Chapter 2: Arrival



“You need me to do what in Wisconsin? Are there even planes in Wisconsin? I thought all that was there are dairy cows,” Spike bellowed at Angel.

Angel shrugged knowing he had to get rid of Spike and said, “There’s a plane waiting for you to take you there. I need you to pick up the scroll from there and bring it back to me.”

Spike paced saying, “Can’t you have someone less important do this thing?”

Angel shrugged and said, “I think I already am.”

Spike kicked the chair in the room breaking it before exiting the room flicking a cigarette across the room not caring if it caught fire or not. The sooner he got to Wisconsin, the sooner he could get back.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Buffy stood in front of the doors of Wolfram and Hart. She honestly hated the place. She knew it was an evil law firm. She hated that Angel had reduced him to working for the evil side even if it was to do good. How can you possible do good in an evil environment?

She sighed as she got lost in thoughts but took a deep breath and pushed onward.

She stopped at the desk and whipped out a stake out of her back pocket to corner Harmony saying, “What are you doing here? I should have staked you long ago!”

She kicked Harmony back behind her desk and Harmony vamped out as she spit out, “Angel hired me!”

Buffy kicked Harmony again and punched her in the jaw saying, “Well I’ll just dust you so you no longer work here.”

Harmony reached up and hit a button screeching into it about Buffy trying to kill her.

Buffy rolled her eyes in annoyance as she was ready to plunge the stake into the screeching vampire’s heart.

Just then Buffy felt a cool hand on her shoulder and for a split minute another face flash before her eyes and she almost cried with joy until she realized the hand was too heavy so she sighed and turned around saying, “Angel why is Harmony working for you? I thought you were doing good work not letting evil life fun and fancy free!”

Angel sighed saying, “No one drinks human blood around here. She can work here as long as she’s not feeding. We do random tests to ensure they aren’t feeding. She does ok secretary work actually. I don’t think you are here to kill my workers and clients. Giles said you have something for me. Let’s take this to my office.”

Buffy frowned knowing Angel had a point and she could do nothing really.

Harmony stood up and straightened her skirt saying in a sweet voice, “Angel, Buffy has arrived and is here to see you.”

Angel rolled his eyes putting his hand on Buffy’s back to guide her into his office.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Buffy stared at the broken chair and smelt the air. Oh god a flood of memories hit her like a ton of bricks.

Angel noticed her pained expression and said, “Sorry about the chair. I had a client in here who got upset hearing he couldn’t stay in L.A. after all.”

Buffy nodded taking a seat in the second chair and sighed.

She reached into her briefcase and handed Angel the five watcher journals she had brought with her saying, “I’m not totally sure why I had to bring you these but I hope they help.”

Angel shrugged saying, “Wesley wanted them. Not sure why. We meet tomorrow at noon. You should come.”

Buffy nodded but didn’t say a word.

Angel continued, “Are you hungry? I can have them bring you up some food from the dining area.”

Buffy shook her head saying, “I ate on the plane.” It was a lie but she knew Angel wouldn’t push her.

Angel continued, “I set up a place for you to stay on the lower level within the building. There’s a private elevator that will take you to my waiting room at any time. You should probably buzz Harmony just to make sure I’m in the office though.”

Buffy nodded eager to just get away from this place and escape to her room. She faked a yawn then said, “I’m sorry, I’m just tired after the long plane ride. I didn’t get to get any sleep last night with making the arrangements to arrive here within the day.”

Angel nodded and said, “I’ll have Fred show you to your quarters.”

He buzzed and said, “Fred, can you show Buffy her room?”

She heard a Texan accent come over the intercom saying, “Sure thing Angel.”

Angel talked to fill the silence until Fred arrived, “Honestly Buffy if you need anything during your stay don’t hesitate to ask. I can give you a car, dinner, even a night on the town if you would like. I have some time I can take off in the next few days for us to hang out. Fred is nice by the way. I think you will like her. Everyone else does. She’s trying to hook up Wesley but she’ll probably tell you that.”

Buffy tried to fake a smile when Angel said, “I’m really glad to see you Buffy and glad you could come.”

She couldn’t return the sediments but figured a smile would do the trick.

It seemed she was right as Angel took it as an invitation to give her a hug and let Fred lead her to her room.

After she left, Angel changed his clothes taking a good hot shower to wash off any trace of her and knowing he would have to do the same tomorrow when she awoke.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Fred talked happily to Buffy. She noticed the girl looked depressed and almost sickly.

She had heard from Angel she had been having a rough time but this girl looked like her best friend had died. Fred decided to try to cheer her up with funny stories, “So Lorne threw this Halloween party for everyone including clients, and employees and even Angel attended. So Gunn is walking around ‘marking his territory’ by peeing on everything! Me and Wesley ended up drunk kind of when our relationship really first began and Angel and Eve end up having sex and…” She paused knowing Angel said not to mention Spike’s name so she said, “Lorne was sleep deprived due to setting up the party and was destroying the place! It took us forever to figure it out. But it was really funny.”

Buffy politely laughed and Fred thought that meant she was enjoying her stories. She then invited Buffy for karaoke tomorrow night in Lorne’s nightclub area.

She grinned saying, “Lorne can read people and tell them their destiny. You should try it.”

Buffy shrugged and said, “Perhaps.”

Finally they had reached her room. Fred handed her a card and said, “This is your pass to get around. If you use the key and type 1 into the elevator you will be brought here. 2 will bring you for food, 3 for Angel’s waiting room and I’m not sure what 4-8 are or if they even got programmed yet. I wouldn’t wander around too much, you may get lost.”

Buffy nodded and took the key swiping it into her door eager to get behind them. Fred followed her in bringing her two suitcases in and smiled, “Home sweet home for the next few days or weeks. Angel said he wasn’t sure how long you were staying so to make sure you had a room with everything even a kitchen.”

Buffy faked a smile saying, “Thanks Fred. It’s great.”

Fred smiled and said, “Welcome to Wolfram and Hart Buffy. I know you will love it here. We all do.” Fred closed the door behind her leaving Buffy to escape into her room and sleep for eternity.