy saying, “So how was your day with Wesley?”

He noticed her hurt knuckles but decided not to say anything.

She shrugged saying, “I found the urn. It was some Italian thing. He seemed excited about it when I left. Thanks for letting me use the gym today it felt good to really just let loose and train.”

Angel nodded and said, “Well you are welcomed to stay here as long as you want. I’ll even make you your own department for you to work in if you wanted.”

Buffy decided not to say anything and just followed Angel into the club.