Chapter 15


“Hmm...yum, yum, yum! I’m going to be as fat as a piggy!” Buffy savoured the hot fish and chips, she loved every mouthful.

She screwed the paper up around the polystyrene tray and threw it in the bin, wiping her fingers and mouth on a tissue.

“And now, I need a pint of ice cold lager to wash it down with, come on, I’ll buy the first one!”

William laughed as she grabbed his hand, but he didn’t budge off the bench seat.

“Don’t you want a drink?” Buffy asked smiling she walked back to him

William didn’t know what came over him, he grabbed her and plonked her on his lap, circling his arms around her as if not to let her go…

“I do want a drink, but more importantly, I want to know that you’re enjoying yourself”

She put her arm around his shoulders and rubbed noses with him, Eskimo style and then dropped a soft light kiss on his lips, and said

“I’m having the best time of my life!”

“Oh Buffy!” William captured her lips in a searing deep kiss, he felt her go limp and he held her tightly. Her soft pink tongue brushed his and he thought he’d soared to heaven. Her fingers threaded their way into his hair, her nails softly scratching his scalp making him shiver with delight.

Some lads drove past in a car and wolf-whistled them, some shouting for them to ‘get a room’, others saying, ‘you’re in there mate’ and such comments.

They broke the kiss and stared at one another for a second or two, and then they started giggling.

“Come on…I’m parching!” Buffy said and they went to the pub.

ooOOoo

Angel got to the gallery, and saw that Xander was talking to somebody, not just a somebody, but a very beautiful somebody at that. Hoping it was a potential customer, he strode up to them confidently and stuck out his hand to the woman Xander was talking to.

“Hi, I’m Angel Stebson, this is my exhibition”

“Yes, I know who you are, I’m Lilah, Lilah Charles, from Art World Magazine. I was just talking to Mr Harris here, if you’ll excuse me?” The woman turned her back on Angel leaving him feeling a bit of an idiot…

“So if you could get Mr Giles to contact me, preferably before the end of the month?”

“Well he IS on holiday until the end of the month, he doesn’t get back here to the gallery until the second of next month, but he does phone me sometimes, just to see how things are ticking over, so I shall tell him then.” Xander explained

“It is a golden opportunity to see some excellent artwork from all over the world tell him”

“I will, well thank you Miss Charles, it’s been an absolute pleasure meeting you”

She beamed at Xander and thought what a very nice assistant William Giles had. When she’d gone Angel ambled over to Xander and said,

“Journalists huh, always wanting something!”

“Yes. Oh, you had a call from the Saxo Gallery, I left a message on the pad for you as your assistant isn’t here”

“Oh, right thanks”

“Well I’ll be going now, bye” Xander said. He made his way to the office to close down the computer and check everything was set and then he could go home.

Angel had dropped the halogen lamps at his home and hid them. He’d paid for the exhibition up front, it was pointless not to get his ‘money’s worth’ out of the time left, so he’d decided to leave things until the middle of the last week. That gave him roughly two weeks, then he’d do it – he’d burn the place down…

ooOOoo

“I’ve told Mrs Bellamy that I’m staying the extra two days.”

“Good” William swallowed, he wanted to know her plans after that but was frightened to ask, he didn’t want this to end, her being with him, and if he knew for definite that she was leaving he’d be counting the hours and being miserable and ruining things….

“Hello….earth to Will – come in Will!”

“Sorry, miles away!”

“I said, there’s so much I want to do here, you’ll have to help me find another hotel, Mrs Bellamy said she’s fully booked after my extra two days and she’s very sorry but I’ve got to go!”

“Is she…I mean have you oh, well that’s no problem – you can come and stay at the cottage with me”

Buffy looked at him and blinked

“Oh strictly above board- I mean you can have your own room! I’ve paid for the cottage for the month, and it sleeps up to four, although with that many in there you’d have to be intimately acquainted – or rather you would be! But for there’s ample room for two”

“Are you sure – that would be terrific!”

“It would? – You mean you will?” William’s shocked appearance suddenly turned to joy!

“It would be fantastic – that way we can start out on our outings straight away, together – that’s if, well you still want to go places – I understand if you need to stay here and sketch and- “

William put his hand over hers and said

“There is nothing more in this world I’d love than to take you out and about, and I was thinking, how about if I rent a car for a few days we could go down to Cornwall and up to North Devon or Somerset I can sketch there, good a places as any!”

Buffy clapped her hands as would an excited child

“That would be wonderful! Oh William, this is the best holiday I’ve ever had!” She grabbed him and gave him a real smackeroony kiss and then they both giggled!

ooOOoo


Buffy stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself. She heard her mobile ring and went and answered it, she saw it was William calling and hoped it wasn’t to cancel their date; the morning was grey and windy…

“Hi Will, is everything okay?”

“Not beach weather is it babe?” Buffy looked out of her small bedroom window, there were a few spots of rain

“No, suppose not, it’s raining now too!” she felt crestfallen

“Well how about we go to the cider factory on the little train today instead, we can go to the beach when the weather picks up”

Buffy really perked up at this, smiled and said

“Yeah, okay then, that would be great – I thought you were phoning to just cancel and that you were fed up with me!”

“Silly girl – see you in an hour then babe?”

“I’ll be ready – what shall I wear?”

“Well, I’m wearing jeans, a sweatshirt and a light zip up jacket!” William said

“Okay, I can do that, hour then, bye!”

“Bye babe!”

Buffy went down to breakfast, and had her usual of cereal and a full English, knowing that she’d only do this once more and then she’d be with William at the cottage.


ooOOoo


“What did your accountant say to you the other day?” Cordelia asked as they made their way to Home Security.

“My accountant?”

“You borrowed my car, you said-“ Cordelia began, she KNEW he was up to something.

“Oh – well I didn’t see my regular guy, he’s on holiday, I saw Whistler, he keeps an over-all eye on things…” Angel said

“I know. I wondered what you were up to!” Cordelia said honestly. Angel knew he’d have to be careful.

“Well basically, my early retirement plans are screwed, my investments are screwed, and if I lose here this week, I’m TOTALLY screwed, got nothing left Cordy”

“You’re joking!”

“I wish I was…the beach house in Malibu will have to go for a start, I can just about pay the builders off – they’ve ripped the guts out of it, and I’m gonna have to sell it at a loss now… The Hampton’s house will have to go, I can’t afford it. I lost that house in Australia because of the fires…three of my cars, the Lotus, the DB9 and the Ferrari Testarosa have been re-possessed – or rather they will be sometime this week, I haven’t kept up with the payments. – The $5 million I had with shares is now worth zilch – I’m just broke – plus Prince Arreeza wants his $1 million dollars back – and if this court thing goes belly-up then I’m right royally screwed, and I’ll have to file for bankruptcy”

“But what about those ‘off-shore’ accounts of yours?” Cordelia asked as they went through security

Angel narrowed his eyes at her and asked

“What do you know about those?”

Cordelia shrugged and said

“Nothing, just a lucky guess, I KNEW with a guy like Whistler you’d be bound to have at least one”

“Well that’s what I’ve been living off…and other people”

“Like whom?”

“Rack for one thing, man have I got to cut my ties with him...he alone can do $50,000 dollars worth of coke in a day, plus other stuff – booze what have you”

“Angel…I’ve got something to tell you, and you’re not going to like it”

Angel just looked at her

“What?”

“When we get into the office”

“Huh, that place will have to go too $30,000 a month for what – I’m hardly here”

OO

In the office, Angel sat cradling his head – this was the last straw – a Tax bill for $3 million dollars – it wasn’t fair!



ooOOoo

Will and Buffy got the bus into Torrington, and got on the little train. The train got quite packed and soon they were off. Buffy found the cider house fascinating, especially as the guide told them there were cider’s to drink like soda, some to drink like beer, some to drink like wine and some to treat like a spirit. They did the tour and went onto the tastings, and then they went for lunch.

The weather had picked up considerably, and after lunch they had a stroll around the shops. William bought himself a few art materials and a book, and Buffy bought some souvenirs and some suncream, her nose was quite sunburnt!

William was bold enough to presume, and asked

“So, what are we doing tonight?”

“Well, Buffy began with a smile, and continued, I was thinking I’d take YOU out to dinner – Mrs Bellamy was telling me that hold on…(she narrowed her eyes thinking) the Anchor pub up in the town does and excellent steak – do you fancy it – my treat?”

“Only if it’s my treat!”

“No, my treat or nothing!”

“Okay then, I shall look forward to that!” William said

“Good, you can come for me at 7.30pm!”


Chapter End Notes:
Are you nearly ready for the smut yet?