Chapter 7: Cat Napping



Buffy yawned as she walked into Angel’s office to return the credit card. She hadn’t been so wiped out in a while.

Shopping with Fred sure took a lot out of a girl. She had even been hungry enough to eat some of her ice cream. Granted there was no nutritional value in ice cream but Fred seemed happy as can be to see she was eating and it tasted good.

She remembered one time Spike and her had raided the ice cream in his crypt and did unbelievable things with it. She grinned for a moment thinking of cold ice cream on warm skin and the ways to make a vampire warm mmmm.

She snapped out of the memory and looked up to say to Angel, “Thank you for the card. We did tons of shopping as you can see from the bags back in the waiting room and that’s only half. Fred brought some already down to my place already.”

She didn’t bother to tell Angel that a lot of the money spent was on Fred but that didn’t seem important so she continued, “I’m sorry but I’m exhausted. Shopping with Fred took a lot of my energy out of me and I want to be in tip-top shape for battling the vampires tonight. Do you mean horribly if I nap?”

Angel shook his head thinking he had some more work to do plus he wanted to talk to Wesley about something but that could wait until tomorrow, “I don’t mind. I want you to be well rested to enjoy Lorne’s club and to enjoy slaying. See you in a few hours Buffy.”

He leaned in to kiss her but she didn’t let him and walked away. Angel sat down at his desk brooding thing that this little plan of his wasn’t going so well.

Then he heard a buzz from Fred saying, “Angel can I come see you? I have something I’d like to talk to you about.”

Angel sighed hoping it wasn’t about Buffy but had no choice but to hear the girl out and said, “Certainly.”

Fred came in and pulled one of the chairs next to Angel saying, “I talked to Buffy today a lot. She seems depressed and lonely. Now I’m not saying you don’t have the ability to cheer her up but so far it hasn’t really worked. I think she’s missing Spike. I know it’s none of my business but Angel, I really think she might love Spike.”

Angel stood up and looked in Fred’s direction not wanting to yell at her but wanted her to understand this wasn’t up for debate. He paced twice back and forth twice then looked at Fred again saying, “He’s no good for her. He’s selfish, uncaring and has killed more people than Buffy even realizes. He has a horrible temper and can’t grow old and give her children.”

Fred sighed and put her hand on Angel’s arm saying, “You can’t either you know.”

He turned around removing her hand and said, “I will be human though. I’ll earn the prophecy and can make all Buffy’s dreams come true. She’s cookie dough you know and she said she imagined a future with me and not with Spike.”

Fred sighed and said, “You know best boss.” She quietly exited the office thinking that this is going to definitely end badly.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Buffy laid down on her bed rubbing her scar missing Spike like crazy. She was tired and needed his strength to get through this life. She could do it alone but she wanted to do it with Spike not alone. Part of her felt really selfish for missing him so badly when he saved the world for her. What more could a guy do for a girl than to die saving the world?

She sighed and closed her eyes and smiled as she felt his cool arms surrounded her. She could feel the soft leather cover her as he arranged it over them both. She felt herself gently being rocked back and forth as though rocked to sleep and felt herself grow warm from warm air that surrounded her. She sighed one last time to fall asleep feeling as though she were in Spike’s embrace.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Spike was getting tired of this journey. His thoughts brought him to Buffy.

He knew he would never love anyone else in this world and was willing to live with that if it meant she would have a happy and normal life. He found himself rubbing the scar again as he longed for the comfort of her in his arms.

He sighed and tied the reins of the camel around his waist thinking that the bloody stupid animal was following his camel friends and didn’t need him away. He leaned his head down on the camel’s neck and wrapped his arms around it. All at once he found himself on that red silk bed with Buffy. She was so tired and she smiled as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head smelling in her familiar scent. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Buffy was jolted awake suddenly and looked around realizing she must have been sleeping for a few hours.

She quickly got up and looked at the new outfits she bought. She chose a simple red skirt with a white tank top. She pulled on a black jacket over it and pulled on white lacy socks that matched her white lacy bra and panties and pulled on her comfortable black boots.

She figured if she didn’t get a chance to change, she would be able to wear this out to kiss some ass anyway since the skirt was loose enough. She left her hair down as she closed her eyes imagining Spike running his hand through her hair and then opened her eyes determined not to get into a crying episode when she was probably already running late.

She swiped her card in the elevator and pushed 3 to head towards Angel’s office.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Spike was jolted when the camel came to a stop. He looked around as he untied the reins from around his waist and saw a tomb in front of him.

He jumped off the camel saying, “This the place?” The three men nodded and Spike brought his water skin of blood with him as he took a sip looking around inside.

He screamed, “Bloody Hell!”

The three men followed him in and saw the place was looted and empty.

He whipped out his cell phone and hit 1 saying, “You wanker! It’s looted. There’s nothing left including the scroll…well perhaps a day or two prior. I might be able to find who did it but is this so really bleeding important? Of course I want to help. OF COURSE I find doing good things important. Bloody Hell you poof I’ll find the damn scrolls. I hope it’s written in blood for this much trouble. Oh go to hell!”

He hung up the phone and kicked some dirt as he put his phone away. He looked down noticing there were footprints made by a three-toed demon. He looked around and noticed green ooze in various places and he sighed knowing that Wesley would be able to tell him what kind of demon this was. He was the expert on this kind of thing. He held down 4 for Wesley’s cell and said, “Hey watcher boy. I got a job for you. Oh well can you look up this quickly? Probably won’t take too long, I’m on a tight nighttime schedule. Yea about 2 hours left before sunrise. I’m in bloody Egypt spending time on a camel in the desert. Isn’t that nice? Oh yea. Ok so three-toed demons, ooze green puss everywhere. Oh yea I see three fingered handprints too. Wow you know that off the top of your head? Well you enjoy Lorne’s club tonight and send everyone my best. Ciao.”

He hung up the phone turning to the three men saying, “Know where I can find a dark cave that might house some Polegi Demons?”